Mark’s Apology to the Community

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I would like to start firstly by saying that this is not to bring up anything to do with Calypto. So I don’t want any more arguments because of this post, please. For those who don’t know who Calypto is, it does not matter and for those who do, please express your opinions of him elsewhere. I only mention his name because it’s unavoidable & I want to explain my side of certain events & to take the time to apologise to anyone I have angered, to show transparency, honesty & sincerity.

This is what I did. I basically agreed to PK some players in exchange for some dirty money for my deeds, which I did to earn some ped. I can tell you now that I’m really sorry for what I did. Almost right away I knew what I had done was wrong. I was hoping that with time people would forget the fiasco, but they have not until now and has come to the attention of my society. Certain people outside of my society have asked my leader, that TAO should kick me, this was before anything was said in the soc on account of this and that might very well happen this week; though they are taking time to make their minds up about it at the moment.

I am sure that ETA knows personally that I did not PK anyone on any ETA run, just the people that Calypto had named. I know that does not excuse what I did or make it ok, but that is just something I would never do because you know what I think of you guys. I really do miss not being allowed to be a part of ETA runs anymore. I hope you can someday manage to forgive me for being a complete ass & take me back. As well as accept my apology for any negative stigma ETA received. I’m sorry ETA.

Of course all of this happened well before any of the flaming wars broke out about Calypto, so I really did not know what I was walking into. It was only after doing the PK's for Calypto that I got to find out more about him and the back stories. Which sort of made me not take his side; though his actions were dubious I gave him a chance. What he did is not important & it is not up to me to say whether or not they were of good or bad intentions, as this thread is not about Calypto but about me, Mark Rufen Power.

What I should have done was to go back and say to Calypto, sorry I simply cannot do this, I know. But instead I acted out the PK’s and took screenshots as prove. Then I shared the peds with the people I PK’ed. This was all done with their full knowledge and consent that was how I managed to find and kill the same people multiple times. I thought I was being clever & thought it was all a bit of harmless fun, but I failed to realise or predict the larger implications of my selfish actions that were both really rash and made me look very bad to the community. So I apologise to the community, I am very sorry.

As to why this apology is so late forthcoming, I was basically scared to talk & be open about it in case Calypto found out and got mad at me & reposted the screenshots back on his site. Well I would now rather have Calypto be mad at me than all my friends mad at me, so I have got to face that. If Calypto also wants his peds back from my past deeds I have no problems in returning it, as I’m not a thief.

Lastly, I made certain comments about a radio station only to say that it had not been proved that they were guilty by the OP, which was my honest opinion. I cannot say that I'm sorry for expressing my honest opinion & trying to be fair. But upon some reflexion I can see how that might have been perceived by others. It looked like I was siding with Calypto given what I had done & that only made things worse for me, that was also unwise. In fact that was the worst thing I could have done, I should have just kept quiet during that time. But anyway this apology had to be posted & glad I got it off my chest.

I have apologised to ETA, the community, but I also need to apologise to my society (-TAO-). I really am sorry for all this and I hope that all my old friends can forgive me, as I have put them through a lot of unnecessary bother. I have learned my lesson and ever since that time I have been earning my peds the honest way, by sweating, trading etc. I have also done everything I can to help noobs, though I don’t say it publically I do buy sweat at 5peds per k. I have also recently started to be a sponsor of Hugh’s Lost Ticket Event and I mean to carry on this way. So thank you for hearing me out.

Hope you can accept my apologies; hope you believe my sincerity & hope we can move on now. Hopes to have reconciled some things & mostly I hope to see you in-game :)

With love from ~Mark~

You great big dumb wazzock.

I've seen you a lot at swamp camp and this is so out of character. What the hell got into you?

I am so glad i've never had the misfortune of befriending someone like you in eu. It makes me feel.....superior. Similar to when hovering my foot over an ant.

Entropia Universe is dynamic.

New profession: Hit-man :handgun:

Hold on... You got hired as a Hit-man?! *jealous*

NEXT!

Last edited:
big fuzz nothing ever happened:laugh:

hmmm... how to reply here, shock you were involved yes, shock of who your employer was... not really. Yet it is pvp zone so if you pk'ed people... do I care... nope. oh well.. shit happens. :dunno:

Did I tell you about that time I went to the grocery store and bought a chocolate bar, then I eat it.

interesting...???... Yes, I know :)

wow, finally owning up to been a paid hit man. :eek: Kind of a new profession in EU. Wish someone can hire me too. I need the peds. :D

The way I get it and I've had 2 wines.
You are remorseful for being easily lead and Pk ing some of your own for profit in cahoots.
You soon saw the error of disenfranchising your name with the society/others and had regrets,
and
Because you felt the silence ?
You are now reflecting upon your actions ?
and
Extending apologies to those you feel you have wronged ?

Good on you for manning up if this is the case:lolup:

Penalty

69 lashes at the pole in Twins:D

Correct me if I'm wrong FPC needs to install the pole:silly2:

ok. it is a game.... it is not real life... what you done is completely and utterly fine and you should not have to make a apology at all.

your soc mates ( if that is who you killed ) should be fine with it if it did not really effect them.

if they kick you from your soc, i think we should all disown them !

I am utterly jealous that you got hired as a hit man.. i wish i did :((

can you tell us what he paid you ? just so we know the going rate :)

you could set up a body guard service :)

Did I tell you about that time I went to the grocery store and bought a chocolate bar, then I eat it.

What kind of chocolate? How much did you pay? Where is this grocery store? What have Warrants to do with this?

Well the two ppl he killed repeatly after each other even when they asked to stop following, quit the game because of this. Because somebody thought it was cool to place bountys on newbies.

The apology is good but didnt we already discussed this months ago ?

Time to move on and time only will heal wounds.

Kimmi, that NEVER happened, you know it and so do we all!! :laugh: I would say pic or it never happened but i'm fairly sure if i said that you would recreate the scene and actually take a picture! :silly2:

ok. it is a game.... it is not real life... what you done is completely and utterly fine and you should not have to make a apology at all.

your soc mates ( if that is who you killed ) should be fine with it if it did not really effect them.

if they kick you from your soc, i think we should all disown them !

I am utterly jealous that you got hired as a hit man.. i wish i did :((

can you tell us what he paid you ? just so we know the going rate :)

you could set up a body guard service :)

He didn't kill soc mates, he killed 2 helpless noobs repeatedly.
He is sorry for the trouble he has caused these people (according to ranpha they quit because of it).

That is what he is apologising for.
What he has done caused (what we suspect to be a related incident) one of our noobs to be
killed on one of our own Teleport runs. He realises this, but what he has also done is affect the reputation
of the society negatively in peoples minds. Also him working for Calypto (separate topic) has rubbed some of
Calypto's reputation onto Mark and probably also -TAO-.

And disown us, seriously?
Please.

He is sorry for the trouble he has caused these people (according to ranpha they quit because of it).

That is what he is apologising for.
What he has done caused (what we suspect to be a related incident) one of our noobs to be
killed on one of our own Teleport runs. He realises this, but what he has also done is affect the reputation
of the society negatively in peoples minds. Also him working for Calypto (separate topic) has rubbed some of
Calypto's reputation onto Mark and probably also -TAO-.

And disown us, seriously?
Please.

There's actually a bit more to the whole story. Parts of it, Mark doesn't even know about. But those parts don't really need to be posted on a public forum. I will be happy to talk to you in-game if you would like, and go over the whole issue with you, to the best of my knowledge.

But as far as on the forum, I will say that ever since that issue happened, I have seen nothing but good from Mark, and that he has shown (in my eyes, anyhow) that this was an isolated incident. I don't believe it reflects negatively on your soc at all. To the contrary, the fact that you are looking into it right now shows otherwise.
I've seen Mark quite a bit in the swamp, and watched him interact with the new players there, and he has been very helpful to them. IMHO,he would be a good addition to any soc.

Anyhow, that's my two pecs.

I've laid off from posting up until now, some posts irrelevant, funny, weird, surprising & constructive, but have to point out that Faye is misinformed on this occasion. The noobs didn't quit because of what I did to them personally.

One of them is still ingame, logs in when he feels like & is most welcome to PM me anytime should he need anything. Though the other one does not anymore :(, he assured me before he left that it had nothing to do about that day. So quite the contrary, he left for another reason. The clue is in what faye said
Because somebody thought it was cool to place bountys on newbies.
but I won't comment any further to that point.

As to fish's comment;, thanks a lot fish, it means a lot truely :).

Last edited:
I've laid off from posting up until now, some posts irrelevant, funny, weird, surprising & constructive, but have to point out that Faye is misinformed on this occasion. The noobs didn't quit because of what I did to them personally.

One of them is still ingame, logs in when he feels like & is most welcome to PM me anytime should he need anything. Though the other one does not anymore :(, he assured me before he left that it had nothing to do about that day. So quite the contrary, he left for another reason though I won't comment any further to that point.

So to fish's comment, thanks a lot fish :)

Well thats good then that one still logs an happy to hear that. I chatted with both after the inicdent and both wherent pleased about the action. Thats what I only heard of the players themself.

But why bring up an old issue which happend 3-4 months ago and already talked about it ?

Like Fish said you seem like a good guy. I always thought that and never gave much thought of the whole case.

Well thats good then that one still logs an happy to hear that. I chatted with both after the inicdent and both wherent pleased about the action. Thats what I only heard of the players themself.

But why bring up an old issue which happend 3-4 months ago and already talked about it ?

Like Fish said you seem like a good guy. I always thought that and never gave much thought of the whole case.
I'm bringing it up because of what Tommy said.
What he has done caused (what we suspect to be a related incident) one of our noobs to be killed on one of our own Teleport runs. He realises this, but what he has also done is affect the reputation of the society negatively in peoples minds. Also him working for Calypto (separate topic) has rubbed some of Calypto's reputation onto Mark and probably also -TAO-.
Plus a few other reasons, I also remember Stave telling me to take steps to clearing my name which probably hadn't happened by just staying quiet. I'm sure ETA wasn't the only ones who saw the pictures either. I refer back to the quote above, I simply don't know what the extent of the damage I had done to others & myself. It was just the right thing "I" had to do Faye :). Hope that answers your question now.

Last edited:
I look at it this way mark.. and sure maybe other won't agree. You have done far more good, which out weighs getting tied up with some one in a one time deal on shady business.

I could elaborate, but there is no point, you are a good guy.. and if people still want to piss on you for an error in judgement.... its a shame for them.

If we were perfect, we would be billionares rl, and wouldn't even be in this game... so there ^^

WE think this is an interesting development. :laugh:

Apparently, I speak for my cat and myself in this matter, hence self-reference in the plural is allowed ;)

This little piggy cried... "weee weeee weeee, all the way home".

We are the borg resistance is futile
(don't make me have to think of other we quotes on a sunday hehe)

But, on a serious note. Even if the issue is old.. it does take a certain amount of balls to say hey, I did something that was lousy, and I feel bad, guilty etc over it.. and I'm sorry.

So thanks Mark :) like fish said, I've only seen you do nice things. So keep on that path, and you'll be fine. :)
WE think this is an interesting development. :laugh:

Apparently, I speak for my cat and myself in this matter, hence self-reference in the plural is allowed ;)

I have no real idea what this is about but you seem like you need a hug so ....

1. You PK'd in a PK area ... not guilty
2. You got paid for doing it in a RCE game ... not guilty
3. You split the money with the people you PK'd ... you chose to use your fee to compensate the victims ... not guilty

I think the only thing you are guilty of is lacking a decent set of what I'm slapping!

:D

Always had good talks when I was online (internet still not live). Just get on and enjoy. I'll forgive you but then I've not been in game for a long time and the soc has probably forgotten me by now.
:wave:
Hi guys I'll be back when the line goes live.

Sounds like you did a good thing by trying to scam the scammer so to speak when you split the profits with those you were killing over and over.

You seem like you are trying to do the right thing, which is cool. Now, your employer on the other hand...

I have no real idea what this is about but you seem like you need a hug so ....

1. You PK'd in a PK area ... not guilty
2. You got paid for doing it in a RCE game ... not guilty
3. You split the money with the people you PK'd ... you chose to use your fee to compensate the victims ... not guilty

I think the only thing you are guilty of is lacking a decent set of what I'm slapping!
:D

I disagree, Slapnuts

It's a little bit difficult to explain why this pissed people off w/o breaking forum rules, so just take my word for it, hmm?

But it really does take balls to face up to the people who were pissed off about it. Not to mention Kimmi and the George Carlin fanclub...no , hang on, I will mention 'em...

If this thread is so boring, why not just get the hell out of it, Kimmi. ** And if the guy did nothing wrong, why punish him by making him feel small? :handjob:

jay :)

*bold added to make it absolutely clear which part of Slapnuts' post i disagree with
**more bold to make it clear which poster really pisses me off

Last edited:
Always had good talks when I was online (internet still not live). Just get on and enjoy. I'll forgive you but then I've not been in game for a long time and the soc has probably forgotten me by now.
:wave:
Hi guys I'll be back when the line goes live.

Ofc, we haven't forgotten you, Paul :wave:
Good to see you're still alive and kicking :)
Now get on the Soc forum and add your vote! (if you haven't already)

jay :)

Back