Calling Skam!

Maybe we will find out more with next weeks FPC patch, Hanne let us know it's on the way. :)

Yes, the statement is coming after the FPC relase next week, as some things tie into it. Originally today was the date for the FPC release but MA "hijacked" it, so we got pushed. =)

Originally today was the date for the FPC release but MA "hijacked" it, so we got pushed. =)

Gets our pitches and torches and walks to MA as a angry mob ;)

Can't wait for the statement.

So the FPC release does not contain taming I assume, as it is an MA stem.

We keep getting random things, but the old systems have been gone for a year already...

Yes, the statement is coming after the FPC relase next week, as some things tie into it. Originally today was the date for the FPC release but MA "hijacked" it, so we got pushed. =)

that's what i call communication! Thanks for letting us know and maybe next time you will update us with out the nagging ;)

:thumbup:

bump for more info.

So Marco when is it coming? As it is 2 weeks now.

Not forgotten about this - I am awaiting some confirmation from MA to include in the statement as I want to have a status update present concerning the old pre-VU10 systems.

Not forgotten about this - I am awaiting some confirmation from MA to include in the statement as I want to have a status update present concerning the old pre-VU10 systems.

Thank god that you still read the forum ;).

Well since we have to wait for MA I guess it will take another month.

achoo! *sniff* excuse me.

*hands tissues*

You might want to hand him the whole box as I don't think the answers are going to be happy ones!! ;) Although im hoping to be wrong :D

Hello Spawn ;)

Landgrab.. We'll we're thinking of it but it isn't in the planning phase at the moment. I've mentioned this before in a gateway blog. Landgrab is going to have to be reinvented -specially now with the addition of vehicles to PvP. Meaning that Landgrab isn't going to happen in the near future; but that doesn't mean its fallen off the chart.

Regarding the mentoring system. Marco did indeed ask for suggestions, but Marco is still on FPC. Mentoring is still in MindArk's hands. We'll gather good ideas (from you and from us), discuss them, come up with a system we think will function well and send it off to MindArk. FPC doesn't work on the systems directly ourselves though, so I don't have any more information to give on this point unfortunately. So far we haven't received any new ETA on the old systems so the old ETA of before the end of the year still stands.

Of course the Gateway (And our current remake of PA area) is our way of helping out the newcomer situation, but its not a direct result of missing the mentor system or any form of substitute. Good mentors are still a very valueable resource for newcomers, and we're still pushing to get our old systems back asap.

Regarding frustrations, things take time. I can't give you any insight on if things are difficult to code though, FPC doesn't do coding. :) I do know that some of the things on that list are at least in the planning phase to make better though.

:scratch2: Think the year ended didn't it? Or was that deadline for 2012 when the world ends?:laugh:

My name is Adam, Prince of Eternia and Im calling Skam :

Calling Skam with the Power of He Man remixed ! :D

Eeekk I prefer original version so far. Dude delet it !!! Its very bad to modifie the original he Man music.

@ Skam :

Is the beacons will be back with the whole spaceship stuff ?

I can't belive I read this entire post and am still playing this game!!!

:dunce:

There will come one after FPC's next release.

I also intend to publish a statement before the end of the month - giving my view on the current situation, some insights and a look into the future.

Just a quick heads-up on the FPC vs MA angle. One of FPC's primary objectives when created as a subsidiary to MindArk was to act as pioneers, as a "true" Planet Partner. MindArk is the supplier of the Entropia platform and the Entropia Universe, while FPC supplies an MMO Game called Planet Calypso. As pioneers FPC has learned a lot and have taught MA a lot, and vice versa. It was a sometimes painful direction change to go from "one company with a virtual universe" to "two companies; one Planet Partner, one Platform supplier". In the objective is the demand that FPC stays as "real" as possible - that means that we act as a planet partner would, meaning being isolated and as much as possible not having inside info on the goings-on in the MA dev teams.

The "FPC don't know, it is MA's responsibility" line is frustrating, confusing and, unfortunately, very real. We are not blaming MA, we just don't have the answers, and sometimes there are no answers to get. Once the old pre-VU10 systems are back I think some of the frustration will be solved automatically, as "MA has held up their part of the bargain" (although arriving later than expected). This also remove FPC from the crosshairs for MA related questions. Whether MA will get a community rep or not, I see it as unlikely as MA as a company is moving very much into B2B (Business-to-Business). However, and I think I speak for all current and future planet partners, I also see a future where MA can release info on upcoming systems "fresh", without the bad blood associated the legacy pre-VU10-systems. And with that FPC can take a fuller resposibility of communication flow to-and-from the Community<->FPC<->MA. I think everyone would enjoy that scenario a whole lot better.

You should consider also your own responsability, unless you consider thats ok to "buy what MA provides" and serve it to costumers as is but taking you benefit anyhow not matter what you serve. Same for other "partners".

End results is costumers being feed up with indigestion by the choice of your menus. I really think MA & now FPC made bad choices and took wrong directions this last years. I guess time will confirm it.

Participants didn't ask all that, they expected content, quality and stability.

A lot more could be said but i'll let you meditate, as example, to hangars case: A item bought directly to MA, not the result of exchanges among participants, near two years after not being available while MA/FPC claim providing a RCE environment, or technically is a piece of cake , just a teleporter under a dif form.

If you change the rules of the game always and only at your advantage people may get tired of playing with you .

Havent managed to read all replies...

Anyhow former skam. Now hanne, Also being a former EU player and socmate and friend. I did have high hopes when you was hired as community manager.

I would lie to say i am not disapointed with how it turned out. in the end of the day its a job and your under bosses. But i was pretty sure you would be the rebel that would finaly take them hard in their ears and tell them that what they have been doing and still does, When it comes to communication. Is below standards...

If im not mistaken. Your office is close to mindark. So why not arrange a meeting with whoever is in charge, and speak for the userbase and yourself (because deep inside you know we are right ;-). It doesent matter if your hired under Mindark or a planet partner. Your still a team... Mindark and all planet partners share the same interrest, Making a great game & community.

As a Employee and a person. You should never be ashamed to speak of the truth. As a community manager your job is to bring the news to us. but it is also your job to confront your company and whatever partners that affects your community (mother company mindark for example), with suggestions and critism. in order to makes changes for the better.

To be honest i dont know if you already have done what i am saying, Because i got no idea what happens behind the scenes. Im just stating my opinion ;-)

Anyhow former skam. Now hanne, Also being a former EU player and socmate and friend. I did have high hopes when you was hired as community manager.

I would lie to say i am not disapointed with how it turned out. in the end of the day its a job and your under bosses. But i was pretty sure you would be the rebel that would finaly take them hard in their ears and tell them that what they have been doing and still does, When it comes to communication. Is below standards...

If im not mistaken. Your office is close to mindark. So why not arrange a meeting with whoever is in charge, and speak for the userbase and yourself (because deep inside you know we are right ;-). It doesent matter if your hired under Mindark or a planet partner. Your still a team... Mindark and all planet partners share the same interrest, Making a great game & community.

As a Employee and a person. You should never be ashamed to speak of the truth. As a community manager your job is to bring the news to us. but it is also your job to confront your company and whatever partners that affects your community (mother company mindark for example), with suggestions and critism. in order to makes changes for the better.

To be honest i dont know if you already have done what i am saying, Because i got no idea what happens behind the scenes. Im just stating my opinion ;-)

me like this post )

Maybe this is a little TOO silly, but would a boycott of some sort open their eyes a bit?

I would lie to say i am not disapointed with how it turned out... *continues to talk about the truth*

ty!

And to Spawn (I know it was 2010):
Landgrab ? Do we really need more deserted LAs right now ? -_-

Very good post right here :wise:

Back