!!save Noggin!!

Status

Ultima

Provider
Society
Elements
Princess Queen Lootius Ultima
Noggin said:
Yes, it currently is possible to get to CND via wormhole, but that's very soon to change. It's a bug (as I found out the hard way), and my account's currently locked, because I was one of the people using it. I've been subject to MA's very heavy-handed tactics for 'exploit' prevention.

I'm not ashamed to publicise the fact that my account's been locked, as I do not feel I did anything wrong here. My account has been locked for 7 days now because of this, and I still have had very little response from MA about it, nor an unlock to my account.

It was quite possible to transport around 30 people to CND via a wormhole, but only on the way up, not the way down (another side-effect of this bug).

I tried to be responsible with this transport to CND, never doing it for profit (and a number of completely free trips I might add), and only for friends, with co-operation of pilots for taking people back down. The vast majority of the people I wormholed up to CND couldn't afford a two way ticket, so to my mind it's mostly business the pilots wouldn't have got anyway.

Still, transport to CND leaves much to be desired, and my opinion is that the wormhole gave CND quite a few more visitors than it would normally. If they'd have allowed wormhole until CND properly got off the ground I think it would've given it a lot more trade than it currently gets. Still a very, very boring place to be IMHO.

anybody else think this is a crock of bleep? I thought a wh chip was meant to tp u or anyone else that wants to go through to someone on your fl.. i didnt read the fine print saying u couldnt tp someone to cnd or cp or risk being locked..

-and to the hangar owner that took screanie and complained about this. dont understand your reasoning.. i mean whats so bad with having 20+ noobs stuck in cnd looking for a ride down? :rolleyes:

Not a crock of bleep.....more like a crock of SHIT!!!! :mad:

Its one thing if they warned him or told him not to do it but.....

It costed him enuff to be able to use the chip so why the hell not!?

MudKicker said:
It costed him enuff to be able to use the chip so why the hell not!?

EXACTLY ... he can use the chip..

why is it an exploit if he brings people to CND? .. he can bring people anywhere else on eudoria/ameth..

locking him was a retarded move MA.. =P you have my support noggin.

LOL @ MA

They are such noobs. How can they block someone's account when its a bug in THEIR system that is the problem. They couldn't just expect Noggin not to use this to hs and his friends advantage UNLESS ma stated that it was a banable offense to wormhole someone to CND or CP WHICH IS DOESN'T!!!

Good work MA, lock Noggin for a little thing like this but let someone create a fake auktuma avatar, neverdie avatar and official pe monitor avatr and let them roam around PE for week.

Hope MA unlock it soon noggin so you can once again join the wonderful world of PE filled with REAL scammers who are allowed to be free.

I don't know if he got a warning or not, but... If not, how the hell was he supposed to know that it was a bug in the first place?!?

It's just not right.

[sign]MA!!
Free Noggin
[/sign]

:S
depends how many times he did it thoug, but yes warning should have been given..

that's unbeliavable..i don't know noggin personally,but i know is a famous guy between the calypsians,and he has my respect,now how much time MA took to lock his account?how can they have done this when there are a lot of scammers broking the EULA lots of times and not beeing lockeds... unbeliavable MA :mad:

Hm im sorry, but i dont see an exploit here. :confused:
Hold out Noggin, 7 Days are endureable even when i think thats too harsh punishment for something i had maybe done too when i had the chip and the skills! And Noggin was not the only who did it but to my suprise its an exploit ... i was not aware it is.

I think thats an overreaction :( Where is the human dencity they talked about as they not burned the autoclicker Witches who was of course the only fault of the messed LG

i dont know the full facts so i am offfering qualified support to Noggin pending more information :)

He gets my full support reqarding the severity of the punishment for what seems like a minor infringement. Especially when each night I see AC's (some high level players) abusing the system by skilling on scanners.

MA you have to be even handed in these things and transparent. :wise:

Free the PE 1

Last edited:
Dash Smashing said:
why is it an exploit if he brings people to CND? .. he can bring people anywhere else on eudoria/ameth..

Because he's not supposed to be able to. What about the hangar-owners who paied at least 10k PEDs to buy their hangars.

Thing is now we know it's a bug. I had no idea you could/couldn't before I read that thread. If MA wants to actually ban (not the same as just locking someone for a week) they have to clearly tell people what's a bug and what isn't.

Of course Noggin's got my support to, I used to be in nAn and I've got him on my FL... :dunce:

And I'm feel confident his lockout is only temporary, MA will probably let him in soon. I don't think there will be any excuse or very good explaination from their side, though - there never is :rolleyes:

Fiona Simmons said:
Where is the human dencity they talked about as they not burned the autoclicker Witches who was of course the only fault of the messed LG

Buried somewhere deep down, along side with all the other autoclicking-cases, bug exploiters, newbie-money-scammers and hit-an-npc-for-free-skills-skillers... :clap:

:confused: :eek: :scared: :loco:Marco whats going on here

A wormhole costs loads to use I see no exploit only a respected avatar using it to help people get to CND that cant afford two way trip and dont want to have to create a SECOND avatar just to see it.

so , if i understand well .
a fair player , use a chip normaly for him.
there is nothing that looks like a bug , but he get lock .

in other hand there godzillon people , traping spider ,cheating for coloring , exploiting trade bug , scaming noob at PA ,using bug pupugi , .......

and all those people are not locked...

and YOU WHANT I PLAY FAIR THAT GAME ?

NO WAY !!!!!!!

nice to see that MA encorage cheating and ban fair player :thumbup: way to go MA !

:eek:
wtf is the definition of bugs ? how can you tell whats a bug or not if noone tells you ... how do you know whats good or wrong ... if it works maybe it should ... we need to ask MA for everything if its normal to do so or not ?
Oh well they did a good EULA at least ... no bugs there ... they can do anything and that proved it

DAMN :( :(

<MS9 edited first few words, sorry Hon!>

WTF is happening here? Since its a bug - FIX IT MA - dont blame people using it. I havent seen any nude avatars being banned! Then ... should we ban MA for all the time they used their bug-axes/whips against us fx??

HANG ON THERE NOGGIN

Last edited by a moderator:
I just am cruious. Have all people using this "bug" been locked, or just Noggin? The bug has been around forever (like most bugs), so why punish for it NOW, and why Noggin?

That's like banning a single person using an autoclicker. Or like giving a few people compensation for the lag during LG. Wait a minute...

EULA SCHMEULA.

Tzest0s said:
:eek:
wtf is the definition of bugs ? how can you tell whats a bug or not if noone tells you ... how do you know whats good or wrong ... if it works maybe it should ... we need to ask MA for everything if its normal to do so or not ?
Oh well they did a good EULA at least ... no bugs there ... they can do anything and that proved it

BUG: Something that happens that is not financially beneficial to MA
See also: Exploit

New feature: Something in the program code that benefits MA financially. See also: Missed shots, rubberbanding, super-lag.

Tzest0s said:
wtf is the definition of bugs ?

bug :
what ever that cost money to MA , or make MA guet less money.

other things are feature , or things that wait a fix , but its not a bug , so you wont get lock .

Etopia said:
so , if i understand well .
a fair player , use a chip normaly for him.
there is nothing that looks like a bug , but he get lock .

nice to see that MA encorage cheating and ban fair player :thumbup: way to go MA !

Dec 2002
Marco|MindArk:The info flow is more limited about actual design matters, as we believe it is more fun to actually find stuff out by oneself.

I got a free trip a couple times myself.. which I paid for dearly in almost 1K PED losses combined... CND IS GHEY!

But locking noggins account is complete bull shit. and as far as the post above goes.. noggin didnt use it to his advantage.. he never gained anything from it.. he LOST ped doing it. MA gained decay. Punishing people for making them money now? lol...

< My rant > :girl:

I'm gonna be taking a hiatus from PE myself for quite some time.. MA really doesn't know what they're doing.. half the people on the forum could run the business better.. and they should thank their lucky stars they arent a US company.. they'd be bankrupt and in court for years.

FUMA! Sometimes you gotta piss off a few people to make the rest (the ones that MATTER) happy. You always claim you have no responsibility and accounts/everything are owned by you.. so get rid of the fucking scammers, implement the features already in the game.. fuck the stupid space resort and retarded (L) items and naming shit after people who are as much NOOB as more than half the player base. Upgrade your goddamn servers and software. Hire better programmers. Fix bugs before adding new things.. and even before creating anything - make a VOTE available to players for what THEY want in the game.. WE'RE THE ONES paying YOU. Give us what we frickin want! Fuck the million dollar profit. Put it back into the system until you have it working at least 90% correctly.. compared to the 50% it is now. Cut the paychecks of the dumbass lazy shit suit wearin pricks that do nothing but check out their assistants asses all day

Dare to be different MA.. DARE.

Throw the large profit out the window.
If all the bills and employees are paid.. where's the loss? Cover your costs and recycle the funds back into improvement... MA will then truly be something special and succeed through my lifetime. You're losing your client support and it's obvious enough just by refreshing EF once an hour. It's only a matter of time before a rock is HIT.. and you're going to hit hard. Addicts may take a lot of shit for quite awhile.. but people will only take so much abuse before they stand up. All it takes is ONE other game. I played ONE game for half a day.. and PE was in the back of my head. And i was a total PE freak. I lived PE.. EF was open virtually 24/7 on my computer.. and unless i was asleep.. i was logged ingame. I would have been willing to deposit 10s of thousands of $ in PE over the next few years... but considering that in my 5 months in game.. and 1800$ deposits.. and only seeing PE's economy go to shit and the players attitudes and ethics turn for the worst .. that's definitely not going to happen. Not unless there are drastic changes ingame.. which unless there is new management.. I don't see happening. One month in control and I could make more progress than you fools do in a year - and thats even WITHOUT changing game content.

You're new to the game MA.. players have been understanding.. but it's time you grow the f**k up.

NOOBS

NOOBS

Last edited:
MA have been giving me reasons to leave this game,if it wasn't the good friends i have made... Bye Bye MA :mad: Why they keep dissapointing us with all those shits?They have a great game, a great comunity and they keep screwing it up all the way... i'm just getting everyday more disapointed.. :(

Morg said:
Dec 2002
Marco|MindArk:The info flow is more limited about actual design matters, as we believe it is more fun to actually find stuff out by oneself.

I think he was refering to things such as range on mining tools and the decay on a scanner. Not what is a bug and what isn't.

Noggin said:
The vast majority of the people I wormholed up to CND couldn't afford a two way ticket, so to my mind it's mostly business the pilots wouldn't have got anyway

Hmmmmm, why teleport someone to CND if they cant afford 40 PED? What they gonna do when they are up there? If they can't afford a two way trip then they can't afford to hunt or mine or craft.

Although as I stated in my first eply it is BS that MA banned ya m8, hope to see you back once again.

p.s. its good to see that MA are skilled enough to catch a scammer like noggin *end sarcasm* (MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS MA CAN CATCH THE REAL SCAMMERS FFS!!!!) Man this game really does pee me off sometimes. Sorry everyone who is Swedish but my view on Sweden has gone down due to MA's n00bish behaviour!

according to the EULA, we are suppose to report bugs/exploits when we find them. since we have no idea what is suppose to be and what isn't, that's kind of hard to do without telepathy. some things that MA have classified as bugs I thought were how it was suppose to be. some things I thought were bugs I was told was intended. MA flips around alot, as well. some days something is one way and on other days it's another. consider how the focus charges worked, didn't, then did again.

a possible solution would be to ask support about everything. this would totally swamp them and MA might get the idea to publish a real "known issues" list and a list of things that will most certainly get you banned.

kira-red said:
a possible solution would be to ask support about everything. this would totally swamp them and MA might get the idea to publish a real "known issues" list and a list of things that will most certainly get you banned.

They'd claim someone DDOS'd support and award some ubers with free land to compensate for it :D

I believe MA is underestimating the consequenses by doing such a shitty thing towards a well known and respected player. NOT meaning that it wouldnt be just as shitty against a new player - but that would hardly have been noticed. :rolleyes: What a shame!

Michael "MJ" said:
Hmmmmm, why teleport someone to CND if they cant afford 40 PED? What they gonna do when they are up there? If they can't afford a two way trip then they can't afford to hunt or mine or craft.
Two way would be 40 PED, a one way is only 20 PED. And if they can spend 20ped on the ticket they probably have some more to spend, say 20ped, on ammo. You can have a lot of fun hunting small mobs for 20 ped of ammo. And I doubt Neverdie would kick you out of CND for only hunting the small mobs. :broke:

Michael "MJ" said:
Sorry everyone who is Swedish but my view on Sweden has gone down due to MA's n00bish behaviour!

Really, how come? Not like MA started a war here, they just locked an account on a computer game 'til further notice. Sort of an uncalled for comment there, from you. :rolleyes:

Michael "MJ" said:

Because they want a look at CND or visiting someone whos up there all days? Tons of Peds make someone a better customer but not a better human so judging someone after the ped card might not the best rating solution ;)

It's a bug as stated even if it wasnt a bug. if you're not sure you ask MA you don't keep doing it untill you find out the hard way.

he should have asked and its good that he is now locked for a period of time.
next time he is not sure of something he will send in a support case like most people do.

Status
Back