Forum Transition: Status Update

Site Admin
Admin
Thank you for your patience during the transition from EntropiaForum to PlanetCalypsoForum.

Relocating a site as large as EF to a new domain is quite a challenge, and must be handled carefully to ensure that no data is lost along the way. Before the database and content could be moved however, the forum software (vBulletin) underwent a significant upgrade to the latest version, which is a major rebuild of the core engine and enables many new social networking and integration features, many of which will be configured and enabled on PCF in the coming days.

A large portion of the last 16 hours was spent completing that software upgrade, and working to restore the dozens of additional functionality that was in place on EntropiaForum before the upgrade. While not all of those extra features are yet fully operational, my goal was to minimize the forum downtime as much as possible.

Most of the core forum features made the transition just fine: forums, blogs, profiles, calendar, etc.

Here is a quick summary of the status of the main forum compenents:

• Member/Staff Blogs - Completed
  • Member Avatars/Profile/Signature images - Completed
  • Image Gallery - Completed
  • Member Image Albums - Completed
  • Social Groups - Completed
  • Search Engine-friendly XML Sitemap - Completed
  • Events Calendar - Completed
  • RSS Robot news aggregator (Bertha Bot) - Completed
  • Private Society Forums - Completed
  • Fame/Gratz System - Completed
  • Member Advertisements (EF Adspace) - Completed
  • Mobile-Friendly Template - Completed
  • Calypso Time in Footer - Completed
  • Forum Spy - Completed
  • Integrated Chatroom - Completed
  • Extended Reputation Display - Completed
  • Forum Dollar System (EFD) - Completed
  • FPC/MindArk Search Shotcut- Completed
  • Photo Popup Shortcut - Completed
  • CFD Shop (Username/title customizations) - Completed
  • Icon Shop (Entropia-related icons) - Completed
  • Activity/Longevity -In Progress

Many of these items will be completed by tomorrow, and others which require more attention should be completed by the end of the week.

Note that even though some of the systems mentioned above are not yet operational, all forum data has made the transition to PCF intact. So, for example, all members' EFD balances and purchased icons are still safe in the database, ready to be reimplemented once those systems are brought back online.

It should also be mentioned that the front page portal has only been configured with basic layout options so far. More widgets and information will be added there as we move forward.

Please report any bugs, typos, oversights, malfunctions or unexpected site behavior in this thread, and I will do my best to get everything back in tip top shape as quickly as possible.

Thanks again for your patience, and I hope you enjoy the new PlanetCalypsoForum!

Last edited:
Wow, seems I got home just in time! :)

Good luck with the rest of the transition.

:yay: oh wait... smileys don't work right it seems :( :wtg: :confused: and my sig is missing?

never mind all fixed Im happy now

Last edited:
Is the User Control Panel gone or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Nice to see this transition...
Noticed some strange behavior that from www.entropiaforum.com/forums you get relinked to www.planetcalypsoforum.comforums ... Notice the missing / inbetween com and forums!!! So perhaps a problem in dns or a link in the link itself?
I must say that I also need to adjust to the new schema and colours... :)

:yay: oh wait... smileys don't work right it seems :( :wtg: :confused: and my sig is missing?

Smilies are working (try a page refresh, as I just fixed some image paths).

The reason your signature image isn't working is because you are using an image from the forum gallery there, which is not yet operational, as noted in the opening post.

Is the User Control Panel gone or am I just looking in the wrong places?

If you check all the way at the top, next to "log out" it says "Settings", click that :)

Seems loads of old posts are lost when I click 'Find all posts' from my profile. Newest of my posts that appear in that search is from January. Also did a quick check for Oleg's posts; his last found apart from today was from May 22nd. We both surely posted since that... :)

If you check all the way at the top, next to "log out" it says "Settings", click that :)

Ah yes, thanks, it's set up quite differently to the old page but has what I need :)

I see no rep comments there, and the rep button is missing in posts, though I can see we have rep bars in our user info (lost my stars though :eek:) - I guess the rep system is something that should have been listed as 'In progress' in the first post?

Is a less busy background available for this forum?

Thanks in advance.

Opps.. change topic to "Is a less busy..."
AG

No more stars for you! :laugh:

for private forums, when you try to manage join requests, it doesnt display the username of who has requested.

Thank you for your patience during the transition from EntropiaForum to PlanetCalypsoForum.

Patience?! We were hardly patient :D

Good to see we're back online ;)

First of all, some icons are not displayed (add rep, report post, multi-quote) EDIT: visible now.

Second of all, I wonder if anyone can explain on thing to me.

EF was NOT about calypso. It was about in-game mechanics, blueprints, hofs, chats and first of all - PLAYERS.

So what are you actually trying to do renaming ENTROPIA forum to CALYPSO forum? Divide people to ones who play on Calypso from the others? :p How do we split talk about the game mechanics, hofs, events, blah blah blah? Most of them ARE COMMON to all planets: crafting system, materials, buy/sell threads, hunting, mining, tutorials for professions, skilling... well. everything.

So how much of this content is CALYPSO-related? I mean that are NOT related to other. Each planet should open their own forum on which they will all discuss the same, basic in-game topics? I'm not sure if there were like 2% of threads related ONLY to Calypso, so can anyone tell me - what's up with the name? :p

Looks to me, like a strange situation :) Imagine a butcher shop with few sellers working at a time and now they all want to open their own sausage-shop, beef-shop etc. What's the deal? If I wanna make a barbecue I'm sure I don't wanna go through all the shops JUST BECAUSE :)

If there was all I need in one place, why it should be divided? If it's not divided into parts, why it should name sausage/beef/chicken-shop instead of MEAT shop :) If you know what I mean... It's either strange and artificial partitioning OR confusing name :/ So what's it gonna be?

Last edited:
Links in threads pointing to other pages within the forum are linking to the old EF page. Example in this post:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...and-Schedule&p=2564131&viewfull=1#post2564131

Is it possible to run some kind of script to automatically change these links to the new PCF URL?

PS This means if you have links to threads in your sig you'll have to edit them :)

yup i agree, this is a major problem. There are around thousand of links to entropiaforum.com/............ a little tool that automatically redirect to planetcalypsoforum.com/....... would be more than appraciated.

I don't see the rep I have given out. And the text that is under your avi pic in Settings under "Edit avatar" is white and can't be seen, also the same under "edit profile picture"

Will it still be possible to have a mobile templet when using a cellphone? Right now the phone just goes to the normal templet :(

forum background and other images keep failing to load, same with one image in my sig

is there a customizable background for this forum? =D (not kidding)

REallllyyyyy slooowwwwww. I hope its because lots of stuff is going on in the background while migrating.

Links in threads pointing to other pages within the forum are linking to the old EF page. Example in this post:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...and-Schedule&p=2564131&viewfull=1#post2564131

Is it possible to run some kind of script to automatically change these links to the new PCF URL?

PS This means if you have links to threads in your sig you'll have to edit them :)

yup i agree, this is a major problem. There are around thousand of links to entropiaforum.com/............ a little tool that automatically redirect to planetcalypsoforum.com/....... would be more than appraciated.

The links embedded in posts will be addressed, so that the links point to the planetcalypsoforum.com domain rather than entropiaforum.com.

Ah yes, thanks, it's set up quite differently to the old page but has what I need :)

I see no rep comments there, and the rep button is missing in posts, though I can see we have rep bars in our user info (lost my stars though :eek:) - I guess the rep system is something that should have been listed as 'In progress' in the first post?

The rep button looks a bit different now: it is the small star button at the bottom-left of each post.

The links embedded in posts will be addressed, so that the links point to the planetcalypsoforum.com domain rather than entropiaforum.com.

Good stuff :)

Seems like you're doing a great job with this, thanks :)

the background is not working well and the rep star is invisable :(

Senior Members PM space

As a senior member, we were allotted 400 pms in our inboxes. With the change to the new forum, my inbox is now limited to 200 again and I cannot send or receive pms until I delete at least 100 pms. Can we have the old senior member pm limit increased again?

711 Question

Hi 711
Looking good so far, must have been a mammoth job! Well done.

My tiny question in the scheme of things is the very useful MA clock we had in EF at the bottom of the screen. It was always handy to check the MA time against my local time when planning trades etc.
Will the time and MA inworld time be added back to the forum?

Cheers
Bjorn

Back