Question: If you could only own 6 sets of armor and 4 sets of plates what would they be?

Ashmo

Old
Society
Laudanum
Wahiahawi Ashley Mendoza
I am a newer player to this game and I have decided that I would like to start to build an armor collection as I really like the idea of having varied protection for many different mobs. While I eventually plan to get as many sets of armor and plates as possible I would like to start with the ones that are the most useful.

So If you could only chose 6 sets of armor and 4 sets of plates for your entire EU what ones would you chose?

that solely depends on your budget ...

I never use armour so I rather get a decent gun to kill fast enough :)

pixie
gremlin
shogun
polaris (L)
salamander
phantom/ghoul/jag

2a, 6a, 5a, 5b

Lets see.. carramone, eon SGA, sentinel, chronicle, shadow and supremacy.

And 8a sga, 7a sga, 3e and 2e

Personally I like having the following:

Armor Sets:
Ghost (Electric, Stab, Cut and Impact protection)
Shogun (burn and penetration)
Gremlin/Goblin (Acid, Stab, Cut and Impact Protection)
Pixie (Low Cost, Cut and Impact)
Kolbald (Cold and Impact)

Plates:

6A (More Burn and Penetration)
5B (Stab, cut, Impact)

Mix the plates with the above armor combos and you can take on almost any low to mid level mobs and some specialized high end mobs.

Good luck

Gremlin or Ghost is all you really need... maybe if you want lower cost suits go with gnome and rascal for different reasons (rascal for bots)... ok guess that's 4... so why not go also with the (L) bodyguard for 5 since someone here has a "lifetime" deal on it to replace the parts if they break on you (which they will eventually), so that's 5... and for the 6th... hmm.. have to probably say Kobold for cold or some uber armor once you can afford it.

If you do buy gremlin - watch the auction since you can get it fairly cheap there sometimes. As for Ghost, head to the PA mall. I'm ALWAYS surprised how much more ghost costs in auction vs in the PA mall. I think a lot of resellers buy here and sell on auction for a quick profit? No idea why everyone falls for it, but many seem to.

As for plates, 5b and 6a are what most go for... Might not hurt to get something for cold though, and maybe even for electric protection and/or 3b or something similar that's a bit more economic then 6a

For a low-skilled player:

Pixie
Goblin
Shogun
Kobold
Guardian
Explorer

2a, 6a, 5a, 5b

When you have better skills, add Gremlin, Ghost, Vigilante to the list.

Your last and only armor is Gremlin which won't cost you your yearly income. Anything else you can make up with skills. :D

If you want another armor add Rascal for best lowcost imp protection with 2a plates.

Rascal
Gremlin
Polaris l
Salamander
Ghoul
Hermes/infiltrator l

This Will allow u to pvp and hunt almost anything with The right skills ofc.

hmm 6 armor sets:
-pixie
-kobold
-shogun
-gremlin
-vigi
-ghost

-plates: 2a 5a 5b 6a

Though probably 4 armor sets ad 6 sets of plates would be a better choice

As I have also gone down the same route before you OP :D

I can't decide as I have amassed a large collection of armours & plates and love each one differently. Won't tell you what I have either, lets just say I need another 5 things to complete what I'm after, anything else is just extras :)

Anyhow I guess I could recommend

For armour: Gremlin, Ghost, Warrior, Vigilante, Gnome, & Kobold
For plates: 6A, 6B, 5A, 5B

Hope this helps you out. Also check out this tool http//www.entropiawiki.com/ArmorAdviser.aspx Couldn't possibly function without it, one of the best tools in our community.

Last edited:
Lets see.. carramone, eon SGA, sentinel, chronicle, shadow and supremacy.

And 8a sga, 7a sga, 3e and 2e

Yup that would be my choice as well, nice selection that i will never see :(

CRA armor def. It is a well balanced light jag. Maybe jag bit better but if I could get shadow yeah well sure I take that.

plates 5b and 6a maybe some electric thingi

Angel SGA, Gremlin SGA, Martial SGA, Jaguar SGA, Eon SGA, and.....idk...

5B mentor......and....idk

First Wellcome to Entropia :)

For a new player i say get a Goblin and 2 A plates and u are good to go for a long wile ;)

Add plates to it:5B,6B,6A depending what mob to hunt.

For more serious Robot hunting:Then maybe a Vigi+6A plates.

Ghost+5B for Atrox,Atrax and more

There is a set of armour and plates that will last u a long time for sure.
If u like some better look at some L armour then imo.

Good luck :)

For some time now I've had my full Vigilante set with 5B Plates.

At least until I can afford something better; I would love to have full Martial (Martial SGA Edition a HUEG plus) with my 5B's too. Might have to settle for a set of Nemesis next though, if the numbers all play out for higher level atroxes.

I did have 6A's with the vigi when I was hunting higher class bots.

I only really hunt Atrox Atrax and Argo's now, though. I need to make more money than I have been to be able to get some new armor coming in.

Armor
  1. Goblin
  2. Kobold
  3. Shogun
  4. Vigi
  5. Gremlin
  6. Ghost
Plates
  1. 5A (impact+cut)
  2. 5B (impact+cut+stab)
  3. 6A (burn+penetration)
  4. 6B (electric+slight impact)

That combo will cover you for every mob from beginner well into upper-mid level and even higher. (This is essentially the exact sets I've lived off of for the past 4 years.) Just work your way up the list. When you have a full set, work on the next one.

Some may question the goblin, but it's more versatile then many think. It covers your snable hunting. It has nice impact, covering many beginner mobs (exo, berry, etc.). It has zero cut/stab, meaning you can stick 5Bs on it and hunt small ripper snappers with cheap armor cost. (great for evade skilling). There are other tricks you can do w/ it.

I could cover details about each set, but better for you to compare the hit info of the mobs you want to hunt vs the armor stats, all listed on Entropedia.

Settler - have
Valiant - have
Gnome - have
Boar - have
Angel - have
Supremacy - don't have

5a - have
5b - have
6a - have
5b ME - don't have

Some

Gremlin
Ghost
Vigilante
Pixie
Martial
Thunderbird

5B, 2A, 6A, 6B plates

Hunter/1a for argo
hunter/2a for small trox, other impact, cut, and or stab mobs
hunter/3b for small bots

bear/5b for bigger impact/cut/stab mobs
bear/5b for feffoid or other cold mobs
bear/6a for bigger bots

Boar(L)
Polaris(L)
Thunderbird(L)
Martial(L)
Hermes(L)
something uber.

5AB 6AB i guess

I have many sets, spent ages finding the right armours for hunting, what I have found has made the biggest difference is chipping evade and building up health points. Maybe save for a high end armour like Jaguar, Tiger or Angel.

Cheers
Bjorn

Quote below a good one to start with depending on your skills.

There are many variations that may suit you and these will change as your skills rise.

Start with something like below and experience and research will enable you to build a collection to be proud of.

Also keep in mind that Evade and Dodge will be your best protection :D and affect the armor you will need.

Jung

Just read Bjorn's post above as I posted he is spot on :)

First Wellcome to Entropia :)

For a new player i say get a Goblin and 2 A plates and u are good to go for a long wile ;)

Add plates to it:5B,6B,6A depending what mob to hunt.

For more serious Robot hunting:Then maybe a Vigi+6A plates.

Ghost+5B for Atrox,Atrax and more

There is a set of armour and plates that will last u a long time for sure.
If u like some better look at some L armour then imo.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
I am a newer player to this game and I have decided that I would like to start to build an armor collection as I really like the idea of having varied protection for many different mobs. While I eventually plan to get as many sets of armor and plates as possible I would like to start with the ones that are the most useful.

So If you could only chose 6 sets of armor and 4 sets of plates for your entire EU what ones would you chose?

I think this is the wrong way to go about it. You should pick the armors based on what you hunt, and how much protection you really need - which btw, will change over time and depends on your choice of weapons and your defencive profession standings. You will mainly get suggestions that reflect the mobs that the repliers hunt, which might not be the same ones you will ever want to hunt.

Some of very useful armors to have are :
  • Bodyguard(L)
    Its the armor that lets you hunt the small mobs while needing only your natural regen for healing.​
  • Goblin
    Excellent impact+acid armor, and very respectable impact only armor too.​
  • Kobold
    Its an excellent impact+cut armor. It also gives you both cold and burn protection​
  • Shogun
    Its the main impact/cut/stab armor everybody is wearing (even if not always sensibly) and also gives you a fairly respectable level of burn+penetration protection.​

Now, the problem with this list is that - in many cases you would want to use something else. If you hunt toughter impact/cut mobs or want more burn protection, you would want rascal instead of kobold, esp if you don't hunt Feffoids. You might want pioneer(l) instead of bodyguard(l). Instead of Shogun, you might want Hunter/Knight or Warrior / Explorer (or one of both alternatives).

I don't think theres a point in listing plate sets.

the kobold SGA that I use everyday

pote.. the red one with acid protection

sentinel SGA.. my dream..

5b's and 6a's

Im not a collector so I will be fine with those 3 sets :p

omitting armors set simply because they are worth a ton of money....

6 Armors: (EDITED by me)
Eon (sga) (dream armor) or Salamander sga
Gremlin
Dragon
Viking
Jaguar sga
Rascal

plates:
6a, 8a, ?, ?

get Gremlin

and yeah, thats probably all you will need

get Gremlin

and yeah, thats probably all you will need
agreed.... and if you start thinking about the others, just remember you are not made out of peds... You won't even have to get the "blues" about it because you already will be blue.

agreed.... and if you start thinking about the others, just remember you are not made out of peds... You won't even have to get the "blues" about it because you already will be blue.

agreed. gremlin is great all around armor.

but i hate wearing something called 'gremlin'.
i seriously avoid collecting it due to its name

Gremlin armor, keep it full trade terminal value, that will make it protect fully, get a set of 8A (L) and 7A (L) plates with it, that setup will keep you going for a long time, you will be able to hunt a big variety of mobs, animals and robots, basically everything.

When you feel like upgrading try out a set of Martial (L) armor, it protect really good, but decay gets more expensive as the armor is getting better. If you can not afford to use Martial you wont be able to afford use anything above Gremlin. (P.S. (L) armor is decaying lot less than unlimited armors).

You might wanna use Thunderbird (L) and Polaris (L) for certain mobs, you are lucky, those armors are able to be picked up in auction for around no mark up at all.

My opinion.

Back