Content Release 2010.5

There’s one new vehicle to get into, the brand new Omegaton Pitbull, a six-wheeled all-terrain beast that can carry anyone anywhere. It’s well-armored with built-in ABC protection, with great load capacity and off-road capabilities. This chunk of hardware is a hunter’s or a miner’s best friend.

Great!
Now, can MA be so kind to put some weapon sockets on Sleipnir?

Short comment:

LOVE this!

Everything sounds great!!! Although, not to beat a dead dog, but. Where are the BEACONS!!!!!!!!!!

Im running a slow connection and theres no lag there, its quite nice :D much like a real city, actual people there :D

YAY :wtg:

Hopefully PA will rejoin the game as a buzzing trade metro. Man I miss the old days when PA used to be a big trading metro and not just a vehicle parking lot as its now.

Sounds like a good update

common hurry up and download dammit :(

Look forward to seeing it :)

EasyNavigation changed?

I'm not sure if it's just me or a system wide nerf... It used to be when I depressed right and left mouse buttons I would run in the direction of the camera, now it just runs in the direction the avatar is facing. Anyone experiencing this? Kind of sucking with the new die off cliff "feature". Keep running the wrong way. phfft. Is there a new option to toggle somewhere that I can't find?

Please, 1) fix the radar bug, and more importantly 2) try to do something to the lag that at times makes hunting unbearable. Mob's healthbar hops up and down, because of lag I am not always sure if I did hit the mob, if its dead already, or if I'm in dire need of fapping (which will then happen at some point and I have no idea if its in time or not).

On the positive side, Port Atlantis looks really very nice now. It was kinda boring earlier, now it looks like a place to hang around. And that the camp is so near, and very easy mobs for newbs to hunt around, good, very good.

I am very excited about the marina, now I have a place to anchor my boat and relax;)

Yes please address this

I'm not sure if it's just me or a system wide nerf... It used to be when I depressed right and left mouse buttons I would run in the direction of the camera, now it just runs in the direction the avatar is facing. Anyone experiencing this? Kind of sucking with the new die off cliff "feature". Keep running the wrong way. phfft. Is there a new option to toggle somewhere that I can't find?

I am so thankful someone else has mentioned this. It is ruining my gameplay experience atm. It is such a royal pain in my ass. Can we get others to comment on this please and have this addressed ?

where's the auctioneers and daikibas?

Love the whole update. I think it's been incredibly successful. Congratz to all involved.

[I'm writing this AFTER getting a HoF :D]

The new Swamp Camp and Port Atlantis are sweet! A job well done and a change that was more than welcome. Nice that you gave us Noobs a bit of a break. lol. Port Atlantis was busy as hell today and everyone else seemed to like it as well.

Last edited:
Well, it's all nice and pretty now with better access to facilities.

There are a few things I don't like though.

The service centers look like military surplus field barracks. Though the tower ones at the new swamp camp is cool.
Need the auctioneers at the outposts.
Where are the dense, fast respawn spawns of Daik and Bibo? My soc and I churn alot of ped through them spawns so it is in the best interest of MA and FPC for them to be back there. We want or Combibo Hill back!

and storage bug too...
Suport try to tell me that bug is feature ... kinda joking i hope...

Yes, fix this Storage BUG. How can be a feature??? wenn i split a stack the stack goes to the top free place in storage and my wiew is on the last item down.. jumpting up and down... scrooling up and down all day long :)

Awesome update thanks Mindark! Now are we gonna have some Estates/Apartments on those nice buildings?!

Would that be something you guys would like to see?

AFTER all the current bugs and missing systems are fixed/implemented.

Kthxbai!

Yes, fix this Storage BUG. How can be a feature??? wenn i split a stack the stack goes to the top free place in storage and my wiew is on the last item down.. jumpting up and down... scrooling up and down all day long :)

This storage issue i also like to be fixed :)
When i move stuff from inventory to my storage the storage jump to the bottom each time make me have to scroll on each item i move :( And my stuff in inventory i like to stay where i put it pls ;)
Else i think its a very good VU :D

Everything sounds great!!! Although, not to beat a dead dog, but. Where are the BEACONS!!!!!!!!!!
I have to ask this too...

And yes please fix this stuff now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing, why did you make the landmass so much smaller then previous?
why did you make the blue beach green?
Why so many roads all over the place?
Will we only be able to hunt newbie mobs on PA server area now?
And where to hunt, now with roads all over the place?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't wait until I get back home tho and can hopefully experience it with the graphics that shows you great work, had to run ultra low on all last night but it still looked awesome. And I especially love the new bar in the sky! (but we need some drinks tho, couldn't find a single bottle to use when I tried to be a bartender :( )

It works on other planets, but one almost only just can make it on Calypso.

Would you be kind enough to be more clear on this please, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "one almost only just can make it on Calypso" ... thanks.

AFTER all the current bugs and missing systems are fixed/implemented.

Fixing system bugs and reintroducing missing systems are MindArk projects. Any apartments would be First Planet Company projects. They are not interdependent. Hence, bugs will not get fixed faster if we don't add apartments.

I hope they fix the internet LAG first, it's almost unplayable since last update with planes and orther new vehiculs.

I hope they fix the internet LAG first, it's almost unplayable since last update with planes and orther new vehiculs.

Upgrade video card (it helped me immensely).

Only solution for game crashing when large amount of people within radar is to increase te amount of ran your systm has (I constnatly crashed @ PA due to number of avatars, whereas a socmate with 8GB never crashed)

Unacceptably poor programming, but these are easier solutions than waiting for MA to fix their code. (there is nothing they can possibly say to convince me that 4GB ram is inadequate when I have no lag in other games that have much greater demands.)

Awesome update thanks Mindark! Now are we gonna have some Estates/Apartments on those nice buildings?!

Would that be something you guys would like to see?

Fixing system bugs and reintroducing missing systems are MindArk projects. Any apartments would be First Planet Company projects. They are not interdependent. Hence, bugs will not get fixed faster if we don't add apartments.

In that case: Yes; apartments and booths for PA please:yay:

Upgrade video card (it helped me immensely).

Only solution for game crashing when large amount of people within radar is to increase te amount of ran your systm has (I constnatly crashed @ PA due to number of avatars, whereas a socmate with 8GB never crashed)

Unacceptably poor programming, but these are easier solutions than waiting for MA to fix their code. (there is nothing they can possibly say to convince me that 4GB ram is inadequate when I have no lag in other games that have much greater demands.)

I never used to lag until the update with planes, my computer isn't bad i have generaly 80-150FPS everywhere (excepted in town like twin peaks and PA) i'm talking about internet lag and it's not coming from me many soc mates and friends are lagging a lot like me since same time with that update with planes.

we have all item stuck the storaige lagging a lot of yellow message the life of mob lagging sometimes we shoot a corps during few seconds because it still show the mob has life etc. :(

I never used to lag until the update with planes, my computer isn't bad i have generaly 80-150FPS everywhere (excepted in town like twin peaks and PA) i'm talking about internet lag and it's not coming from me many soc mates and friends are lagging a lot like me since same time with that update with planes.

we have all item stuck the storaige lagging a lot of yellow message the life of mob lagging sometimes we shoot a corps during few seconds because it still show the mob has life etc. :(

I get almost lagfree gameplay when using a wired internet connection
as opposed to a wireless connection but I understand that not everyone can use one.

What surprised me was that I wasn't lagging at all in PA - one of the reasons I like the update. But I have had odd moments of lag elsewhere that have had nothing to do with green dots on the radar.

I do, though, have a powerful computer and a reasonable 12 MB connection speed. Against that, I do put demands on the system - all options set to max and I'm projecting onto a 2048x1152 monitor from my laptop.

Back