Petition to seperate Rocktropia

seperate the planets?

• keep away the rocktropia stuff and messages from calypso

Votes: 201 57.6%
  • merge rocktropia and calypso even more (and all other planets to come)

Votes: 66 18.9%
  • i don´t care

Votes: 82 23.5%

• Total voters

Waldi

Guardian
Society
NBK
Zan Waldi Dariel
When i started playing, i saw the big potential of this game, inspiring my fantasy a lot about what was announced to come and so on.:wtg:

But then it evolved completly different. MA changed direction and concept, turning an amazing, unique game into a "platform"...:rolleyes:

From my point of view, this will turn into an epic fail - already the forecast of a lot new players after CE2-update and even more new players with planet releases was only lost hope in the end.

Look at the demographical proof of my thesis here:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/195460-how-long-since-your-first-ever-login-entropia-universe-project-entropia.html

We had a growing game till about 4 years ago, when the new players had its peak - since that peak, the playerbase is slowly decreasing again, even with CE2 and a lot of other improvements.

I dreamt of a whole universe, with different planets to travel to, intergalactic trades and the whole stuff of a game with a science fiction background and storyline.:cool:

Lets come to the point:

I can´t stand anymore to see the stuff from the "music-planet" Rocktropia flooding our beloved science fiction planet Calypso. And spamming the local chat. (well, so far its far away to call it spamming, but who knows:laugh:)

What comes next? A movie planet where you have to fight against Yul Brynners and to craft with emmys and oscars?:scratch2:

At the end, each new "planet" is just a plain copy of Calypso with different names and looks and don´t fit into the scify theme.

Lets seperate Calypso from other planets that don´t fit into the storyline, to rescue at least a part of the game with a once great potential.
:smash:

Last edited:
well the ppl on rock have more trouble about calypso stuff then you.

And itś all the same universe

Fpc is already talking about this with MA btw

oh and that single global of a vampire chick of popdragon ??? omg the horror... rt players get spammed with trox globals the whole time

well the ppl on rock have more trouble about calypso stuff then you.

And itś all the same universe

Fpc is already talking about this with MA btw

oh and that single global of a vampire chick of popdragon ??? omg the horror... rt players get spammed with trox globals the whole time

They need something to fill their global chat with :)

Last edited:
Although I don't think that RT will flood the chat in a near future, an option to turn off RT globals would indeed be useful. Auction could also have a split option.

I already have my PC full of RT textures which I never asked for nor do I need'em!

Last edited:
I already have my PC full of RT textures which I never asked for nor do I need'em!

with the upcoming planets am also curious how this will get solved I rather see a on torrent based downloader client which download RT when you want to go there

Eventually they will have to separate them, since it will end up becoming rediculous. It's not so much of a problem now, but imagine when there are like six planets or something. Imagine the rate at which globals will fly by on the screen! It'd almost become unreadable.

Probably gonna happen anyway for that reason, however I do agree with keeping the globals limited to specific planets. Not only does it intefere with a planets setting / theme, but confuses new players. For example a newbie on ROCKtropia sees a series of global on an Atrox, then tries to find out where they are... only to find they don't exist there.

As i posted in other thread and a lot people agreed >

Its simple (global chat will be selectable option)

1. Split the auction to Planets Sections,

2. Split that global/hof chat so i will not see Elvis and so on dragons anymore...

This means > Leave planet calypso science finction game without this RT and other planets bullshit !!!

The obvious choice would be an option to 'Show Messages from current Planet only'

May be an option to turn off messages from other areas well ;) like CND and CP.

The obvious choice would be an option to 'Show Messages from current Planet only'

May be an option to turn off messages from other areas well ;) like CND and CP.

CND or CP cant because they are users area and CND as that attach to global message service so that is a no no then .Also itś part of Calypso

This wouldn't address BS items in auction. (RT ones for Calypsans, Calypso ones for Rockheads)

a few things need to happen:

• Ability to customize which planets globals get displayed in global chat
  • ability to hide which auction items and categories are in the default auction display

Each planet partner should be able to set default settings for new users of that planet, and players should be able to unfilter whichever items are relevant to their game.

CND or CP cant because they are users area and CND as that attach to global message service so that is a no no then .Also itś part of Calypso

I'd still like option to be able to turn them off or any other area.

This wouldn't address BS items in auction. (RT ones for Calypsans, Calypso ones for Rockheads)

True but if you want to have objects from one on the other then you might find we're stuck with it.

True but if you want to have objects from one on the other then you might find we're stuck with it.

Hmmm... artifacts can migrate but stackables can't, maybe?

Yes please, make global chat from other planets optional, and seperate categories in auction.

I voted yes, but I rather see it as an option you select if you would like to see it or not. ATH:s could get through but not globals.

Ya know.. it occurs to me that if FPC was indeed sold to a third party, it would at least in theory be possible for Planet Calypso to migrate to a non-MA controlled platform...

I voted yes, but I rather see it as an option you select if you would like to see it or not. ATH:s could get through but not globals.

If we get it seperated, please no ATH's leaking through, I'd like it to be as if it never happened.

Eventually they will have to separate them, since it will end up becoming rediculous. It's not so much of a problem now, but imagine when there are like six planets or something. Imagine the rate at which globals will fly by on the screen! It'd almost become unreadable.

2 planet 8 planet or even 500 will be actually the same for a increase rate of global in chat u need more player not more planet and since 1 year i don't see new player coming only old player quitting .... so don't worry about global spam but more about the death of the player base if nothing change. How many time rocktropia will leave ? cost for run a planet is huge (it's not like a land area) and what the actual return u see a lot of player playing in this place ?

Here is the global/hof just the last few day (info entropiatracker)

Calypso 8/30/2010 1764 248,063 PED
Rocktropia 8/30/2010 24 3,228 PED

Calypso 8/29/2010 2218 278,520 PED
Rocktropia 8/29/2010 21 2,287 PED

Calypso 8/28/2010 2111 282,465 PED
Rocktropia 8/28/2010 9 1,030 PED

Calypso 8/27/2010 1817 264,315 PED
Rocktropia 8/27/2010 5 448 PED

Now u can image how much money rocktropia win .. nothing ... they are certainly losing money since month now. If it's the same with all new planet how much time left ?

So the most important is not to separate rocktropia or other new planet, it's not to develop new feature or even the old one missing, the most important is to find new player for this game (and eventually try to kept the actual old player)

You mean like that episode of Dalas where aliens came down?:silly2:

Hopefully, didn't they write that mistake off as a nightmare?

whare as i disagree with most things youve said, i wont get into that.

I do think planets chat should be completely seperated, hofs, globals, event messages and all.

Here is the global/hof just the last few day (info entropiatracker)

Calypso 8/30/2010 1764 248,063 PED
Rocktropia 8/30/2010 24 3,228 PED

Calypso 8/29/2010 2218 278,520 PED
Rocktropia 8/29/2010 21 2,287 PED

Calypso 8/28/2010 2111 282,465 PED
Rocktropia 8/28/2010 9 1,030 PED

Calypso 8/27/2010 1817 264,315 PED
Rocktropia 8/27/2010 5 448 PED

Wow i didn't realise it was that dead there for activity, was this because of the coming ath or has this been the average kind of activity on RT?

Actually looking at these figures i guess RT need spam from calypso at the moment, can you imagine seeing 5 globals in 24 hours? I do think the options to filter spam in client loader would be a good idea in the future though.

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you!

Yes please. :yup:

Options, options, options!

Forcing me to only see stuff from the planet I'm on is no better than forcing me to see all of it (in fact I would consider it worse).

What we need is the ability to decide for ourselves.

Ya know.. it occurs to me that if FPC was indeed sold to a third party, it would at least in theory be possible for Planet Calypso to migrate to a non-MA controlled platform...

true... but aren't our avatars and items MA property?

something tells me it couldn't happen without us all having to start over.

My understanding is this

The word Global "means planet-wide" in this instance Globals should remain on calypso , RT , next island

With the introduction of next island in september to the Entropia Universe, I think Hall of Fame messages should be broadcast on all planets , because loot pool is intertwined (Joe Jeffs ATH on RT proved that theory), however global messages should be only seen on calypso , RT and next island the word "global" means global not "universal". I think Hall of fame entries should be Universal.

What do you think

cheers:)

Why do we need more islands? I'd like more people in the current planets...

Sad to see the storyline go this way aswell....:(

Options, options, options!

Forcing me to only see stuff from the planet I'm on is no better than forcing me to see all of it (in fact I would consider it worse).

What we need is the ability to decide for ourselves.

I totally agree.

Why do we need more islands? I'd like more people in the current planets...

Sad to see the storyline go this way aswell....:(

He's talking about NextIsland , a new planet :D

FPC has ongoing discussions about this. On one hand, there are the Entropia Universe concept from MindArk (all planets are part of one virtual universe), on another there are the needs of each and every planet partner and the players. I believe we will see some sort of separation or filters in the future though.

FPC has ongoing discussions about this. On one hand, there are the Entropia Universe concept from MindArk (all planets are part of one virtual universe), on another there are the needs of each and every planet partner and the players. I believe we will see some sort of separation or filters in the future though.

I also feel there should be the option to hide auctions from other planets, hope that idea has been brought up :p

Back