PlanetCalypsoForum.com Discussion Thread

Status
Which is probably why the old mods will still be there to help Hanne run the forum? :scratch2:

well , i understand very good 711 point of vieuw..

But i total to get the one of MA/FPC...

they are buying something they dont have any use , and that before they had for free...

Comunauty was only asking for more interaction with MA/FPC , and maybe an official place to discuss bug/problem...

We will lose the "free speech" of this forum , and we will not get any of the good side of official forum.
I am sorry but i dont bielive 1 secong that MA/FPC will now be more active in this forum...
IMHO MA/FPC just did waste big bunch of money.
Maybe i am wrong , but i doubt...

anyway , not my business or problem.

You're still going to be able to criticize FPC and other Entropia entities, don't you worry about that :) We're going to want to keep this as a community platform first and foremost, but having the official status will allows us to interact more freely with the community too. I'd really like this to be a win-win situation, for you and for us.*snip*

you and others in the office of FPC do understand that you will not be able to ignore those threads that show up with critical comments and thoughts any longer once becoming the official forum right? what im saying is i would expect at least an 80%+ response rate to negative threads, will FPC be able and willing to go this far to explain and please the community?

i think this could be one of the greatest moves in communicating between FPC and the players, my only worry is that FPC does not fully understand the time and resources they must provide to an official forum.

So who will start the next community forum when the "official" forum gets shut down again?

MA had a forum, EP's community forum took over when the MA forum shut down, then EF became a hit because of EP's even stricter rules, now EF is being bought and turned into an official forum... Up next - the official forum will be axed again and it will once again fall to the community to build a new one.

you and others in the office of FPC do understand that you will not be able to ignore those threads that show up with critical comments and thoughts any longer once becoming the official forum right? what im saying is i would expect at least an 80%+ response rate to negative threads, will FPC be able and willing to go this far to explain and please the community?

That is wishful thinking - look at any Blizzard forum. That company has thousands of new threads per day and largely ignores even thread that try to address serious issues.

I am getting questions about the EFD Shop Icons (those icons to the left...)

I don't know the answer, so I will post here and let the powers that be handle it. :D

The EFD Icons will indeed be transferred over to PCF. The Icon shop may take a day or two to be reopened.

The EFD icons stays :)

We are certainly not going to accidentally or intentionally lose any threads, information, charts or other resources during the move.

Bigger question I have -- Since FPC's been talking about creating a "world book" for Calypso for quite some time now, but never got anyone to do it for them freely, will they be using the tutorials section, etc. to create something like that with their marketing department, and MORE IMPORTANTLY -- will they give credit where credit is due (including possibly some royalty payments, etc.)??? Might just be a cheap way to claim the info in the database on the forum here as theirs so they won't have to pay writers for various reasons, artists for various reasons, etc. Not having put together many tutorials, I don't see much of a problem, but for others, such as Alice, etc. this could become a huge deal down the road...

No, we're not planning anything of the sort.

The forum isn't made for marketing purposes, its to maintain a good place for the community to hang out and talk about Planet Calypso.

Will I actually be presented with a TOS before I become a registered user of the new forum? Will I still be responsible for what I've written over time when the material is transferred and possible conflicting with a new TOS?

So who will start the next community forum when the "official" forum gets shut down again?

MA had a forum, EP's community forum took over when the MA forum shut down, then EF became a hit because of EP's even stricter rules, now EF is being bought and turned into an official forum... Up next - the official forum will be axed again and it will once again fall to the community to build a new one.

EF will still be around in the unlikely event that FPC decides to shut down PlanetCalypsoForum.

What becomes of EntropiaForum.com?
...EntropiaForum.com will be relaunched as an entirely new EU community focused on all of the current, planned and future Planet Partners within EntropiaUniverse.

However, everyone should be aware that the FPC team has big plans for PCF, and plans to put a large amount of time and resources into making it into a very exciting, informative and valuable resource for Planet Calypso participants.

about the private message:

it was not supposed that the forum owner has not the ability (or just the right) to read our PM????

It s not supposed to be the same with the new owner?????

You do realise this is happening whether you like/want it to or not.

Yes. Its not about what I like. Its also really not about whetever it happens or not. I also realise that once I do log on into the forums at the new location, I will have effectively legitimized the transfer of the content there. Something others might not. But as things stand, I trust FPC considerably more than the soon-to-be-ex-owner of the present forums.

Should FPC have the desire to integrate ET more into the forum, let me know.. Im sure we can work something out...

Why should MA/FPC buy their own data from you??

:scratch2:

Strictly speaking it was never the case that current admins couldn't read PMs. I really don't believe that 711 or other mods ever did, but the idea it is impossible is naive.

I really really appreciate an official Planet Calypso forum.

But I really really don't like EF to be bought and assimilated.

I think an independent community site dedicated to all planets is badly needed.

Fortunately entropiaplanets.com is in place.
(And by the way migrated to vb4 for some time already, with a huge portfolio of additional features like the wiki, classifieds, blogs, MissionTracker, TP Tracker, arcade, conquest game, EntropiaTimes Magazine, ... and a dedicated staff creating frontpage articles very frequently).

I would understand if FPC wants to make their own forum, but messing with EF is just.. wrong..

Its like goverment owns the biggest newspaper in the country, just not right.

Strictly speaking it was never the case that current admins couldn't read PMs. I really don't believe that 711 or other mods ever did, but the idea it is impossible is naive.

I think I have a relatively decent ingame and forum reputation as a straight shooter... I can tell you (and everyone) that I do not have the ability (or the desire) to read PMs. In fact, we get reported posts from within user groups... and guess what? I can't see in there nor can I moderate anything in there. There are many limits to what we mods can and can't do. I am only speaking from the MOD point of view... I can't speak about the ADMIN role.

It is up to Hanne and the FPC Team to determine what my role and abilities will be. I have not asked for any... believe me I have more than enough to do in my own world without asking for more ;)

Why should MA/FPC buy their own data from you??

:scratch2:

they are buying their own player allready ...

afterall if they make an official forum , and take care about it , it will be same full like EF in 2 month ...
If there was an official forum , wouldnt you create an account there ?
or like some other game , where you make acount to forum when you create your game account....

i only want to say 2 thimgs: first see it in action, then criticize (so many nostradamuses here), and gl fpc - good move)

P.s. Gief beacons asap!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

they are buying their own player allready ...

Not sure what you mean, if you talk about MA/FPC buying EF from a player, well, EF is not 100% based on data they can obtain directly from their own database...

i agree, for this i think all those problems about the private messages is a little bit overdue

Not sure what you mean, if you talk about MA/FPC buying EF from a player, well, EF is not 100% based on data they can obtain directly from their own database...

EF is allready their own customer... there is not much people on EF that does not play EU...
what they buy is the fact that their own user did register an account to a forum...
so why not make a forum from scratch , i am sure most player will register straight away...

If MA / FPC is so broke why are they all the sudden buying something they never gave a shit about. Second....why the post that it was already sold after the fact if it was something straight up. I would think they'd use it as decent PR but now I have to chalk it up as something aint right. and finally why is it being moved/ renamed from its exitance if the owner is selling it outright..no need to change homes just make changes from where it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
so why not make a forum from scratch , i am sure most player will register straight away...

Actually, buying EF data makes sense.

Imagine FPC announces its own forum, completely separate and nothing to do w/ EF, and EF continues as if nothing different occurred.

Which forum will be almost completely unused? The official forum. Why? Folks are lazy. We're used to EF. A lot of us use many threads here in our research. All our soc forums have links pointing here.

Buying the EF DB gives PCF a "jump start".

i read on a forum , about a meeting in twin peaks with a FPC official . this was happening in the beginning of september .
and some uncomfortable questions arise ... no answer from official . and when things got too stressful from him , like the new names of minerals from Rocktropia , have been made some subtile alusions about ban ingame or permament settlement on Calypso Gateway.

Wait, so a FPC official wouldnt answer questions about RockTropia and that is bad because? :scratch2: or am I missing something?

Your post isnt all that well-structured, sry... gets a bit confusing :dunno:

young man you are confused because you didn;t have the patience to read all the sentence and you stopped when the interesting things in sentence started. try to quote all the sentence and that is until period . what you are missing from your quote is the part i added in bold .
so in your opinion the official can't answer questions about Rocktropia because he is from FPC , but he can make threats about ban when subject is on the table .
capisci now ?

young man you are confused because you didn;t have the patience to read all the sentence and you stopped when the interesting things in sentence started. try to quote all the sentence and that is until period . what you are missing from your quote is the part i added in bold .
so in your opinion the official can't answer questions about Rocktropia because he is from FPC , but he can make threats about ban when subject is on the table .
capisci now ?

Nah, just if you explain it further like that :)

1) He can NOT answer RT questions because he is from FPC as those are different companies
2) Did he threaten someone with ban and why?

Hanne, maybe you can shut off neg-rep ability once the ball is in your court as official admin overlord of the forums. Never completely understood why people liked to negrep one another so much. If there should be a rep thing, just make it a positive one instead of a negative one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Imagine FPC announces its own forum, completely separate and nothing to do w/ EF, and EF continues as if nothing different occurred.

Which forum will be almost completely unused? The official forum. Why? Folks are lazy. We're used to EF. A lot of us use many threads here in our research. All our soc forums have links pointing here.

Still I dont understand _why_ FPC wants its own forum.

Only reason I can see is that they want to control whats being said. Aka censorship

Still I dont understand _why_ FPC wants its own forum.

Only reason I can see is that they want to control whats being said. Aka censorship

Because people have been going on and on about how they want them to and they want to seem more serious? :)

Or having a better, more official method of info distribution? :confused:

Please read my previous posts about how some rules are actually getting relaxed, not tightened.

The one that no mods take care , that MA dont give shit about , and where there is many promiss but nothing hapen ?

If there is an official forum it would be use , as long as there is official things write , official people that take care about it... if there is official poll about game , official discution with dev , and official blabla from designer , you can be sure , it will be full of EU player...

what forum had the most EU player ? those where marco go post...all the rest of feature , embiance , atmosphere call it what ever you like , never worked... there was always , most player where marco was speaking.

Create a MA forum , with info and all , with post from dev , and it will be full...
Buy a big fan forum , and dont take about it , and it will be empty quite fast.

You can not buy interest , you have to create it.

Status
Back