PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Miners

Ivana Gently Kutchukokoff
    Society
    Pyrates of Calypso
    Images
    well you can chat to most ppl in relics, tgp, obissian order - in last one Kosmos and popfuzz definately got my votes.

Posted via Mobile Device

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Corrianna Trina Xenophage
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xX Gently Xx View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    well you can chat to most ppl in relics, tgp, obissian order - in last one Kosmos and popfuzz definately got my votes.

Posted via Mobile Device
    yeah Id have to second that. Adding them to recent growth to that level of play, experience, and production.

Not me....................
    deleted

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such. See what i am trying to get at is what methods have proved to be the most stable for mining.

1. Sticking to the same area - minimize loss with exploring

2. Multiple detectors same location

3.time based

4. Throw ped at it.. deposit 10k dollars in game buy as many skills as posible get an expensive detector ad carpet bomb CND with OA105(UL) until they hit something big.. rinse and repeat

5. mine on a particular continent or planet on a given day (see time based)

6. target only extremely high markup ore spawns to make money.

7. mine based on orders only.

8. cheat off other miners lol..

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    My definition of "best miner", from my own perspective, is whoever has the best profit:time ratio. For me, mining is just to profit, there's not much fun in it (big loots are fun, but mostly because it means profit). I think most miners would stop if it wasn't profitable or profitability seemed attainable in the near future (or you can break even while waiting for a big one). Only gamblers would be left. I sometimes doubt MA understands this with their apparent efforts to nerf markups.

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Iam Flatline Legion
    Society
    Supremacy Reign
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
    Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such. See what i am trying to get at is what methods have proved to be the most stable for mining.

1. Sticking to the same area - minimize loss with exploring

2. Multiple detectors same location

3.time based

4. Throw ped at it.. deposit 10k dollars in game buy as many skills as posible get an expensive detector ad carpet bomb CND with OA105(UL) until they hit something big.. rinse and repeat

5. mine on a particular continent or planet on a given day (see time based)

6. target only extremely high markup ore spawns to make money.

7. mine based on orders only.

8. cheat off other miners lol..
    For me it has been to use my timer app and be in the proper area see http://www.magnussoderberg.com/EU/timer however this has now changed again. As for multiple detectors (there is one part i dissagree with your so far winds) is that use the one with the most asd as proven by upc miners. Using a finder (in the same area) with a better asd gives a higher chance to get the rarer ores/enmatters in that area. Although the difference is kinda small i think.

KosmosZ Zeas Aer
    Society
    Omnia
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xX Gently Xx View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Trina Xenophage View Post
    yeah Id have to second that. Adding them to recent growth to that level of play, experience, and production.
    flattering to put my name up for grabs but anyone can go buy amps and do 1200 to 1500 drops in a day consistantly and spam globals and hofs. truely top end miners are the ones that understand the following:

1. how the loot system works

2. spawn times

3 spawn location

4. when and when to use what tools (finders/ amps)

5. profits?

6. knows when and when not to sell loot.

there are probably more criteria that is left out I wish I personally had more knowledge of areas and went into more aspects of mining, but one thing I do know if it works do it again, and again, and again.

oh and if i was going to throw some names out i would go towards squall, robin gripper planet, pretty much most of relics, and moonbitter.
    kosmos

Guardian
    Windswept Winds Tundra
    Society
    SoF Soldiers Of Fortune
    Images
    heh give me 10 miners skills form lvl 10 prospecting to 60 prospecting.. Ill choose the tools, locations , and times and we will take 1 week all use same amount of ped, track the data and see what we can come up with.. honestly it should be a month not a week but patience is limited. I get that together and i thik my modl for success can be proven... im not saying that any individual miner will get rich but i think as a whole we will see some interesting results.

oh here is another tidbit that i have seen for years. and its a dead giveaway that the loot is controled manually and automatically. The day before maybe even 2 before a VU the loot system starts to shut down. Then right after a VU its back on.. you can actually see that the system can be shut of and over time the amount of ped available slowly drifts to close to nothing. This has been a complaint for years. Then its all reset and ores that werent hitting for weeks start hitting again.. i mean cmon this last little VU update before that Niks didnt hit at all then bam! update and 30k of Niks drops in the first 24-36 hours.

Thats why they dont tell us when an update is coming exactly because people would stop putting ped in until the restart. However you know its coing when it dies down considerably..

food for thought

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Dante "Ghost" Bleach
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    There's one avatar that is like chuck norris of miners.
    He alone takes all 10 positions,
    his name is strakkan
    I'm not a PK'er... I just don't like people on my radar

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Paavo PP Pesusieni
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
    Ok so now i would love to see each of those miners come here and have an honest open discussion about returns, success, investmetns and such.
    a bit over 1,5 year with this avatar, 150 euros deposit and have ~55-60k peds with skills atm. Though all profit isnt from mining, but most is.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast