New Controls and Hunting

Devil Doll

Stalker
Banned
Society
The Jaded Crown
King Buzz Buzzo
I have yet to do enough hunting with the new controls to figure out how I like the configuration the best. I am looking for input on what you guys think is the best configuration and strategy with the new controls.

Any advice? What has worked best for you? What do you think is the most efficient set-up?

Thanks for your input!

DD
:evilking:

I play the old fashioned way still :D

Just different hotkeys-settings for social, skilling and hunting.

Im using old style aswell. But tend to shoot more often with F-keys, or rightmouse button. The new rightmouse button is awesome btw, never waste an extra shot on a dead mob in the end, since it wont fire at other then alive mobs. :)

Yea i use the old style until the mobs run then i put the auto-follow/aim thing on and just wait until the shot is clear(like no mountain in the way) and fire. I miss less then.

I hunt the exact same as last VU... except with accidental fires when pushing a hotkey twice. *sigh*

same old buttons, but I shoot and fap with the hotkeys alot though.. for example if im in close combat and have to fap I just keep pressing F3 or F4 untill I have full hp ^^ and then F2 to shoot 1 shot then back to normal mouse clicking

But Prodiq, doesn't the right mouse button still fire in the air?
I hate it.

If they changed right button to safety lock on mobs, it's great.
What if your aim is not pointed at a dead mob, but just in a random direction without no target? Will it still fire? Cause I have huge problems with looting. I just put the gun away when I loot mobs.

I hunt old style and without mouse walking.

For shortcut keys:
F1: misc actions
F2: hunting weapons
F3: skilling weapons
F4: mining & tools
F5: dances
F6: negative emotes (angry, sad etc)
F7: neutral emotes (wave, good deal, point etc)
F8: positive emotes (laugh, giggle, blush etc)
F9: poses

Still need to learn to use those emotes more :)

Im still using the Old SKool Settings :cool:

maniac said:
But Prodiq, doesn't the right mouse button still fire in the air?
I hate it.

If they changed right button to safety lock on mobs, it's great.
What if your aim is not pointed at a dead mob, but just in a random direction without no target? Will it still fire? Cause I have huge problems with looting. I just put the gun away when I loot mobs.

No, the RMB now only fires if you have a mob targetbox aimed. And it doesn't fire unless the mob is alive. So its just like the LMB, but you cant shoot unless you aim at the mob hitbox, and you cant shoot dead things. :)

This is if all the the options is not marked in options btw, other configurations might work different.

I have checked everything off except move to object when interacting (or what it says). Good if your lazy and you want to run towards the tt or auctioneer or mob :)

Remembered one thing:

When mining, drag the status bar from each claim rod. Then you can easily run from rod to rod by double clicking the bar instead of having to search for them among heavy vegetation.

Essi said:
Remembered one thing:

When mining, drag the status bar from each claim rod. Then you can easily run from rod to rod by double clicking the bar instead of having to search for them among heavy vegetation.

Can that work the same way for hunting?

Thanks for all of the replies!

DD

Devil Doll said:
Can that work the same way for hunting?

Thanks for all of the replies!

DD

It works for everything within radar-range (unsure of range though).

edit:
Devil Doll said:
~ Thanks for all of the replies! ~
In this forum you don't say thanks, you click the add reputation button instead ;)

Last edited:
Best advice ever is "Turn The S**t Off"

HF+GL

;)

Zee said:
Best advice ever is "Turn The S**t Off"

HF+GL

;)

lol, that what I have been doing :)

Wow, this really simplifies matters. But it also takes something away from the feel of the game. Once you can have an option of auto-navigating to every object, you don't do things manual way anymore. It... spoils you, taking away the ... animousity.

maniac said:
Wow, this really simplifies matters. But it also takes something away from the feel of the game. Once you can have an option of auto-navigating to every object, you don't do things manual way anymore. It... spoils you, taking away the ... animousity.

When mining I have chat box at maximum size and half of the screen filled with PM... autonavigation is just convenience. :)

I've always loved PE for it's simplicity (MB add a spell checker to this thing).
I like alot of the new stuff but the controls are becoming to complicated.
After spending 2 years tanking mobs you become accustome to your playing style. And the reload thing is anoying and slows me down. You know how damn hard it is trying to do fastkey switch when you use Mod Merc? (probably not) but it's damn hard now cause the gun shoots so damn fast.

I got a Neocron account and after an hour I couldn't figure the damn thing out so I just gave up. To complicated, so I gave the account to Skyrider.

PPl keep saying you can switch it back to the old way and I've tried that, still don't seem like the old way to me.
Maybe I'm not doing something right?

faust mine is setup as pre-7.0 as i could make it.. its pretty functional..

just make sure in your options screen the ONLY thing with a checkmark is 'RMB does something blah blah blah' .. then its pretty much the same..

no you still cant change weapon while its reloading. ya pretty annoying

but otherwise everything is still 6.* for me. =)

Gah- I miss the queue for changing weapons while reloading :( Otherwise, I play pretty much the same as b4

Svetlana said:
Gah- I miss the queue for changing weapons while reloading :( Otherwise, I play pretty much the same as b4

Yes, i miss that one too, i get hit alot more now.

Essi said:
Remembered one thing:

essi you're a genius. im going to start creating status boxes for all my rods. :tongue2:

*$@!($@!

Dash Smashing said:
faust mine is setup as pre-7.0 as i could make it.. its pretty functional..

just make sure in your options screen the ONLY thing with a checkmark is 'RMB does something blah blah blah' .. then its pretty much the same..

no you still cant change weapon while its reloading. ya pretty annoying

but otherwise everything is still 6.* for me. =)

I'll try it that dude thanks :)

How do u get F1 to not fire?

Faustian said:
I've always loved PE for it's simplicity (MB add a spell checker to this thing).
I like alot of the new stuff but the controls are becoming to complicated.
After spending 2 years tanking mobs you become accustome to your playing style. And the reload thing is anoying and slows me down. You know how damn hard it is trying to do fastkey switch when you use Mod Merc? (probably not) but it's damn hard now cause the gun shoots so damn fast.

I got a Neocron account and after an hour I couldn't figure the damn thing out so I just gave up. To complicated, so I gave the account to Skyrider.

PPl keep saying you can switch it back to the old way and I've tried that, still don't seem like the old way to me.
Maybe I'm not doing something right?

I agree totally Faust.. System as is with new GUI aso i actually like alot, so np there... But hunting is SLOW AS HELL now for me compared to before=not fun anymore. Have taken only logical consequence and stopped hunting :( Btw an hour after vu 7.0 was implemented Marco stated that fastkeyqeue not being there was gonna be fixed (i.e. a bug) hope so...

ZarathustrA said:
I hunt the exact same as last VU... except with accidental fires when pushing a hotkey twice. *sigh*

Oh man :rolleyes:
I know what ya mean lol... man have i wasted amo on that one :laugh:

Optima said:
I agree totally Faust.. System as is with new GUI aso i actually like alot, so np there... But hunting is SLOW AS HELL now for me compared to before=not fun anymore. Have taken only logical consequence and stopped hunting :( Btw an hour after vu 7.0 was implemented Marco stated that fastkeyqeue not being there was gonna be fixed (i.e. a bug) hope so...

Oh nice to hear that Marco mentioned the queue as a problem... I just thought MA had changed it permanently... will be nice once that's back to the old way ;)

Back