Question: Mining Extravaganza Planned for OLA42

Mining Evenet at OLA42

• No different groups

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not like the concept of the event. Count me out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Divinity

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Divinity Deth Undefined
UPDATE == MINING FIESTA : REGISTRATION OPENED TODAY

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...vanced-Tiers-3000-peds-in-prizes-45-Day-Event

Dear Entropians,

In my previous poll, i have received a lot of feedback from the wonderful community we have here. So here is what i have planned for the month of October/November depending on when we can have some consensus.

1. Point System :

I presume all know about the Find Size expressed as I, II, .. X, XI.. etc.

Now what we do is set the base as X. So if u get a XI you get 1 point. A XII gets you two points and so on.

The winner at the end of the month is the person with the highest number of points. The first and second runners up are decided in points as well.

Optional : 2 or 3 categories of miners divided by skill level. Participant will be checked for skills before and after event.

2. Solis Tower : Solis, has been found within OLA42 and has been confirmed by many miners. The objective here is to get a solis tower and if there are more one found then the highest tower wins. Simple.

Update 1 : 28.09.2010 - More Options
--------------------------

1. Personally , i dont think that finder decides the claim size. It changes the depth and the MU found but not the size IMO. The thing that changes that is amps. So, what i propose is based on amp usage rather then the finder. Basically we can have 2 groups 0-14 and 15 above. Till 14 you cannot use the higher amps which is why i feel that is a fair level to make a classification.

2. We do not want to be counting too many claims and that is the reason i proposed X in my OP. Note , it becomes very tough for you to keep screenshot'ing while you mine. However what i suggest this for the Level I Miners it be V and level II miners we keep it as X

3. The classification of ores/enmatter.Based on my experience I would say adding 1 Lvl to enmatter claim size should even out the possibilities. Basically all IV's become V.. and V becomes equal to VI in ores. If someone with more experience can suggest any issue with this , please do so.

Feel free to discuss any changes to the present schematics you would like and any other aspect of the event that you would want me to consider.

TP should not be a concern for most miners , especially if the prize pool is significant ( you can always discuss the significant bit ) and as far as Naming is concerned, the size does not take that into account anyways.

I am also considering a participation fee to make the event reward larger then otherwise. How many would object to that?? That also will confirm how many actually want to participate. So please mention if you would participate if the event fee was like 5 ped for registration.

Attached you will find a poll. I would appreciate your responses.

Looking forward to the thoughts ,

Divinity

Last edited:
Base on skill lvl....(maybe base point there on lvl V)

No way low end miners like myself can compete w/ higher lvl.....
Perhaps seperate ore/enmatter on the lower enders as current PED wallet only really can support one type.

Tippin'

5 ped ticket is fair for us low enders imo....

I imagine the med lvl/ubers could afford more...:p

Tippin'

Base on skill lvl....(maybe base point there on lvl V)

No way low end miners like myself can compete w/ higher lvl.....
Perhaps seperate ore/enmatter on the lower enders as current PED wallet only really can support one type.

Tippin'

Thank you for the quick response. Yes, for low lvl it will perhaps be around V.

5 ped ticket is fair for us low enders imo....

I imagine the med lvl/ubers could afford more...:p

Tippin'

Thank You for the suggestion. Appreciate your insight

As a price there could be a "instant" buyout on the solis tower of 300% you getting all of the solis tower paying 300% for it.

As a price there could be a "instant" buyout on the solis tower of 300% you getting all of the solis tower paying 300% for it.

No problems with that if people are fine with a 200 ped (refundable) ticket :). What do u think? MU is currently 195% on the market. So MU of 300% on a 4k+ tower will be 5k+ in reward at least.

Last edited:
No problems with that if people are fine with a 200 ped (refundable) ticket :). What do u think? MU is currently 195% on the market. So MU of 300% on a 4k+ tower will be 5k+ in reward at least.

Well the idea was that the miner gets a fast deal on his Solis, nothaving to wait for best markup but you provide that service for him as part of reward too, Solis has for some time now been cycling between 190-250% so it should be more like 50-70% "loss" for you on that deal, but ofc there are no guaranteeø's for you on that, but so far history says so :)

I like the event idea and would be willing to pay 5 peds if there were different groups for skill levels. Maybe the lower level players could be separated into two groups (one for ore/one for enmats). I typically focus on one depending on my daily budgets/successes :)

Hi Deth bro,

May I give some suggestions here? As we know that most of the lower lvl miners will get mostly size II-III (enmatters)/III-IV(ores) claims. So, it would be awesome, if you can lower the claim size to...(Maybe, size III for enmatters, while size IV for ores?)

PS: It's only for those newbie miners, which are ranging from lvl 0 - lvl 20!

Also, you can classify the miners into these categories, which as:

1. Level 0 - Level 20 - Noob Miner
2. Level 21 - Level 40 - Intermediate Miner
3. Level 41 - Level 60 - Advanced Miner
4. Level 60+ - Professional Miner

Hope my 2 cents thoughts help you here, bro ;)

PS2: I will participate in this contest, if you really lower the size claim of enms/ores lol

I'm ok with the fee for the event. ~5ped is a good price I guess, I'd be ok with 10 or 15 as well, but I suppose that price may make some miners say "no".

Now points and claim size... not sure about this bit. I like X as basic one really. I mean we will all get less chances and less points. If we take V as base or even III it will be just more screens and more points by the end of the event.
I think it's a good idea to make one separation here:
* X or V as base for ore points
* III or V as base for enmatter points
Enmatter claim are generally smaller than ore claims (unless on CND or mining with high amps on enmat seeker only) so it makes sense I guess.

People here want to divide miners for enmatter and ore miners which I don't like, because I do both things. Would that mean I'd have to take part in only one chosen cathegory - ore OR enmat - or can I do both and add points from both kinds of resources? If you divide that let me know.
It makes little sense to divide imho. I'd set rules for ores and rules for enmatters and then just let people mine whatever they please.

I hope there is no rule regarding amps :)

Some alterations i propose

Morning Entropians,

Thank You for your awesome thoughts. I really appreciate all your input and here is what i propose. Feel free to discuss and suggest as per your understanding on the same

1. Personally , i dont think that finder decides the claim size. It changes the depth and the MU found but not the size IMO. The thing that changes that is amps. So, what i propose is based on amp usage rather then the finder. Basically we can have 2 groups 0-14 and 15 above. Till 14 you cannot use the higher amps which is why i feel that is a fair level to make a classification.

2. We do not want to be counting too many claims and that is the reason i proposed X in my OP. Note , it becomes very tough for you to keep screenshot'ing while you mine. However what i suggest this for the Level I Miners it be V and level II miners we keep it as X

3. The classification of ores/enmatter.Based on my experience I would say adding 1 Lvl to enmatter claim size should even out the possibilities. Basically all IV's become V.. and V becomes equal to VI in ores. If someone with more experience can suggest any issue with this , please do so.

Well the idea was that the miner gets a fast deal on his Solis, nothaving to wait for best markup but you provide that service for him as part of reward too, Solis has for some time now been cycling between 190-250% so it should be more like 50-70% "loss" for you on that deal, but ofc there are no guaranteeø's for you on that, but so far history says so :)

Hoj, Personally i would fix a ped award which will allow me to be sure of my expense. It would become impossible for me if someone ath's on solis :D. Deep red i would be ^^ .

I like the event idea and would be willing to pay 5 peds if there were different groups for skill levels. Maybe the lower level players could be separated into two groups (one for ore/one for enmats). I typically focus on one depending on my daily budgets/successes :)

BB, i have tried giving a simpler solution above. Please go through it and let me know your thoughts.

Hi Deth bro,

May I give some suggestions here? As we know that most of the lower lvl miners will get mostly size II-III (enmatters)/III-IV(ores) claims. So, it would be awesome, if you can lower the claim size to...(Maybe, size III for enmatters, while size IV for ores?)

PS: It's only for those newbie miners, which are ranging from lvl 0 - lvl 20!

Also, you can classify the miners into these categories, which as:

1. Level 0 - Level 20 - Noob Miner
2. Level 21 - Level 40 - Intermediate Miner
3. Level 41 - Level 60 - Advanced Miner
4. Level 60+ - Professional Miner

Hope my 2 cents thoughts help you here, bro ;)

PS2: I will participate in this contest, if you really lower the size claim of enms/ores lol

Thank You Onyar for posting. Please go through the above changes i propose. Let me know your thoughts on them. The level of profession does not really affect the claim size in my opinion. Feel free to discuss.

I'm ok with the fee for the event. ~5ped is a good price I guess, I'd be ok with 10 or 15 as well, but I suppose that price may make some miners say "no".

Now points and claim size... not sure about this bit. I like X as basic one really. I mean we will all get less chances and less points. If we take V as base or even III it will be just more screens and more points by the end of the event.
I think it's a good idea to make one separation here:
* X or V as base for ore points
* III or V as base for enmatter points
Enmatter claim are generally smaller than ore claims (unless on CND or mining with high amps on enmat seeker only) so it makes sense I guess.

People here want to divide miners for enmatter and ore miners which I don't like, because I do both things. Would that mean I'd have to take part in only one chosen cathegory - ore OR enmat - or can I do both and add points from both kinds of resources? If you divide that let me know.
It makes little sense to divide imho. I'd set rules for ores and rules for enmatters and then just let people mine whatever they please.

I hope there is no rule regarding amps :)

Thalion, the classification i propose is with regard to amps :) I feel amps should be the cornerstone of the classification as they directly decide the size of the claims. Please go through the above and let me know if you have a different opinion of course :)

Thank You Everyone,

Divinity

Any suggestion of dates would be great as well.

I think your suggestion is good now, deth. By the way, i'm going to give it a try at your LA now, wish me luck :wtg:

PS: Hope the bloody crash wont happen again, while im mining inside LA...

I think your suggestion is good now, deth. By the way, i'm going to give it a try at your LA now, wish me luck :wtg:

PS: Hope the bloody crash wont happen again, while im mining inside LA...

Thank You Onyar. I think the problem is that that with the update , the pc requirement has gone up. Run it on safe/low mode and you will do fine. No crashes. Also regarding mining, not sure this is a good time to do anything. From what i hear if the mob/ore respawn has been effected you could be in for a nasty surprise. So be careful and dont over extend the run.

I will pop in again in few days. A bit busy now RL, so merps have all the time they need to vanish. Will do both of us well - the merps and me :laugh:

Not sure about requirements, but I've heard many ppl suffer crashes atm. I suppose we will have few fixes done soon, as always after VUs. Problem is New Switz area has always been rather demanding when it comes to graphics, so if you're running on low or safe it can be a bit of a pain :(
I'm still able to run on medium, but haven't checked New Switz yesterday.

I will pop in again in few days. A bit busy now RL, so merps have all the time they need to vanish. Will do both of us well - the merps and me :laugh:

Not sure about requirements, but I've heard many ppl suffer crashes atm. I suppose we will have few fixes done soon, as always after VUs. Problem is New Switz area has always been rather demanding when it comes to graphics, so if you're running on low or safe it can be a bit of a pain :(
I'm still able to run on medium, but haven't checked New Switz yesterday.

Looking forward to your revisit Thalion :)

NS screws up my graphics and makes me crash as well . On safe, it is running perfectly at ola42 on my absolutely mediocre laptop. I am just getting dc'd in Twins mostly and when i use the teleporter.

Considering there are mob spawns out there on the ola , and some spawned in front of me, it is not as bad as it is on eudoria.

Back