Entropia Universe 11.4.4 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
New Features

Dynamic Content Distribution Release Step 1

The Entropia Universe content is continually increasing due to the expansion of Entropia Universe. This makes it necessary to make the download process smoother.

In this release, we have implemented the Dynamic Content Distribution, step 1. The overall download process has been optimized to achieve faster download speed of a new release as well as faster download speed of the full client compared to previous behavior. The optimization mainly consists of new technology that enables accelerated download and the introduction of dynamic download.

In the Client Loader tools (click the Tools button in the bottom right corner, next to the Launch button), there is a new tab, called Folders. Here you can choose the folder to where the Entropia Universe content will be dynamically downloaded. The default folder setting is designed to work well with Windows Vista and Windows 7 UAC as well as with Windows XP.

Note: If you have Windows Vista or Windows 7 and have installed Entropia Universe to Program Files - as default, all game content will be moved to your local public folder (i.e. "c:\users\public\Entropia Universe"). If you want to keep your client in Program Files, perform the following instructions:

1. Click the Tools button in the Client Loader (next to the Launch button).
  2. Select the Folders tab.
  3. Select desired Content Folder (type path or use Browse).
  4. Click Ok. The download will start over.
There will be a Dynamic Content Distribution step 2, that will improve the download process further. For example, there will be support for content download while logged in; you can log in to one planet while downloading other planets' content.

Fixed Issues

• Proteron DNA functioning again.
Known Issues

• The progress bar and time remaining is not functioning correctly. The progress bar can visually be fully loaded while there still is content left to download. If you close the Client Loader and open it up again, the progress bar will function correctly.
  • Stability problems.
  • Some shaders (i.e. color and texture) may have increased loading time the first time it is loaded after this release.
  • The grip on most two-handed tools is visually faulty, but they still function correctly.

Originally posted here

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I hope the next step is, that we can choose, what updates we would like to download. I mean, if I play only on Planet Calypso, I don't want to dl every update for Rocktropia and so on.

But the dynamic feature is a bit... disturbing^^

I hope the next step is, that we can choose, what updates we would like to download. I mean, if I play only on Planet Calypso, I don't want to dl every update for Rocktropia and so on.

But the dynamic feature is a bit... disturbing^^

I think that is what this change is to do with, dont know if Hanne or any other FPC person can confirm this?

It's a good change if so, not everyone will want a 30 gig Entropia Universe on their HD.

UNREACHABLE
MISS
This download didn't carry any content!
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
UNREACHABLE

Last edited:
Doesn't say anything about the text align bug.

:(

As for "dynamic downloads" I wonder if they will use something like bit torrent to spread the load around in the future.

Don't let the word "Dynamic" scare you too much ;)

That is the plan, good sir, that is the plan.

No folder tab in tools yet :scratch2:

No folder tab in tools yet :scratch2:

The update isn't done yet. Its estimated the servers will go up again at 12:00 UTC, after which you can download the patch. So ~1 hr left.

will this download method prevent rocktopia going offline if its a fpc update?

Someone at MA got a serious crush on the word "dynamic" try his site for some creative enlightenment. www.abbreviations.com

So get the servers up!!

I want tanks, patrol boats, lunar landers and PVP fortress !!

I agree some definition in download is great.
I'd love to tracert > from Australia and figure a bit more with you.

I like the idea of downloading only planets that you need - and even better would be to play on one whilst the other was down for maintenance. 15 min warning - tp to another planet and keep playing :)

UNREACHABLE
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
MISS
UNREACHABLE
:laugh: buahahahahahah :laugh:

waste of time ... i always download the updates with full speed lol

ppl who dont just need to downgrade there connection to match MA´s speed lol

The update isn't done yet. Its estimated the servers will go up again at 12:00 UTC, after which you can download the patch. So ~1 hr left.

Was there any Calypso content? Or is this purely MA update?

Was there any Calypso content? Or is this purely MA update?

This is an MA update. It is possible some things will be in there to make things work better (like the force-chat-channel could be for that, since it still wasn't described), or that they secretly will put some stuff in there anyway, but it is intended to be purely MA.

edit: Darn Hanne, don't use short sentences to beat the jotbot! :)

•Proteron DNA functioning again.

There's the "Calypso content" :D
Not much but it's ok. Any news for the next wave of new Mind Force items? After 23th?
Ahhh, the waiting..

In the release notes, Known issues has been edited, the known issue from before has been removed, and replaced with:

The grip on most two-handed tools is visually faulty, but they still function correctly.

awesome....
now we can download it faster then before....
saves us what.. maybe an hour?
arent there other things to adress and improve, instead of caring much about download speed?

sorry for the whine....
MA is doin ok, when it comes to improving atm..
seems a bit useless imho atm to have the servers offline now for this update...

Sammy out.

:)

hmmmmmmmm dunno dunno i guess i will do some mess for sure! i know me.

awesome....
now we can download it faster then before....
saves us what.. maybe an hour?
arent there other things to adress and improve, instead of caring much about download speed?

sorry for the whine....
MA is doin ok, when it comes to improving atm..
seems a bit useless imho atm to have the servers offline now for this update...

Sammy out.

:)

yeah that's what I am thinking... I mean even my cheap accomodation here has 4mb/sec dowload for the update so I mean I might save a few minutes with some updates but what's the point? I want content or I won't play. I think that is a rule of thumb for most MMOs so why not for EU? :(

Pretty pls, make an option to NOT download content while being ingame or adjust max download speed..
Some ppl like to play lagfree depending on what they are doing at that moment :)

Back