Info: pics : new Gungnir helichopter! :)

Society
Pyrates of Calypso
Danielle YourMom DeathBringer ♥
*thread compiling all the 'visual' changes :)

for my EU friends who are still working / haven't logged on, yet - here's one of the new vehicles -

I must say - it's a pretty cool lookin' way to get around town :cool:

I think this is a pretty super awesome VU so far .. back into game - yay for VU's on my day off ! :ahh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Agreed,it does look pretty good.

Gonna look better with some big arse guns on it though ;)

Gratz for 1st pics with that helly.

What's the storage limit and passenger limits on it?

gungnir.jpg

Slower than a Sleipnir,pretty disappointing :(

And surprisingly not colourable :scratch2:

Last edited:
Thanks! Finally some members who understands that everyone isn't in game at the moment.

gungnir.jpg

Slower than a Sleipnir,pretty disappointing :(

And surprisingly not colourable :scratch2:

yeah this thingy gotta be a pure pvp toy... or to show off if it's rare. I mean it eats 0.05 oil less that's just not worth it to go with the lower speed.

This makes it pretty clear they are on some kind of illegal drugs.

A helicopter with over 1600 HP (horsepower) making not even 30 knots?! Seriously, I know the physics in EU are... odd (*), but this is ridiculous!

Sure, this thing is HEAVY. 12 ton to be precise, and shares too many traits with an Mi-24 Hind (1969 on planet earth) to be a coincidence, but taking a more recent helicopter such as Eurocopter EC225 Super Puma MkII as a comparison from planet earth; it's got a maximum take-off weight of 11 ton (but then requiring 2100 HP take-off power), and a cruise speed of 150 knots.

Seriously - in a sci-fi game where the society has evolved to the point where people run around pew-pewing with underpowered toys claimed to be laser weapons, they introduce a helicopter from 1969 earth that has been so badly nerfed the thing hardly moves forward?! *sigh*

(*) To name a few:
- Speed of sound faster than speed of light - the sound of a laser weapon reahes you before the beam streaks past at slower speed than a bullet from a bb-gun.
- Physics reversed when breaking a vehicle by pressing backwards key - they vehicle makes a wheelie while breaking!
- Cars taking umpteen * too-much damage while moving at 1cm/hour into a small flower.

arent we in the future where we able to space travel with lightspeed and colonize other planets? :scratch2:

tamlin, I think velocity is limited by lag factors and radar scan limitations.

As far as the design, It's like a distant descendant of the Mil MI-24 Hind D gunship of the late cold war era on 20th century Earth. Deadly, but much sleeker than it's apparent ancestor! The Hind was slightly more bulky though, as it could transport 8 passengers in addition to the flight crew.

arent we in the future where we able to space travel with lightspeed and colonize other planets? :scratch2:

No.

- In such a distant future, would we recreate cold-war era helicopters from 1969, modified to intentionally move slower than a horse cart? I think not.
- Space travel is not possible at all.
- Speed of light is slower than speed of sound. Our travel speed is... not good. Space travel at speed of sound could be an interesting idea though. I like the paradoxical tension it'd create. :)
- Colonization is not possible, at least not by the "colonists".

To me this is at best a parallel universe where Einstein, Newton or even Darwin never existed.

No.

- In such a distant future, would we recreate cold-war era helicopters from 1969, modified to intentionally move slower than a horse cart? I think not.
- Speed of light is slower than speed of sound. Our travel speed is... not good. Space travel at speed of sound could be an interesting idea though. I like the paradoxical tension it'd create. :)

To me this is at best a parallel universe where Einstein, Newton or even Darwin never existed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QlI5Js-vjc&t=0m28s

watch only for 10 seconds ;)

i dont understand why the helicopter only has one gunner position and its on one side, how are you going to defend the other side?

i dont understand why the helicopter only has one gunner position and its on one side, how are you going to defend the other side?

It actually takes two types of mounted weapons which I'm guessing one type will go on the area marked with a red circle just under the pilots seat.These should be the machine gun type weapons which should be fairly maneuverable and the others could go in the slots marked with arrows up near the engine air intakes which will most likely be for the rocket type weapons with a more limited maneuverability.

This should mean both pilot and co-pilot control a weapon but as to who gets what I dont know.Would make sense that the pilot gets the rockets that needs the craft basically pointing in the right direction and the co pilot gets the machine guns that can point all over.

I'm just guessing on that because only one type of weapon has been discovered so far(The machine gun type).

The seats in the back are just for passengers,The gunners seat is behind the pilot(back to front for how things are now as I think the pilot normally gets the back seat these days).

Then you don't understand what other aircraft have side mounted and side looking guns, and what their job is.

(pssst! Google for "AC-130H Spectre" )

One must remember that these vehicles came out in an MA release. They were designed by MA, not FPC.

As such, maybe we shouldn't expect the content produced by MA to be themed according to any particular planet.

Once planet partners start designing more vehicles (other than the pitbull) maybe we will see more appropriately themed ones.

One must remember that these vehicles came out in an MA release. They were designed by MA, not FPC.

As such, maybe we shouldn't expect the content produced by MA to be themed according to any particular planet.

Once planet partners start designing more vehicles (other than the pitbull) maybe we will see more appropriately themed ones.

Good call! Somehow MA putting these vehicles into the game is like MA putting new creatures into Rocktropia. Should they even do this? I think MA should only make things possible and the planet partners should implement the vehicles or mobs that fit into their planets. (Although I wonder what vehicles would fit into Planet Michael.)

some people seem to like to complain about everything....

No.

No I am afraid Darwin is alive and well in this universe... just look at the things the people running this circus do every few days now.

Back