Merry Mayhem 2010

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
'Tis the season to be merry and it's time for the one and only Merry Mayhem 2010! Lock and load for this special treat and blast the event all the way past the New Year and into the next one. Let the fireworks from your blasters shine over Eudoria and Amethera. Points are awarded to participants based upon specific creature kills during a specified time period. Participants with the most kill-points are awarded special prizes. So gear up and prepare to share with the mobs of Planet Calypso. Hohoho.

EVENT DATES

• Dec 21st: Skill chipping is no longer allowed for Mayhem participants. You may get the Mayhem mission from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. Kills are not registered yet.
  • Dec 26th: Competition opens 00:00 UTC. Kills are registered. Final category qualification happens on first kill.
  • Dec 30th: Competition ends 23:59 UTC. Kills are no longer registered. You may no longer get the Mayhem mission.
  • Jan 1st: Skill chipping is allowed again.
  • Jan 8th: You can hand in the Merry Mayhem Mission to Carl Tucker; when you do, you get a Mayhem Participation Diploma. Winners and prize announcement, including the top 200 list for all categories with points and time.
COMPETITION STRUCTURE

This year, we will use the mission system to track Merry Mayhem. The Mayhem Mission is available from the contact Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. This mission will track kill points and category. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but kills will not register before Dec 26th.
Don’t forget to get the mission! You can get the mission up until the last minute of the competition, but if the mission is not active before Jan 8th, we cannot track your kill points and you will not participate in Merry Mayhem.

Do not abandon the mission! If you abandon the mission, you forfeit all kill points that you have collected. You can get the mission again, but your kill points are reset and you have to start over again. Even worse, you will have wasted valuable online time.

The competition will have four separate categories. Category qualification will be based upon a participant's highest Professional Standing from the following qualification list:

• BLP Sniper (Hit)
  • BLP Pistoleer (Hit)
  • Laser Sniper (Hit)
  • Laser Pistoleer (Hit)
  • Swordsman (Hit)
  • Knife Fighter (Hit)
  • Brawler (Hit)
Your highest Professional Standing from the qualification list will determine which of the following categories you qualify for:

• Category 1: Highest Professional Standing 0-24, including Level 24.
  • Category 2: Highest Professional standing 25-49, including Level 49.
  • Category 3: Highest Professional standing 50-69, including Level 69.
  • Category 4: Highest Professional Standing 70+
You will be preliminary sorted into a category when you get the mission. This preliminary sorting is for your information only, in order to help you prepare for the event.

The final category qualification will happen when you make your first kill of a target creature after the event starts on Dec 26th. If you skill up until then, you may qualify to a higher category than the one you were preliminary sorted to.

You will remain in the category that you qualify for at the beginning of the competition, regardless of whether you level up to a new category or not.

The creatures assigned to each category are:

• Category 1: Cornundacauda
  • Category 2: Feffoid
  • Category 3: Eviscerator
  • Category 4: Scipulor
EXTRA SPAWNS

New spawns will be introduced at:

• Cornundacauda: South of Fort Ithaca (68527,87352), North-West of Fort Zeus (85641,95217), South-West of Camp Caravan (86002,88857), North-East of Fort Ares (80322,80413)
  • Feffoid: West of North Space Base (88383,96443), South-West of Livas (66255,83459), South-West of Fort Argus (75157,91348), South-East of Jurra Plateau (71089,71215)
  • Eviscerator: South-East of Cape Corinth (62341,87899), North-North-West of Nymphtown (85921,81041), North of Fort Troy (80616,69192), West of Fort Troy (77281,68723)
  • Scipulor: South of New Switzerland (26439,58775), South of Timbesha (30899,42190), North of Myrene Island (20079,30656)
SCORING

Points will be awarded to participants based upon the maturity of creatures killed as follows:
Young - 1 point
Mature - 1 points

Old - 2 points
Provider - 2 points

Guardian – 3 points
Dominant - 3 points

Alpha – 4 points
Old Alpha - 4 points

Prowler - 5 points
Stalker - 5 points

Or equivalent maturity levels 1 to 10 for each creature species. Elite or boss maturities do not award kill points.

PRIZES

10 Prizes will be awarded to the participants that accumulate the highest points within each category. Prizes are as follows:
Category 1

1. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Boar Armor
  2. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Bear Armor
  3. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Vigilante Armor
  4. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  5. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  6. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  7. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  8. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  9. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
  10. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards
Category 2

1. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Angel Armor
  2. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Jaguar Armor
  3. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Boar Armor
Category 3

1. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Land Area
  2. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Shadow Armor
  3. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Angel Armor
Category 4

1. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Land Area
  2. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Vain Armor
  3. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Eon Armor
Also, each top-10 participant in each category will receive a special Merry Mayhem Diploma.

All Merry Mayhem participants get a Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma when the mission is handed in to Carl Tucker, at any point after Jan 8th. You will not get the Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma in any other way.

RULES

To participate, get the mission “Mayhem 2010” from Carl Tucker in Port Atlantis. You can get the mission from Dec 21st, but no kills will be registered until the event opens on Dec 26th. If you do not have this mission, you will not participate in Merry Mayhem! If you abandon this mission, you will lose your participation in Merry Mayhem and forfeit all kill points, even if you get the mission again!

During the 5 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 30 hours.

• Your total time online for the event must not exceed 30 hours.
  • You may distribute these 30 hours as you want over the event, as long as you’re total playing time does not exceed 30 hours.
  • Please note that your online session time counts from when you enter login and password to after the 20 second countdown on logout is finished (regardless of whether the client is closed or not), not from when the game world renders to when you press “log out”.
  • Play responsibly. First Planet Company strongly recommends that you take regular breaks and get an extended rest period after long sessions online.
No skill chipping is allowed between December 21st 12:00 UTC and December 31th 12:00 UTC for participants in this event.

Kill points are awarded to the player that inflicts the most damage to a killed creature.

All participants remain in the category they begin with for the duration of the event, regardless of leveling-up that may occur.

First Planet Company will monitor the competition closely to ensure a fair event for all participants. Any breech of the rules stated will result in immediate disqualification.

Judges’ decisions are final.

Originally Posted Here

tada - here we go - (just to lazy to use subscripsion)

New Year is on a diffrent date in Sweden?

We still have no clarification on most damage. How difficult is it for an fpc official to answer this question?

Is it possible to do the normal mission + merry mission at the same time?

Interesting that cat 3 has evis and cat 4 has scips

I will always prefair a stalker scips before a evis gen 10

Scips Stalker
Health: 2200
Dmg: ??
Regen: 2.2
Dmg doing: 38% stab - 38% cut - imp 24%
Armor: Angel protects 90 dmg before plate

Evis gen 10
Health: 1730
Dmg: 175
Regen: 17.3
Dmg doing: 30% stab - 70% elec
Armor: T-bird protects 58 dmg before plate

Interesting that cat 3 has evis and cat 4 has scips

I will always prefair a stalker scips before a evis gen 10

Scips Stalker
Health: 2200
Dmg: ??
Dmg doing: 38% stab - 38% cut - imp 24%
Armor: Angel protects 90 dmg before plate

Evis gen 10
Health: 1730
Dmg: 175
Dmg doing: 30% stab - 70% elec
Armor: T-bird protects 58 dmg before plate

True, but then again, shadow or vain...

Kill points are awarded to the player that inflicts the most damage to a killed creature.

To make sure - if there are 9 shooters - one does 20% dmg and the rest 8 does 10% each. It counts as a point?

remarks

a few remarks:

You can get the mission up until the last minute of the competition, but if the mission is not active before Jan 8th, we cannot track your kill points and you will not participate in Merry Mayhem.

-why does the mission have to be opened before x-th of January? isn't mayhem over then?

-skips as a hunting mob? so far for teaming...
Actually I like it that big teams are impossible now, but... there shoudl be more then top3 and top10 prizes, since top3 is already taken by UU/AoW/Warants... I don't see a point for me to join. A 7k armor piece would not cover the costs for my team.

-vain in cat4 and shadow in cat3? Vain is more or less worthless, shadow is decent
Should I chip out since category3 has better prizes?

- with the mission system, the hunting time could be automatically calculated. It sucks to limit the online time, which you need to sell your loot...
I don't understand this measure. FPC wants me to NOT be online (except for the 30 hours) ?

just imo
cheers
Naomi

Last edited:
I wonder if you could make 60-80% pre-damage on shit load of right category mobs(and heal them up to cover up the 'crime') before the event and then let others kill and loot 'em on event time.. does the point still go to you?

Sure, people could kill those off before the event but .. you get the idea.
and it could also be too tedious task to do this. :laugh:

And hell no, I wont even try that, my goal is the diploma,and probably bust that too because of the timelimit. :ahh:
Hmm.. I could take the mission at the last 30h of the event and be on the safe side of it.. ;)

(but right now I can't get in because my reader crashed and my tries to fix it didn't work.:scared: Hurry up mail!! )

Scips Stalker

Evis gen 10

I don't think regen is going to matter much, most mobs will die in a few seconds anyway because of teaming.

FYI MA/FPC, we do have mobs with +50k HP ingame.. was it really needed to take a mob with 2200 hp max for highest category?
With the new point system, to me it doesn't make any sense at all, just like the shared loot BS

I don`t see why there`s no timer for this mission.

The azzurdite mining mission has a timer. Has to be completed in 3hours or so(it`s very well done. It even has a warning 15 and 5min before end). Why can`t FPC use same tool for this Mayhem?

Last edited:
I don`t see why there`s no timer for this mission.

The azzurdite mining mission has a timer. Has to be completed in 3hours or so(it`s very well done. It even warning 15 and 5min before end). Why can`t FPC use same tool for this Mayhem?

Because they are inept? :silly2:

The timer has to stop when you log out (unlike the mining timer, wher you have a fixed expiry date), and apparently, that is too difficult to implement (yet) - there was an official statement somewhere in the first MM thread.

you can also abort the mining quest halfway & restart it right away..

1. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Boar Armor
  2. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Bear Armor
  3. Merry Mayhem Arm Guards + Full set of Vigilante Armor
:drool::drool::drool: Boar...

most unfair event in game started :(...uber teams will killing Cornundacaudas

Well I'd fit Category 2 but I won't be able to do this event:

A) Because I'm a cack hunter, and

B) I'll be away from home during that time anyway.

So good luck to all participants.

Wooot Wooot good luck everyone. I think Teams need to go by by, support should consist of medics, ammo and loot runners is all, no shooters. Thats just my 2 Pecs though.

So, what will the job categories be for 'helpers' this time round?

Taggers: keeping a supply of mobs available to the 'inner ring team', unless spawns are very high...
inner ring: presumably shooting less damage than the king or queen of the team (+ fapping service)?,
mobile tt: A refreshable supply of the right sort of ammo (and possibly full amps..), probably payable in tt loot...

I shall be happy to participate as any of the above - if you use a vehicle list as a worker list, serious participants can easily set up a 'mercenary list' or lists for each job in the time leading up to the event. Maybe a hiring point could crystal out too in the next few days...

Am willing to "hire myself out" to hunters in whatever category they may need me for ;)

I doubt I have the firepower to win anything solo, nor the peds to spend on a support team. So may as well be a hired gun of a sort.

So if you are in an actual Team, will the kills still register or do you need to be in an un-official Team?

-why does the mission have to be opened before x-th of January? isn't mayhem over then?

The mission has to be active when we compile mission data.

That means that you have to open the mission before that (because then there wouldn't be a mission to compile data from), and you can't complete it until we have compiled the data. So it must be active.

You can't hand it in until Jan 8th, so you can't complete it. That means that as long as you got the mission (before Dec 30th 23:59 UTC) and did not abandon the mission, you're clean.

In short: get the mission before you start and do not abandon it.

- with the mission system, the hunting time could be automatically calculated. It sucks to limit the online time, which you need to sell your loot...
I don't understand this measure. FPC wants me to NOT be online (except for the 30 hours) ?

If I had it my way, the mission would be able to track time as well. I would love to have a timer in the mission system that could be turned on and off, and that would automatically turn itself off when you log out, because it would give you a lot more flexibility in the competition. I would like for the mission to present you with how much time you've spent on Mayhem, and simply stop counting points when you exceed 30 hours, because that would make the competition more fair.

Sadly the system doesn't work that way. So we have to resort to what the system can give us and still give you flexibility and fairness: to check your total session time.

Last edited:
While i don't stand a chance in reaching top 10, i'll kill evisc these holidays :). I'm unfortunately limited (solo) to lvl 6-7 maturity.

Reason: sportsmanship + i like evisc and terribly miss hunting them.

one question: i only have to do most damage on the mob rite ? so i dont have to kill & loot it ?
can anyone (pioneer mebe) confirm that ?

You can't hand it in until Jan 8th, so you can't complete it. That means that as long as you got the mission (before Jan 30th 23:59 UTC) and did not abandon the mission, you're clean.

Don't you mean Dec 30th 23:59 UTC?

Back