RCE, what have been done so far?

Hmmm,

I'm thinking that Rocktropia, the Calypso new arrival centre, the ability to purchase your own modifications to estates (TPs, item points, booths etc), vehicles, tiering, the new mindforce system, off the top of my head, all represent moves toward exactly what Marco's referring to.

Hmmm,

I'm thinking that Rocktropia, the Calypso new arrival centre, the ability to purchase your own modifications to estates (TPs, item points, booths etc), vehicles, tiering, the new mindforce system, off the top of my head, all represent moves toward exactly what Marco's referring to.

You must be mistaken :p Surely you don't want to believe that EU and calypso could be improving ? Just think of all the jobless naysayers that this would create! Worst case they would be forced to actually play the game! Oh, the horrors!

You must be mistaken :p Surely you don't want to believe that EU and calypso could be improving ? Just think of all the jobless naysayers that this would create! Worst case they would be forced to actually play the game! Oh, the horrors!

Right, yep, fair point. I take it all back. Sorry everyone!

:banghead:

A Real Cash Economy can only work when it has Real Cash infused in to the game, other then the cash that players spend on the game. ATM, this is a pay for game disguised as an RCE game.

WHAT IF.....

The malls had real stores that we players could support. Next time you need a computer upgrade you could buy it from there, and then a spiff from such companies would be put directly in to the game, just as an example.

HOW ABOUT...

A real auction like Ebay, where players could sell stuff, and a percentage of the proceeds going in to the game.

As others have mentioned, we need an infusion of money from outside of the game, otherwise this is just a "Pay to Play" disguised as an RCE.

This nonsense of individuals so called "Investing", by buying Planets, Islands etc, has absolutly no meaning for us players, for those who invest such money expect a return in their investment, and such returns can only be provided by us, the average player, by depositing.

When you order a large Pizza for three people, and two more arive later to partake, the Pizza doesnt get automaticly larger, the slices just get smaller and everyone eats less, and is hungry for more.

Von

I'm not making a defense but it could be argued the tier system has added a layer to the economy like he talked about. It's certainly stimulated activity in a lot of different areas and some people are making ped from it. I'm not sure that alone has moved us more towards a "true real cash economy" rather than just provide some diversity but for better or worse it's out there.

P.S. Same could be said for vehicles.

This is some good points, but what effect have these changes really had on the economy.

Cars have raised oil prise a bit. (not that I understand how to fuel my car I just drive around)

Enhance should get rid of a big chunck of all yellow "no loot", but I still experience 7-8 no loots in a row when I do some defensice hunting. And the markup of that stuff isn't really a big leap economicaly speaking.

I use a tier 2 orefinder with added enhancersa on but I think I put 15 on a few months ago and still have 8 left. I don't see the big change for the market if I can buy for a few PEDs and use for ever (almost)

I still think that estate decoration, clothes and coloring was a big market a few years ago but MA's nerfs f**d that up big time.

There are a few materials that seem to have started cycling with a bit more demand through the economy (if the price is anything to go by). Take Muscle Oil for example. For a long time it didn't fetch too much more than TT, but these days it's been pretty solidly around the 110%+ mark for a while.

When something crafted is introduced that demands ingredients, and forms another layer in the economy, and solidifies supply and demand balancing so that prices rise above TT, is that not an indication of MA taking steps in the right direction toward Marco's saying?

I would have been disappointed if they'd introduced new materials for the new crafts. Creating stronger demand for EXISTING materials was the right thing to do.

Well it is fair to say that not much has been introduced since then. The "polishing" of the edges has not really happened...

Cars have raised oil prise a bit. (not that I understand how to fuel my car I just drive around)

No. Cars invigorated a lot of crafting, including components that previously had no reason to exist except skilling and boosted the market for others: This covers components like:
  • Basic filters
  • Basic servo
  • Standard springs
  • Basic bearings
  • Basic wires
  • GEC Spur Gears 1K

While the vehicle crafting has probably died down a bit, skilling on the vehicle component bp-s will hopefully keep the market somewhat alive until the next wave arrives.

I use a tier 2 orefinder with added enhancersa on but I think I put 15 on a few months ago and still have 8 left. I don't see the big change for the market if I can buy for a few PEDs and use for ever (almost)

If you don't use (L) items then this might be true. However, there is a lively market for tiered up (L) items, and L items with high tier numbers for (at least) the couple of first tiers continue to demand a premium. As far as I'm concerned, rightfully.

Back