Community Adviser Program

Status
Well I want to congratulate all the newly chosen and old guides.

No doubt you all will do a wonderful job and I wish you all good luck in the new tasks at hand.

And after 6 years helping, I think its time for me to retire from this occupation.

Good luck to you folks.

Regards,
Ion

out

Unlike FPC's other recent approches to the strange subject "community" I think this program basically is a good thing.

Basically,... the execution sounds improper again.

I think this is a good move as well, and I'm sure it will serve the newcomer population in an effective way.

However, I have to agree that it would have been nice to have an announcement about it, as well as be an opportunity for others who have dedicated a great deal of time and effort helping new players navigate and integrate into our universe.

First off, congratulations to the new advisers. I hope you can do alot to help/keep newbies interested in the game. Second, i think announcing this program beforehand would have attracted all kinds of players who would have started helping for all the wrong reasons. I do think however that it would be nice to get a list of all the names in the program (unless i missed it somewhere) and the motivation behind why they were chosen.
Lastly, I thought i read somewhere that after the evaluation of the old program it was decided to not run a program in this form anymore, but maybe i'm mistaken.

And where is the benefit ???

If you want people to do things for free for MA you need to listen to them first, make them like the game and the features they are playing and reward them for it...

How does this strategy fit with the missing but hopefully coming back mentoring system ???

Why don't you just fix that ?

Once again you are just trying to fix the problem from the wrong end...

Make this game cheaper, make new joiners be less irritated by the cost of playing, make normal player feel like mentoring is worth it again and you will have your free guides, your free advisers and what not...

There was a time when PA was full of helpful mentors... but that time is long gone...

You aint fixing the problem about not being able to retain new players with your guide and adviser programme...

But that's just my 2 worthless pecs..

Glad to be on the ship :smoke:

Looks like this is the area for the chosen few now.

Gratz to the new advisors!
Now, I guess I missed the advertisement asking for applicants??? Doesn't appear very transparent how these guides are selected. I hope they advertise these offers in the future.

Bjorn

Well, not really bothered who's official or not really.

When i'm not hunting or doing my own thing with friends, I usualy pop over to PA and help, even knowing 3 or 4 others are standing on the platform, doing the same thing.

Either answering questions, or clearing the path for the mission in the sea, explaining how to track a mission, set radar so it points ahead etc ( damn these bloody razortooths though, put the spawn out further FPC), then flying them to the island.
Actualy found a stranded newbie there today, as she was told to head over to the island to complete the quest, by herself?? she was to afraid to go in the sea and die, thinking she would end up back where she started. God knows how she managed to get there lol, she certainly knew to avoid red dots on radar. Unless someone took her and left her there, she was Russian, so language barrier was a bit of a problem.
She had no idea pressing T would return her safe and sound to PA.
To me interaction with newbies is more fun than answering questions. (Yes, we want mentoring back)

Last edited:
How does this strategy fit with the missing but hopefully coming back mentoring system ???

There was a time when PA was full of helpful mentors... but that time is long gone...

As you can read Marco's statement. Mentoring is coming back but there is no ETA. Not even for FPC. So FPC wants (themself) to focus on the average player now. (thats means you ) and updating stuff there. (i read this as getting Twins up to date better mobs etc). Now to not let the newbies swim they introduced the Guide back again until mentoring is back. Because of them not knowing the date it comes they acted on them own to solve a problem. and Heck the advisers do it for free not even for a reward.The reward is a smiling newbie that remembers you after a couple of months and bought a Land Area

To me interaction with newbies is more fun than answering questions. (Yes, we want mentoring back)

Well Congrats to all the selected advisers. Now please don't take this personal this is not a comment toward any of you. I have seen many many of you at old sweat camp helping plenty of new players all the time. I have noticed you all there cause I myself has been there as well. Again I AM NOT looking for any recognition or any garbage like that, I simply going to state that I feel there is a new Secret Society growing, a secret click among the EU Community of some kind. I know I am a dedicated EU player either by hunting, crafting, or mentoring new players in these fields. I might personally not stand outside of PA 24 hrs a day but im probably somewhere else at least 1/2 that time still assisting players in these professions, as well as burning thousands of peds a day. A few others I have spoken to as well as myself are actually starting to think that the community is being split. There are your Lets make MA money by spending countless hours a day burning peds, and then there is your other side who spend countless hours telling noobs how to begin playing.

Maybe some of us others need to have second avatars so we can have one standing at PA waiting for noobs to arrive and not miss when FPC comes to visit, and then our other so we can continue to hunt, craft, and burn up our peds ;).

I guess Ill post a link to this topic also : What is a Dedicated Player

Oh and by the way Omerta is still recruiting and like always accepting new players. Recruiting Link.

Fishface, reporting for duty. (I'll not answer to Community Adviser Fishface)

i am for fish being in this program. he has a patience i never can have:D

Well Congrats to all the selected advisers. Now please don't take this personal this is not a comment toward any of you. I have seen many many of you at old sweat camp helping plenty of new players all the time. I have noticed you all there cause I myself has been there as well. Again I AM NOT looking for any recognition or any garbage like that, I simply going to state that I feel there is a new Secret Society growing, a secret click among the EU Community of some kind. I know I am a dedicated EU player either by hunting, crafting, or mentoring new players in these fields. I might personally not stand outside of PA 24 hrs a day but im probably somewhere else at least 1/2 that time still assisting players in these professions, as well as burning thousands of peds a day. A few others I have spoken to as well as myself are actually starting to think that the community is being split. There are your Lets make MA money by spending countless hours a day burning peds, and then there is your other side who spend countless hours telling noobs how to begin playing.

Maybe some of us others need to have second avatars so we can have one standing at PA waiting for noobs to arrive and not miss when FPC comes to visit, and then our other so we can continue to hunt, craft, and burn up our peds ;).

I guess Ill post a link to this topic also : What is a Dedicated Player

Oh and by the way Omerta is still recruiting and like always accepting new players. Recruiting Link.

Damned if you do and damed if you don't :laugh:
Like others have pointed out how exactly are these guides chosen? :scratch2:

i am for fish being in this program. he has a patience i never can have:D

they hard part mostly is standing there , getting ignored and nobody willing to talk. The real rewarding part is getting a newbie to talk, involved and seeing him buy a land area after some months.

Regarding the what is a dedicated player. We too are players dedicated to play/help and no we are not some secret society that get picked everytime. We just love to spend countless of hours teaching somebody will stick in our community. And if you think you are up for the task well try talking to Hanne.

P.S getting bit tired of us being some elite player. I am just a grunt that helps players. meaning less time for playing or fapping and more newbie focusing time.

Community Advisor Aandar reporting for fun :)
(advisor not adviser) !

1. Yes we are the usual suspects and yes we are doing it for fun.

2. Yes they see us and what we are usually doing, better than they can ever see you and what you are doing, mainly because we help newbies while being (mainly but not always) stationary at the Newbie Arrival Zone, if you also like to help newbies, but you do it all over the planet, in my opinion it is harder for FPC to see the good that you are doing.

3. If you had the right to visit the Guide Subforum, you would see a very strange thing: a "job" offer without any talk about the reward ! Huh ? Yes you read this correctly :) Neither Hanne said anything about what it will be, or if it even will be, nor any of the old and new guides asked about it. So for me and in my understanding (at this point of time) there will be no reward, because no one ever said anything about any reward.

4. Continuing about the materialism side of things: Myself i said that i am ready for 2 to 3 hours of duty per day, Hanne said it will be few months, so... between around 120 and 550 hours of my life dedicated to it. Depending on where you live and what is the average pay per hour in your job... that is a value of from lets say 1200 to maaaaaaaany thousands of US dollars :)

5. I don't like the idea of 2 avatars... it forces me to log out of my main (beloved) avie and use some other avie that doesn't really belong to me at the Gateway...

*nod* What the guids do is often thankless, sometimes even less than thankless. I spent the better part of a couple of years of my game time standing on the tarmac at PA (or sitting on the counter of the southernmost hamburger stand!), telling the new arrivals how to chat in public so they could begin to ask how things worked on Calypso.

A goodly number of the people that I saw daily have continued doing that same task for years. MA and now FPC recognize their willingness to help newcomers by making them designated ambassadors. Well done and it can only help newcomers to the game since they know they'll get the straight answers from these folk.

If you think there's a problem with folks teaching the basics of how the game works to new arrivals in an environment with a very steep learning curve, or FPC recognizing those that have volunteered for the chore for Lootsifer knows how many hours, you need your head examined.

...but I will go on record saying that Ion is deserving of similar recognition. He's been running noobs to TPs since I was just barely able to pronounce "Zychion", and he's still doing it.

AG

Does not seem as if anyone is arguing the fact that these advisers are not worthy nor are they saying that they are jealous in any way, and no one is personally attacking anyone. Im not going to mention names, but some of you seem to be taking this as a personal attack toward you, don't take some of these comments personal like said over and over again. It seems some people are just curious on how these people are picked is all.

:love:

...and if they would have spent a major amount of time on the tarmac at PA from 2006 to present (or the NAZ, whereever it moved since 9.x), they'd not be asking the question. LOL

...and if they would have spent a major amount of time on the tarmac at PA from 2006 to present, they'd not be asking the question. LOL

Well I guess the rest of the community has the answer now :wise:. Lol.

Good luck to all, I will keep quiet!

Last edited:
It seems some people are just curious on how these people are picked is all.

I feel blessed to be able to do something I love again, trying to help new arrivals and give them the sense of joy and wonder I had when I started. And of course, the countless hours of standin around, saying things with no response. If I combine the gateway, and PA, I did at least 22 hours today, about 10 hours at PA, and 12 at the gateway.

And even though wih all that time, the closest I can get is, we're good at it, and we have fun with it. But something that I never realized when I started pretty much imitating Simon, and Emma, was that it really was a job, and you have to take it seriously like that. Not for yourself, but for the new arrivals, because each and every one of them deserve your full attention. Even the ones who whine and demand free stuff all the time, and even the ones that never say a word, you still have to pay attention to what they are doing, so you can support them, even if it is just saying grats when they finish a mission.

You will say yes, but I wasn't attacking you, and all that. That's okay. But it's the closest I can get to why 'we' get chosen, dedication, being flexible, attentive, and still enjoying it, even if you are going out of your mind from staring at walls for hours, or seeing newbies pass by without any noise at all for hours. It's enough to drive somebody crazy :)

But as to how, or why, or what the procedures are, or the requirements, we honestly have no idea. We get asked, and being able to use the experience you gain over years, and still see someone get that joy you had, and hopefully can still have, that's what it is about I think.

Now maybe you can think, yeah, but you could have asked them. And I'm thinking, maybe I could. But throughout the years of being a part of the experience, I've learned that people like Simon, Emma, and Hanne are accessible, if you care to talk with them, it's not like they are trying to hide, you can send them messages right here in the forum, and in the game, if you want, or file a support-case. And because you can talk with them, I've learned to respect them, and to let them do their things. And not ask, because after all, they are the officials, and we worked with them, but also replaced them. And I'd hate it if for example they would go do it themselves again, because we became too troublesome.

So in short, do we know the requirements, not at all, maybe the 'requirements' are us, who knows, I just know enough that it is an honour to add something to this universe that makes it hopefully grow stronger and better, and I'm thanking everybody for that, because I believe everybody adds to it, and makes the requirements to guide their own path in the universe, and without that, there wouldn't be any 'guides'.

I feel blessed to be able to do something I love again, trying to help new arrivals and give them the sense of joy and wonder I had when I started. And of course, the countless hours of standin around, saying things with no response. If I combine the gateway, and PA, I did at least 22 hours today, about 10 hours at PA, and 12 at the gateway.

Wow,that is dedication. 22 hours a day for free helping MA/FPC. I certainly can't ever come close to that. Well done
+rep

Wow,that is dedication. 22 hours a day for free helping MA/FPC. I certainly can't ever come close to that. Well done
+rep

He is cheating ! ;) :) :tongue2:

You missed the "combine" part :) He has 2 computers and can be logged in both on Calypso and on the Gateway at the same time, so his 1 hour counts for 2.

Why are the same people chosen for these types of programs?
Personally I wanted to be part from the beginning but never got a chance to get in :(
How can this be called a "Community" Adviser Program if a select few are chosen every time?

Because the Swedish police told FPC to deal with the people blocking the street holding banners reading "give us back our noobs!"

Good way to save revenue MA!!
Fire the guides and get some employees willing to work for free brownie points!!

More peds for the loot pool now.. :yay:

+rep

Like Faye wrote that is combined. However, that is just what I 'count', I don't count the time after that standing around with nobody even saying anything, and when I logged off, I didn't press U so since I don't know, doesn't count. Or the 8-9 hours after that standing around in PA. It's not about the numbers, it's about the feeling. But for the people who count numbers, we have the ability to, and often do, work much longer in world than the guides used to do.

Fire the guides

And even though the guides did a great job, us being there allowed them to do different activities, while still monitoring at times, and so Emma and Simon haven't been fired at all, they are ingame when they want to be, and are still on the forum too. They just don't post a lot etc. Unless of course you mean fired as in, not working for MA. Because they work for FPC :)

Unlike FPC's other recent approches to the strange subject "community" I think this program basically is a good thing.

Basically,... the execution sounds improper again.

Yep!
Exactly!

Well we all were chosen for a reason, my first work with MA was with the translation to spanish and kept contact with them. When first guide program started I demonstrated my interest and ever since I've been helping in both English and Spanish to all newcomers.

Status
Back