Should there be compensation?

Here's an idea - how about if everyone who used the old tiering system has to pay back all the residue they got?

I would gladly pay the residue i got back to get the 1500peds i spent on tiering one of my items. I just tiered my entire armor set for under 200peds - less that it would have cost to pay someone to click one piece.

wow, to al those who are saying "you knew the risk, you should get nothing"...

Yeah, I/we knew the risk, but such a drastic change to the system is unfair to the players!

Everything's changed now...

The stuff I already had tiered through the old system is suddenly less valuable and less unique!
The stuff I lost I may never see again, and now nobody loses their stuff anymore!

To put the old system in play, let people "use it and lose it", and then say this losing items system is necessary and spread a rumor about that fabled tier replicator that never appeared (effectively convincing the community the system would remain as is)... Then, without ANY warning!... So drastically change the system, devalue already tiered items, put tier upgraders pretty much outta business, and toss out the need for a 2nd item and chance to fail... it's entirely unfair to everybody who has tiered anything in the old system (and that's a lot!)

Sure, everyone can tier anything now... but if your skills are crap you lose a lot of mats...
So MA is basically saying...
"Screw the tier upgraders, we want all the peds for us! Everyone, go! tier! TIER!!! muahaha"
oh and...
"Oh, your tiered items lost value? Don't worry, we're making lots of extra cash now, so it's ok!"

I'm not thrilled about the idea that everyone can now tier everything, MA's taking the value from players who earned it and payed for it and they're putting it in their own pockets!

BOOOOOO!!! :broke:

No compensation whatsoever. People who lost items did so knowing full well it was a possibility. They had their compensation, they have had tiered UL items for months when the more conservative players like me refused to risk their high end items by upgrading them.

If they get compensation I want compensation for any hunting I've done at lower dps than I would have with an upgraded strikehammer for the past months. I also want compensation for ever mob I killed that didnt have loot because although I know its possible I fully expect every mob >I< kill to have loot. I also want compensation for every lottery ticket I ever bought because I only bought them thinking I would win.

Where does it stop? Anyone who upgraded under the old system knew the risks. You cant go crying now just because it changed.

I really don't want to sound rude... but at least you have the item, that you tiered.

I invested more PEDs and way more time into taming and have nothing from that since years.

I really don't want to sound rude... but at least you have the item, that you tiered.

I invested more PEDs and way more time into taming and have nothing from that since years.

I agree,

the taming situation is ... well in one word SHIT

MA introduces lots of new features whilst old ones are just being neglected ... That to me is incredibly stupid and most of all inmature

But for the tierung I can only agree with the majority of the opinions here ... Live with it, MA is not going to give something back no matter how hard you cry !!

Angel

I think a major point that everyone is overlooking is Marco's statements. In all the other system changes, we weren't told otherwise about the system first. In this special case, he made statements which were clearly posted on the forum stating a "necessary drain on the system". He also hinted at a replicator which would make us hunt for it. Both of which aren't appearing to be accurate. I'm sure he wasn't lying to us, but I also think that his statements were made without knowledge of a change that he should have been aware of.

I'm guessing this decision was made many months ago and as a community I feel many would have saved some hardship if MA had released a statement saying that it will change.

Well, I sold my weapons based on the impact of the old tiering system.
But also I didnt sell my eon (full UL set!), neither my mod fap, so... muhaha, back to eon pvp + 320 heals!

Well, I sold my weapons based on the impact of the old tiering system.
But also I didnt sell my eon (full UL set!), neither my mod fap, so... muhaha, back to eon pvp + 320 heals!

ME thinks you need to do some testing with enhancers...

No compensation whatsoever. People who lost items did so knowing full well it was a possibility.

But they don't know the system will be change like this. I think people who tier item in the old system evaluate the risk and with the increase MU of the tier take that risk. But this value is not the same with this change and it's not really fair. Nothing to see with all example in your post of some other.

I just take one of your example, the lottery ticket u know u can win or lost so u take the risk u choose the 5 numbers need for the loterie and pay the ticket.
But in the end the rules change and for win u need to choose 6 numbers. So it's normal ? It's exactly why MA has done with this update.

Player who lose item (even those who have pay material for many attemps due to the % of succes) have lost money because of the rule have change.

Now it's just one opinion (and don't forget next time u can be in the bad part), i love the new system i finally can tier my item too.

Oh and if no compensation it's will be for everyone and why hangar owner have compensation ? it's part of the game too.

Why do taming persons don't get a compensation? They built the skills because there was "more use" promised for years. now they can't use the skills at all. All the pet owners can't use their pets, not even displaying them. none of the pet buyers ever got a compensation for a useless deed they have now.

The shop owners of the old cave didn't get compensation for two years, maybe you just need to wait three or five years? Hmm... maybe I just need to lean back and get a bunch of PEDs from MA in 2015 for my taming...

The compensation is already in place!

The ones who lost big items/PED using the old Tier system, would most probably continue to lose big items/PED, should the system continue as it was.
MA has now eliminated that huge future loss for you guys.
That's your compensation right there!!!

the BIG question though is if recycling the items was not/is not as important as Marco made it out to be, WHERE IN THE HECK DID THOSE ITEMS GO THAT GOT LOST/recycled?!?...

the BIG question though is if recycling the items was not/is not as important as Marco made it out to be, WHERE IN THE HECK DID THOSE ITEMS GO THAT GOT LOST/recycled?!?...

Why doesn't this thread have a POLL?

BTW, I want compensation for telling MindArk how to create the Repair Tool.

Saying that taming or coloring should get compensation too is ignoring the facts. I'm not saying there weren't other times where compensation was justified. I think others should have been compensated. The fact I emphasize is the level of trust players can have in a system that was explained to be "needed". We were told first hand by the company of its intentions, then none of it remained true.

There will come a time when being bent over will turn into being the bender if they are not careful.

I think a major point that everyone is overlooking is Marco's statements. In all the other system changes, we weren't told otherwise about the system first. In this special case, he made statements which were clearly posted on the forum stating a "necessary drain on the system". He also hinted at a replicator which would make us hunt for it. Both of which aren't appearing to be accurate. I'm sure he wasn't lying to us, but I also think that his statements were made without knowledge of a change that he should have been aware of.

I'm guessing this decision was made many months ago and as a community I feel many would have saved some hardship if MA had released a statement saying that it will change.

Very well stated! I mentioned in another post about them not telling the community about it or updating that he gave wrong info. Yes, I've been praying to be the first person to loot that replicator for awhile now. Guess your couch is safe? :laugh:

Hugz

MA has changed the game in the past, and I have been screwed, and I didn't get compensation then.

I spent what was, to me at the time, a LOT of peds on mad4+dante only to have that destroyed.

I spent again a lot of money on "full" Angel only to have it turned into a partial set when footguards came in.

I thought both changes sucked at the time, but I did what I needed to do.

And yes, maybe Marco said some things that didnt quite work out, but he DID hint that the system would change removing the chance of losing the second item. Removing the requirement is basically no different from them introducing a looted component or a bp to create an 'item replicator'. If they had done that everyone would have cheered, but since they didnt do it exactly like that everyone is upset. Are people mad cause they wanted to RP having a replicator? :scratch2: :laugh:

MA has changed the game in the past, and I have been screwed, and I didn't get compensation then.

I spent what was, to me at the time, a LOT of peds on mad4+dante only to have that destroyed.

I spent again a lot of money on "full" Angel only to have it turned into a partial set when footguards came in.

I thought both changes sucked at the time, but I did what I needed to do.

And yes, maybe Marco said some things that didnt quite work out, but he DID hint that the system would change removing the chance of losing the second item. Removing the requirement is basically no different from them introducing a looted component or a bp to create an 'item replicator'. If they had done that everyone would have cheered, but since they didnt do it exactly like that everyone is upset. Are people mad cause they wanted to RP having a replicator? :scratch2: :laugh:

people are mad because they lost expensive items
people are mad because they invested in their equipment and their tiered items are devalued overnight!
people are mad because they invested in tiering businesses and MA is now taking their business away

I'll say it again... MA is taking all the hard earned/spent peds the players invested in the old tiering system and lining their own pockets with it!!! They spill misleading info into the community and then pull a switch-a-roo on the system designed solely to fatten their own wallets, which in my opinion are fat enough that they don't need to take in this way from the players who are supporting their game/company!!!

If they had made the system as it is now originally, it's likely there would be no complaints!
But to put the old system in place for a long time and then, without warning, switch to this system?!
It's taking advantage of people and ripping them off!

If hangar owners get compensation, tier victims should get compensation!

Last edited:
people are mad because ... the players invested ... and then, without warning ... ripping them off! ...

fear not, the history is simply (dynamically) repeating itself again. just to pick out any example, remember, once upon a time, people had full sets and then something long awaited arrived finally, in amounts unseen and nowhere to put... many other things changed over night without (how to put it softly) caring about the customer. this time at least the clients were warned they risk. if I would have bought my first full armor set with a warning there's a chance of it not being complete some day, I would have hunted butt nakkid!

as I said already, I am slightly sorry for those who took the risk and lost (item, insurance or any other way). I simply can not see much point taking such risks myself in this crazy world since VU8.4 when it all started stinking investment wise... =) fun? yes, that can be taken for as much as your ped card allows, but investment is always a risk, so next time you do an investment in an environment with no warranties except tt, be sure to evaluate the win/loss ratio suitable...

:popcorn:

J.

If hangar owners get compensation, tier victims should get compensation!

I think the difference is that hanger owners dont even have hangers. The people who tier'd items had a choice, hangers owners dont have anything to make a choice with.

I owned a 6 parts eon set, most parts sga, i sold it because i didnt think there was any chance of tiering it up. But, that was my decision and I dont expect compensation.

i am a bit upset that i had spent so much in insurance on tiered items... 40k peds down the drain... if i had known they were going to change the system i would have waited... i thought replicator was coming... so i didnt see a need to wait... but now they changed the system completely i feel cheated...

ya all the crap that will be slung my way... but wont change how i feel... compensation will NOT come... but it would feel better to get my 40k peds back ;)

another funny thing in this thread about example taken (some have a short memory i think)

The foot guard example another bad one some have receive a compensation for that ... poe owner get free foot

In the past compensation has been give for massive change in system like the change of the craft system.
For those who not be here at this time or don't remember

This change is unique in all the history of eu because all other don't go against ma (or officiel) statement. In this case the change is the opposite of the Marco post (who talk officially in forum).

Now compensation can be done in multiple way but i'm sure it will be better for the player base to get something. Just think of all middle player who lose item because they trust the Marco world, i don't think a lot of them continue in same way maybe not quit the game but stop deposit and invest. And in the end all this give a bad view of the ma company for future investor.

fear not, the history is simply (dynamically) repeating itself again. just to pick out any example, remember, once upon a time, people had full sets and then something long awaited arrived finally, in amounts unseen and nowhere to put... many other things changed over night without (how to put it softly) caring about the customer. this time at least the clients were warned they risk. if I would have bought my first full armor set with a warning there's a chance of it not being complete some day, I would have hunted butt nakkid!

as I said already, I am slightly sorry for those who took the risk and lost (item, insurance or any other way). I simply can not see much point taking such risks myself in this crazy world since VU8.4 when it all started stinking investment wise... =) fun? yes, that can be taken for as much as your ped card allows, but investment is always a risk, so next time you do an investment in an environment with no warranties except tt, be sure to evaluate the win/loss ratio suitable...

:popcorn:

J.

I couldn't have said it better my self. Yes I do have sympathy for those that lost big items, I myself have a item with a huge MU and never once thought of teiring it up with a chance of losing it. I don't have the cash flow to make that kinda mistake and I was fine with that. For those that took the risk and lost I am sorry but you knew the risk and you gambled on it and now you want it back well the only way I could see MA/FPC giving back the items that I could agree with is if they offered the same as if you had TTed it by accident.

No, I don't think there should be a compensation, but that's easy for me to say,
since I haven't lost a lot on this.
I do have some stuff I want to be tiered up, but since I go for the
"never spend more than you can afford to lose", I haven't done any
tiering yet.
Imo, more ppl should have this as a guidance too...

Last edited:
another funny thing in this thread about example taken (some have a short memory i think)

The foot guard example another bad one some have receive a compensation for that ... poe owner get free foot

In the past compensation has been give for massive change in system like the change of the craft system.

This change is unique in all the history of eu because all other don't go against ma (or officiel) statement. In this case the change is the opposite of the Marco post (who talk officially in forum).

Now compensation can be done in multiple way but i'm sure it will be better for the player base to get something. Just think of all middle player who lose item because they trust the Marco world, i don't think a lot of them continue in same way maybe not quit the game but stop deposit and invest. And in the end all this give a bad view of the ma company for future investor.

so the teir upgraders are going to get compensated and return everything to every customer right? lol

apples and oranges

kosmos

No one forced any hands. People who took the risk and lost items themselves, or justified the cost to use a "service" were fully aware when doing so.

It seems like the majority of complaints pertain to the latter scenario, in which case I'd say you paid a luxury price and were in turn able to enjoy tiered items before the rest of the community...

At the time that the item was tiered the person taking the risk thought that they were fully aware of what they were doing. In fact they were not. Players were led to believe that the tiering system was in place and that everyone was, and always would be, under the same rules and requirements. Until yesterday's update we all believed that the tiering system would remain the same, with perhaps a few minor tweaks here and there.

If there had been any real suspicion that the system would be completely altered everyone would have waited. I doubt MA/FPC knew in advance that they would eventually change the system. If they had, then they should replace lost items, as they knowingly sat back and watched players risk and in some cases loose very valuable items.

If however the system was never intended to be changed in this way then the responsibility for taking the risk does rest solely with the players who chose to tier upgrade their item. The risk for them seemed worth taking at the time, because they hoped to add a higher level of rarity to a special and sometimes unique item. Now everyone's tier upgraded item is no more special or unique than anyone else with the same item.

The change might be good for the in-game economy, but better planning and now taking responsibility for your actions comes into play. But by whom?

MA/FPC just realized that some uber players were making alote of PED with all the tiers process.

So, in view of the coming Christmas, MA/FPC thought that this would be a huge revenue to pay the allowance to all MA/FPC staff next Christmas. (they need new cars and castles c'mon!)

Just imagine the revenue of yesterday.

And yes we are fucking puppets on MA/FPC hands.

The only people who really lost something are the people who tried to tier their own Items by themselves,

I've lost 2 Power Claws ME, while being severely intoxicated on mind altering drugs, should I blame the System?

I've also used the proper player provided Services to tier my stuff, ~15k ped in insurance fees, do I regret it? No way! I'm quite happy that there was such a service provided. Yes, I've paid a premium, but It was pretty fun running around with a higher damage weapon and being able to skill with it. Maybe I could've lost it, but then, there were other items, which were being moved for much cheaper then for what they were previously sold for.

But, there's always, BUT, I DO think it was extremely inappropriate and pain dumb of Marco to speculate and mislead people about the possible existence of replicators, being in his position. When in real word some things cannot just be made-up, ingame - its all made up and plausible and people did believe him. I'm sure the majority of Upgrade Service providers were skilling up to loot one of these Replicators, which do not exist.

Actually, MA's got the replicator now, and they rent it out for a fee.

Some

Wow didn't know about the compensation thing. And, lol @ option 1 & 2 vs option 4 & 5. Was Paladin armor really that good back then...? :scratch2:

Back