Whats the point of PK'ing?

I have pk'd 2 people today @ cnd, and with very good reason. Both the peeps in question came within a few meters of me and dropped bombs. Now I am here to mine just like they are. If you are rude, and in a zone that you can get popped, expect it. I like pk'ing those that cross me, and I am sure a lot of others enjoy it too.[br]Click to enlarge[/br][br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Edit: and here are the ones in question :cool:

I love vigilante justice :D

wanda said:
Like the time you shot me in the back when the apartments on amethera just opened - even though I asked you not to because i was getting something like 1 frame an hour? :rolleyes:

seriously though pvp in PE is pretty crap because of the have/have not situation and limited suplly of good gear.
Put simply pvp in pe = 'money talks, bullshit walks'.

Yep :D

btw who didnt kill ppl when the apartments opened.. it was almost as LG in the beginning :p

Xpl0jd said:
Yep :D

btw who didnt kill ppl when the apartments opened.. it was almost as LG in the beginning :p

That day was what pvp in pe should be - hundreds of people of all levels shooting at each other for hours and generally acting like farts.

I cant really see the point of PKing, but if someone does shoot me, I take it as part of the fun. I know i am in PVP so i figure i asked for it. :tongue2:

Just to raise a nice story, I was at Wolverine killing a few bots earlier and got killed. as i revived someone shot me and i died instantly again. I thought to myself here we go, i am just going to get killed again and agian and have to call it a night, but this time he apologised and said i revived right in front of him while he was shooting. he then fapped me back to full health. Wish i had got his name to give him some rep as a nice guy, but it shows ... PKers can be nice guys too. :D

It is too much fun, although i agree that harassing someone that does not want to be killed just for the sake of being an ass is lame. If you can make them mad killing them the first time than it is ok, because they come back to kill you : )

comparing to pk IRL, there is no point:=)
:girl: :girl:

aslong as its realistic and theres a ample "safe"zone, then im happy.

Since i´m quite new to PE i only pked someone in the ring so far, but it was fun to see who`s able to kill the other first, so i guess yes pking can be a fun activity and if i get more advanced (in 5 years or so :D ) i will probably be seen in the pvp areas now and then.
Pking someone who is obviously no match for you doesn`t seem as funny to me, but if you try to get to the HOF it's probably necessary.
The discussion if and when it is allowed to kill someone in a pvp area strikes me as a little odd.
In my opinion if you get killed in a PVP area you shouldn't whine about it.
There are enough non-pvp places for hunting etc. and there are enough possibilities to be a complete ass outside of pvp areas, so the problem isn't pvp.
If you don't go to the desert and complain about the heat, don't enter a boxing competition and complain if someone hits you, why should you whine about being pked in a PVP Area?

Only Pk I've done is a revenge on one who killed me, and the chase and lucky shot was a hell of a rush. I like the fact that that green dot on the edge of your radar is either gonna say "Hi" or "Bang". If my Avatar had a few thousand Peds on it, I'd have to have a little pop at a few "names" just to make all the extra depositing worth it... guess that's what some of these guys thought.

Also, when there's some barely-able-to-type 12 year old in disguise going ON and ON about healing him, giving him ammo, forming a hunt team, all the things you would OFFER if you felt that way inclined (which I often do, but I suffer fools badly)....It's gotta be an option. Settle things Tarantino-style, why not. Life ain't like the movies but PE can be!

Last edited:
pk'ing is like masturbation :handgun:

ur gun goes off but u really get nothing from it other than momentary satisfaction.

illusor said:

ur gun goes off but u really get nothing from it other than momentary satisfaction.

very true, as the top Pk'ers must surely be the biggest w@nkers in the game lol

illusor said:

lol i liked that one!

i like pk aswell as everyone knows.. but i give u +rep for that WAS funny!

You should be glad that it's not pvp everywhere like in many other mmorpgs.

I have done PK voluntarialy too, so far only in PVP3 and I aggree there is a huge rush, done it 4 times, killed once died the rest. The green dot on the horizon is it friend or foe, will I have time to finish off this atrax and swap my armour over b4 I find out the hard way. What kind of armour are they wearing, cant quite make it out at this range, its a nemesis harness but what about the rest? I know the rush is great and on many occasions I completely agree that pvp is just fine and pretty damn cool . . .

but

As I said at the start, and many have said throughout this thread, there is a time and a place for everything. Just because PK'ing is possible and allowed over most of Amethera dos'nt make it a good thing. During the land grab many people were completely outclassed and out gunned, ok lesson learned, that event was'nt for the pond life of Calipso but I still had a great time watching the bits I could get to and in the most part I was only shot when I started shooting (ha ha silly me ~ after that I took off my armour and became a spectator and watched the chaos unfold about me ~ lots of fun). Just killing someone (a stranger ~ I appreciate that PK'ing a friend is a little diffferent) because you can is pointless and if you want to piss someone off on the other side of the planet, well I guess its pretty effective.

Another thought has just occured to me. In PVP3 stackable inventory items are lootable, ok well thats fine, no problem loosing a bunch of skinns, but the guys with the most stackable items are miners, theyre stackable inventory items could runn into hundreds of peds (well maybe) and the best miners are not necessarly the best hunters/PK'ers. Again the odds seem a little uneven.

Have a good y'all

cyphyr

illusor said:

I'll have to remember that when I teach my next human sexuality class. :laugh:

Back