Question: New bug for hairstyling?

Alwyn

Dominant
Lady Alwyn Azalea
Hiya,

Was skilling hairstyling on some friends tonight. Managed lots without problem then a new friend comes and I keep getting the yellow message:

"There was a problem during the procedure. Shutting down interface and all alterations are reset."

I relogged and still same problem. Anyone else getting this?

Cheers,
Alwyn.

Edit:
Ok, so I tried it some more. Relogged a few more times, had the person relog. Even unequipped tool, etc. Still didn't work.

Had someone else try it and it worked just fine. How bizarre. Gonna send a support case to MA with some screenies, but no matter what I couldn't do it on this person.

He could get the the stage where it asked him to confirm payment, but the yellow text comes up, no pedcard update or skills, etc. However the hairstyle sticks for a few minutes before reverting to the original style.

x

Last edited:
hmm so far i didint had any probs ...

Support seem to think that it's just this one avatar that is bugged, not me or the process seeings as it would work just fine on anyone else. Kinda embarassing for me though! :ahh:

Hi,

We have now reported this bug to our developers. They will investigate, find the cause and fix this. Once this is fixed it will be posted in our News section. If we need more information from you we will let you know.
We thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,

Myriam | Planet Calypso Support

Well that's something. :)

I have that bug too it seem to happen wen you dont have the part you trying to change that why zuna have no problem i have send a suport case long time ago and got the same answer :(

I have that bug too it seem to happen wen you dont have the part you trying to change that why zuna have no problem i have send a suport case long time ago and got the same answer :(

What do you mean when you don't have the part you're trying to change?? I tried 6 or 7 different hairstyles on this avatar and none would take all with the same bug.

dunno may its the beard ? you not can just unlock new hairstyles, new face hair too. Else i really dont know what it coud be..

What do you mean when you don't have the part you're trying to change?? I tried 6 or 7 different hairstyles on this avatar and none would take all with the same bug.

What he means is, that the avatar actually got a hairstyle you haven´t unlocked yet, so you are not able to change this hairstyle into something you already unlocked.

If it is like that, then its another very stupid bug, as it should only check if you unlocked the hairstyle you want to create, not that one that already is there!

Ive had the same bug... but whats strange... it only happen on some avas not all... :scratch2:

What he means is, that the avatar actually got a hairstyle you haven´t unlocked yet, so you are not able to change this hairstyle into something you already unlocked.

If it is like that, then its another very stupid bug, as it should only check if you unlocked the hairstyle you want to create, not that one that already is there!

yep this is what i mean also like kimi pointed it only happen on some ava and maybe only on some part

Ahh, well I had the hairstyle that he previously had so that can't be it. Otherwise, I really have no idea. Just another silly bug I guess. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Glad I'm not the only one though, thanks Kimmi! :D

xx

If you get this message: "He is allready bald, theres no more hair to cut" You should probably stop if he is your friend. I didnt notice the message the first time, so now my x-friend walks around with an open scalp.

I have the exact same bug!!!

Hiya,

Was skilling hairstyling on some friends tonight. Managed lots without problem then a new friend comes and I keep getting the yellow message:

"There was a problem during the procedure. Shutting down interface and all alterations are reset."

I re-logged and still same problem. Anyone else getting this?

OMG, Alwyn - I've been having the same problem!
It just happened on my face chair too! Exact same thing; I would get the error message and no materials were used, and my PED card was not updated either. The look would stay for a while, but disappear once the client re-logged.

I too have submitted a bug report - no help yet... :mad:

I really hope this business is fixed soon! It is affecting my business... :(

ok this is what i have found

1- you can not color a hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error
2- you can not change a hair style or change the color of a hair style even if it is one you have unlocked, if the customer has a facial hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error
3- you can not change the facial hair style of a customer if that customer has a hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error

Kimmy having that bug is a shocker since he is the highest lvl beautition around and has unlocked everything, Zunamy not haveing a problem is what i would expect since she has unlocked everything also.

work around:
change the facial hair style, then the hair style, then the color the hair
or
change the facial hair style, then color the hair

These errors seam to come and go with the version releases, the time of day, the phase of the moon, the day of the week, the color of the leaves and weether or not the cat next door is scraching his butt, the whole beauty system is being held together with spit right now, lag, sucess rates are all over the place, try reloging before doing a job that seams to have an effect on SR, besides that file a suport case and join the rest of us frustrated beautitions hehe Smile and look at the brite side, it cant get much worse, or can it ;)

Last edited:
Hi Kimmi

Ive had the same bug... but whats strange... it only happen on some avas not all... :scratch2:

When you had this happen, was it post VU 10 and not before? Were you as high level as you are now? i would love to compare notes with you!
:girl:

ok this is what i have found

1- you can not color a hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error
2- you can not change a hair style or change the color of a hair style even if it is one you have unlocked, if the customer has a facial hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error
3- you can not change the facial hair style of a customer if that customer has a hair style you have not unlocked, or you get that error

Kimmy having that bug is a shocker since he is the highest lvl beautition around and has unlocked everything, Zunamy not haveing a problem is what i would expect since she has unlocked everything also.

work around:
change the facial hair style, then the hair style, then the color the hair
or
change the facial hair style, then color the hair

These errors seam to come and go with the version releases, the time of day, the phase of the moon, the day of the week, the color of the leaves and weether or not the cat next door is scraching his butt, the whole beauty system is being held together with spit right now, lag, sucess rates are all over the place, try reloging before doing a job that seams to have an effect on SR, besides that file a suport case and join the rest of us frustrated beautitions hehe Smile and look at the brite side, it cant get much worse, or can it ;)
Zunami is also having this problem with eye color change, read other blog. Your observation is correct for most part, but does not explain why Kimmi has it. This a bug that MA refuses to fix.:mad::mad::mad:

Same bug here!!!!!!

I am relay frustrated, have same bug here...it looks like ur rite james for most part. I send support case too. Stupid MA. How can it be minor bug if we ALL have it..... hellloooo FPC????????

Darned beauty bugs...

Ahhhh, the cursed yellow message...
I was only a beautician for a short while. I came across this bug. It seems if a client came in and they had chosen a look when they created their avatar and used any facial hair (i.e. eyebrows, beard, moustach) that I had not opened - I weas unable to do anything on them.
There are also avatars who had NOT used any selections I had not opened, and i simply could not work on them!
Some did not seem able to even sit in my stylist chairs! I suggested trying many times and right clicking on the base of the chair... this sometimes worked eventually.
Now, the coloring is messed up on all the chairs - this is a disgrace to beauty doctors everywhere!
All i can suggest since some of these bugs have been here for several years, is that you write support case after support case. Get your friends and clients to do them same if they want to support you and this profession.
I suspect the bugs are staying as there are simply a lot less people in this profession and the priority of the fixing of these bugs that go to the design team from support casaes is alotted by just how many they receive. Thet help from your friends and let's scream from the mountaintops to be heard - there is power in numbers so let's band together for this one.
Right now the highest in-game stylist is Zunami. She has worked long and hard only to be unable to color your hair the right shade because of bugs?! This is just wrong!

Fix the bugs and fix the chairs already! :mad:

Same bug here too.
Filing support case... was hoping, it's fixed with todays patch... how hard is it, NOT to mess up EXISTING features? How hard?

Back