Info: The Opalo Program

Society
Swamp Villagers
The White Dot
The Back Story ( please read ) / List of Project Contributors

Welcome to the Opalo Program

A program for higher learning and enrichment for new colonist. Don't just give the newcomers a fish... teach them how to fish!

For the Student / For the Educator

Number of Colonist Graduated: 0
Current Amount of Opalos Available for Program: 17

If you wish to help contribute, just contact me for a decay only fap job. 50% of your tips if you choose to give any, will then be used to purchase opalo's for graduates of this program.

Please note that the exam questions are still being designed and I would greatly appreciate input from the experienced members of EF and entropia.

Last edited:
Today I read a post by NaomiScott, about Social Dynamic.

It made me think a great deal about newcomers, their exposure to the game, what occurs for them etc. Why some leave, what some become, where some come from.

I had stated in my reply to the thread that we currently lack an educational system which is rewarding and successful without the mentorship program. Various key points were made in the thread on all levels which I felt helped address the issue.

One person pointed out that one way people help is by giving out items. However newcomers then expect things free, and don't really grasp the true reality of the game and its community.

It is without being said we now more than ever have snares available at every corner a universe filled with everything you would find in the real world. A harsh and common mix of good, the bad and the ugly...

But what we need is an educational system. I would like to take up this task with the help of participants to help build this system.

I believe newcomers should be rewarded for "hard work". They should learn, experience and grow, and then be gifted for their dedication, making them more likely to be longer term members.

Last edited:
For the Student

Welcome new colonist of Calypso!

You have hopefully mastered the basics and fundamentals which you encountered through various task at the Calypso Gateway. Now that you have arrived, please take the time to review our course information for higher learning.

Q: What is the Opalo Program meant to do?
A: It is a system designed to educate, and reward hard work and effort to learn about the game. Once you learn the necessary information you will be allowed to graduate.

Q: Why is information important, doesn't the Calypso Gateway teach me what I need to know?
A: Sadly no the game is much more in depth and complex that simple ability to navigate, fire guns and drop bombs.

Q: How do I complete the program?
A: Learn the required knowledge, and meet all final requirements.

Q: What are the requirements?
A: Here are the requirements as follows:

- Locate Swamp Camp, Twin peaks, and Nea's Place
- Learn about sweating
- Learn the basics of trade
- Pass the OPE ( Opalo Program Exam )
- Achieve between 10 - 20 agility upon time of testing\
- Ability to access tutorials on EF!

Q: What is on the test?
A: Top 30 OPE Questions

Q: You mentioned a reward, what is it?!
A: Upon graduation you will have the advantages of the knowledge, helping you prepare for the true frontier of calypso, its inhabitants and other colonist you will encounter. In addition you will receive a new opalo rifle for your defense, as a reminder of your completion of this program.

Q: How do I let you know I am ready to take the test?
A: Just send me a forum pm. All exams are currently held on sundays.

Q: How do I start
A: Post your in world avatar name, and date you started in order to register.

Last edited:
For the Educator

Welcome to the Opalo Program!

This program is designed to be a supplemental course to advance the knowledge of new colonist.

Q: How does it work?
A: New colonist must graduate, upon graduation they are awarded a new opalo for their hard work.

Q: What are the requirements for graduation?
A: Discovery of Swamp Camp, Twin Peaks, & Nea's Place, Passing score on a 10 question live exam, 10 - 20 agility, understanding of sweating, basics in trade, and ability to locate tutorial guides on EF forums.

Q: Who supplies the Opalo's?
A: I personally supply all the Opalos, they are subject to availability.

Q: What determines the availability?
A: I will be offering a decay only fapping service, 50% of all tips I earn above the cost of the fap job will be used to purchase opalos for the graduates out of my pocket. ( sometimes I may buy opalo's with my trade profit ).

Q: What is on the 10 question test?
A: I am currently hoping experienced players who will read this thread will post questions and the answers to essential things they feel new players need to know, that they cannot learn through the Calypso Gateway.

I am looking for the top 30 questions so I may switch up the test from time to time.

Q: What faps can do I use for the jobs, to earn the tips?
A: I am currently maxed on the vivo t1, and am in sib with my Adj UL Sk20, I will have it maxed in 3 more paramedic lvls. You will only pay decay of fap ( no MU fees ), and any tips you wish to contribute.

Last edited:
Top 30 OPE Questions

Answers to these questions can be found on Entropia Forum or Entropedia.info

1. What is the difference between L & UL Items?
2. What does TT stand for?
3. What does MU stand for?
4. What is item decay?
5. What is SIB? What are its advantages?
6. Where can you buy a starter weapon?
7. What is the purpose of armor plating?
8. How can you set hot keys?
9. What is a Society?
10. How do you heal yourself?
11. What is pvp?
12. What does pressing T do?
13. What is a global?
14. What is a Land Area?
15. Sweat and force nexus refine into?
16. What does each of these colours on a radar indicate? ( orange, green, red, blue, dark blue, white )
17. What does DPS stand for?
18. How can you check what type of ammo is require for your weapon?
19. What does TP stand for?
20. How can you check your current skills & attributes.
21. How do you speak in other chat channels?
22. What should you always do before confirming a trade?
23. How can you check your map?
24. What is an auction order?
25. If you allow a new friend to borrow an item, what should they give you?
26. What is a mob in eu?
27. What is mob aggro, do different mobs have different ranges?
28. What is decay, when does is mostly occur?
29. How can you change your avatar name display?
30. Pressing the hot key Y opens which window?
31. How do weapon amps work?
32. What is the primary differences between the Jester D1 & Opalo?

Last edited:
List of Contributors

1. The Lousy One
2. The TheVoid Void
3. Jarn
4. Mike Jynx Doe
5. Salix Sol Maximus
6. Andrew Chaz Chadwick
7. Manny Hogfather Calavera
8. Naomi Concubine Scott
9. Chris Chopper Chopster

Last edited:
The Opalo Program Graduates

Last edited:
This sounds really really great! If you need any help with educators, I'd be glad to offer my time. I love helping new players out and watching them grow into full-fledged Entropians. :)

Great program again whitey ;)

If ye need help let me know :cool:

Of course guys! Just help me with the questions as I want them to be the ones that experienced players feel are the most important, that they can't learn @ Calypso Gateway or easily on their own.

Btw noticed the thread is rated 1.5/5 if something is wrong or if you have ideas how to improve let me know I am more than happy to help and consider their implementation.

I realize I joined entropia a little over 2 months ago, so I don't know everything about anything, but I don't feel like every spot to help someone is filled, and have been able to make some positive effect with help from and by helping those that are helping.

Great post and a great idea Dot. If MA won't give us back the Mentor program let's do it ourselves :yay:

Cheers

Great post and a great idea Dot. If MA won't give us back the Mentor program let's do it ourselves :yay:

Cheers

Thank you and they will, it just isn't clear when that will be, and would like to start the ball rolling on something that could potentially help even after it is back.

One thing that would have been nice to know in the beginning is:

What is the TT value of 1 unit of natural stones/fruits/dung/sweat?

Of course, the answer is 0.00001 PED. :)

So some opalo's are available now just need to develop the 30 questions so I can make a mix random 10 question OPE ( exam ).

Thank you everyone who has started contributions all ready.

I will think about the questions..

In meantime i will donate one brand new Solomate Opallo :D

I will PM you here in the evening to pass it to ya :)

I will think about the questions..

In meantime i will donate one brand new Solomate Opallo :D

I will PM you here in the evening to pass it to ya :)

thank you very much pw3cka

Starting to build a stack of opalos. Really looking for more questions and answers we can put on the test.

How about:

What is the maximum extra damage an amp can provide for the Opalo?

15 out of the 30 questions have been completed for the OPE. Void will soon be recruiting newcomers for the first wave of the program.

crap wrong thread.. doh.. lol

first exams will take place this sunday.

What about some everyday questions like:

1. What do all the different coloured dots on the radar signify?
2. What does the big green dot at bottom of radar mean?

Looks good TWD, +rep :)

A possible question (Although maybe too advanced)
What is the basic idea of 'efficiency'?

I appreciate the feed back, donations and contributions given so far. The OPE exam has been written, the agility requirements to take the test will be revised to 10 - 20 agility.

I would also like to have a graduation ceremony @ the end of each month for graduates. I will probably donate the ped to pay dandy to open a worm hole up for us to twin peaks, so those @ twin can celebrate and congratulate each new batch of graduates for their hard work.

I am really happy where this is headed, and the progress being made. I feel this can be a great longterm project even after the mentor program is reinstated by MA/FPC.

Last edited:
I will probably donate the ped to pay dandy to open a worm hole up for us to twin peaks, so those @ twin can celebrate and congratulate each new batch of graduates for their hard work.

Would twins be the best target? IIRC one of the newcomer (free) missions is to reach twins, no? Also, with all the traders, cars and small annoying bots shooting bubbles at you...

What about an alternative while still good location: Atlas Haven. You could then not only show them how to climb up to the party-roof (even that it's a bit underused nowadays), but also take them on a small run to Fishface's (L) weapon museum!

Would twins be the best target? IIRC one of the newcomer (free) missions is to reach twins, no? Also, with all the traders, cars and small annoying bots shooting bubbles at you...

What about an alternative while still good location: Atlas Haven. You could then not only show them how to climb up to the party-roof (even that it's a bit underused nowadays), but also take them on a small run to Fishface's (L) weapon museum!

Actually you are right tamlin. Good point, plus they allready have twin so kinda a waste of a wormhole. A field trip to the atlas haven (L) weapon museum would be great.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated.

Suggested Question

- why is the Jester D1 a very bad weapon to use, and should never be bought?

[Note that I think it has been shown that the D1 is more efficient than the Opalo for a very short time, provided the Avatar has no skills, and that the D1 has no markup. It is rapidly overtaken by the Opalo of course.]

Suggested Question

- why is the Jester D1 a very bad weapon to use, and should never be bought?

[Note that I think it has been shown that the D1 is more efficient than the Opalo for a very short time, provided the Avatar has no skills, and that the D1 has no markup. It is rapidly overtaken by the Opalo of course.]

Thanks chevrons, I modified question #5. to help suggest this.

5. What is SIB? What are its advantages?

This should help better than suggesting a single weapon.

hey Dot

You need to change one of this questions:
19. What does TP stand for?
22. What does TP stand for?

Back