**OLD** -- EFD money system explained

Status

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
EntropiaForum has a money system, NO real money involved, the name of the system is EFD (Entropia Forum Dollar).

You earn EFD by starting new threads, replying to other members threads and other ways like referrals.

The amount of EFD's earned varies alot, starting a new thread gives more EFD than replying to another thread, it also depends on in which forum the thread is started, like, starting a new thread in an off topic forum would give less than starting one in a Project-Entropia related forum, the same applies when replying to a thread.

Q: So what can i use these EFD's for ?

A: well, you can spend your earned EFD's in the EntropiaForum Store (Shop) or simply stand out as one of the richest EntropiaForum members.
There you can buy yourself extra looks to your username, like, ITALIC, BOLD, a different color to your username, even glowing, or combinations of the mentioned, you can also buy a costum title.
The prices of the different things are "dynamic" and will be changed as needed.

You can even, if you can afford, change the costum title of another member, usefull if a friend of yours cant afford his/her own, or if you wanna make fun with another member, then you can change their title to something else that you choose ;)

You can also buy an Arcade Pass to be allowed to play in the Arcade.

The EFD money system makes it so noone feels left outside, the admin manually giving fancy usernames/titles to specific members can cause a bit of envy towards other members, "Hey, why havent i gotten a costum title...", this way you can buy your own username enhancements when you have deserved it (Contributed enough to the community/earned EFD's) :)

Please ask any questions you might have here.

Last edited:
ROFL!

OMG, MindBuster, you're a lunatic! :D

So where did you get the idea for EFD? Or is it a standard vbb plugin thingie? :D

Attachments

• rifles-pvp-calypso.jpg
    rifles-pvp-calypso.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
raeky said:
So where did you get the idea for EFD? Or is it a standard vbb plugin thingie? :D

Naah, it's a so called hack (modification), doesnt come with vB, none of the advanced features like arcade gallery radio fame does, i have added them to the vB system.

This is a pretty cool system.

But doesn't this encourage flooding? :)

Hehe i like this idea! :D

lol Sweet idea m8 :eek:

Who do the taxes go to when we make purchases?

Devil Doll said:
Who do the taxes go to when we make purchases?

It's planned to reward good threads with a little EFD, but for now ill just remove the tax from purchases, "arg i just bought..." you might say, no worry, price will be adjusted so it would have cost the same.

MindBuster said:
It's planned to reward good threads with a little EFD, but for now ill just remove the tax from purchases, "arg i just bought..." you might say, no worry, price will be adjusted so it would have cost the same.

It seems you have thought of everything. Great job! :D

DD
:evilking:

where can i read how many EFD i need for buying anything in the forum store?!

Yes a list of prices seem to be missing at the moment.
Fun idea though. ;)
And about spamming, its quite simple; when someone just posts crap, you warn him and if he contineus freeze his EFD account. ;)

theethernalone said:
where can i read how many EFD i need for buying anything in the forum store?!

Go to "store" and choose "U-Shop" menu :)
You will see the prices for everything, as well as the history of who has purchased what ;)

Smasher said:
Yes a list of prices seem to be missing at the moment.
Fun idea though. ;)
And about spamming, its quite simple; when someone just posts crap, you warn him and if he contineus freeze his EFD account. ;)

I've seen MB lock unnecessary posts for spamming... beware :wise:
:girl:
Otherwise, the reputation system adds to our ability as a community to somewhat "control" the kinds of posts we see here.... if some1 is always spamming stupid posts then their rep might become negative ;)

Svetlana said:
I've seen MB lock unnecessary posts for spamming... beware :wise:
:girl:
Otherwise, the reputation system adds to our ability as a community to somewhat "control" the kinds of posts we see here.... if some1 is always spamming stupid posts then their rep might become negative ;)

Haha that was a little bit of spamming your self :laugh:

So, how much EFD do I get for replying to a thread like this?

itd be nice if the amount of EFD's you get to post a thread is proportional to the amount of replies it gets rather than the fixed amount of ~20 peds (??). Might encourage constructive threads rather than all the "I need EFD's so i started a thread" ones :rolleyes: ..

Nicko :computer:

Nicko said:
itd be nice if the amount of EFD's you get to post a thread is proportional to the amount of replies it gets rather than the fixed amount of ~20 peds (??).

Who says it aint like that ? ;)

Reactions: Mud
Nicko said:
itd be nice if the amount of EFD's you get to post a thread is proportional to the amount of replies it gets rather than the fixed amount of ~20 peds (??). Might encourage constructive threads rather than all the "I need EFD's so i started a thread" ones :rolleyes: ..

Nicko :computer:
I believe it is that way.
I seem to gain EFD from my JD thread :D

very nice idea with the EFD..

I am often posting to one of the beggiest forum in my country and there is nothing like that, but it's really interesting..

how did such a thing come into your mind, MindBuster? :)

well this sounds really funny

What does EFD stand for?
Entropia Forum Dollars?

acid said:
What does EFD stand for?
Entropia Forum Dollars?

Yep, read the first post.

MindBuster said:
EntropiaForum has a money system, NO real money involved, the name of the system is EFD (Entropia Forum Dollar).

If only I could change my name to be bold :(, But if anyone could be so kind as to spare a few efd's I would be most gratefull and full rep would be added,

I can only afford an arcade pass at the moment :dunce:

I think I need to be thinking about good thread topics :tongue2:

How much does each thing cost?

Where can you se how many EFD you actually have at any given time?

Trakkur said:
Where can you se how many EFD you actually have at any given time?

Trakkur
Mature

Gender Reallife:Ingame:
Soc: nAn (nothing And nowhere)
Fame: 0 Globals 0

You have got 416 EFD!

Ah! Thank you, now I see.

Status
Back