Land grabs?? a thing of the past?

Salty Grimyth

Dominant
Society
I Dunno Why
Grimyth Salty qq
Do you think they will ever implement a LG again? I think that you will just see new LA's offered up for people to invest (spend Peds) Also with the introduction of more LA's I would hope for new mobs, as more area to explore will have an obvious effect on taxes collected by current LA owners. Hopefully at some point the will be able to attract more players to the game. I would love to see them issue a game package for say 19.99 that is sold at Best Buy wal-mart etc, that has really good instructions and when you DL the game from the disk it will include say 200 PED just to help people who are noobs to the game get a good jump start. I just like the idea of more people knowing about and playing the game.

Well as to not stray to far off of the subject... Do you think we will see them again?

Grim~

MindArk already stated somewhere that they are working to "improve" the landgrab idea. so maybe its in our future along with our beacon missions, face masks, and taming

i dont think is a thing of the past. It is one of the best events ingame...who keep the socs togheter and provide alot of fun , fight and preparations. Will never disipear...if you ask me.

[ I would love to see them issue a game package for say 19.99 that is sold at Best Buy wal-mart there best buys and walmarts in sweden? :confused:

Last edited:
i dont think is a thing of the past. It is one of the best events ingame...who keep the socs togheter and provide alot of fun , fight and preparations. Will never disipear...if you ask me.

Landgrabs were never meant to give societies a way to have a lot of 'fun.'

Landgrabs were meant to give MA a sudden influx of cash.

You see, MA would spend a little time making some digital pixels. Then player would burn a lot of decay fighting over those pixels. Since decay=money for MA they were very happy.

Then a few players thought to themselves, why fight over the pixels?

They formed an alliance and then one day there was a landgrab and no one fight a shot.

The players decided who would get which pieces of land and MA didn't make any money.

And MA was sad.

Now MA will not have a Landgrab because as it is currently designed they cannot make money.

So, they will change the Landgrab. Not so people can have fun. So they can make a lot of money.

actually, Marco commented that they did in fact NOT get more money during landgrabs than during any other day...

which makes sense really, as most of the ppl participating in LG would hunt/pvp/mine/etc otherwise

We just have to wait and see, i hope they dont change a thing... This time i bet warants and other socs will form a counter alliance and fight back, would be a massive war with loads of fun and an unforseable outcome.

[ I would love to see them issue a game package for say 19.99 that is sold at Best Buy wal-mart there best buys and walmarts in sweden? :confused:

I dont know what type of retail stores there might be in Sweden or any other country for that matter, but I still feel it would do the game justice to be a little more user friendly by offering a package to gain new customers/clients. I remember it was very frustrating when I first started out, even with some of the great guides and tips from the forums. You still have to weed through alot of crap to really learn from here. :wise: As much as I like to teach and help people in the game it can also be very trying and sometimes strike a nerve.

I feel there is really a next step in this game and many people who would thoroughly enjoy it if:
1. They knew about it.
2. Simple DL from a CD.
3. Starting PED that comes with a package purchased in a store. ( I feel this might also help with gambling stigma this game sometimes receives.)
4. They really need to "brand" themselves better for game or company recognition, this would be such a boost for the in game economy, the company, and ultimately the players.

Lets face it, none of like to see MU values dropping.

Well thats my 2 cents worth :cool:

Grim~

I've thrown this idea around before, but since nobody listened im going to continue being a pest and throw it out there again.

There should be a landgrab that goes off every 10 days. A LA with a good mob that has unremovable dna. The socs fight over it and the soc that holds it for an hour gets to choose the maturity, and density of the mob for 10 days as well as collect the taxes then the LA goes up for grabs again.

I've thrown this idea around before, but since nobody listened im going to continue being a pest and throw it out there again.

There should be a landgrab that goes off every 10 days. A LA with a good mob that has unremovable dna. The socs fight over it and the soc that holds it for an hour gets to choose the maturity, and density of the mob for 10 days as well as collect the taxes then the LA goes up for grabs again.
wasn't there supposed to be turf wars in Rocktropia?!?

actually, Marco commented that they did in fact NOT get more money during landgrabs than during any other day...

which makes sense really, as most of the ppl participating in LG would hunt/pvp/mine/etc otherwise

What he actually said, was that there was no more decay than normal from the land grab. What he did not mention was the fact they they do not give loot back in land grab, so i still hold to the fact it is a money maker for MA/FPC

Either way the alliance meant no battle and (in my opinon) not a money maker for fpc/ma

So untill they can come up with a way for no alliances, which is "probably" impossible, as the alliance were not teamed together, no way to monitor it, there will not be another LG

Rgds

Ace

This is a good idea but it should be for a longer time, maybe so there is one area up for grab every week.
If there are 16 areas that would mean the soc have the area claimed for 16 weeks, this way there should be real fights about the areas.

LG was mainly to start the LA selling...Back in LG 1 Player was not paying shit for a LA...
For what i remember first sale of group of LA , noone go uper than 10k ped ... segond group did go to 20k... still no success...
MA made LG to show what land worth to many player...and sudently LA did worth 150k...

LG was supose to be every 6 month , but always was late event.. in 5 year we had 3 LG..

So you can be sure MA/FPC/See/What ever will never , ever , make a next LG since there is no point for them...
finally the medusa fiasco is big lesson for them...they didnt even care to put an anounce on this forum.... miss calypso got first page , but not medusa... tell a lot about how they feel about it...

LG was mainly to start the LA selling...Back in LG 1 Player was not paying shit for a LA...
For what i remember first sale of group of LA , noone go uper than 10k ped ... segond group did go to 20k... still no success...
MA made LG to show what land worth to many player...and sudently LA did worth 150k...

LG was supose to be every 6 month , but always was late event.. in 5 year we had 3 LG..

So you can be sure MA/FPC/See/What ever will never , ever , make a next LG since there is no point for them...
finally the medusa fiasco is big lesson for them...they didnt even care to put an anounce on this forum.... miss calypso got first page , but not medusa... tell a lot about how they feel about it...

We are both old-timers, maybe my memory is getting dusty, but... Wasn't the first LG before even 1 LA ever was sold. Think the LG land areas are the oldest and the sale of LA's only started after LG2?

We are both old-timers, maybe my memory is getting dusty, but... Wasn't the first LG before even 1 LA ever was sold. Think the LG land areas are the oldest and the sale of LA's only started after LG2?

Maybe i dont remember exactly,it was long ago.

What i remember , and think about LG is it was an "advert" for sell LA in game.maybe it was after LG2 that price went up like crazy...anyway , my point was LG was not made to be a special event for ever , or MA and FPC would have spend more time and attention to it...LG was always very late , and full of bug ...and during the rare time it was made at evening , there was no one at office to check if things go good...

Just need someone who remember exactly , or to check date ... must be writen somewhere.

You see, MA would spend a little time making some digital pixels. Then player would burn a lot of decay fighting over those pixels. Since decay=money for MA they were very happy.

Then a few players thought to themselves, why fight over the pixels?

They formed an alliance and then one day there was a landgrab and no one fight a shot.

The players decided who would get which pieces of land and MA didn't make any money.

And MA was sad.

Now MA will not have a Landgrab because as it is currently designed they cannot make money.

So, they will change the Landgrab. Not so people can have fun. So they can make a lot of money.

This was partly caused bij MA themselves.
They excluded any non top50 soc from a chance of winning an LA.

Now with L gear and the tiers + enhancers, 2 or 3 mid level players that shoot together can take out an uber.

And have a look at the top10 socs there seems to be one soc that would like to dominate the LG.

I think the next LG will be a lot more exciting then the previous one.

Cheers
Siam

I think the next LG will be a lot more exciting then the previous one.

I dont think , what would make it exciting ?
the 2 or 3 top soc will make aliance , and all other soc , will just sit on their ass saying " its impossible to beat Uber player"....
It was always like that... it past it was making sence , because uber player was almost god... but during last 2 LG , any medium player who invest in LR66 and some AMP had a fair chance to kill anyonne , but still , no soc(beside top 5) did try to do something...and last LG , some made aliance , and all other folowed...

I dont see how MA or FPC can create a system to puch player to compette...
Watch medusa selle...300k for 8 LA and shop and flat and hangar and dunno what else...what a jocke...

Pretty good summary of how things went with the LG system.

The 1st LG appered in september 2004, VU 6.0.
I remember as I belonged myself in this all players excitement do get the level to be able to participate in this event.

What motivated to "slow down" the LG 6 Month scheddule was probably at first the INCREDIBLE lag that too much avatars in the same area was creating.
When you were entering the fight area, the lag was so huge, that it was making a rubber-banding wall... Many people were running back so much it was awful.

And yes, the start of LA sells started after the 1st LG.

Ak.

i think landgrabs are important piece to this game. pvp feels like it got some changes with enhancers and vehicles, but what big event is there for all this cool sexy flashy stuff to be used?

marco / ma/ fpc etc say alot of stuff.

been taming lately :silly2: its only jan 2011 now :laugh:

or maybe use a item duplicator for teiring ;)

i like this idea.

kosmos

In the first LG there was someone from MA commenting what was going on in red in the chat, i remember he mixed up some names of the ubers at some point and when they corrected the error they said something like, "the reporter who made the error has been shot", first LG was really funny even that we had no chance at that time, i was in AD back then, and it was very laggy and thats why it took so long until next LG came.

I dont think , what would make it exciting ?
the 2 or 3 top soc will make aliance , and all other soc , will just sit on their ass saying " its impossible to beat Uber player"....
It was always like that... it past it was making sence , because uber player was almost god... but during last 2 LG , any medium player who invest in LR66 and some AMP had a fair chance to kill anyonne , but still , no soc(beside top 5) did try to do something...and last LG , some made aliance , and all other folowed...

I dont see how MA or FPC can create a system to puch player to compette...
Watch medusa selle...300k for 8 LA and shop and flat and hangar and dunno what else...what a jocke...

Some things to make it more exciting (just a few idea's):

- Announce it at least a month before. Do it in a weekend.
This gives people enough time to get of from work and get their gear ready.
- Releasing all LG LA's at once. Where a soc can only hold one claim at the time.
- LG LA's are auto evicted of all players on the start of the LG
If a bit evil then also scatter them around revives around the planet.
This gives socs no head start.
- The smaller LA's need to be hold for a shorter time (2 hours) to own then the bigger ones (3 hours).
This makes socs that did not get a smaller LA try and attack the occupiers of the bigger LA's
- Do not exclude socs not in the top50
A mid level player soc with 30 to 50 people with L gear is capable enough of grabbing and holding an LA
- Enable things like crouching and lying down.
May by even have shooting in a lying position give a added hit ability or crit ability bonus.
- Disable radar in a 500meter range of the claim or in the entire LA
Makes intrusion and hit and run attacks way more viable.

Give out incentives for total war:
- The soc that wins an LA also gets 50% of the decay (and ammo since this is decay) that was spend during LG on that LA.
- Drop some L one shot one kill weapons (with only 1 shot) randomly during the event and announce before that they will be removed again after the LG.
- Make some or all LA's toxic zone's for the duration of the LG and the players killed in that LA lootable like in PvP3 and PvP4 and also the reward system of PvP3 and PvP4. This will give some single players some incentive to cause havoc.

If they ask i am sure the community can give enough idea's for improvement.

Cheers
Siam

I think that any LG event would be better than no LG. So MA/FPC make it happen, even under the old system.

I think the community is starving for some high end competitive action.

Must be so frustrating for MA/FPC, so many oldtimers that appear to have good memories. Now how to get rid of them.... :scratch2:

I'd rather call it a VERY DISTANT MEMORY!

A very fond memory from the beginning to the end but yet incredibly sad to think about where this game has gone since then..

...and I'm gonna piss on your grave Kemp....think I will remember that though...!!!!...

...and I'm gonna piss on your grave Kemp....think I will remember that though...!!!!...

lol @ text filter...this...is not what I wrote...hahaha

Back