P2P trade mistakes

Az Bloodz

Elite
Society
kAoS
Az Lammbock Bloodz
In order to not hijack ranpha's thread anymore I'll just open up a new topic. A few ideas have been posted but they ain't sounding too promising.

A third, fourth, fifth, confirming window
A locking item for trade feature
MA helping out on this

I just can't see any of these reducing the mistakes/helping out here. Another pop up would be clicked away just as we do now so making the process of trading even more troublesome and probably having people paying even less attention than before. Things will get even worse.
An item trade lock is a slightly better idea but I have a strong feeling that some people will forget locking their item. Of course some can argue it's their fault for not doing so but it's also their fault not paying attention before confirming twice. I bet everyone agrees on MA can't sort such things out as they stated many times before. They do not know about all agreements and it's a bit much checking all logs for everyone complaining.

So what is MA to do? Implement a 10 seconds timer before confirming the second time? Would sure help a lot but I don't like slowed down trades. May sound silly but I usually swap some items for a few weeks and friends are picking these up while I am hunting. Every additional second is bothering me. Also I do not like the feeling having someone watching over me. I am 22 years old and responsible for my own actions. I do not need MA to babysit me and I definately do not want them to do so.
We just needs to pay more attention. I don't get this 'show me the fap for decay' thing anyways since

1) we do have scanners
2) no one knows the condition of the fap(s) before the hunt

There's much trust involved already why not expand this? If a hunter does not trust a fapper just check the logs. You see how many times you get healed and it's easy to run a tool counting the word 'healed'.

So all fappers just alter your terms of service.

An item trade lock is a slightly better idea but I have a strong feeling that some people will forget locking their item.
Even if it doesn't reduce the risk to 0%, it helps cases like a crafter crafts tons of weapons amps as skilling and then accidently TTs his expensive weapon amp together with the TT food batches.

If the lock also is applied to texturing/coloring, it helps someone who's skilling on coloring/texturing from bleaching away an expensive texture/color, which I'm sure will happen sooner or later because of lag.

1) we do have scanners
2) no one knows the condition of the fap(s) before the hunt

It's just pretty recently you were able to (again) see the equipped item in scanner. For a long time you weren't able to see it. And, some people are too lazy/"broke" to have a scanner.

Though, I agree with you. A scanner is nowdays the best way. Also, by showing and letting the other person scan you don't have to detach enhancers/amps you might have. And, a scanner is also a good item to have since it's a way to spot the most obivous scammers (ie zero days avatars with no skills).
And though a scanner has a relatively high TT (as compared to the use for an average player), maybe this can open up a market of second-hand low TT scanners (nowdays have to be traded in pvp trades though), or crafted level I scanners (yes they have slightly higher decay but not as bad as higher level ones - especially since the buyer probably won't use it for serious skilling).

Yet again, since scanners were "bugged" for a while, maybe the word should get out to professional fappers that they insist in not using trade window to show faps but that the customer will scan, and maybe lend out a low-TT scanner for this purpose if customer doesn't have a scanner of his own (decay will be less than say 5 PECs for 3 clicks).

I am also against scanners I am for more trusting on the hunters side or just using the chat logs to check up on someone if you are too concerned. No serious fapper would ruin his reputation and hence his entire service for a few PEC.

I am also against scanners I am for more trusting on the hunters side or just using the chat logs to check up on someone if you are too concerned. No serious fapper would ruin his reputation and hence his entire service for a few PEC.

Another good way is for the fapper to get payed by the hour. Just fap for an hour and see what decay u have and make that you hourly fee. Guess its more common to use this for bigger faps like imp/mod faps thou.

But i really dont see no reason to put the fap into the tradewindow to show decay. If the fapper have to trusts the hunter to pay after the hunt, the hunter should have the deacency to trust the fapper too.

one thing they could also doo i bet the want too make more money is too have something that you would drop in the item simalor to a amp but would only be for not selling your item or trading it

just think how many of them you would need for all your stuff

im probly going to get blasted for this

i think it would be easy to implement

one thing they could also doo i bet the want too make more money is too have something that you would drop in the item simalor to a amp but would only be for not selling your item or trading it

just think how many of them you would need for all your stuff

im probly going to get blasted for this

i think it would be easy to implement

It has been discussed many times.. The almighty Item Lock

Anyway also many times we came to conclusion = why?

The double message before you do something must be enough... I know everything happens ( i myself TTed my a105 on my birthday ) but what else.. They implement item lock and someone will forget to lock the item.. its classic..

Some people needs a lesson ( like me ) and some people are just concentrating when doing something..

It has been discussed many times.. The almighty Item Lock

MA has already implemented a permanent version of this - you can't get rid of your VSE. The only addition they would have to do, would be to add a user-toggled nodrop flag.

I personally would like such a flag, as sometimes the UI doesn't react when it should (i.e. drag-drop starting to drag the wrong item). This is something happening thousands of times/day in EU, I'm sure.

Sidenote: As a small, quick and easy improvement for the interface, MA could implement something like shift-click to move a clicked-at item to the other window open (be it repair, storage, tt, auction or whatever). It could help a lot with the drag-lag.

Oh, I almost forgot: why?
Simple. To many, EU is gambling. There's a well-documented connection between alcoholism, and other drug (ab)use, and gambling. As someone already mentioned in the other thread, playing while plastered is not unusual.
It should therefore be in MindArk's best interest to keep those people both drunk and playing (let's see a count of hands how many have deposited while buzzed - deposits they would not have done if sober), while giving them all possible means to protect themselves and their items.

Last edited:
Back