Community Adviser Program

Status
If you must know I've got about 2 years and probably around 4k U.S. devoted to helping new players during my time here on Calypso. Whether I'm guiding basic commands (which by the way I've spent countless hours pre guide program helping new comers at the NAZ) Or taking 11 newer players on a TP run, outfitting them all with Opalo's and ammo and letting them keep their loot so that I can teach them about auction, private trade, and MU's, I've done my time. So don't compare your 6-8 months of guiding to the rest of the community's YEARS of guiding. IMO there are thousands of avatars who have done ALOT more than me for the new players.... I have no desire to do more then I'm currently doing.... But seeings you asked.... I answered. Any more questions regarding my game play will be answered in PVP thank you.

Menace

It is you that doesnt know me then. Been online for 4 years and helped newbies for 3 years. Rather the same way like you did and some still stick around. I stood countless of hours at the NAZ also. I never saw you ,makes me wonder. Because the first group of guide where picked from the group that stood at the NAZ.

The 6-8 months are under the Guide program. Before that I mentored a lot more and thats how i got to know Simon and Emma.

Maybe if you can just take away the hate for Community Adviser and I dunno help us ? Instead you are activly trying to discredit players that help newbies. Why should you ever attack a group of ppl that wants to help newbies. I dont get that.

And these folks are advisors?... :eyecrazy:

I don't think the problem is you or the advisors, it's the way the program was set up... and You and Menace have made the issue a bit personal and about you... a small trap you seem to have fallen for. If you can't keep calm, cool, and collected about the few posts in this thread, HOW THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO STAY CALM, COOL, AND COLLECTED WHEN HOUNDED BY A BUNCH OF N00BS AT THE GATE? What "morals" is this sort of place you've moved to ethically in this thread showing the community? What advice is there in that Mr. Advisor?

Pff maybe you should even try and come ingame to even help new comers. I dont like being attacked before the one thing I love doing and thats is to help newbies. If you and menace want to attack me on that and blame me for helping newbies sure go ahead. I now see the point narfi made in https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...?199961-A-festering-infection-in-our-Universe.

Yes lets flame the program /ppl that just got picked to help ppl. Why are they picked and not you? Maybe we have fun ingame (or atleast try) and help newbies with our countless of hours.

I have been through hell and back with other flame threads. I have been mocked by the community and now it shits on me. And you expect me now to tell that newbie on the Gateway to actually TP to this community that flames me, discredits me and likes to push my buttons and then expect me to remain "moral" ?

Djeez ...

I still ask the community the same question do you or do you not want me out of the program ? Please say so because I want to make sure I do the community a favor with making it grow

And you expect me now to tell that newbie on the Gateway to actually TP to this community that flames me, discredits me and likes to push my buttons and then expect me to remain "moral" ?
LOL. This is going to turn in to another epic failure on MA|FPC's part if all the advisors start telling all the newbies to stay on the gate or walk away from the game entirely. Way to pick em guys! This type of attitude is the exact opposite of the one you should have as an adviser, I would think. I'd expect anyone who's title is adviser to remain as moral as possible at all times, even when flamed. If you can't take the heat, maybe the kitchen is not for you? I do think the role you have taken is probably difficult, but it's one you chose for yourself mostly. If you are becoming more self aware that this is not a role you would like to remain in, why are you still sticking around doing it? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/masochism

Last edited:
guys, i think you are pretty harsh
some said they didnt attack the guides, or community advisers rather, but did in the end
others really didn't
i wanted to stay out of it cause all the whining annoys me, but i guess i have to comment afterall

its always the same jealousy, complaining and whining (often enough from the same people)
"but i lose XXX$ a day, i want something too"; thats great for you, but it isn't the adviser programs fault, nor does spending a lot qualifies you

"but all of that stuff was kept shady and came so suddenly"; actually, i just knew about this since thursday when i got asked if i wanted to join, WHY i was asked again, but i guess that happened because i did pretty good the first 2 times (plus the years before ofc without a program)
that it was kept shady, is interesting to a point where it comes to people who had applied then, maybe some of those big spenders possibly to get something back for not much work?

"you all do it for the stuff", suuuuuuuuuuuure
check how many of the first 7 CRA armors were sold, or tried to be sold, so the people could get the peds for it
i just know of one, that was Jack's, who wanted to leave the game, thus sold out
afaik all others are still in the possession of the one who got it at the first place
so doing it for peds and stuff? rather unlikely

that we told them wrong stuff before, i don't really believe
we got ignored a lot though, of ppl who didnt react on our "if you need help, just ask"

and sure, if you are angry, pissed, jealous, feel like complaining and reduce the partially 10-20 hours a day guide (single ones) to a "they werent there and just did for gifts", do so, it is wrong

that we think we are better than others, i dont think so either, don't think you see us bragging about it, but we try to have a similar friendly to neutral attidude to everyone
ofc if you bug us or insult us enough it will be more towards neutral :)

that mentoring was better is plain wrong as well imo
i had over 60 graduaters (hey, i bragged ;)) and most ppl i spoke with gave up after 1 or 2, just cause it wasnt worth their time to get another alpha ME (besides, i have 17 of them in storage, 22 EP22 ME; not bragging, but point for the "after peds and stuff" part
mostly mentoring turned into ppl who didnt really care adding as many newbies as they could without talking much or ever to them, hoping they would graduate to get something for free
doubt that helped ppl staying longer
if it helps to tell them how to move, so they actually may see the game instead of quitting right away at the arrival point, that's for you to decide

that we should spent our time helping newbies and not writing on forum, heh, I just do that at the same time, didnt have any questions (although asked twice in 4 min already)

to the program
as i already said, making it more public had rather led to a worse outcome
you would have a similar amount of complainers and whiners though, most likely the same ones (if they hadn't been chosen)
most seem to agree that the ones doing it currently are pretty decent, if not good, in doing it, so i don't understand the fuss
many even seem to agree that a more public approach would be a problem

now, another example, guide contest
quite some ppl said "why not give Alice something for writing the guide", which i did alreay years ago and kept updating it
that is a more direct approach without much public involvement, yet it was suggested
and here it is the other way around and it is bad?
as i already said, most ppl said they are ok with the ones doing it atm

but i figured that had happened, jealousy is showing its face again

but flaming people who are just here to help, spending their freetime for that, that is just wrong

but i leave this as it is, spending my time posting and writing the same thing all the time isnt worth it indeed

besides, neg rep for menance for being rude, so make it 2 ^^

LOL. This is going to turn in to another epic failure on MA|FPC's part if all the advisors start telling all the newbies to stay on the gate or walk away from the game entirely. Way to pick em guys! This type of attitude is the exact opposite of the one you should have as an adviser, I would think.

Yeah and you made me cross that line are you now proud on yourself ?

Seems I am a human being after all thnx for pointing that out towards me. As for me being calm, you dont even know what the ***** you are talking about.

I came here to enjoy the game and not fend of little pricks like you that are over-jealous and spend there time flaming on ppl that actually help. But seems I am not worthy in the communitys eyes then or am I ? Please somebody tell me so i can improve on that ? Should I return the armor to FPC then ?

If you must know I've got about 2 years and probably around 4k U.S. devoted to helping new players during my time here on Calypso. Whether I'm guiding basic commands (which by the way I've spent countless hours pre guide program helping new comers at the NAZ) Or taking 11 newer players on a TP run, outfitting them all with Opalo's and ammo and letting them keep their loot so that I can teach them about auction, private trade, and MU's, I've done my time. So don't compare your 6-8 months of guiding to the rest of the community's YEARS of guiding. IMO there are thousands of avatars who have done ALOT more than me for the new players.... I have no desire to do more then I'm currently doing.... But seeings you asked.... I answered. Any more questions regarding my game play will be answered in PVP thank you.

by the way.... just tone down the holier than thou attitude and quit being so defensive about everything. These posts aren't directed at your guiding abilities.... you can do the job just fine.... they're directed at what I believe to be a poor program AND the attitude on these forums that many of the guides/past guides display when they're supposed to be REPRESENTING the community.

Menace

You keep talking about the "holier than thou" that the guides supposed to have, but I can only read in your posts that you think that your better than them.

By the way... KP... class act right there buddy! Hanne, I really think you do a GREAT job... but epic fail calling this clown back to duty.

Holy crap! You people are so GOOD at being guides you can't even understand ENGLISH! Poor Westerners that log in are just screwed I guess! READ THE RED LETTERS..... "AGAINST THE ADVISER PROGRAM" Not the community advisers themselves..... FFS Hanne where did you find these people?

So then someone like me comes into the thread calling a spade "a spade" because he's sick of the "We're guides, we're special" attitude and not only do the guides end up in an outrage.... the stupid people do too....

To name a few.

If people are not agreeing in how things where handled, fine I have my points there too.
But clearly you are not able to discus this kind of matters in a mature way.

The only thing you do is rant and rave to those who voluntarily spend there ingame time to helping newcomers and do that beside there usual things ingame.
You do your best to call them stupid because there native language is not English and/or they don't share your point of view.
And to top that you brag about your plus and neg reps and pound on your chest that your game play can be discussed in PVP.

And next you expect that we take you serious.

Well I don't have interest to discus matters with someone who try to boost his reputation over the back of others and is not able to have a discussion in a mature way.
And I don't respect such people aether.

Respect is earned and usually gained after respecting another, which you clearly don't do.

However I do wish you a happy stay on planet Calypso and in the Entropia Universe.
And if you ever need guidance or have questions, feel free to contact my and am happy to do my best to help in the best way possible.

Because guiding and helping is what I do, being it in or outside a program.
And I am proud on what I do.

With kind regards,
Ion

I came here to enjoy the game and not fend of little pricks like you that are over-jealous and spend there time flaming on ppl that actually help. But seems I am not worthy in the communitys eyes then or am I ? Please somebody tell me so i can improve on that ? Should I return the armor to FPC then ?
I'm not over-jealous, lol. I am just suggesting that there are other ways that MA|FPC could have put the program together, hopefully some of which they might catch on to (like the idea to make the suits an item in your inventory which you put on that will activate the gate tp for your avatar as a part of this program, which will simultaneusly allow you to keep with just your one avatar instead of two, and also allow you to guide the n00bs both in the gate and down in Calypso itself similar to the way a mentor might have in the old system... and allow you to actually add n00bs to fl so they can contact you since it sounds like in some posts you are not allowed to let them befreind you at the gate) and make adjustments in the future to alter it so it does not encourage dupe avatars...

As to your wanting someone to tell you what you should do, I'd say no one other then you can give you the moral instructions on what to do... but since you seem to be saying that you want to tell n00bs to not come down to Calypso to join the party and this community, it sounds like you might just want to be imposing your morals on others, which may not be the best thing for an advisor to the community to be doing... and might possibly be one aspect of the "holier then thou" type of thing Menace is bringing up.

LOL. This is going to turn in to another epic failure on MA|FPC's part if all the advisors start telling all the newbies to stay on the gate or walk away from the game entirely. Way to pick em guys! This type of attitude is the exact opposite of the one you should have as an adviser, I would think. I'd expect anyone who's title is adviser to remain as moral as possible at all times, even when flamed. If you can't take the heat, maybe the kitchen is not for you? I do think the role you have taken is probably difficult, but it's one you chose for yourself mostly. If you are becoming more self aware that this is not a role you would like to remain in, why are you still sticking around doing it? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/masochism

Sorry Mastermesh, but you seriously are crossing a line here.

You try to flame other people who are actually helping new players (and older players if they have to)
However you are self hardly ingame.
I remember that you dropped me a mail and I replied that I didn't have the time and asked you to do some work and send it to me to finish it.
And you never came back to me about that.

But you have the time to flame others and push there buttons.
And on top telling they should remain calm?

This is something I never had thought of you, its a shame actually.

Maybe consider to support other instead of trying to get them to the ground.

Btw, I don't tell newbie's to stay away from Calypso.
However do warn them about the dark side this community has.
I think this whole thread is a good example of that.

Kind regards,
Ion

Well, on the lighter side, i suppose we can expect alot of more people showing their apreciation of their recognition by watching their selling threads and ingame auctions regarding the community recognition armor.

Yay.

I'm not over-jealous, lol. I am just suggesting that there are other ways that MA|FPC could have put the program together, hopefully some of which they might catch on to (like the idea to make the suits an item in your inventory which you put on that will activate the gate tp for your avatar as a part of this program, which will simultaneusly allow you to keep with just your one avatar instead of two, and also allow you to guide the n00bs both in the gate and down in Calypso itself similar to the way a mentor might have in the old system... and allow you to actually add n00bs to fl so they can contact you since it sounds like in some posts you are not allowed to let them befreind you at the gate) and make adjustments in the future to alter it so it does not encourage dupe avatars...

And FPC really wants this but MindArk wont do it. Hence the WORKAROUND !!!!!!!! Please read the first post explaing that

As to your wanting someone to tell you what you should do, I'd say no one other then you can give you the moral instructions on what to do... but since you seem to be saying that you want to tell n00bs to not come down to Calypso to join the party and this community, it sounds like you might just want to be imposing your morals on others, which may not be the best thing for an advisor to the community to be doing...

Are you stubborn or what? You attack me for being a bad adviser because I help ppl and i did this with fun for FPC and the community. Now i questioned if it is worth my time to get newbies to claypso and suggested maybe just send them to Rocktropia because of the nicer COMMUNITY there.

You impose that I have been saying that now at this moment at the Gateway. My ex-fellow advisers can verify that i havent been saying that. And what is this now about moral instructions?Just because I worked my ass off for this community doesnt mean I should be rewarded ? For gods sake I went through surgery and still guided as I loved it.
Maybe you should question your own morals why you like to flame/harass ppl that are helping newbie to stick around in this game.

Mastermesh, the whole point of this program is they currently dont have the tech give avatars access like that. It's here to bridge the gap between now and when a new feature will come that gives people access.

It's currently this or nothing. And i'm sure you will agree this workaround is better than newbies arriving there with no one to answer their questions

My last words on this matter

I just want to share my last words on this matter.

I am very much surprised about the going attitude I find in this thread.
If this is a reflection of our community I actually feel ashamed to be a part of it.

FPC and volunteers do there best and spend there (free) time to fill a gap until the mentor system arrives.
It was clear that there needed to be done something.

It was maybe not executed in the best way, I had my comments on that too and I still stand with them.
But at least something is done to help new arrivals and don't let them in the dark.

But what surprises me almost to the point of disgusting is the reaction of the community.

Those who are trying to help are taken to the fire stakes.
That gives a new meaning to the term "a warm community"
It looks like the witch hunt times are back, if your different your getting burned.

I truly hope your proud on yourself and can look into a mirror and think "damn, I did that good"

Kind regards,
Ion

little pricks like you
Name calling is not really something that's called for, and is something that I think FPC and the community in general should find deplorable, especially coming from someone who is supposedly a "community adviser"

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules
, name calling or unnecessarily inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated.

But you have the time to flame others and push there buttons. And on top telling they should remain calm?
Sorry I don't have multiple hours of free time to dedicate like you folks do, even if it seems like it since I do post on here a lot. I have this little thing called a real life that I need to spend some time with, which means, in part, being away from the computer that I usually use to log in to eu itself, and I'm sure that a lot of other folks in this community probably have the same little problem...

as far as being in game vs being on the forums... it really shouldn't matter much where the discussion takes place since both the forum and Calypso itself are owned by FPC.... Actually, I prefer forum talk since you don't constantly have the word cuttoff after so many words like you do in in game chat, and the forum words stick around and is for all to see, unlikce private chat logs, so meaningful discussions of this nature should take place here more then in game I'd think. Would I love to have 10+ hours a day to be online in game like some of you claim to have in recent days, sure... who wouldn't.

I'm not saying that what you are doing is bad. Nor am I saying that you are doing is wrong since you are doing what you can with the system you have...

Just saying if this is the workaround, hopefully this thread among other things can be proof to FPC that they can hand to MA that explains why MA should hire more programmers to work out the issues that caused the workaround to come in to place because the current system doesn't do what it should be doing... just like they should be hiring more programmers to bring ALL the old systems back that are not here yet... As you point out the frustrations in the community are not any one particular avatar's fault -- but it is something that MA and FPC could be and should be doing something about... and they are doing something about, just not fast enough. No old systems being back for over a year is a complete disgrace... and has likely caused many to walk away forever.

as far as that little project you were talking about... sorry for not responding to your PM in a timely manner. I've been busy moving... only getting back to some level of normalcy in the last week or two, and even then my weekends are not currently really what I'd call free yet as there is still a lot of packing and unpacking being done. As I said, I have a bit of a real life to deal with so can't have countless hours in game, even if it seems like it based on posts in this thread...

Sorry if I stepped on some toes in this little dance. Peace to all Entropians both in the Gate and elsewhere. May Lootius bring you all your heart desires.

Last edited:
I just want to share my last words on this matter.

I am very much surprised about the going attitude I find in this thread.
If this is a reflection of our community I actually feel ashamed to be a part of it.

- Then we'll be seeing your sales thread shortly?

FPC and volunteers do there best and spend there (free) time to fill a gap until the mentor system arrives.
It was clear that there needed to be done something.

- Yep, spend their free time meaning those of us spending our hard earned money don't have a say because we're giving economy to the community and that makes us irrelevant. Anyone who's spending PEDs and knows what's required to get new players depositing are pointing out flaws in this program. Then we get attacked for it.

It was maybe not executed in the best way, I had my comments on that too and I still stand with them.
But at least something is done to help new arrivals and don't let them in the dark.

- Sure... I guess something is better than nothing.. but as stated in another of my posts.... only about 5% of what is required. I think that post was attacked as well..... by guides naturally.

But what surprises me almost to the point of disgusting is the reaction of the community.

Those who are trying to help are taken to the fire stakes.
That gives a new meaning to the term "a warm community"
It looks like the witch hunt times are back, if your different your getting burned.

I truly hope your proud on yourself and can look into a mirror and think "damn, I did that good"

Kind regards,
Ion

Well.... we weren't attacking the volunteers. We were attacking the program. Problem was.... the volunteers decided that instead of letting Hanne do her job, THEY would captain the ship.... and well... you know what they say about the captain going down with the ship... :rolleyes:

Time to eat my double down! Mmmmmmm

Menace

Many and mostly all have repeatedly posted, They do not have an issue with the Guides, just the system. So why do you continue to take everything as a personal attack? Loosen up, relax, drink a beer, and stop being so defensive :lolup:

- Well.... we weren't attacking the volunteers. We were attacking the program.

So again why are the Guides getting so DEFENSIVE? No one was attacking the Guides in anyway. People are simply saying they are un-happy with the program. The PROGRAM is the problem, not the GUIDES. Stop getting so defensive Guides. You guides are the ones beginning to take this all very personal. Some simple questions were ask, you replied with answers, and well maybe some folks are just waiting for a reply from Official FPC people with some answers. What is the problem?

It is true what Menace is saying about get off your Dam Pedestal, just relax, be a guide, most of all be Professional. If you are the first impression of EU on noobs at the Gate Way dont you think you should always remain, Calm and Professional no matter who gets on your nerves, either in game or in forums?

:twocents:

as far as being in game vs being on the forums... it really shouldn't matter much where the discussion takes place since both the forum and Calypso itself are owned by FPC....

Remember that what you say can now also be held against you, on the forum. That's not a threat, but a reminder that where FPC could ignore before, they now can hold you responsible for. I think that is one difference that people forget.

The PROGRAM is the problem, not the GUIDES.

Some history:
When people like Simon and Emma noticed how some people spend much more hours doing what they were doing, and sometimes even more professionally, they started doing other things more than usual, and eventually, almost completely left it to 'us'. Then the guide 'program' came, which to us was like 'hey, you've been doing great unofficially, here as a reward do exactly the same with official clothes on'. And again. And now, again.

In effect, for some of 'us' (and certainly not all the guides, because there were new ones in the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd) it means that anybody attacking the 'program', is really saying hey guys, whatever you have been doing since about 2006/2007 almost every day really sucks, and even though I haven't seen that or what you do, you suck and everything you do is wrong.

Remember that what you say can now also be held against you, on the forum. That's not a threat, but a reminder that where FPC could ignore before, they now can hold you responsible for. I think that is one difference that people forget.

Well as a community doesn't every one have an equal say in things within the game? Doesn't the community have the right to speak their minds?

In effect, for some of 'us' (and certainly not all the guides, because there were new ones in the 1st, the 2nd and 3rd) it means that anybody attacking the 'program', is really saying hey guys, whatever you have been doing since about 2006/2007 almost every day really sucks, and even though I haven't seen that or what you do, you suck and everything you do is wrong.

Either some of you are just trying your hardest to twist around peoples words or there is some major translation issues. I will give all the benefit of the doubt and say some things are lost in Translation. So before you take my words and try to chop them up and mix them around, this is what I was stating.

So again why are the Guides getting so DEFENSIVE? No one was attacking the Guides in anyway. People are simply saying they are un-happy with the program. The PROGRAM is the problem, not the GUIDES. Stop getting so defensive Guides. You guides are the ones beginning to take this all very personal. Some simple questions were ask, you replied with answers, and well maybe some folks are just waiting for a reply from Official FPC people with some answers. What is the problem?

It is true what Menace is saying about get off your Dam Pedestal, just relax, be a guide, most of all be Professional. If you are the first impression of EU on noobs at the Gate Way dont you think you should always remain, Calm and Professional no matter who gets on your nerves, either in game or in forums?

I was simply stating:
1. Personal attacks are un-called for.
2. No one is attacking the Guides.
3. Stop getting upset Guides.
4. Some people are upset about selection process of Guides and reward system for these Guides.

So again why are the Guides getting so DEFENSIVE?
Because we care so much about the community

No one was attacking the Guides in anyway.

As lite example as non body is attacking persons

As ppl mentioned, this should be offered to more then just a few ppl... we cant have 5 avas with 8 recognition armors each. gotta spread the freebies.
And it has so and we arnt in it for the freebies

Same here.

So much for dedicated players
Why arnt the ppl selected for the guides then not dedicated huh ? talking about the ppl not the program

Sure, some of the guides are doing a great job, but not even going to comment on some of the others...

Talking about guides.

It was a referral to my earlier remark that being "selected" and "being dedicated" are two entirely different things.

*nod* What the guids do is often thankless, sometimes even less than thankless. I spent the better part of a couple of years of my game time standing on the tarmac at PA (or sitting on the counter of the southernmost hamburger stand!), telling the new arrivals how to chat in public so they could begin to ask how things worked on Calypso.

A goodly number of the people that I saw daily have continued doing that same task for years. MA and now FPC recognize their willingness to help newcomers by making them designated ambassadors. Well done and it can only help newcomers to the game since they know they'll get the straight answers from these folk.

If you think there's a problem with folks teaching the basics of how the game works to new arrivals in an environment with a very steep learning curve, or FPC recognizing those that have volunteered for the chore for Lootsifer knows how many hours, you need your head examined.

...but I will go on record saying that Ion is deserving of similar recognition. He's been running noobs to TPs since I was just barely able to pronounce "Zychion", and he's still doing it.

AG

That's funny Menace aint this your soc leader ?

Thanks guys for doing this but...

I really hope they dont give anything in return ( like armor sets last time ), it would be unfair to other hundreds people that do the same in game everyday but are not forum who**s :)

Or pay them and i hope everybody will stop helping, lets the paid people do it ;)

No why reward ppl that try to work for you and make a newbie experience good. The choice to reward us with a mid lvl armor was a choice of FPC and non of the guide back then did it because we knew we should get an armor

In the garden of Eden in this virtual universe (the Gate) where the souls of all new beings are created, the evil snake of duality is showing off it's shiny apple to the caretakers of this lovely place in hopes that they will partake of the sin and repeat the pattern over and over?....

Been reading about duality in religion and a lot of that has to do with the male and female aspects of being in the individual where one is wisdom and the other knowledge -- in some many ways that sort of thing has some aspects of reality in this program as there are two avatars in play with the individuals partaking of the program. One with worldly knowledge of the physical world in Calypso and the other giving wise instruction to the folks at the gate... This sort of stuff has a lot to do with this thing even though it doesn't seem like it on the surface... spiritual paths of ways of becoming enlightened, learning the ways of the world, etc.

So, Adams and Eves of the Gate, are you going to fall for the temptations put before you? You've been granted an honorable place as priests and preistesses of the great Gate. Are you moral enough to maintain this holy position without fault? Are you strong enough to not be tempted by the evil of duality once this little program termintates, if it ever does? Will your chaste actions be maintained forever, and will your children (those who take on the wisdom you give them) be able to maintain purity or be tempted by the duality in which you live?
(skeptic mode off)

Euh wot the hell happend here .. Adam ? Eva ....

o that people who deserve to be rewarded GET rewarded (or at least have a dynamic chance). How many people whom these guides help out at the Gateway will reach level 10 in ANYTHING once they hit the "real world"?

This guide program covers about 5% of the needed newcomer assistance IMO. No offence to the guides and their fancy Marbers and duct taped covered Ghost armor.... I know they try real hard.... but WTF? This isn't even CLOSE to enough if you's want people to join up and last more than a week/$10 deposit (whichever comes first).

Menace
Well you are talking about us now. And if you might wanna know a lot reached lvl 10 and further but what do I have to keep track of every newbie that comes ingame. I need one big huge Friends list then.

Time to get off the high hog peaches. Your in-game and in-forum "Holier than Thou" attitude is a disgrace to the community. Mellow out and try humbling yourself for a while.

Oh, and by the way... the first new player that opens PM with me stating " The Community Adviser at the gateway told me I could earn free money by sweating or picking up poo... where do I go to get rich?" will initiate my first support case against the community adviser program.

Menace
So that is directed to a Adviser which is a player. And yes you can earn free money that way. Do you get rich No. But picking up stuff is what ppl do to be nn-depositers. Is it up to you to judge that is wrong? And why should I be high hog peaches. Maybe try talking with Shana (you know your soc member) how kind I can be. I not up here for a populairty contenst just helping newbies

People are simply saying they are un-happy with the program. The PROGRAM is the problem, not the GUIDES. Stop getting so defensive Guides. You guides are the ones beginning to take this all very personal. Some simple questions were ask, you replied with answers, and well maybe some folks are just waiting for a reply from Official FPC people with some answers. What is the problem?
Problem is that we do unseen work and players here think we pick our noses do nothing and get a big reward. Instead we stand around the gateway/naz for hours. Getting ignored, spitted or shitted on by players like you.

First of all are we that mighty then in your eyes that we are on a Pedestal ? I find ourself just rgular players without nothing special with the same loses all ou guys have and to strggle ingame to get a profit. I rather play being myself and react the way I do and not getting told how I should respons. Maybe you should step off your pedestal and maybe try to act a bit more normal towards us.

We are just players helping under a semi-official flag. I see the community unforuntaly disagrees how FPC handles the way to help newbies. And I see it this way. You guy wont be satified until you get something free yourself. That why you want mentor gifts back so you get a reward. Please be my guessed take my spot then. As i just will help newbies with or without a fancy guide jacket.

This all makes me rather sick how the community reacts

Well as a community doesn't every one have an equal say in things within the game? Doesn't the community have the right to speak their minds?
Still is FPC decision whom to pick for THEIR program. And what If i tell you we get no reward will you still guide then or not ?

That's funny Menace aint this your soc leader ?

Nope.

Regardless, even if he was, I respect his views and opinions as much as he respects mine. Alpha Geek and I are the perfect example of how 2 people with normally completely opposite views/opinions can get along without clashing swords. And trust me.... I think AG and others in my SOC over the past 2 years have heard ALOT worse than anything I've posted in this thread! They still love me though cuz they're able to understand who I am, what I am, and who the real life Menace is and have grown to expect me to be a hard ass at times.

By the way Ranpha.... AG is my very highly respected and looked up upon (by me) SOC "Elder" ;) Now please don't make me go back several pages and quote my statement where I said the "guides are doing a great job but the guide program only covers 5% of what's required".

Also... AG said:
...but I will go on record saying that Ion is deserving of similar recognition. He's been running noobs to TPs since I was just barely able to pronounce "Zychion", and he's still doing it.
So why haven't you attacked him for suggesting that others are just as worthy as you?

Menace

Nope.

Regardless, even if he was, I respect his views and opinions as much as he respects mine. Alpha Geek and I are the perfect example of how 2 people with normally completely opposite views/opinions can get along without clashing swords. And trust me.... I think AG and others in my SOC over the past 2 years have heard ALOT worse than anything I've posted in this thread! They still love me though cuz they're able to understand who I am, what I am, and who the real life Menace is and have grown to expect me to be a hard ass at times.

By the way Ranpha.... AG is my very highly respected and looked up upon (by me) SOC "Elder" ;) Now please don't make me go back several pages and quote my statement where I said the "guides are doing a great job but the guide program only covers 5% of what's required".

Also... AG said:

So why haven't you attacked him for suggesting that others are just as worthy as you?

Menace

My mistake then about AG thought he was. And yes 2 ppl and have different opinions but as you like to attack ppl on personal stuff like language and attacking like I am some kind of almighty god is something complety different.

My point is that you guys take aim like we are some kind of super official allmighty avatar. Instead we are just helpfull players that have feelings also and if you go "a hard ass at times" then expect to have some back talk.

And to comment on the Ion thing. Ion is in the program also. Second why am I worthy of anything ? I tell this again as it wont stick around in your head. I am a NORMAL PLAYERS THAT HELPS PPL !!!!

And really, I ask newbies to PM anytime when they want some info or buy something. I point them towards Alice her guide which explain like 80% of everything. I like it when I see newbies I talked to into soc and running around in hunting gear. Thats the purpose of guides help them though the first steps and then kick them into the big bad world and see what they do with the information they get from us. So yes it maybe low % of the whole picture but we hope that they stick arond. If you rather see me make a society and farm them all together so I can keep in touch thats a different way to help them.

Our methods are all different and we all want to get that newbie to stick around for the community. So why attack ppl that wan to work for that and maybe even provide you with that newbie that will boost your society?

So, Adams and Eves of the Gate, are you going to fall for the temptations put before you? You've been granted an honorable place as priests and preistesses of the great Gate. Are you moral enough to maintain this holy position without fault? Are you strong enough to not be tempted by the evil of duality once this little program termintates, if it ever does? Will your chaste actions be maintained forever, and will your children (those who take on the wisdom you give them) be able to maintain purity or be tempted by the duality in which you live?
(skeptic mode off)
Euh wot the hell happend here .. Adam ? Eva ....
In clearer language, are you going to let the special privelege of having two avatars, one in the gate and one elsewhere, both being able to be logged in at the same time, be something that you become so happy to partake in that if this program is terminated eventually, will you be able to overcome the temptation to create a second avatar so that you can do similar later on...??? It's a temptation that you should never have been given in the first place since it's a bit of a workaround for a system that's broken/not working/not been created since vu 10... Being in two places at once may not seem like much of an advantage now to you, but as you become used to it, I suspect over time you will grow to love it, and some advisers may love it enough that later if the program is ended, they might take actions to continue doing just that, even if it's against the rules officially (but as mentioned in various other threads, appears to be something that lots of avatars does anyways without any reprimand)...

Not allowing second avatars is something that I'm so adamant about, as already mentioned, because it's something other mmorpgs allow, and might even encourage since it's a part of that environment and the challenge of the other mmorpgs... and as EU gains popularity with the spamming of ads by Next Island, Rocktropia, SEE, etc. it's going to be something that MA and FPC need to address more head on then they have in the laissez-faire sort of way they've dealt with the issue in the past...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...iple-avis-Eula&p=299844&viewfull=1#post299844

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...d-and-banned&p=2374520&viewfull=1#post2374520

http://synergencorp.com/policies/synergen-society-fund/

There's lots of other examples of dupe avatars, at least from the past... some uh, of the largest societies in game still have old dupe avatars as the founder listed... another thing that just screams out to new players that it's ok to have dupes... "since the elders are doing it, why can't I..."

I'm sure you will be able to overcome that temptation, but some might not be able too. Additionally, it's a bit of a temptation that has always been there for everyone, but this little program sort of makes it more obvious that that option is out there, which I see is a bad thing because even more folks will be entering in to that temptation of duality (being two avatars at the same time), or alternatively sharing an avatar (as some funds and shared society funds seem to do), both of which are against the rules.

Sorry if the religious/philosophical references were too deep to read through. It just seems to me that the metaphorical language of that post was well deserved since it is indeed a somewhat similar type of thing. The n00bs exist in a happy place and then in a way similar to the fall of man in the garden of Eden story, they wake up in the real world where the struggle to survive is much more difficult.

Last edited:
Secondly.... WTF am I to be jealous about? During the initial "Guide program" I decided to kill some time helping new people and it took me a total of 6 hours to undue the damage the guide(s) that day had done with 3 new arrivals. They were all messed up and clueless no thanks to this AWESOME guide program!

Menace

Well.... we weren't attacking the volunteers. We were attacking the program. Menace

It seems to me that you were clearly attacking the guides themselves in the quoted post Menace.

True, you didn't mention specific people's names.

In clearer language, are you going to let the special privelege of having two avatars, one in the gate and one elsewhere, both being able to be logged in at the same time, be something that you become so happy to partake in that if this program is terminated eventually, will you be able to overcome the temptation to create a second avatar so that you can do similar later on...???

I tell the same as I told menace

I tell this again as it wont stick around in your head. I am a NORMAL PLAYERS THAT HELPS PPL !!!!
So FPC made this workaround and trusts us with it. I rather have the trust of FPC then that I need aprrove by you mastermesh. If you detect any mis-use of our gateway avatars please do contact Hanne then but stop speculating on day four. We havent even got the official clothes yet and already you think we are mis-using our avatars.

FFS guys REALLY?? you lot are STILL going on and trying to justify picking on genuine, helpful players!!! you say you pick on program not the guides.. BOLLOCKS! give it a rest.. sick and tired of you going on and on and on!

This is THE MAIN REASON I quit the original program.. having to justify it to the likes of you.

Have a nice day.

Calm down, people. I hope you're able to put the personal disagreements aside or Ill be forced to lock this thread.

Those who were chosen were people I saw helping out newcomers in the first place, and guides who've previously helped us out with languages etc. What we have to think about when choosing guides is not only choosing those who does seem like they really are having fun while guiding, but also cover most timezones and major languages. At the same time, we can't have too large a group of CA's.

This isn't about some opportunity for them to get "free stuff", this is about them helping out newcomers, an opportunity to help the game.
They haven't been promised anything.

There's been a couple of more additions to the program since I started this thread.

and already you think we are mis-using our avatars.
No, I don't think you are mis-using the avatars at all. I'm just saying that the use of two avatars with this program is something that is sort of giving you folks a taste of what it might be like to have two avatars, with each on different planets since the gate is sort of mini-planet... that sort of thing, as far as I can tell, would be the main reason anyone would want to make an illegal avatar with like one avatar on Calypso and another on Rocktropia or whatever... I'm in no way saying you are doing bad deeds or whatever... I'm just saying MA seems to have made an oops by doing stuff this way since it's sort of giving you folks a taste for what it'd be like to do that sort of illegal activity while also putting a spotlight on that sort of misuse potential for the entire community to see from the newbies just starting on up, especially bad since you are on the gate "guiding" new folks, who might see your avatar there in the gate and your other avatar down in PA and say to themselves, "If these folks have more then one avatar, why can't I?" and off they go down a bad path... something I don't think FPC, you folks, or any of us want to see happening... but nevertheless... The message is there on some level that it's ok, at least for some, to have more then one avatar because, well, there is folks with more then one avatar now... a message that folks from other mmorpgs where more then one avatar is allowed for everyone in the entire community might take the wrong way resulting in things happening down the road that nobody wants to see happening, but that might still happen because the wrong message is being sent out, at least on some levels... to both you folks, giving you a taste of what it's like to be in two places at once, and to everyone else, who might be tempted to try something like make up a second avatar... an ongoing issue since FPCs main way of checking id is through email, and there's tons of free email providers out there, and an ongoing issue since some folks that do have one avatar per person do have the same ip... a major issue that should be addressed, but how are they going to address it... I don't know... maybe they should make stiffer rules, like you have to provide a copy of real world id or something in order to deposit over x amount or have x amount on the pedcard.

Last edited:
why must people blow everything out of porportion?

These "second" ava's are limited to the gateway. They are used to help noobs coming into the game.

They arn't using them to do anything underhanded.

and they are even named after their original ava... community advisor "_________"

They are spending their own free time helping people. If there was a way for them to come and go to the gateway using thier original ava that would of been done instead.

It's really truly not a big deal.

I swear people complain about everything.

By the way... KP... class act right there buddy! Hanne, I really think you do a GREAT job... but epic fail calling this clown back to duty.Menace

That is very mature of you Menace....did you said you were not attacking the guides directly? Anyway I've had it with you really and as Ion said I'm really sad about how part of the community is lately responding to anything.

At least the others that complained about the program did not attack the guides or at least didn't received an attack so personal like yours. Excuse me sir but I have lost all respect for you.

I just want to say again for the 900th time:

-I am no better than anyone else and have never said that!
-If I defend myself it is because ppl are hurting myself and my friends as well as the program we work so hard for.

Please just breathe deeply and calm down....Think wouldn't you really feel offended if you were on our side? It's a direct attack we have received form certain individuals and we are also HUMAN go figure....

And Menace I think it's FPC's work to decide whether "This Clown" as you call me is suited for helping new comers and it's definitively not for you to decide.

I'm actually very sad about all of this, was really excited and happy with this new program new things to do gateway and all helping I really enjoy it but things like this bring me down especially direct attacks like that one.

Anyway cheers to all and thanks to those who support us or at least don't insult us.

If memory serves me correctly, when FPC or MA brought on-line the new New Player Gateway Island and we all got to go there to check it out and make comments. One of the more common comments was " this is great but it would be nice to have real players to ask questions to" . In fact on several occasions I seen ( old ) players helping new players even though FPC/MA had set up several training missions to start New Players on thier journey .
The place really needed a personal hands on touch.
Now FPC has set up a guide program to help bridge the gap. Choosing players that have shown in the past and present thier willingness to help. Thank you FPC and Hanne

The community asked for this the community got this .

Now lets get these new players in and start building the community back to where it used to be.

Status
Back