RCE, what have been done so far?

Nirfu

Elite
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Nirfu Nirfu Merlin
This is what Marco said in the beginnig of his CEO role for FPC

The corner stone of the Entropia experience has always been the real cash economy. This is one area I feel has been neglected some until now. One of the first steps after VU 10.0 is to focus on adding elements and opportunities to the Calypso economy to take it a huge step closer to the fully realized vision of a true real cash economy with the diversity surpass what exists on Earth today. The crude and rough edges need to be polished. We must add more layers to facilitate much more variants of participation. Planet Calypso should always cater for both those who wish to contribute nothing else but their time to those who are willing to spend thousands of dollars. It has to be an entertaining and fruitful environment for everyone. Anyone should be able to find a corner, find a niche, and grow as an avatar and maybe as a real person as well. Business must be thriving on Planet Calypso.

So far I can't see much done to improve the real cash economy. Can anyone else identifie something? I would really like to see something from Marco or Hanne on this.

I'm not making a defense but it could be argued the tier system has added a layer to the economy like he talked about. It's certainly stimulated activity in a lot of different areas and some people are making ped from it. I'm not sure that alone has moved us more towards a "true real cash economy" rather than just provide some diversity but for better or worse it's out there.

P.S. Same could be said for vehicles.

Last edited:
Cars! oh wait, what did they do? Oh yes, nothing.

Good quote find, Nirfu. I'd just like to know what Marco means by a "true real cash economy". What's the whole "true" thing about?

Good quote find, Nirfu. I'd just like to know what Marco means by a "true real cash economy". What's the whole "true" thing about?

not fake ;P

honestly. no idea =/

i wonder what FPC still plans if Calypso was realy sold or they still want to sell it.

I dont think a new company will hire the old stuff.. if they do..there will be big changes thought.

The conundrum that presents itself with an RCE is the fact that the virtual world is still run by a business and that business still has to make money. EU can never be a 'true' RCE. For me, a 'true' RCE means that there's a closed amount of money inside the virtual world, and it's passed around just like in a normal economy. There's no company trying to make us lose money faster in order to profit.

In a 'true' RCE scenario, MindArk/FPC would make money perhaps through in-game advertising, and they would not be responsible for handling deposits/withdrawals because RL bank accounts would be directly linked to our PED cards. No more deposits and no more withdrawals. Spending money in EU would be the same as using your debit card at the grocery store. Instantly taken out of your checking account.

The game would be infinitely more enjoyable if this was a reality, but it's a lot of work. Probably would need a whole new game to even have a chance at it.

The conundrum that presents itself with an RCE is the fact that the virtual world is still run by a business and that business still has to make money. EU can never be a 'true' RCE. For me, a 'true' RCE means that there's a closed amount of money inside the virtual world, and it's passed around just like in a normal economy. There's no company trying to make us lose money faster in order to profit.

In a 'true' RCE scenario, MindArk/FPC would make money perhaps through in-game advertising, and they would not be responsible for handling deposits/withdrawals because RL bank accounts would be directly linked to our PED cards. No more deposits and no more withdrawals. Spending money in EU would be the same as using your debit card at the grocery store. Instantly taken out of your checking account.

The game would be infinitely more enjoyable if this was a reality, but it's a lot of work. Probably would need a whole new game to even have a chance at it.

Interrestin idea for sure... thats like in my country, if politics took 10% of our wealth (rolf, they do it - but thats other story) in same way as MA does. And than they would hope that ppl will create selfsufficient ecconomy.
That can hardly work.

Till the time MA will be able to live from money gained "indirectly" - from advertising of RL companies, etc etc - TRUE RCE will not exist.

Interrestin idea for sure... thats like in my country, if politics took 10% of our wealth (rolf, they do it - but thats other story) in same way as MA does. And than they would hope that ppl will create selfsufficient ecconomy.
That can hardly work.

Till the time MA will be able to live from money gained "indirectly" - from advertising of RL companies, etc etc - TRUE RCE will not exist.

Never a truer post made on EF. :D

So far I can't see much done to improve the real cash economy. Can anyone else identifie something? ..........................

how about selling Planet Calyspso, and telling no one ?;)

Well, it's hard for FPC to do much about the RCE, it's MA who develop the EU platform. I think FPC and MA have focused on getting more investors and money right know. And i guess the last year the new planets and bringing back the old pre vu10 systems have takeing a lot of time.

Once you start ignoring everything MA/FPC/RT say you'll find the game much more enjoyable.

Once you start ignoring everything MA/FPC/RT say you'll find the game much more enjoyable.

You're right, it really works.

My thoughts is if they focused on micropayments in the long term instead of big hype sailes like Banks(pawn shops), malls, Spacestations etc they would probably get more money in. They have an economy where we could make it grow(there is no idea to have a fixed ingame amount of manu, not even in the real world does this work, it's all virtual value).
With a bigger playerbase their micro income will be of course BIGGER. Now with first one year waiting for the game experience Jesus called CE2 and then one year of waiting for the same thing to actually work many is still in the waiting or as many call it non-deposting-looking-around-doing-nothing.

This is what Marco said in the beginnig of his CEO role for FPC

So far I can't see much done to improve the real cash economy. Can anyone else identifie something? I would really like to see something from Marco or Hanne on this.

hehe he never says to improve the real cash economy for US....Im pretty sure with the decayfest they have innitiated with missons that MA's real cash economy is doing quite well.

My thoughts is if they focused on micropayments in the long term instead of big hype sailes like Banks(pawn shops), malls, Spacestations etc they would probably get more money in. They have an economy where we could make it grow(there is no idea to have a fixed ingame amount of manu, not even in the real world does this work, it's all virtual value).
With a bigger playerbase their micro income will be of course BIGGER. Now with first one year waiting for the game experience Jesus called CE2 and then one year of waiting for the same thing to actually work many is still in the waiting or as many call it non-deposting-looking-around-doing-nothing.

Well, they kind of already are useing "micropayments" with decay and fees. The queastion is how the EU should be used. It could be a pure virtual economy where the economy is focused only on the interaction between the avatars, as it is like now, or we could have some elements of business connected to the RL humans. For example, should we have virtual stores inside EU where we could buy RL cloth with our peds? Should we be able to pay and see a movie inside EU? Go to a virtual sport bar and see a live stream of a Man U - Liverpool match (for a relative low price)?.
How should the EU virtual world and the RCE be used?

i wonder what FPC still plans if Calypso was realy sold or they still want to sell it.

I dont think a new company will hire the old stuff.. if they do..there will be big changes thought.

how about selling Planet Calyspso, and telling no one ?;)

As far is this concerns, I think the group of people that actually know what this is all about is rather small. Plus, something apparently isn't being considered much....MA could just be selling Planet Calypso to FPC.
FPC was the company to govern the planet, maybe not yet the owner of the planet. Which from a business point of view doesn't sound illogical at all.

That can hardly work.

so true, but I don't see anything like that happen in the near future. Although we never know what MA has up it's sleeve. ;)

EU can never be a 'true' RCE. For me, a 'true' RCE means that there's a closed amount of money inside the virtual world, and it's passed around just like in a normal economy.

What you label a "normal economy" I'm taking to mean the real world economy... in which case, the real world economy does not have a closed amount of money, it must continuously grow or else it crashes. Furthermore - and as preposterous as it sounds - it is the continual growth that forces a crash. This is the fundamental flaw in reserve banking.
The only way to grow an economy, is to lend more money.

nb: a crash in simple terms is not directly a lack of money, rather it is a lack of growth (see: new debt) necessary to garnish past growth (see: current debt).

Last edited:
Huhehahauehahhhoh RCE hehehe

If you read what Marco say and you still believe it after all these years.. wel

hahahahaha

If someone ever pull this off... that persone will sure get a Nobel Price. Goverments around the world will pay big dollar to hire him.

Mommuments will be made for him

cities and streets will be bnamed after him.

But right now only thing got named after is the stuffs I flush :)

If you read what Marco say and you still believe it after all these years.. wel

hahahahaha

If someone ever pull this off... that persone will sure get a Nobel Price. Goverments around the world will pay big dollar to hire him.

Mommuments will be made for him

cities and streets will be bnamed after him.

But right now only thing got named after is the stuffs I flush :)

:D

probaly to short

As more crap got added it diluted the market. Now there's tiny islands where things are used and there's little crossover.

So many stacks go un-used and end up as tt fodder that before held a small markup.

Many of the sought after items are still looted. That doesn't help the crafters and it doesn't help their suppliers.

We've got huge number of hunters but much fewer crafters (I don't count people who gamble on oa101's). Even if we did the skill levels required prohibit many new players from joining in as the costs required to skill up are huge.

Look at the tt value of the most used mid and high level (L) weapons - some over 2000ped :laugh: far too high for a crafter to risk making in large enough quantities to supply the market without an equally huge markup.

How many hunters have turned back to eco grinding as to continue would be too expensive due to the cost of equipment.

Last edited:
That can hardly work.

yeah what he said!

As more crap got added it diluted the market. Now there's tiny islands where things are used and there's little crossover.

So many stacks go un-used and end up as tt fodder that before held a small markup.

Many of the sought after items are still looted. That doesn't help the crafters and it doesn't help their suppliers.

We've got huge number of hunters but much fewer crafters (I don't count people who gamble on oa101's). Even if we did the skill levels required prohibit many new players from joining in as the costs required to skill up are huge.

Look at the tt value of the most used mid and high level (L) weapons - some over 2000ped :laugh: far too high for a crafter to risk making in large enough quantities to supply the market without an equally huge markup.

How many hunters have turned back to eco grinding as to continue would be too expensive due to the cost of equipment.

If I look in my storage I have 490-500 items all the time and I have to use storage boxes to keep more stuff and then add 3 apartments on that. It kind of prove that there is to damn many things there.When I reach the 500 limit i usually try to clean out at least 10 items, but in a week I'm back where I started.

I don't think we should talk bad about the oa101 crafters and other gambling crafters, that's what drives the economy now. The gambling addicts is the ones who feed in new money in the eceonomy.

Don't hate me know, but IMO MA/FPC should stop the drop of UL stuff in loot, except the occasional Uber things. If the players used more crafted items it would help the economy to live.

There could be other things in loot like unique items just for fun. We see how an useless egg, a superuneco knife etc can gain big sums from collectors. Imagine a band of Encyclopedia with a book for each letter. Some one would for sure buy these 26 different books just for fun to put in an estate. Things like this can also drive the economy. Money must be pored in to the system all the time, MA/FPC must find/create ways for people to do soo.

I'm no different. I've got several stacks of tailoring materials over 500ped and ore stacks of few hundred ped each but it's the lowest grade stuff that everyone loots so it doesn't hold any markup as there isn't the need for it. Even oil was nearly tt until they created the vehicles and gave it use.

I only held onto the stacks in the hope that during vu10 we'd actually get some crafters but instead tailoring seems to have been killed off.

The gambling crafters use a few types of resource so we don't have the broad range of crafters that an rce really needs and are they really playing if they just load up the crafting machine, hit the auto use button and leave it running for a few hours. It needs encouragement for players to go into crafting but not by dropping ath's which seem to encourage the polarisation.

Personally I'd drop the maximum values of the (L) items to make them more affordable and take less resources to make them. There's lots of items in the crafting books that cost +300% for the resources but with the same items appearing in loot for less then +150% it makes any attempt to craft them pointless.

The gambling crafters use a few types of resource so we don't have the broad range of crafters that an rce really needs and are they really playing if they just load up the crafting machine, hit the auto use button and leave it running for a few hours. It needs encouragement for players to go into crafting but not by dropping ath's which seem to encourage the polarisation.

Personally I'd drop the maximum values of the (L) items to make them more affordable and take less resources to make them. There's lots of items in the crafting books that cost +300% for the resources but with the same items appearing in loot for less then +150% it makes any attempt to craft them pointless.

Agreed on the too few crafters. A lot of items that could have good availability don't, as nobody crafts the items or there is at most 1-2 on market at any time at niche prices. And then there are of course the stupid blueprints that require dunkel or similar for rather ordinary items. I'm not entirely sure how we could go about changing the first one. If FPC does not make any crafting related competitions or missions, we might be able to make some on our own. The second is probably uncurable.

High(er) cost (L) items are a mixed bag. The higher TT allows more of the value to be residue, thus decreasing the price the crafter would have to charge to break even (and thus the price he will want to charge).

As a separate, slightly off-topic angle - if somebody does make a competition that will encourage new crafters to start up that also doesn't encourage crafting on condition to get globals, I will contribute 50 PED to the prize fund.

Don't hate me know, but IMO MA/FPC should stop the drop of UL stuff in loot, except the occasional Uber things. If the players used more crafted items it would help the economy to live.

I don't hate you. I think unl sib owners would benefit and people that want to craft and not gamble would too, as well as people on the supply chain. Good luck getting people to understand that though ;)

I don't hate you. I think unl sib owners would benefit and people that want to craft and not gamble would too, as well as people on the supply chain. Good luck getting people to understand that though ;)

thx for the non-hate:)

They will improve the 'true' economy.

Right after they improve communication and hatch the egg.

Back