The GreenLife Project needs your help!

eoden13

Stalker
Society
Classified
Eoden Asmodeus Rydar
Hello my fellow entropians!

I have been working on the idea for The GreenLife Project (TGLP) for several months. I would greatly apprecaite everyone's comments, thoughts, suggestions, encouragement or discouragement for this idea. It is still in a rough phase at the moment but I really think it has potential to grow and foster a great new awareness about online games and gamers.

What is TGLP? It is a group dedicated to the promotion of playing online games to benefit real world charities.

TGLP plans to use the Entropia Universe as the platform. TGLP is looking to build a community of resources that will allow everyone to play The Entropia Universe and make a difference to real world charities / organizations.

Within the virtual world of the Entropia Universe TGLP plans to build up enough funds to purchase a Land Area. The purpose of the Land Area would be to collect taxes, hold events, contests and bring awareness to real world charities / organizations. What makes TGLP different from other groups purchasing Land Areas? TGLP plans to donate ever penny over operation cost to a real world-wide non-profit charity!

TGLP plans to operate off the good will of other Entropians (donations) and start partnering with current land owners to hold events and contests to promote this project. If you have any desire to help or contribute or learn more please visit our website.

https://greenlifeproject.wordpress.com

I like the idea, but you may want to look into getting 501(c)(3) status since you are in the US.

Awesome idea, but I'd love to see a lot of documentation before supporting something like this.

I like the idea, but you may want to look into getting 501(c)(3) status since you are in the US.

Thanks, I have been looking into that and the requirements. I am really trying to see if there would be support for something of this nature prior to launching forward with all the paperwork. this idea and site is really in a beta phase.

I appreciate your ideas.

Awesome idea, but I'd love to see a lot of documentation before supporting something like this.

good to know! more feedback makes this project happen. Also looking for awesome people to join the project too.

I have a hard time seeing that people would support a IRL cause by donating to a person/persons game play :rolleyes:
I allready donate to the childrens cancer fund and WWF, I wouldnt donate a cent to them if they were spending money to buy LA's and "playing" to earn money.
No matter whether the intention is noble or a grand scam attempt, charitys do NOT belong in the gaming world.

Thats my opinion.

Collecting donations, to buy a LA, to tax those who donated. :scratch2:

GL with that.

If I make a donation I do it in a way that I can choose where the money's going and get a tax write off.

I have a hard time seeing that people would support a IRL cause by donating to a person/persons game play :rolleyes:
I allready donate to the childrens cancer fund and WWF, I wouldnt donate a cent to them if they were spending money to buy LA's and "playing" to earn money.
No matter whether the intention is noble or a grand scam attempt, charitys do NOT belong in the gaming world.

Thats my opinion.

See this is the kind of feed back I was looking for. I wanted to use the Entropia Universe for something good but I had a feeling the thought of a charity for a charity type of thing would bring about a "what's the point?"

thank you for your honesty

Collecting donations, to buy a LA, to tax those who donated. :scratch2:

GL with that.

If I make a donation I do it in a way that I can choose where the money's going and get a tax write off.

Hey I felt like I needed to try the idea so I apprecaite the feedback. This would probably work out better if I already owned the Land Areas but since I do not I would need a way to get them. You make a positive point on the tax those that donated.

This is also why I decided to post the idea here before I went any further with it. I figured someone would point out a flaw that I wasn't looking at.

Greenlife

I think its an excellent idea. And an unselfish act of good intentions, not for someone to get a personal tax break.

A lot of hunting and mining is done in land areas anyways so whats wrong with doing it in an area that has some benefit to the world? You wouldn't even notice considering the regular taxes we already pay in LA's enriching for profit landowners.

So I think its a nice idea to help instead of helping yourself to.
And lets face it, to most people Entropia players are pissing away our money playing video games anyways.
We could be pissing our cash away for a good cause.

In principle it is a good idea, in practice, well that might be a different story and indeed some might see it as a scam to get ppl to hun on your LA.
Perhaps it would be more profitable to charitites if MA as a company designated certain LA's as charity areas or made a percentage of all profits to be going to charity (that way at least we would know, no matter where we hunted/mined etc or what we sold on auction, a percentage is going to a good cause). Or maybe when they have big 'mad monster invasion' events, that all ammo/decay profits would be for charities. If they did decide to go along with helping out (and ofc they would get tax breaks too) then maybe they could have a list of charities that the avatar could choose from so that all their 'gaming' would go to particular ones, or indeed just to the main pool for equal distribution.
Anyway, just a few ideas.
GL with your plans.
Silva xx:)

In principle it is a good idea, in practice, well that might be a different story and indeed some might see it as a scam to get ppl to hun on your LA.
Perhaps it would be more profitable to charitites if MA as a company designated certain LA's as charity areas or made a percentage of all profits to be going to charity (that way at least we would know, no matter where we hunted/mined etc or what we sold on auction, a percentage is going to a good cause). Or maybe when they have big 'mad monster invasion' events, that all ammo/decay profits would be for charities. If they did decide to go along with helping out (and ofc they would get tax breaks too) then maybe they could have a list of charities that the avatar could choose from so that all their 'gaming' would go to particular ones, or indeed just to the main pool for equal distribution.
Anyway, just a few ideas.
GL with your plans.
Silva xx:)

That is a wonderful idea! as well! thanks for the info.

Back