***WoF 2011 Judge Thread***

Hurrikane

Slayer
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake
Hi to all Judges, past and prospective. The WoF is upon us once more.

I would love to see all the old faces back for more tortuous hours of number-crunching; please say hi on this thread if you've got nothing much on between February and June:)

We could always do with more people at the Start Points to confer the busier matches, please sign up here to find out what you can do.

Hurrikane

P.S. Not much is changing for this year, despite what suggestions I may put out there. Main thing is making it big and making it better.

I should be kicking about somewhere and will do what I can when I can :silly2:

As I said to you earlier tonight, pretty much same answer as Spike. I missed WoF last year so happy to do what I can from time to time, maybe not each match but where needed :wtg:

Depending of your state about country team i will take part (or not) in WoF as a competitor

If I dont be competitor you can count me in for judging session

Depending of your state about country team i will take part (or not) in WoF as a competitor

If I dont be competitor you can count me in for judging session

LOL so if I say the right thing you play, if I say the wrong thing I get another Judge.... tempting to be tactical here:)

Hurrikane

I'd like to join in for some of the judging when I'm not competing if possible please :) I'm in the UK but am well used to being up until the sun shines through the blinds! :)

Edit: Dunno why that thumbs down is there but it's an accident I promise! Me lovey WoF. :)

You know I will be there if there are any 'holy shit' 'desperate' moments, but its to hard for both Safara and I to be glued to the screen for 3 hrs with 3 children running about lol :)

I expect to be available to judge again this year. On around the same time schedule as last year too, which translates to about 3 hunts a weekend. :)
Unfortunately i am still only limited by the hours that the coffee shop i log in from is open.

I expect to be available to judge again this year. On around the same time schedule as last year too, which translates to about 3 hunts a weekend. :)
Unfortunately i am still only limited by the hours that the coffee shop i log in from is open.

My god, you did all that from a coffeeshop? Nice going.

Glad to see you back:)

Hurrikane

My god, you did all that from a coffeeshop? Nice going.

Glad to see you back:)

Hurrikane

Yep! and will do it all again this year too :) I'm just glad to be in a position to be able to judge again this year. depending on when the actual schedules will be of course but should be able to do some :D
is all fun so i look forward to it maybe i will actually be successful in talking some soc mates into helping too.

You know I am in :thumbup:

A word about being on a team and being a judge... it's ok. There are simply too many checks and balances for anyone to cheat and award a team extra points. We encourage active WoF participants to judge as well.

Note #2: Please please please - anyone that is judging (or just hunting for that matter) please have your chat log turned ON. This is probably the single most important tool we have. The extra eyes during a match would be a close 2nd :thumbup:

Hi Judgey-types:)

Bit of extra work this time around, involving the Semi-Finals.

The Moblist is going to have several Mobs for each score, from various locations like Next Island or the Asteroid, Rocktropia, CP and Calypso itself. Dasps, Kreltin, Elvis Dragons and Drakes might all be 10 points (for example).

The rules will be that once the match has started, the team goes to where they think they'll score the most for the duration of the match, returning to the finish as normal. They can not mix and match the moblist options; if they pick Rocktropia and find it dry of globals, they can't switch mid-match to Next Island or Calypso etc. They make their choice and stick with it.
So it'll be a bit confusing to score it, but not as bad as it could be. As soon as the first location-specific global comes in, we know "where they are" and what to expect. And it's only 3 hunts. Any questions, please ask.

N.B. I would welcome any opinions on which mobs have 'equals' in the various locations in the universe in terms of difficulty, availability and maturity range. Thanks:)

Hurrikane

Hi Hurri :)

So, are there going to be 4 mobs on each planet for the teams to choose? So, once a team decides to go for the big points on a mob from Ricktropia for eg, they have to do the other mobs from there as well for the variety bonus etc?

How will that work with CP that has only 2 mobs, or is that part of Calypso?

Hi Hurri :)

So, are there going to be 4 mobs on each planet for the teams to choose? So, once a team decides to go for the big points on a mob from Rocktropia for eg, they have to do the other mobs from there as well for the variety bonus etc?

How will that work with CP that has only 2 mobs, or is that part of Calypso?

Yup, you spotted the tricky bit. Next Island: Lots of unique mobs. RockTropia: Lots of Unique Mobs. F.F.: Dasp, Corno's, Caperon? (are they not found elsewhere anymore or is that rumour?), and CP's just got the two.
But we can split maturities, so even CP offers '4' mobs.
So there would be some mobs that 'fill the gaps' and are common to several, or all lists.

For example:

10 point Mob: Big Dasp, Big Kreltin, Big Drake(?), Big Dragon, Big Hogglo.
9 point Mob: Big Cornoanterion, Big Aurli, Something mean from NI, Something equally nasty from RT....
8 point Mob: Little Dasp, Little Kreltin, Little Hogglo, Little Drake, inoffensive dragon etc
7 point mob: Kingfishers
6 point mob: Little Corno, aurli, NI and RT etc etc
5 point mob: Longu

Support might get something like Wolves, Boars, Feffoids for 3 points, Vixens and Merps for 2, Nexnecis for 4 and something else for 1 point; whatever is chosen there will be a non-biased spread of points offered by the differing locations in the Universe. The places with less mobs to offer will get less mobs as choices on the lists, it's as simple as that.

So the rule about not switching is this:

There are the mobs common to all moblists, and there are the various options; RT, NI, FF,CP. Once a location-specific global is scored by the team, that location must be used for all of their 'optional' scoring that match. So to somplete the sweep, you stay in the place you picked until those mobs are done, or head there once the 'common' mobs are done (or split the team). What you can't do is score in more than two locations: just Calypso, and whatever one you pick. If you go for the 'optional' mobs that are on Calypso (like the Hogglo above), you won't be flying anywhere, you'll need to complete the sweep on the ground.

Hope that all makes sense.

So any suggestions for moblist options based on , er, that:)

Hurrikane

Last edited:
I am going to try.
I am embarrassed for letting you guys (and girls) down, I tried to help out this year, but only did a couple of judging, life's been rough and still is, might calm down by the time the WoF is, but no guaranties.

MP

Last edited:
I'll be there :)

After an extended absense (about a year) I do appear to be Back, albeit in a slightly more n00bish manner...

So I can't see myself Competing in the WoF, but I can Certainly be available to Judge once again, and would be delighted and honoured to do so...

I missed WoF2010, but I'm pretty sure I can remember how it goes.

Count me In :thumbup:

CHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO(deep breath)PPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hows it mate :)

Get your silly hairdo into the WOF Wales thread and join up !!!!

OGGI OGGI OGGI

Yup, you spotted the tricky bit. Next Island: Lots of unique mobs. RockTropia: Lots of Unique Mobs. F.F.: Dasp, Corno's, Caperon? (are they not found elsewhere anymore or is that rumour?), and CP's just got the two.
But we can split maturities, so even CP offers '4' mobs.
So there would be some mobs that 'fill the gaps' and are common to several, or all lists.

For example:

10 point Mob: Big Dasp, Big Kreltin, Big Drake(?), Big Dragon, Big Hogglo.
9 point Mob: Big Cornoanterion, Big Aurli, Something mean from NI, Something equally nasty from RT....
8 point Mob: Little Dasp, Little Kreltin, Little Hogglo, Little Drake, inoffensive dragon etc
7 point mob: Kingfishers
6 point mob: Little Corno, aurli, NI and RT etc etc
5 point mob: Longu

Support might get something like Wolves, Boars, Feffoids for 3 points, Vixens and Merps for 2, Nexnecis for 4 and something else for 1 point; whatever is chosen there will be a non-biased spread of points offered by the differing locations in the Universe. The places with less mobs to offer will get less mobs as choices on the lists, it's as simple as that.

So the rule about not switching is this:

There are the mobs common to all moblists, and there are the various options; RT, NI, FF,CP. Once a location-specific global is scored by the team, that location must be used for all of their 'optional' scoring that match. So to somplete the sweep, you stay in the place you picked until those mobs are done, or head there once the 'common' mobs are done (or split the team). What you can't do is score in more than two locations: just Calypso, and whatever one you pick. If you go for the 'optional' mobs that are on Calypso (like the Hogglo above), you won't be flying anywhere, you'll need to complete the sweep on the ground.

Hope that all makes sense.

So any suggestions for moblist options based on , er, that:)

Hurrikane

Hey Hurrikane..

Hope I'm not being dim but I take it this rule applies to support as well aa the main team? In that case how can support and main score points soley on CP when its so limited? They'd be hunting the same mobs which seems obsolete. I'm sure I'm beimg thick and have misread something but the way I read it was FF, RT, CP and NI would all have seperate moblists? Or do some work in conjunction with Calypso also?

Sorry!! X

Does anyone remember this choppah guy? :laugh:

Yo, wb Chopper! Nice to have you here again.

Hey Hurrikane..

Hope I'm not being dim but I take it this rule applies to support as well aa the main team? In that case how can support and main score points soley on CP when its so limited? They'd be hunting the same mobs which seems obsolete. I'm sure I'm beimg thick and have misread something but the way I read it was FF, RT, CP and NI would all have seperate moblists? Or do some work in conjunction with Calypso also?

Sorry!! X

There will some mobs 'common' and some 'optional'. The options you choose to global on dictate the others you need for that Moblist. The locations with less choice will offer their own approach at the points, but with more to kill on Calypso to complete the Sweep for example.

Hurrikane

Hi Hurrikane, Rayne and Jamira :)

I would like to help anywhere possible too. As a noob I had great experience last wof 2010. I'll be at the jugde location if the time suit me. Thank you very much.

Hi Hurrikane, Rayne and Jamira :)

I would like to help anywhere possible too. As a noob I had great experience last wof 2010. I'll be at the jugde location if the time suit me. Thank you very much.

You are very welcome hoches! Especially during the qualifiers and the massive matches of the first stages we need any help we can get.

Make sure you know the rules. I hope for Mack's judge Excel sheet ~one week before the event starts. Ahhh no! I am sure he WILL post the link soon ;) Usually we have a redundant scoring at the judge location. (You probably noticed it last year.) Except the dates when RJ is not availible and Hurri dreams of better times or has no internet connection :D At least we were able to run a match without them. Not that fun, but it'll work for this year's WoF too. Good to have as much staff as possible!

Last edited:
Hi,

As hurri stated nations team not in the way i want, i will not be competitor this years :eyecrazy: ... so i will try to make a dedicated judging wof :rolleyes:

btw, France finaly registered a team so i am available to judge any run when France will not takes part

cant wait for Mack's sheet, pls make it compliant with openoffice

Hi,

As hurri stated nations team not in the way i want, i will not be competitor this years :eyecrazy: ... so i will try to make a dedicated judging wof :rolleyes:

btw, France finaly registered a team so i am available to judge any run when France will not takes part

cant wait for Mack's sheet, pls make it compliant with openoffice

Welcome to the judge team, miky!
Mack has to wait for the moblist. But I am pretty sure he's on the starting blocks ;-)

Last edited:
Soooo ... now we got a serious problem! Have a look at this:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?206629-Situation-Vacant-Hurrikane-s-Job.

Can everyone give a statement please?
  • What to do?
  • Who's in?
  • ONE sub-agent for Hurri or a judge team (kinda jury) running WoF?
This time your help is really needed! Please come up with suggestions. Probably one of you feels strong enough to do the job this year?
RJ, Mack, Safara, Chopper, Oni, Major?

Sorry to hear about Hurri's problems. I'm happy to help a bit when I can but I'm very busy these days so I couldn't possibly offer the time needed to do Hurri's job this year.

RJ seems the obvious choice if up for it.

Or we could take this as an opportunity to have this year as a WoF break - interest seems a bit lower than usual anyway, maybe a year off wouldn't be a bad thing. We could have a few miniwof competitions instead.

Back