Infiltrator helmet out of paper

RomanNight

Young
First off, I am not knowingly violating any forum rules or ToA of EU based off of my reading of the forum rules and the post on the papertropia thread and the response from Hanne on that thread. If this does actually violate any rules, if possible please advise me on how to modify post to conform or remove post as necessary. And on with the post.

This is my first major project into pepakura. I was originaly going to make some halo armor, but after seeing the papertropia thread and talking with malasuerte, I decided why not do something from a game I enjoy more and so here it is. This is the first stable part where I felt comfortable stopping and taking some pictures. The holes in the back will be for the "bars" that come out of the back of the helmet. Anyone interested in trying this should make sure you will enjoy this. The helmet has roughly 113 different cut-out pieces, much more complicated than the guns. So try the guns first, if you are still interested I will be more than happy to shoot over the pepakura file as this is a big 3d build using the file and free file viewer will help keep you oriented on you build. On with the pictures.

oh, awesome :)

really nice done :yay:

You've done it again. This, good sir, is very impressive. :) Looking forward to what you do next!

Quick question to the masters out there,

Is there any concept art out there for the ideal look of this armor set. I would like to take the finished armor out of just what you see in game and go more for what the original designers/illustrators were aiming for. I spent a good deal of time going through the galleries and google searches to no avail.

Thanks for the help

this is very neat

Isn't that a Hermes helmet? :scratch2:

Maybe use these guys to take it to the next level:

http://www.shapeways.com/

They've been looked at in conjunction with some of Jamira's stuff. A 1:1 scale from Jamira's Valkyrie if printed in their strong & flexible material would be 11 inches long (28 centimeters) and cost 8k PED.

Shapeways is good for small stuff, provided you can make all thicknesses more than .7mm for their strong and flexible material, thicker for others. Otherwise they can't print.

AG, admiring his Green Lantern (Hal Jordan FTW! Stewart, Rayner, Scott, Gardner and Stewart are wimps!) ring from Shapeways.

Meant to do a weekly update, but things got busy and I kept telling myself, "just one more piece". Well now it is done. I also put a dvd case in a couple of pictures for scale reference. I built this to wear it if that is indicative of its size. And for the armor, this is the helmet model used for the orca, serum, solir, infiltrator, polaris, predator, luna, and martial armor sets. It is my intention to follow the infiltrator paint scheme when it does eventually come time to paint this, but have started to lean in the direction of making a custom paint job that would still follow the overall scheme, hence why I am still looking for concept art for this armor design. so on with the pictures.

It is my intention to come back to this model and resin/bondo harden the model in the spring when it warms up here, but for now will continue to work on modification and unfolding of the rest of the armor model to keep making new pieces. Thank you to everyone for the kind words. Probably going to be a few weeks before the next update, with the next pieces going for the arms and then tackling the torso.

See you out there.

Awesome man, how did I miss this tread? I'm going to put a link in my pepakura thread pointing here if you don't mind. Right now im working in 2 different entropia related papercraft projects, but is going way too slow.

+rep

Decided to go for the torso, but would like some input. I am trying to figure out the mechanics of what looks to be elastic between abdomen plates and the kidney belt. The reason I say elastic for now, is that it is the same texture as what looks to be fastening straps on the back on either side of the spine strip. What I am looking for help on is figuring out what was intended to be in the soft areas of the torso, and the mechanics for getting it on.

Any help and/or concepts of what the full suit would look like in better detail would be appreciated.

if you could make it in solid plastic i would buy it :D:yay:

EPIC WORK btw
:wtg::wtg::wtg:

Beautiful work - excellent job!
I'd like to get the files in plain PDF just to make a cardstock model of this!
[Please?!]

Back