Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    SDS Official Hanne
    Blog Entries
    Images

Community Adviser Program

Community Adviser Program

As a newcomer you may now be greeted by a Community Adviser as you enter the Calypso Gateway! These are real player volunteers whom are dedicated to helping newcomers with friendly advice about life on Planet Calypso. You can easily identify these helpers by their names and their blue uniform.

The Community Advisers will also take on the guide-role planetside, helping newcomers as they exit from the Gateway. This time the guiding will be done from their own main avatars, so the name won't say "Community Adviser", but they too will wear the blue uniforms. They may also create free events and activities directed towards the newcomers, so keep an eye out in the Clientloader, where there will be a banner for these, and other newcomer-friendly, events.

About the Program:
    Since we started up the Calypso Gateway earlier this year we've been keeping a close eye on activity there.

The Community Advisers is an extension of the old and well-known guide program. However since the Gateway doesn't allow Teleporting to and from the area, we have decided to allow some veteran guides from the old program to use specially created avatars with the sole purpose of guiding and advising the newcomers stationed on the Gateway.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Joshua Jot Avarius
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Yay guides! eehhmm community advisers. oops!

Elite
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    And we are back !

and timing is perfect because Saturday there is already a Bridge of Death event !

Vampire Princess
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Kara RavenJade Summerwind
    Society
    Dark Knights
    Images
    This is great news.
    Congratulations to the selected community advisors. I want to thank you a I know you take alot of your own personal time to help noobs.

RavenJade -Vampire Princess - Radio DJ - Miss Calypso 2010 - Just because I like you doesn't mean that I wont bite you
    http://www.facebook.com/VampirePrincessRavenJade
    Follow me around Entropia one hunting video at a time RavenJade's Entropia YouTube

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Haxtor Moogle Kupo
    Society
    Benevolence
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne|FPC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we have decided to allow some veteran guides from the old program...
    Why are the same people chosen for these types of programs?
    Personally I wanted to be part from the beginning but never got a chance to get in
    How can this be called a "Community" Adviser Program if a select few are chosen every time?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

hmmmm...

This is a good idea... but making it so that the advisors have 2 avatars is not a good idea, and is an indirect violation of the eula sort of... of course you all already know that, lol.

What would have been better would have been to create a special device that only those special avatars involved got that allowed teleporting in to the gateway... maybe built in to the blue suits... that way it's easier for new members of the community to have contacts that they can contact, etc. from both the gateway and calypso itself.

Doing things as you are doing seems to encourage individuals to have multiple avatars, and even worse, do so from the very beginning where avatars are first introduced to the virtual universe...

As I've mentioned before in other threads, as transport fees continue to exist, and more and more new planets come in to being, more and more of the community is going to be tempted to create second avatars... by doing stuff like this, the second avatars for the bank owners, etc., and not doing much about the other various instances where it's obvious that second avatars or shared avatars are in play, it's only encouraging more and more to take on second avatars.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    SDS Official Hanne
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxtor moogle View Post
    Why are the same people chosen for these types of programs?
    Personally I wanted to be part from the beginning but never got a chance to get in
    How can this be called a "Community" Adviser Program if a select few are chosen every time?
    First of all that isn't quite true. There is a few new faces among the Advisers, and if I told you their name it may very well be that you didn't know they weren't guiding! They, just as the veteran guides, been a part of that crowd who's playstyle in a large part revolves around helping newcomers, also before and after the guiding program. These players are the "usual suspects" because they are guides, its not just a title.

About the name: They are part of the community (they are not developer staff) and they are advising newcomers to the community.

Mastermesh: The avatars does not "belong" to the advisers playing them, they belong to FPC and is being monitored. Secondary accounts are still not allowed.

Elite
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermesh View Post
    This is a good idea... but making it so that the advisors have 2 avatars is not a good idea, and is an indirect violation of the eula sort of... of course you all already know that, lol.

What would have been better would have been to create a special device that only those special avatars involved got that allowed teleporting in to the gateway... maybe built in to the blue suits... that way it's easier for new members of the community to have contacts that they can contact, etc. from both the gateway and calypso itself.

Doing things as you are doing seems to encourage individuals to have multiple avatars, and even worse, do so from the very beginning where avatars are first introduced to the virtual universe...

As I've mentioned before in other threads, as transport fees continue to exist, and more and more new planets come in to being, more and more of the community is going to be tempted to create second avatars... by doing stuff like this, the second avatars for the bank owners, etc., and not doing much about the other various instances where it's obvious that second avatars or shared avatars are in play, it's only encouraging more and more to take on second avatars.
    Mastermesh we do indeed agree with you on the second avatars. But these babies are FPC avatars now. Which means , closly monitored, cant do anything with and fixed to the gateway. It is a workaround because there is no (yet) way to tpp freely between gateway and calypso. I imagine breaking one of the rules wont be a pretty picture.

Also the name kinda gives it away that we are official at the gateway

P.S. i really dont the wraith of Hanne raining down on me ...

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Jennson Laudi Marakomm
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanne|FPC View Post
    First of all that isn't quite true. There is a few new faces among the Advisers, and if I told you their name it may very well be that you didn't know they weren't guiding! They, just as the veteran guides, been a part of that crowd who's playstyle in a large part revolves around helping newcomers, also before and after the guiding program. These players are the "usual suspects" because they are guides, its not just a title.

About the name: They are part of the community (they are not developer staff) and they are advising newcomers to the community.

Mastermesh: The avatars does not "belong" to the advisers playing them, they belong to FPC and is being monitored. Secondary accounts are still not allowed.
    Well not moaning here (o.k. yes it is moaning, but i try to keep it constructive at least ).
    Already back in VU9 i was at NAZ fairly often to help out newcomers. And still nowadays i often help newcomers with advice, guiding to TPs, and so on.

Back then when there was the possibility to apply to the Guides program i sadly didn'T have enough time for it, but now there aren'T even announcments on the forum you are loooking for some. This time i had enough spare time, but there was never an announcment you are looking for Guides / Advisors. This is sad because even when the mentoring will start again which considers rep of the mentors there won'T be any chance to get some because it's already blocked by a permanent circle of Volunters.

As i see this there is hardly any incentive for those who wait at PA for newcomers or in swamp trying to teach something because when you try to start you just might hear ( in the future ) I already have an Advisor / Guide / Mentor / however you call it in future.

Quite disappinted about it.

Kind regards
    Last edited by Jennson; 10-25-2010 at 18:07.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    soderd soder soderstrom
    Society
    Deagleteam
    Images
    free labour!

I wish i could get my customers to work free for me to

As ppl mentioned, this should be offered to more then just a few ppl... we cant have 5 avas with 8 recognition armors each. gotta spread the freebies.
    Calypso and Arkadian ore/enmatter supply! Pm me here or ingame

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast