Name that Asteroid and win 5000 peds!!!

Status

pesok

Old Alpha
Society
CCCP
John Foma Kalun
Here is the promised thread on naming the Asteroid (CND). First of all i get a lot of requests on leaving the name as it is now. Unfortunately due to NeverDie being a trademarked and copyrighted name of John NeverDie Jacobs i cannot use it or any portion of the term NeverDie (including abbreviation ND). Now that we got that out of the way - i need a new name. I decided the best way to get players motivated and perhaps even excited about the new Asteroid and all the upcoming changes/improvements- is to let you pick the name. The rules are quite simple:

Top Prize of 5000 peds(1) + the fame of giving a name to the greatest place in any Virtual Universe! will go to anyone whose name idea I end up picking as the new name for the Asteroid. Name will have to be used in its entirety and unmodified - just as you post below in this thread.

Runner Up prize of 100 to 4000 peds(could be several if top prize goes unclaimed) will go to anyone if i end up using any portion of the suggested name (not including regular words like asteroid, of, federation, paradise and so on - but unique/interesting combinations of them will be considered)-amount will be picked by me depending on how much of your idea i have used in the creation of the final name for the Asteroid and how excited i am about it at the moment.

Perfect name ideally would summarize the "why Asteroid is such a great place" idea and would have to be Unique sounding and inviting!

The names i have came up with so far (in the period of 6 month while negotiating the "deal") if you like any of them or au contraire think they are stupid - all comments are appreciated and i promise my feelings will not get hurt :) :

Abbreviation of F.o.M.A. which could stand for(feel free to suggest your own):
1) First Online Multiplayer Asteroid
2) Federation of Multidome Alliances
3) or variation of above two such as Federated Online MultiDome Alliance

4) Black(or Raw) Diamond Planet(or Asteroid)
5) United Biodome Planet(or Federation)
6) Miners Paradise Union
7) Utopia
8) New Earth Federation
9) New World Order Planet(or Federation)
10) VIP Space Resort
11) Utopian Federation
12) The Rock - unless its copyrighted by WWE or warner brothers
13) United Biodomes of Utopia
14) variation of any of the above

And yes - i like federation/federated - mostly because it sounds grand

UPDATE 12/17/2010
New Name has been chosen, thank you for all contributions(wish i could have few names but only needed 1) -see the list of winners in the post below.
Please +rep if you liked this event, if i get enough of reps i will sponsor more free events in the future!

F.O.M.A. - Fortuna
Federated Orbital Multidome Asteroid (is official-but feel free to make ur own:) - Fortuna(mythology goddess of fortune)

Last edited:
Winners List

Winners list (in the order of appearance). Ideas are rewarded if they were found in any way contibuting to the sucess of this competition(even if they didn't go into creation the final name).

1st place winner - a 4 year EU resident - Nadya Nadezda Nadya for casually blabbing out a name that became a final name--- New MIS Laptop(wouldn't take the money), thank you Adeli!

Since the 1st place winner doesnt have an account in Forums(but a 4 year veteran of EU/EP) i decided to increase the prize money allocated for this event and award 2nd prize among posters here that somehow guided me and apparently her in picking the final name!

--Name------Page of Winning Entry---------------Reason---------------------------Reward

Hellraizer------------(page 1)------------1st person with a suggestion---------------------------- 20 peds
Hideo----------------(page 3)------------1st person to suggest "Orbital" ------------------------- 150 peds
ACEwoK-------------(page 5)------------1st person to give idea to use mythology in name---- 70 peds
GradenFoss-------- (page 6)------------1st person to suggest "Fomalhaut"---------------------- 35 peds
Menace--------------(page 16)-----------For putting in work to create amazing poster!--------- 70 peds
Chazlow-------------(page 23)----------- Poster of Titan looked simple yet impressive--------- 30 peds
SunnyS--------------(page 24)-----------1st(and only) person to suggest name "Pandora"----- 30 peds
Djinn-----------------(multiple pages)----most of your ideas really resonated with me--------- 50 peds
Bear-----------------(page 35)------------comic releif - "special foam":wtg:----------------------- 25 peds
AxeMurderer-------(page 41)------------"I want free ticket to this piece of sh.. rock"---------- 25 peds
Dalas----------------(page 46)------------1st person to suggest "Fortuna"----------------------- 400 peds
Audrey Cheerful---(page 49)------------term "Fomalhaut" definition----------------------------- 25 peds
Slupor---------------(page 59)------------1st person to find the hidden anagram---------------- 50 peds
Kyo------------------(page 68)------------1st person to suggest "Capital"------------------------ 30 peds
Lugzan--------------(page 101)-----------comic relief---------------------------------------------- 25 peds
Parlog---------------(page 121)-----------quite a poet!--------------------------------------------- 25 peds
Meculus-------------(page 145)-----------comic relief - you think he would?--------------------- 25 peds
Sebulba Dragon----(page 154)-----------some1 still remembers 1st man in space :dunce:--------- 40 peds
Burnsey-------------(page 173)-----------love the logo idea!-------------------------------------- 55 peds
J.B.Cash------------(page 190)-----------basic structure :wise:------------------------------------- 60 peds
Strash---------------(page 190)-----------play on words with bullseye point-------------------- 35 peds
CuilwenOnnedhie--(page 194)-----------Last person with the suggestion----------------------- 20 Peds
Hanne-(page 195)-For work on making the greatest place in the universe possible!--a Hug(unique item):yay:
Tass-----------------(page196)------------Being so close(new name event)--------------------- 25 peds
Sync-----------------(page 199)-----------same reason as above-------------------------------- 25 peds
mRsage-------------(page 201)-----------Winner of "ID the new name" Event------------------ 80 peds

How to collect you prize reward: Since there are quite a lot of winners you can collect in these ways ONLY(please no Forum PMs):
1) If you have me on ingame FL - just PM me
2) I will post here the times(calypso-will try to accommodate all time zones) and locations(Calypso/Amethera/Fortuna) where i will be giving out rewards when online

Location/Time:
1) Completed
2) Completed
3) Completed
Back from unexpected family trip(had a 1 hour notice b4 the flight and ready to resume the giveaways
4) Completed
5) Completed
6) Completed
7) Completed
8) Completed
9) Time of revision of this post - Cape Corinth(inside near the auction/craft machine)

sorry about formatting

Last edited:
The Rock :)

E: I dont think copyright will be problem, as both words "The" and "Rock" are common words

Wikipedia says:
A generic term is the common name for the products or services in connection with which it is used, such as "salt" when used in connection with sodium chloride. A generic term is not capable of serving the essential trademark function of distinguishing the products or services of a business from the products or services of other businesses, and therefore cannot be afforded any legal protection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_distinctiveness#Generic_marks

Last edited:
First Asteroid (FA) or was this Shortcut for Fun Asteroid ;-)

Greetings - Zwarka

FomaKal Asteroid Complex. :3

CLUB MINERS DREAM ! CMD!

which is very close to ex cnd exname. So everybody will know what this place mean. For old and very old players..and for new ones..who will know is a dream paradise for all miners in entropia:). And it is a miners paradise after all:wtg:

Gl and congratulation for the new owner:) and for the new miners dream place:)

my first thought but possible copyright issues? So I will go with

Asteroid Complex

/edit dang you formakat by time i wikepedia it all anywho guess mine the same without the name infront of it /edit

Rock Of Dreams

(ROD)

because it truly is the place where the dreams comes true.

Club Conquest.

:laugh:

Last edited:
Beyond the Ozone Resort

The Domes

Gl to all participants. :)

Last edited:
Planetary Entertainment Domes or PED foe short : )

GoldenSwirl Asteroid Resort! :wtg:

AstroClub, or Club Asteroid? :silly2:

Miners Rock? :dunno:

oh!

"Fomas Domas" or "Fomas Biodomas" :yay:

That rock
That asteroid
Blackrock
SeismicRock
Seismic Boom
Seismic Disturbance
Asteroid Home

hmm well there are a few :p

Fame on Mining Asteroid (FoMA) ;)

Miner's Agenda
Or even
The FoMA- The Federation of Miner's Agenda

The Crack Rock

Because it's for addicts :p

here are my suggestions
  • Fabulous Orbital Mining Adventure
  • Villa Straylight(might be copyright protected) :scratch2:
  • Federated Orbital Multidome Arcade/Arcologies
  • Magnificent Miners Manor/Mansion (if u go for the alliterations)
  • Foma´s Futuristic Federation :lolup:
  • Orbital Recreation Area/Asteroid

Last edited:
Dome Paridise , Domes of Paridise, Miners Paridise, Home of the Dasp!, Uber mining and Dasp Dreamland, Uber asteroid, Land of Ubers!, Uber Domes, Mining Paridise,

Status
Back