New tool: Weapon Compare

Witte

Marauder
Society
Delta Force Elite
Vlugge Witte Harrie
I have added a new tool to compare different weapon setups. It uses the same systems as the weapon chart, the main difference is that the data is presented in a different way. It is more like Entropia Tools, although I can't exactly remember what that looked like, so any suggestions to improve are welcome. You can find the new tool here:

http://www.entropiawiki.com/WeaponCompare.aspx

Great tool!

/Wille

Thank you so much for this...

Trying some setups now to see how things work :D

+rep

Notes:

It would be handy if the weapon used max stats as standard (like on entropiatools), and you only have to manually enter numbers when this wasn't the case, makes everything quicker.

Tried testing with hit 20 and damage 26 at the P5a, and although the window told me accurately that i hadn't maxed the attacks, the final row insisted i had 52 out of 52. Maybe it would be easier to just put in hit/crit hit ability, shots and min-max damage by hand?

P.S. Don't think for a minute that this is negative critique - i am seriously considering making a shrine and praying at you every day :D

Edit: I found this archived page of entropiatools, in case it comes handy ;)
WayBack machine

P.S. Love the icons of the weapons

Last edited:
@hogfather, that was due to a bug, so that is fixed ;).

As for entering HA and damage instead of profession levels, I will look into that, however, it is not compatible with the system used for the weapon chart. If I find an easy way to do this I will implement it.

when you select any of the economy enhancers it doesnt change any of the stats :/

Looks very good.
It would be great though if we could add enhancer cost. Either by filling in markup and average uses per enhancer or just filling in the average enhancer cost per shot.

looks great !! thanks a lot for making this tool :beerchug:

regarding suggestions... if anything, the UI looks a little bit cluttered for my taste. i'm not sure how it could be improved; maybe taking out the features less used (scopes and laser as attachments, and maybe enhancers), since i believe that the tool will be used mostly to calculate the eco of maxed out L items.

so, in the "basic view", you would only have to pick weapon and amp, and enter their markup; the basic UI wuold be very clean, and then you could have some checkboxes to show/hide additional controls in case you want to add scopes/lasers, enhancers, etc...

well, just a suggestion, but the tool looks very good as it is.

Can you add a feature in which I can compare stats of one weapon I select with stats from different weapons and see some percentage?

I mean something like: weapon x is 5% more eco and has 10% more dps then weapon y.

Thank you,
Sitram

would it be possible to expand the boxes a bit? you cant see the full name on some items in the lists
also noticed some of the enhancer images are missing like the economy enhancers V thru X.. not sure about any other images missing yet.

but great tool :)

Looking sexy witte ;);)

All data is coming from the charts, so if anything is missing, images, decay info or any other stat, it means nobody has filled it in yet.

As for the suggestions, a "basic" mode seems like a good idea. I was in fact already experimenting with making the drop down lists activated by clicking on the images. I can also add a field for enhancer cost, but that would be empty by default as I do not have the data concerning how long enhancers last. If this was already figured out by someone, then I like to see it so I can implement it. As for relative values, that seems like a good idea, and not too hard to make. I could make all values relative to the selected row. I will also increase the size of the listboxes.

Last edited:
for the enhancers im not sure its possible to identify when one will break, some say if you have a larger pile of one single enhancer on your wep/tool they break less often, and vice-versa. my own personal experience, i can fire 4k-6k shots and not one enhancer breaks, but sometimes they break like crazy for no apparent reason. identifying the average for one player may be different for another.

another example my fap ek2600 is at tier 1 and ive only purchased 20 economy enhancers, and still have all 20 after 4-5 months of use.. maybe bugged but a good bug rofl

wow this is something i was missing last months !

....one thing. Why i need update skill level to maxed each time ? thats soo borong when i am comparing 20 weapons. It is possible to make maxed skil level as default ? I am suspecting that it takes my skils from entropedia base ( uploaded .csv long time ago ) today updated again, but profesion level didnt recalculated and in Weapom Compare tool i am still getting old values as default setting ( during adding new weapon )

sweet many thanks and a +rep

I have updated the tool and added the suggestions.

As for reading of profession levels, you can simply edit or remove them from the avatar professions chart. When you remove them, the default is 100.

Back