Content Release 2010.7

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2010.7
2010-12-08

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

THE STORY OF MEDUSA’S HEAD

In the first Robot war, the Imperial Armed Forces were pushed back. As they retreated, Special Forces set up a hidden cache of weapons and supplies on an island off Eudoria. From there, they hit the robots both on Eudoria and Amethera. The base grew from a hidden supply cache to a fortress. Defense systems were set up at the outskirts of the remote island, and bunkers and a command center were built to direct the war. From there, they fought back and pushed the robots off the planet!

When the war ended and the base was no longer needed, Special Forces simply stripped it bare and left. For some time, it just sat there, unused and abandoned, until smugglers found it.

To the smugglers, it was perfect. It was hidden and close to the flight corridors to Athena and Port Atlantis. It would be easy for any smuggling ship captain to just slip out of the path and land, or just drop the cargo right down on the islands as you flew over them, without the traffic control ever knowing.

So the smugglers took over.
Of course, it wasn’t that easy. It wasn’t just one smuggler band. There were several, and they fought for control over the base. In the end, the Medusa band rose above the others and a truce was called. Medusa was firmly in control, but as long as that fact was respected, other bands were tolerated. They refitted the old base to serve their needs: Medusa’s Head.

The Medusa band ruled Medusa’s Head for many generations of smuggler bosses. But no empire lasts forever. Kessner, the last boss of the Medusa band, died. The official reason is old age and fast living, but some people whisper that it was murder.

Whatever the cause of death, there was a problem. The problem was that there was no clear line of succession. Again blood was spilt over Medusa’s Head. However, this time nobody came out on top. The government moved in to fill the power vacuum. They didn’t want to abandon Medusa’s Head to bandits and smugglers like they did last time, so they decided to sell the base and all that goes with it to the highest bidder.

For the smugglers, it is a sad end to their tale. The few splinters that were left of the smuggler bands had no choice but to get out of the way or adapt to a new and legal life. For everyone else, it is a new opportunity on the frontier, as the old smugglers’ den Medusa’s Head is for sale!

RESETTLEMENT UPDATE
Harbingers: Strike teams have managed to sabotage and destroy the Harbinger deployment system! The robots’ advance has been halted dead in its track, despite Steelbirds and Harbingers. However, the robot factory in the Hadesheim crater has not been destroyed, and intelligence and strike operations aimed at the crater will continue. Colonists that have not yet signed up as CDF contractors can contact Colonel Briers in the Needle Tower in Port Atlantis.

Medusa’s Head: It is possible to get to the Medusa’s Head islands (not to be confused with Fort Medusa) by going by boat south-west from Port Atlantis, or swim there if you are brave enough. The Medusa’s Head islands are a property that will be for sale. For further details, visit the Medusa’s Head Info Page here.

The Medusa’s Head islands feature:

• The Bazaar featuring 24 shops
  • 24 apartments
  • A mansion for the owner, overlooking the marina and the bazaar
  • A landing pad
  • A marina
  • An outpost
  • Three big land areas: Deino, Enyo and Pemphredo
  • Five smaller land areas: Naga, Ayida, Apophis, Ouroboros and Bakunawa
  • Sumima and Scipulor DNAs
No more rent: Rent for all shops, apartments and banks have been set to zero. If you have paid rent in advance, please file a support case for reimbursement. Our ambition is to compensate all claims in conjunction with the first release of 2011, which is planned for January-February. Claims made after this release will be invalid.

NEW FEATURES

• The Medusa’s Head islands
  • Two new Iron Challenges are available from Dizi at the bazaar at Medusa’s Head
  • Rent for all shops, apartments and banks have been set to zero
FIXED ISSUES

• Fixed typos in several missions
  • The Broadcasting Stations at the Asteroid Space Station have been transferred to the new owner
SEE ALSO

Originally Posted Here

YAY :yay: YAY :yay: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :yay::yay::yay::yay:

:wtg: no rent :wtg:no rent :wtg:no rent :wtg:no rent :wtg:

This is MADNESS :wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

Awesome update :wtg:

nice read ...now bring it up :)

Hmm no rent... okay... but what about maintenance fee?

No rent - WOW

No more rent: Rent for all shops, apartments and banks have been set to zero. :yay: amazing news :yay: already seeing how shops price increase :wtg:

No more rent, woohoo !!!

i should have known fee would be removed so prices would go up .... cuz i sold my shop last month :laugh:

Cat is out of the bag now finally, the rent is gone! :D Hope you like!
And don't forget to visit Medusa, too!

THE STORY OF MEDUSA’S HEAD

In the first Robot war, the Imperial Armed Forces were pushed back. As they retreated, Special Forces set up a hidden cache of weapons and supplies on an island off Eudoria. From there, they hit the robots both on Eudoria and Amethera. The base grew from a hidden supply cache to a fortress. Defense systems were set up at the outskirts of the remote island, and bunkers and a command center were built to direct the war. From there, they fought back and pushed the robots off the planet!

When the war ended and the base was no longer needed, Special Forces simply stripped it bare and left. For some time, it just sat there, unused and abandoned, until smugglers found it.

To the smugglers, it was perfect. It was hidden and close to the flight corridors to Athena and Port Atlantis. It would be easy for any smuggling ship captain to just slip out of the path and land, or just drop the cargo right down on the islands as you flew over them, without the traffic control ever knowing.

So the smugglers took over.
Of course, it wasn’t that easy. It wasn’t just one smuggler band. There were several, and they fought for control over the base. In the end, the Medusa band rose above the others and a truce was called. Medusa was firmly in control, but as long as that fact was respected, other bands were tolerated. They refitted the old base to serve their needs: Medusa’s Head.

The Medusa band ruled Medusa’s Head for many generations of smuggler bosses. But no empire lasts forever. Kessner, the last boss of the Medusa band, died. The official reason is old age and fast living, but some people whisper that it was murder.

Whatever the cause of death, there was a problem. The problem was that there was no clear line of succession. Again blood was spilt over Medusa’s Head. However, this time nobody came out on top. The government moved in to fill the power vacuum. They didn’t want to abandon Medusa’s Head to bandits and smugglers like they did last time, so they decided to sell the base and all that goes with it to the highest bidder.

For the smugglers, it is a sad end to their tale. The few splinters that were left of the smuggler bands had no choice but to get out of the way or adapt to a new and legal life. For everyone else, it is a new opportunity on the frontier, as the old smugglers’ den Medusa’s Head is for sale!

What a joke....
Smugglers, Robot wars... :lolup:
I have never ever seen a Smuggler on EU. There ain´t no smugglers. This sounds like the Story you can find on a Pinball Machine... Pointless picture... its a PinBall Machine... i mean its a LandArea.. nothing else.

The TRUE Story:
We, MA & FPC want some more deposits and some good Money. We offer you a Big LA which you can buy.
The property will be available for viewing from December 8, with the official auction beginning on December 13 and lasting until January 3.

Medusa’s Head Offer Details
· Land area: circa 35 square kilometers.

· 8 land areas total. 3 on main island. 5 spread over remaining islands including water areas.

· Individual tax levels may be set by owner for each land area.

· Land areas include hunting lodge, fertilizer station, and revival terminals per default.

· Land areas include minerals and enmatters.

· 2 special species DNAs for breeding: Scipulor and Sumima.These DNA spawn locations may be changed once by the owner. The DNA cannot be resold.

· Indigenous species. The spawn locations of these species may be changed once by the owner, and spawns may be removed but not added to.

· Main complex includes individual deeds for 24 rent-free shops and 24 rent-free apartments.

· Sales tax from shops goes to Medusa’s Head estate deed holder.

· Teleporter available in main complex.

· Revival, trade, storage and society terminals available in main complex.

· A hangar will be built in main complex when hangar system is reintroduced to platform.

· 2 unique iron challenges will also be provided on the estate.

Bidding on the Medusa’s Head Property
To bid on the property you will need an Entropia Universe avatar account which can be created here , and sufficient PED currency on your account. The various deposit alternatives are available here.

Once you’ve created your avatar and passed through the Calypso Gateway orientation area, you’ll need to visit an Auctioneer NPC which can be found in most settlements on Calypso. Right click and operate the Auctioneer NPC to open the auction interface. Navigate to the Estate category and double-click the ‘Medusa’s Head Deed’ from the listings. Your avatar is now ready to place a bid using the interface. N.B. The 'Medusa's Head Deed' will be added to the auction on December 13.

Withdrawal Fee Waiver

For parties solely interested in bidding for Medusa’s Head, a special waiver of the 1% withdrawal fee will be available. To take advantage of this waiver:

· Your deposit must be larger than USD 50,000 and arrive before the auction ends on Jan 3.

THATS the Story...

Just the one rent to pay now, wounder if this will help ppl save ped? :scratch2:

:wtg:(Who cares........No Rent!!!):wtg:

What a joke....
I have never ever seen a Smuggler on EU. There ain´t no smugglers. This sounds like the Story you can find on a Pinball Machine... Pointless picture... its a PinBall Machine... i mean its a LandArea.. nothing else.

The story behind Chug's Hideout is also about smugglers, so at least its not something they made up just now

No rent will make all shops active, BIG GRATZ on this decission!!!!!

Just the one rent to pay now, wounder if this will help ppl save ped? :scratch2:

:wtg:(Who cares........No Rent!!!):wtg:

maybe we just get even worse loot now :laugh:

so does tgos mean we can fly from eudoria to medusa to amethera?

Downloading VU, 1.5GB !

:)

Called my GF..so also downloading VU. Nice to have it ready when i get back home from work :wtg:

no more rent ? :tux: :twocents: :tux:

Awesome VU. Cant wait to get it downloaded... :wtg:

well got up to 10% on my ultra slow connection, PC crashed and now its started from the beginning :) I dunno, i figured in this day an age it would just carry on where it left off, then i remembered where I'm downloading it from and it all made perfect sense.

sheesh

edit: ok my apologies, i panicked for no reason, although it said 0% downloaded it seems that means 0% of the restarted amount :) as each time it restarts it has a smaller amount to get but still says 0% rather than showing how much % you already have... if you understand that :) hence my original confused moment

Last edited:
What a joke....
I have never ever seen a Smuggler on EU. There ain´t no smugglers.

Many have seen smugglers... and many have not lived to reveal where they saw them.

Any good smuggler worth his salt would kill any strangers that strayed into their hideout... shit man that's smuggler 101.

No rent/maintenance fees on stuff any more...

So all U whinning/sissy assed bitches can STFU about people who own apartments (bought outright with cash) who dont pay the monthly fee, can put up or shut up :laugh:

Now, which way is up? My head or my ass?

Excellent update, well done FPC :D

Back