Question: True eco of weapons

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Was just wondering ... Its easy to determine the eco of unl weapons but since I am not really close to be economically using an unl one, I refer to limited guns ...

Those have markup ... How do I calculate (markup including) the eco vs. other limited guns and vs. unlimited guns (to see at what level what unl. gun would become more attractive) ...

Is there a tool for that or similar?

thanks
Angel

If you use entropiatracker you can fill in your weapon + amp. Then it will follow the damage output and calculate the damage per pec ratio for you. :)

You can also fill in the markup of the weapon so you have a precise calculation. You could even use it to do 2 runs and fill in the UL version of the weapon and see if it would be more eco versus the markup of the L version.

www.entropiatracker.com

If you dont want do test runs you'll have to trust in the data from www.entropiawiki.com i guess.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The formula for the basic eco (if maxed) of a weapon is the following (this leaves misses and critical hits out):

Average damage = (minimum damage + maximum damage)/2

Since only 97% of an L item is approximately usable we would need to calculate the real markup. (note for some L items a bit more then 97% is usable but for simplicity I keep it at 97% here) This will always be 100% or more.
Real Markup = Markup (in %) / 0.97
For an UL item generally Real Markup is considered to be 100%

Ammo used and decay are all in pecs with 3 decimals accuracy.

Without attachments and enhancers eco is the following (in damage / pec):
Eco = Average damage / (total ammo used + (decay * Real Markup))

With attachments it is a bit more complex but easy enough:
Eco = Average damage (attachments included) / (total ammo used + (decay item * Real Markup item) + sum(decay attachment * Real Markup attachment))
Where the sum is over all attachments.

If you have not maxed the L item your profession levels will come into play and make the formula a bit more complex.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers
Siam

Entropedia will do it. Go to Weapons, and read the Help screen next to the Skill Based selection box.

Create your Avatar, enter your Hit and Dmg Profession Levels, and the Eco will be recalculated for your skills.

This works for UL weapons, and L weapons both unmaxed and maxed (provided you've reached the minimums).

If you select several weapons, you can compare their Eco easily, displaying them one below the other.

For UL weapons, Markup is ignored, as it is assumed you recover it when you sell.

As a rough guide, it's said that you have to be Level 70 before UL weapons are as efficient as a maxed L weapon, and that is just about impossible unless you invest serious money in skills.

Last edited:
sorry to bring this up, but isn't there a programme out there where I can put my hit/dmg level next to the gun I intent to shoot and get a dmg/pec result?

I just bought a reasonably high eco unl. gun and am eager to see where, with my skills the eco lies?

Thanks

Angel

Yes - why didn't you read the previous Post in the thread - use Entropedia.

There ARE UL SIB weapons out there. They just cost a bit more to acquire. However, ultimately, if you are hunting a lot and will be for years, it may all balance out pricewise because once you buy it, the MU costs go away because you can just repair it forever. Even if it does not balance out, since it's UL, you could possibly get your MU back later when you sell it.

Now that the tier system has changed, I suspect UL SIB weapons will be the most sought after ones around... because economically, it just makes sense to have high HA and be able to repair it.... and eventually tier it up too.

Back