WoF 2011: Your Two Cents

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi, not far away from launching WoF 2011 properly now, if all goes well.

This thread is for anything you would like to say about the WoF;

What Mobs you want to hunt

What you like

What you don't

...hit me:)

Hurrikane

I want mobs that aren't taxed! Like osses, scips, evisc, trox, warriors, molisk, etc!

Some PvP mobs for the bonus mob would be awesome as well.

Love the Robot round, Big thanks to you for bringing it forward :)
I would love to see some very easy mobs for support this year so we can get some of the very newest players involved... so that it doesnt become a 'We cant hunt them, there is no point!' kinda thing :)

Hi, not far away from launching WoF 2011 properly now, if all goes well.

What you like

What I want to hunt:
Fugas (if there is a nice, junkmob free spawn)
Fouls?

What *I* like to hunt:
Thorifoids

What you don't[/B]

...hit me:)

Hurrikane

Barneys (they're too annoying - too aggro and impossible to run away from)
Atrox (loot sucks... for me at lest)

:laugh:

Please cut down stage 3.

Big Fat Juicy ones :):).

Probaby the only sugestion I have and I know it is difficult at times to do so, keep the known lower globaling mobs to a minimun as much as possible.

It appears to be getting more difficult to rally support and if it is a boring mob this is made even more so.

Fine with the bonus mob as this is the point of it being the bonus.

The rest fine, take it as it comes. :laugh:

So, what about the planets?

Will WoF be confined to Calypso only or is it planned to integrate some of the new planets into the mix?

I think you should keep the missions in mind when selecting the mobs. For many it will be a nice incentive to participate in WoF when they know all kills will also count for their missions.

And apart from that, mobs in untaxed land please:cool:

I would like to keep the travelling to other planets to a minimum:)
But i cant wait to see what fun u have planned, have a feeling this WoF is going to be great:)

>What Mobs you want to hunt
Pretty much anything that can be killed. Regardless what planet they are placed at. Personally I want Proterons to be included. Lootable PVP mob for bonus mob sounds really fun. Even if I don't like bots, I want them to be included as well. A dynamic :)silly:) stage mob list is good for WoF.

>What you like
Make WoF what it was supposed to be - country vs country. Alliance = Disqualify! You hear that, you french/german/austrian/japanese/canadian/whatever allied suckers?

>What you don't
Get rid of the annoying bugs. The small one in bigger sizes. Not funny at all.

This thread is for anything you would like to say about the WoF;

What you like

What you don't

For me, ditch the travel. It's extra expense and nuisance. Planet Calypso only.

I'm all for travel but only in the finals to add a little suspense and inclusion if wise.

WoF has been, until the advent of new planets, held on Entropia/PC territory and there appears little need to change that however provide some scope for adjusting WoF method in the future.

Changes if proposed I'd reckon need to be incremental, initially this year starting from leaders in finals on the ladder moving into another planet territory/mob to complete competition .

For me, ditch the travel. It's extra expense and nuisance. Planet Calypso only.

Historically, there has been a round with CP and CND. I don't have any major objection to that, a single round, and if it's possible to do it without need to pay excessive fees. Maybe adjust the meeting place to CP if that could lower the cost (for main team or even meet at CP in beginning of hunt and CND at end of hunt - support team doesn't have to register so they can go straight to CND if they want to, and if I remember right they don't even have to hunt in space).

I don't mind places like Rocktropia and Next Island it's just that I guess you all know what I think about the TP-fees ;)

Well when a pilot was still needed CP and CND required some extra planning, which somehow seemed to be part of the exercise... with the TPs and fees it seems a bit pointless.

Actually I would be happy if WoF would be only on Calypso and not even involve CP and CND... at least until space travel returns.

Well when a pilot was still needed CP and CND required some extra planning, which somehow seemed to be part of the exercise... with the TPs and fees it seems a bit pointless.

Actually I would be happy if WoF would be only on Calypso and not even involve CP and CND... at least until space travel returns.

This year the plan for the Semi-Final round is to have options in the moblists. For example, the 9 point mob might be Daspletor, Aurli, Falx, Storm Drake or Elvis Dragon, although some mobs will be common to all Moblist choices (and planet-side). This means instead of jetting around all over the place teams can go to the place where they think the points are and pit one location against another. They could even stay planet-side if they wished with a full moblist to use.
It also serves as market research for the following year; the venue that produces the most points will host the Semi's in 2012. It's taking a bit more working out than a normal moblist (have to avoid any hidden advantages where possible) but I reckon it's a good idea; a better one than the Pk suggestion anyhow?

Hurrikane

Reactions: Cly
Fair enough let all in semi's get a chance in selected turf!
Does this apply to next stages up the ladder as it would seem too?
Cheers

Fair enough let all in semi's get a chance in selected turf!
Does this apply to next stages up the ladder as it would seem too?
Cheers

The plan is only to have the 'optional moblist' in the Semi's.
For now I can't see it being too easy to spread this to the other Stages, lots of variables and unknown quantities involved:) Let's see how things go.

A thing I like about this plan for the Semi's is that we can settle a few arguments over which Entropian Location best rewards the hunter......

Hurrikane

I think that WoF was started as a Calypso event and it should stay that way!

I think that WoF was started as a Calypso event and it should stay that way!

Agreed! Besides, if you move some stages to other planets, you might end up with WoF Jackets without sleeves, as prize! :silly2:

I want to kill everything! As long as there are enough mobs for everyone and you do dont have to wait in line for a mob to kill. Preferably mobs that spawn in different locations.

I do think that moving to other planets is not a good idea...not everyone got the peds to pay the fee. I know for sure that our team will loose support if people have to pay 80 ped to participate....

I want to kill everything! As long as there are enough mobs for everyone and you do dont have to wait in line for a mob to kill. Preferably mobs that spawn in different locations.

I do think that moving to other planets is not a good idea...not everyone got the peds to pay the fee. I know for sure that our team will loose support if people have to pay 80 ped to participate....

The plan is to have less travelling than in previous Semi-Finals, not more. Instead of having to go to CND and CP to complete the Variety or Sweep, this year teams will be able to pick and choose where they go, or if they go at all.

Hurrikane

Suggestion : as some1 posted before it will be nice if mob support are part of iron mission challenge, will be a nice incitative for participating in WoF support :wtg:

Make WoF what it was supposed to be - country vs country. Alliance = Disqualify! You hear that, you french/german/austrian/japanese/canadian/whatever allied suckers?

Pls dont include french in participating in Alliance as we never did and as french captain in wof 2010, i already stated that we want wof to come back to its original spirit (mean country vs country). :wise:

So i second your point and hurricane said this issue about team rules will be stated soon
(btw dont know for which side ;) )

I'm ok with Miky, mobs that have iron challenge would be great, as daikibas for support mob
There is a cool land of them, LA65 where spawn and maturity are realy high.
And i agree with him also that WoF is first an inter countries challenge!
So plz Frenchies come and support your country with us and dont hunt in the Alliance team!!!

Last edited:
My two cents for Wof 2010 is more helpfull for the judges

I dunno exact how you count the globals but why not use a count program like I use with the kill XXX many newbie.

You just proces your chatlog and you exactly which team globaled how much. Now here is the kicker .. I cant code I got him from Spike who coded one for me. But seeing as he told me it is quite easy maybe some coder can make it for the WoF judges

The daikiba is a good mob for two point : little one can be kill by noob and big one can be kill by medium level players. So, everybody can be in support...

The daikiba is a good mob for two point : little one can be kill by noob and big one can be kill by medium level players. So, everybody can be in support...

Totally agree, a good way to let eveyone participate at his own level.

As said earlier, I'm also for letting the WOF only on Calypso, it has been a Calypso's event, should stay that way. Personally, if support has to hunt mobs on Next Island or ROCKtropia, I already konw I won't pay 80 ped several times just to travel to an other planet, and I'm almost sure that i'm not the only one in this case.

As said earlier, I'm also for letting the WOF only on Calypso, it has been a Calypso's event, should stay that way. Personally, if support has to hunt mobs on Next Island or ROCKtropia, I already konw I won't pay 80 ped several times just to travel to an other planet, and I'm almost sure that i'm not the only one in this case.

If I am correct FPC is sponsoring it with the WOF Jackets and not MA anymore. So either the planet partners work together and build a joined sponsoship or it remains on Calypso. Makes sense to me but I am not the organizer

Back