PCF Rules Discussion Thread

Status
So it's only 1 rule that you think the community could do without? That rule in specific is usually a basic rule in all community's. You forgot to answer how the community would benefit without the rule you pointed out?

Anyhow, it's only a handfull of loud and colorful members on this board who disapprove of this rule. A handful of disappointed members who don't agree with the rules can't be the reference for how the community works. In the past 2 months I have only gotten 2 negative feedbacks on what I do, all the rest are positive feedback.
Everyone disapproves of this rule and many others, not everyone is willing to speak out about it.
Serika is sending threats already for example.

A handful of disappointed members who don't agree with the rules can't be the reference for how the community works. In the past 2 months I have only gotten 2 negative feedbacks on what I do, all the rest are positive feedback.

Some people are glad there are moderators on the board but don't like how 'moderation' is done. Expressing it would lead to breaching 2.14, thus why your dispaly of negative feedback is meaningless.

Anyway i never understood this rule

forum rules said:
5.1 - Auction Competition
If an item is listed in the Entropia Universe auction system, you are NOT permitted to post a sales thread for the same item on PlanetCalypsoForum. The purpose of the PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is to facilitate deals not easily accomplished using the existing mechanisms available within Entropia Universe. The PlanetCalypsoForum Trading section is NOT provided as a means to circumvent the fees associated with the Entropia Universe auction, nor to compete with the Entropia Universe auction in any way. Any post in violation of this provision may be deleted without notice.

How does it ain't a mean to circumvent auction fees ? The only way it shouldn't would be to be used as advertising of in game auctions. But that isn't permitted by the first line of the same rule. Could you remove the whole selling section to abide by the rules as both buying and selling can be easilly accomplished through in game auction ? It should be services advertising only.

If you are supporting biased moderation you should accept fucked suggestions.

Anyhow, it's only a handfull of loud and colorful members on this board who disapprove of this rule. A handful of disappointed members who don't agree with the rules can't be the reference for how the community works.

Evidence to the contrary gets consistently destroyed. Speaking for myself, with the annihilated efforts went a good number of +reps from the little time they had a chance. Not that I care whoring for these points, it just tells me something. It is not my habit nor do I have the desire of being "loud and colourful", but the boiling point has been reached a little while ago.

Having slept over last night's exchange, I can't care less what the powers that be will make of it. People don't change their ways just when somebody tells them to, even if they tell them there's a beton wall ahead. They have to hit their head on the wall and feel the pain themselves. Put this in your pipe and smoke it: You cannot maintain a role of power in any community without a sense of humour, and expect that people's respect for you will last. You can wield your authority and rid yourself of the nagging voices for as long as you get to push the buttons. Everything else is out of your hands.

Have a good day.

Everyone disapproves of this rule and many others, not everyone is willing to speak out about it.
Serika is sending threats already for example.

That "Everyone" is disappointed is not true, and you know that. You wouldn't believe how much positive feedback we have gotten on our moderation.

On a side note, from what I understand it is okay to discuss and question the rules and moderation in this specific thread, but not anywhere else on the forum. So my interpretation is that it is not forbidden to question the rules or moderation, as long as it is done in this thread in a constructive way.

Most often it is the post with "MODERATORZ SUCKZZZ LOLOL TROLLOL" which gets deleted. Speaking for myself, I would very much like constructive criticism on my work, so that I can become a better moderator. In fact, I invite you all to PM me with feedback on what I can do better.

Some people are glad there are moderators on the board but don't like how 'moderation' is done. Expressing it would lead to breaching 2.14, thus why your dispaly of negative feedback is meaningless.

Anyway i never understood this rule

How does it ain't a mean to circumvent auction fees ? The only way it shouldn't would be to be used as advertising of in game auctions. But that isn't permitted by the first line of the same rule. Could you remove the whole selling section to abide by the rules as both buying and selling can be easilly accomplished through in game auction ? It should be services advertising only.

If you are supporting biased moderation you should accept fucked suggestions.

I am just an apprentice moderator, I only enforce the directives that has been delegated to me. Having said that, I don't agree with all of the rules either. The rule you pointed out is a good example. BUT, having the privilege to be a member of this community, I am willing to follow the directives there are. It is not a right to be a member here, it is an exclusive privilege.

Most of the rules at PCF is a direct reflection of the actual game EULA and right in line with what MA's own rules are for the game, with few exceptions. Sadly, in-game enforcement of the actual game EULA leaves much to ask for.

Last edited:
Evidence to the contrary gets consistently destroyed. Speaking for myself, with the annihilated efforts went a good number of +reps from the little time they had a chance. Not that I care whoring for these points, it just tells me something. It is not my habit nor do I have the desire of being "loud and colourful", but the boiling point has been reached a little while ago.

Having slept over last night's exchange, I can't care less what the powers that be will make of it. People don't change their ways just when somebody tells them to, even if they tell them there's a beton wall ahead. They have to hit their head on the wall and feel the pain themselves. Put this in your pipe and smoke it: You cannot maintain a role of power in any community without a sense of humour, and expect that people's respect for you will last. You can wield your authority and rid yourself of the nagging voices for as long as you get to push the buttons. Everything else is out of your hands.

Have a good day.

Actually, the "evidence" is never destroyed. All deleted posts and threads is saved forever in a moderator section of this forum. Looking through that section gives us a very good and clear view of "the loud and colorful" members. How ever, I do agree with you, moderators need to have a sense of humor and be able to judge every case independently. Sadly, some members think that flaming and trolling is "good sense of humor".

Reactions: San
The absolute worst thing about the moderation here is that you act as judge and jury with no right to appeal or even question your decision. You are absolutely right in all circumstances even when you are wrong. In all my time on this forum, I cannot ever think of one situation where a moderator has revised his or her moderation and admitted

"do you know what I was probably wrong there"

The absolute worst thing about the moderation here is that you act as judge and jury with no right to appeal or even question your decision. You are absolutely right in all circumstances even when you are wrong. In all my time on this forum, I cannot ever think of one situation where a moderator has revised his or her moderation and admitted

"do you know what I was probably wrong there"

Actually, that happens every now and then. We have revised and reversed several moderations.

And admitted your mistake?

Not me personally no. I have only been a moderator for 2 months so far. I have yet to do my first mistake. It'll come, I am sure of it.

There have been multiple unmoderated forums for the game in the past.
None survived long.

I'm sorry but this statement just irks me..

I've also have been on many "UnModerated" boards and watched some of them go up in flames but not because they were unmodded but because of the owners ran out of money to run them. They did turn into snake pits at times but in the end I learned more about the issues and the people in the game than I ever saw here. I always viewed those boards as a crucible to allow the bullshit to burn off and see what Entropia really is and I was better informed about the good and the bad in Entropia.

There are actually some still out there that are lightly modded and, for the most part allow you to discuss whatever you like with a slant towards Entropia. They are great retreats from the constant selling threads here and the image that presents about this game and I find them quite informative at times.

I have no issue with Moderation or even how it's performed here. You all have an aim for what message this board is suppose to present to the world and you shape the discussions in that line. This is what the owner wishes I guess.

But please don't try to put up an image that it's required or the board will fail. That is just simply not true. :wise:

Reactions: ZPF
WTF - 48 rules. And we need to remember this is an MA forum. So far as I am aware 711 is only a moderator.

You seem to be massively misinformed, not only in your forum posts, but also in your private messages to me and overall forum attitude lately.

I would suggest you read A brief history of PlanetCalypsoForum.

MindArk only recently assumed ownership of PCF; the PCF forum rules were created years before that, and remain unchanged after the ownership change. In fact, MindArk has neither the desire nor the resources to actively administrate and moderate PCF, which is why administration and moderation are still handled by the same PCF staff as before, with me as forum administrator.

Actually, that happens every now and then. We have revised and reversed several moderations.

Looking forward to some restorations then.

Looking forward to some restorations then.

There's not any current wrongfully moderated posts or threads. But any future wrongfully moderated posts or threads will be discussed and advised among the staff and corrected if so is needed. As a junior moderator here, I am willing to bet that I am the one who is gonna do the mistake.

Much like in real life, there’re rules to protect and rules to control.

Often the rules to protect and control, are abused outside of their original intention.

Ultimately though all rules are a ‘guide’, life is not black and white, there will always be the grey.

Humanity set those rules, so it’s up to humanity again to challenge and improve and adjust those rules to match an ever evolving environment and culture.

I find it quite interesting when you’re in a private place (such as forum) where the rules are dictated by the owner, yet the place is not really private it’s public.

So in essence you’re contributing within a dictatorship where the rules are made for you, there’s no ‘voice’ of democracy just a simple choice of follow the rules or be punished if you don’t.

Funny isn’t it….it makes me smile.

You can attempt to be clever of course, and play on the boundaries of the rules to get your message across without actually breaking them. That can be quite fun at times.

Rick

There's not any current wrongfully moderated posts or threads.
So back to square one. I am now out of this thread.

As a junior moderator here, I am willing to bet that I am the one who is gonna do the mistake.
Nothing I said in this context was directed towards you. I wish you all the best. My complaints are logged, if someone wishes to review them, which of course they are not obliged to do.

Nothing I said in this context was directed towards you. I wish you all the best. My complaints are logged, if someone wishes to review them, which of course they are not obliged to do.

PM me any moderations you think was done wrong. I will bring them to the forum staff and get a 2nd opinion on them.

Smiling at the moment....so I'll add an analogy

A person opens his front door to his house, invites anyone from the public into his home, no questions asked.

You walk in and sit in the owners favourite chair, the owner moans..."get out of my chair".

you walk into another room...."get out of that room" you hear.

"You invited me in...you cry, but don't like what I do...why am I here?"

An open door is not always an invitation to do as you please. But that same door is open for you to leave whenever you like.

who knows, if the owner begins to like you, they might not mind you sitting in their chair every now and then (funny).

Rick

ps: Saw a sign the other day "SAVE TIME, See it my way"......LOL

Smiling at the moment....so I'll add an analogy

A person opens his front door to his house, invites anyone from the public into his home, no questions asked.

You walk in and sit in the owners favourite chair, the owner moans..."get out of my chair".

you walk into another room...."get out of that room" you hear.

"You invited me in...you cry, but don't like what I do...why am I here?"

An open door is not always an invitation to do as you please. But that same door is open for you to leave whenever you like.

who knows, if the owner begins to like you, they might not mind you sitting in their chair every now and then (funny).

Rick

ps: Saw a sign the other day "SAVE TIME, See it my way"......LOL

Technically, PCF is a members only community which you apply to be a member of, not invited to. Personally I see no difference between PCF or any other club/community where you need to follow a specific dress code, behave according to the club rules, or perform certain tasks required to be a member. But that is just my 2 cents.

Whatever you wrote that was moderated, must be massively important to the community. Otherwise why would you care?

I would love to know what is so important!

I have never once complained about my posts that have been moderated....cause usually i was acting like a child and provided absolutely nothing to the thread in question.

Rgds

Ace

seems to be so much anger in this game/forum at the moment.

should we prepare for a comming war?

1. Projekt Entropia
2. Entropia Universe

next up!

DESTRUCTED UNIVERSE

In the past 2 months I have only gotten 2 negative feedbacks on what I do, all the rest are positive feedback.

In the past 2 months, me, Taco, only had 1-2 neg reps too. Congrats on being equal to my dumb ass. YOU, elite, receive lots of good reps because you actually post stuff of value that is related to the game and have done very little modding so far.

Your quote is NOT a reflection of how we all love the modding that goes on here.

You wouldn't believe how much positive feedback we have gotten on our moderation.

You wont believe how much positive feedback I have gotten on my views, too. In fact, without seeing your numbers, I am willing to bet it is WAY more than you and serica combined. (And that is with 15-25% of what I have said deleted, and without all those deleted plus reps)

I only say this to show that using rep to determine ones acceptance is futile.

Last edited:
Even I get nearly entirely positive rep for my posts. It does not mean people like me.

In the past 2 months, me, Taco, only had 1-2 neg reps too. Congrats on being equal to my dumb ass. YOU, elite, receive lots of good reps because you actually post stuff of value that is related to the game and have done very little modding so far.

Your quote is NOT a reflection of how we all love the modding that goes on here.

You wont believe how much positive feedback I have gotten on my views, too. In fact, without seeing your numbers, I am willing to bet it is WAY more than you and serica combined. (And that is with 15-25% of what I have said deleted, and without all those deleted plus reps)

I only say this to show that using rep to determine ones acceptance is futile.

I wasn't really talking about the +/- rep feature. I meant real actual feedback and messages in regards to moderation. Not saying you are wrong in your opinion, I am only trying to establish my own opinion based on actual feedback. As long as the majority of the feedback we get is positive, I'd assume we are doing a good job. And with that, I am not saying we can't do it better. There's a lot of room for improvement.

You seem to be massively misinformed, not only in your forum posts, but also in your private messages to me and overall forum attitude lately.

I would suggest you read A brief history of PlanetCalypsoForum.

MindArk only recently assumed ownership of PCF; the PCF forum rules were created years before that, and remain unchanged after the ownership change. In fact, MindArk has neither the desire nor the resources to actively administrate and moderate PCF, which is why administration and moderation are still handled by the same PCF staff as before, with me as forum administrator.

Really. Have you read my posts. Massively misinformed that Wirlo profited when he should not have and should have given the money back or reversed the trade. How is that massively uninformed.

Massively uniformed when I consider some of your replies rude?

Massively uniformed that this is an MA forum? Where else am I massively uninformed?

Incidentally why is the forum showing as an asset on the balance sheet of MA?

Last edited:
You all have an aim for what message this board is suppose to present to the world
I'm sorry but this statement just irks me..

All this sounds very interesting. There's no facts, not a single example to back it up and not even a clear definition what that mysterious "message" is.
You know what, buddy, this is how demagogy works. Throw out some vague hints, never say anything definite... and it works like a charm for all the simple minds who never bother to look closely.

Now, to make this claim you have to know 2 things: 1st u have to know what the real thing is. In our case, you have to know what is EU and how it really works; 2nd u have to know what this made-up, false message is.
Are we on the same page so far? (With claims so vague u can never be sure...)

OK, assuming I'm on the right track, the next step would be - compare those 2 and then you can see the difference. If you can see the difference you can proceed to claim the image this board presents to the world is not what the real thing is.

Well, it's nice to finally meet someone who knows exactly what this game is and how it works!

Could you please enlighten us, o Wise One?
  1. What is EU?
  2. What is the false message this board tries to present? (or: what is the true message it tries to cover up?)
But ofc here we run into our 1st problem.
You can't give those answers! U would gladly do it, but u know - it's all classified!
As soon as u open your mouth and reveal the sacred truth to the blind misguided masses it get's deleted!

Looks like we back to square one.

The Wise Ones know the Truth, but their hands are tied. The Evil Mods are lurking around with only one goal - to kill the Truth as soon as the Enlightened One voices it. And so we, mere mortals are cursed to wander in the dark Catacombs of Lie forever. Whilst the Wise Ones hover on the higher plains of unrestricted wisdom and light of the un-moderated forums...

I'll be damned! :laugh:

Way too many off-topic posts and personal attacks.

I have created a new PCF Rules Discussion thread with much clearer guidelines, which will hopefully avoid similar problems in the future. Please use that new thread for discussion of specific forum rules.

:locked:

*EDIT*
Undeleted all of the recent off-topic posts, since the thread was ultimately locked.

Status
Back