PlanetCalypsoForum.com Discussion Thread

Status
very happy, we will have finally an official forum (whatever this copy and past from EF). I just hope it will be not just a copy of EF, i mean the need of an official forum is to have a DIRECT contact and DISCUSSIONS with FPC people. If this don t happen i guess we will have just a tons of banned people overtime....

I would like to see our "supporters" post a little on the forum from time to time.. perhaps even the dev. teams... Would be fun to read what they are tinkering with... Ohh well.. here's hoping that EF dosent just become a "FPC skin" for EF.. but actually gives meaning to "official forum"...

I remember waaaay back when MA had their own forum.. loads of MA ppl would write on the forum... good ol' times..

FPC you have the power........ dont just buy this.. put a new skin on it and say "see we made a community forum for you".. A community forum takes dedication and time... :)

All day every day..

Should FPC have the desire to integrate ET more into the forum, let me know.. Im sure we can work something out...

That would be great!

In addition: I use the mobile template of EF all day long. I just LOVE it and I will cry if that possibility is ever lost. I hope to use PCF on my Nokia E72 in the future too! Please, please, please! I'm such a hopeless addict, can't help it!

I'm really looking forward to the new forum! Keep up the good work guys! :wtg:

should fpc have the desire to integrate et more into the forum, let me know.. Im sure we can work something out...

make.money.fast.

I have a question about the features...

What about Longivity and Activity. I think they are good to see how long someone has been around. If we are all transferred, will they be gone ?

I gues it makes sense that FPC have their own forum it should not be FPC though. There should be one big EU forum with sections for each planet. MA should be doing this.

I don't care since I only play FPC anyway...

Nice to see that finally someone makes some bucks out of this... I guess it's now profitable ;) Well done 711... enjoy the PED...

Oh noez !! I dunno why but I'm a sad panda now... Q.Q

Guess asking anything about money is out of the question? If not then:

1. How much was EF worth for FPC?

2. Since 711 will not become FPC employee, only webhoster/tech admin, what is that worth?

Kind rgds,

2. Since 711 will not become FPC employee, only webhoster/tech admin, what is that worth?

Kind rgds,

I guess 711 will only be involved with the data transfer to FPC, then he will be working on the cross planet forum (New EF).

Though I think PlanetCalypsoForum.com is waay to long, ugly and hard to spell --> entropiaforum has a nice flow to it, in my hands..

I don't think so. Everytime you post you grant the forum a non-exclusive licence to display what you just posted with no transfer of copyright. So I'd very much like to know how come my posts and images got sold. And no, the terms and conditions do not say anything about transfer of copyright, and copyright happens automaticly etc.

So this is both to 711 and FPC - please clarify what was sold / bought and the legal grounds for such. This applies to both copyrighted items and personal data.

Actually, the EntropiaForum Terms of Service Agreement does address these issues:

EF Terms of Service said:
For all Member Content you post, upload, share or otherwise make available to the Website, you grant the Administrators a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly display, modify, adapt, translate, archive, store, and create derivative works from such Member Content, in any form, format, or medium, of any kind now known or later developed.

make.money.fast.

Not entirely sure what that means....
But I can tell you several sites use the data from ET.. afaik none of those pay anything for using the data.....

:)

If you are implying that I should charge them money for my hours coding what will essentially be exclusive code for them if they want something new... Then who knows... Seeing as ET wasn't eligible for the "community recognition" perhaps I should charge for it.. lol...

711, sometimes I think you have all these things burned into your head for occasions such as this.

Or either you read the Terms as you go by. :D

Banned Accounts
Any members who were permanently banned on EntropiaForum.com may request possible reinstatement by using the Contact Us form after the launch of PlanetCalypsoForum.com. Requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis, taking into account the original circumstance of the ban.

I give Knuckles 3 days before he gets banned again.

Poor Bertha now she will no longer earn peds with posting MA/FPC like she did before.

I am looking forward to the new EF and PCF forums. Gl and work hard to make it work.

Greetings,

alius

LMAO.. make a poll...

- less than a day
- 1 day
- 2 days
- 3 days
- 4 days

No point in making it go further.. :)

Oer - good luck with all of this :)

Several members have contacted me regarding the transfer of private messages to PlanetCalypsoForum.

To address these concerns, I have added the following information to the opening post of this thread:

Private Messages
The actual database snapshot that will be transferred to PCForum will be taken immediately after EntropiaForum is put into maintenance mode tomorrow, Sept. 21, at 21:00 UTC. This means that members who would like to delete private messages (and thus not have them transferred to PCF) can do so up until the maintenance begins tomorrow.​

3 days? I'd guess 1.5 days, lol.

711, sometimes I think you have all these things burned into your head for occasions such as this.

Or either you read the Terms as you go by. :D

Or rather, I spent a total of about 30 hours working on the EntropiaForum ToS and Privacy Policy (including consultations with an attorney experienced in such issues). ;)

uh...
First Planet Company has been very pleased with both the development and community at EntropiaForum.com over the years. Accordingly, we felt it natural to harness the dedication and momentum of that community when deciding to launch PlanetCalypsoForum.com, and acquired EntropiaForum’s content and database. All of the existing content of EntropiaForum.com, including all member accounts, forum threads and posts, gallery images, blog posts and other data will be moved to the new PlanetCalypsoForum.com web site.

I thought one of the main rules about forums is that the members of the forums themselves sort of own the copyrights to their own posts?!? So, uh, is there gonna be payment to each member of the community?!?

Honestly, I don't care so much since I think this is a good move by MA, but I suspect some others might.

still curious why was necesary to move all info from EF.com to the new forum ... why not just start from zero ? affraid nobody will post interesting stuff , sometimes not positive things about game , because that may affect their gameplay ? ;)

I was curious about this also. Why not start from scratch seeing as the information here is about all the planets. I for one don't want to join a forum for each and every planet. I would rather join one forum that has different sections for each planet.

I heard that the chat room will be available when the forum goes down? So entropiaforum.com will only host the chat room after 21:00 tomorrow?

also, does this mean the growth fund no longer has any function since efd don't mean anything now?

also, does this mean the growth fund no longer has any function since efd don't mean anything now?

If I read correctly, the EFD System will be frozen & converted. so EFD Fun would have to change it's name slightly I think.

I heard that the chat room will be available when the forum goes down? So entropiaforum.com will only host the chat room after 21:00 tomorrow?

Indeed, as usual when EF is in maintenance mode, the EF Chatroom will be available.

Info added to opening post:

Chatroom
Once EF is put into maintenance mode for the transition over to PlanetCalypsoForum, members will be still be able to access the EF Chatroom by logging in with their EF username and password at the following URL: http://www.entropiadiscussion.com/

Irc is always available but I don't think I'm allowed to give out the address until after the transition. :rolleyes:

It's awesome that FPC is finally getting their own forum.

Cant agree more.. I actually think this will be a very good move for FPC.. There are PLENTY of interesting things that can be done with a dedicated forum. More integration with "the planet", other media (FB etc) is just the start. And with the possibly the inclusion of some player made tools and websites it can only be a positive for FPC. integrating some tools from wiki maybe, EntropiaTracker etc etc would be great.

I have a lot of ideas but no doubt all of which are already thought of so looking forward to the change.

that made me LOL and LOL

You're still going to be able to criticize FPC and other Entropia entities, don't you worry about that :) We're going to want to keep this as a community platform first and foremost, but having the official status will allows us to interact more freely with the community too. I'd really like this to be a win-win situation, for you and for us.

You are also of course free to discuss other planet partners. We're opening a subforum for Other Planets. It would be weird to disallow discussion of our neighbors! Just don't do direct advertising for another planet.

And as for activity when forum is down, there's always our newly opened facebook page for those of you who are on there, in addition to the chatroom 711 is hosting and of course, other community sites. :)

As for why we wanted EntropiaForum? We like EF, as I'm sure you've noticed! There's a huge amount of history and information gathered here for the years Calypso's been in service. Its a valuable resource that we're happy to obtain. :)

maybe with an official forum will be a better comunication between MA/FPC and Planet Calypso player base . on EF.com is against the rules to adress directly to MA/FPC .

I doubt you will be able to address MA (t)here. In other words, a decent amount of questions won't be answered as FPC doesn't cover the topic in question.

There are multiple redundant back-ups of the EF database. No data will be lost in the transition to PCForum.

The question is if all the data will be available. It doesn't quite help to backup everything and then supply just a portion of it.

Its cool how ppl don`t even bother to read the basic things like - EF/new calypso forum account isn`t related to your Entropia Universe account...

Uhh... it's 2010. Distributed database and alike aren't Science Fiction. Throwing both database in one bucket and linking the info together isn't that hard.

I have a question about the features...

What about Longivity and Activity. I think they are good to see how long someone has been around. If we are all transferred, will they be gone ?

Good point.

Irc is always available but I don't think I'm allowed to give out the address until after the transition. :rolleyes:

Ahh.. the good old irc days... Where is faustian and skyrider when you need them.. or Hyper to mod the channel.. as well as marco saying "loot pool is a function of the coffee in the MA coffee machine"......

:)

Status
Back