Rocktropia ore buyers needed!!!

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
We need ore and enmatter buyers on rocktropia,

there is none, and it seems a bit unfair we have 1 flea market every friday that just buys 50peds worth per person, a bit of a joke so TT is very popular up here, it is not fair really, everywhere else has buyers, why not rocktropia, please buyers come to rocktropia a.s.a.p

thanks

RJ Rob

ha ha they would have to offer some crappy prices to be able to cover the huge transportation fees. If you want some ore buyers there you should ask for crafters in the first place. However they have no reason to go there because there are no unique ROCK bps yet from what I know. Once ND manages to get them in it might be more interstning to go to ROCK. Just stay away from it till those are there if you want to sell things with MU.

??

nope m8, it doesnt work like that, buyers here builds up the economy and it helps bring more players here too, this rocktropia could be just like calypso if more buyers and traders were here, it is simple maths really....

and also, i think it sucks that we will get an influx of newplayers to rocktropia just cos the BP drops and i think that is a bit unfair when there is players here already who can not sell,

it is very nice here and i actually think it could takeover calypso if it could lol haha.. but just needs more people here there is miners here, i now have found the odd buyer here, but not constant buyers 24/7, we need to stimulate it now while BPs are not yet available, gets more interested in the planet is only a good thing...

RJ Rob

look for Narfi, he is at City of Dreams all the time and pays a very good Markup for the ores/enmatters.

Well, problem was when i was there i found like no ore in the auction to buy. :p

yeah

yeah i know abour narfi, but he gets low on peds, well thats why more people need to come, the more people come the more stuff in aucton an so on, it only gets better... it is how things grow, that is how it works, more demnd more people, more auction in this planet, less transportcoss and so on, think about it hehehehehe

i now have found the odd buyer here

I think I just got called Odd :p

There definitely needs to be more buyers here around the clock. The problem though is that it will take time for the full circle of economics do develop. I have been here about 2 weeks since my last trip to calypso and have only spent about 6kped on ores/enmatters, Axes, Shotguns & ESIs.

Because there is no local market for these goods a trader needs to have a very large bank roll and buy alot before going to calypso to sell it. There are a couple of problems with this though. The obvious is that most players and traders dont have the bankroll to cover the 80ped round trip from trading. The other less obvious is that markets change alot in a week or two, and I have to gamble on what I buy holding its value for 2-4weeks (my current turn around time)

My liquid assets are around 5kped which means that I loose 1.6% of every PED I spend trading on Rocktropia to transport fees. Tie this with a 2-4week turnover instead of a 1-2day turnover for cnd or probably twins (im not sure never traded much before) I can understand why there are not many traders on Rocktropia yet.

At the same time though, hunters and miners can't hunt or mine as much as they would otherwise since there is no one to sell to. There needs to be a complete circle and I am having fun helping out until that happens.

This is of course all based around how newer players and traders interact. A high level player can travel up and spend 10kped hunting or mining and then go back to calypso and the 80ped fee would be the same as hunting on an LA with less than 1% taxes.

narfi

the thing is, Rocktopia is supposed to be creating its own market of new players to build its economy instead of trying to draw established players from calypso. Doing the later weakens both economies.

another thing hurting the economy is so much the rock ores and enmatters dropping and no use for them. If a regular amount of regular resources dropped to use on the regular bp, that might help.

all the more reason to NOT let planets be separated by hangers/transportation fees. Hangers are a thing of the past each planet will not survive on it's own they have to work together for them to be 100% functional.

all the more reason to NOT let planets be separated by hangers/transportation fees. Hangers are a thing of the past each planet will not survive on it's own they have to work together for them to be 100% functional.

Not true. I would frequently move gear or materials or peds. I would buy things for people they saw in auction and deliver to them on CND. I would be transferring items or peds around 10k value or more, frequently working with traders who needed peds when they were running low on CND. Tipping me for the service was ally cheaper for them than travel or auction transfer fee. While not everyone would trust every pilot with their peds or equipment, it never was mentioned as people knew they didn't have to worry about a trust issue with me.

We will see what planet travel does to transport soon, I hope :p;)

Not true. I would frequently move gear or materials or peds. I would buy things for people they saw in auction and deliver to them on CND. I would be transferring items or peds around 10k value or more, frequently working with traders who needed peds when they were running low on CND. Tipping me for the service was ally cheaper for them than travel or auction transfer fee. While not everyone would trust every pilot with their peds or equipment, it never was mentioned as people knew they didn't have to worry about a trust issue with me.

We will see what planet travel does to transport soon, I hope :p;)

Yes, i hope that in the near future we will have space travel to a fair price. With a space craft i should be able travel to an other planet for a cost of 2-3 ped in fuel for the smallest ship and maybe 10 ped for a bigger freighter craft. When you travel between the planets we should have a limit on the avatar inventory, you should not be able to travel between the planets if your inventory weight is on "red", that way we would have some use of diffrenet space craft with diffrent storage size.

With space craft travel to a not too expansive cost, each planet still have the chance to have seperate economies, but with some trade between the planets.

the thing is, Rocktopia is supposed to be creating its own market of new players to build its economy instead of trying to draw established players from calypso. Doing the later weakens both economies.

another thing hurting the economy is so much the rock ores and enmatters dropping and no use for them. If a regular amount of regular resources dropped to use on the regular bp, that might help.

I agree with this.

The first remark I understand, it's even MA policy on new planets. But that still brings up the valid question of where those new players are supposed to come from. I for one have no idea. And well after a year since its introduction it seems that MA, FPC and ND are also at a loss. :laugh:

The second remark however does not compute, maybe a grammar thing I dunno.

Back