Whats more important efficiency or damage per pec on armour?

M Rufen Power

Marauder
Society
How To Survive
Mark Rufen Power
I use the admor advisor a lot & it usually reads the data by its efficiency from the desired average damage. But its just occured to me that efficiency is not value for money, in terms of less decay on my armour bill.

High efficiency = more decay, Lower efficiency = less decay. Maybe there are people who havent realised & wanted to share my thoughts on here. But whats more important efficiency or damage per pec? I'm sort of confused now on how I use the armor advisor from now on.

So I need some comments, feedback, thx in advance.

~Mark~

According to the info on the top of the adviser page:

The efficiency column takes all factors in consideration, and makes an estimate on how the armor will perform.

So it's simply a guesstimate, based on decay cost, avg dmg. etc. It's not something you should base your entire EU career on.

What you ask is mostly a personal choice issue. However, there's a few things I can point out that might help.

For this purpose, I used drone 01 with some basic armors/plates on the default settings (5 avg dmg.)

According to the list it makes, both Bodyguard(L)+6A & Vigi+2A give the exact same protection. (3.31 avg & 8.1 max dmg) but the vigi mix costs 1.7 pec/hit while the BG setup is 1.64/hit. So every hit I pay 0.06 pec less using the BG setup. Thus, the higher efficiency rating.

However, the list places vigi unplated (3.95 avg dmg @ 1.61 cost) at higher efficiency then kobold+6A, (1.28 avg dmg @ 1.98 cost) but I prefer the kobold setup. Why? Because I get 1/2 the avg dmg at only a minor increase in cost/hit, and the savings is made up for me in the fact that I have to fap MUCH less using kobold.

But then we get into the issue of how important is healing skills.

So, do you want armor that keeps you from having to fap at all? Do you want to fap a bit? Or are you willing to use completely minimal armor, like knight+2A? Only 0.89 cost/hit but w/ 11.9 avg dmg. but your fap bill will be quite a lot. But if you're goal is fap skilling while hunting, then this may be your choice.

I know that doesn't really give a real answer about the efficiency column, but it's the best I can do.

So, do you want armor that keeps you from having to fap at all? Do you want to fap a bit? I know that doesn't really give a real answer about the efficiency column, but it's the best I can do.
Somewhere in between? I want to minimise healing with fap & let regen to do some of the healing but the armour has to keep me alive for long periods then can fap when hp is about 10-20%. It's ok John C you answered the best u can, its appreciated. Guess I'll manage somehow, Thx for your reply John C +rep :).

Last edited:
Look for something that gives good protection/pec at around the damage amount you think you can handle, and give it a go. Depending on how that works out you might want to look up or down the list for something with more protection or something with less protection but better economy.

Keep tweaking if necessary until you find something that works nicely.

Record your armour and fap costs on each hunt to get a good idea of the relative difference. If your aim is to be as eco as possible, use the armour/plates combination that gives the you lowest armour+fap cost as a percentage of your total costs.

Use the armor that protects best without overprotecting from the average damage when you want to skill defensive.
Use the most eco armor when you want to skill fapping.
Use the eco armor when your dps is maximal compared to the needed dps.
Use the armor that protects best when your dps is eco optimal.
When your skills are over the defensive cutt-off use the best protection cause you are already eco and need ganking protection ( usually coming in with a suite of crits ).

yw,

Use the best armor. The more armor decay the better. With 1dam on armor you get better dam/sec as you don`t fap and also gain better defensive skills. The higher the decay the more skills you get.

Look for something that gives good protection/pec at around the damage amount you think you can handle, and give it a go. Depending on how that works out you might want to look up or down the list for something with more protection or something with less protection but better economy.

Keep tweaking if necessary until you find something that works nicely.

Record your armour and fap costs on each hunt to get a good idea of the relative difference. If your aim is to be as eco as possible, use the armour/plates combination that gives the you lowest armour+fap cost as a percentage of your total costs.
Best answer I think so far thanks Oleg.
Use the armor that protects best without overprotecting from the average damage when you want to skill defensive.
Use the most eco armor when you want to skill fapping.
Use the eco armor when your dps is maximal compared to the needed dps.
Use the armor that protects best when your dps is eco optimal.
When your skills are over the defensive cutt-off use the best protection cause you are already eco and need ganking protection ( usually coming in with a suite of crits ), yw.
Thats a mouth full :laugh:, can I chew now? :D. I think I like the top response "Use the armor that protects best without overprotecting from the average damage when you want to skill defense" might try that a bit.
Use the best armor. The more armor decay the better. With 1dam on armor you get better dam/sec as you don`t fap and also gain better defensive skills. The higher the decay the more skills you get.
Thats an interesting way to look at it.

After a few replies I think I'll stick with efficiency over damage per pec. Sure its a few pec cheaper but overall skilling evade would be cheaper still as I don't get hit, I want to skill up further after reaching level 5 evader.

Meaning use the armor that allows 1-5 dmg on average when plated with the best plates. Hope this is more "chewable" ;).

Meaning use the armor that allows 1-5 dmg on average when plated with the best plates. Hope this is more "chewable" ;).
Yes ah lot better now thx :ahh:. I think average 3 for me is a good bet, sometimes that is the most efficient on the armor advisor.

Back