Merry Mayhem 2010

I, for one, am excited to take part. This is one of the first official events that I will be able to take part in. Most of the older events were tailored specifically to high-level players.

Look for my name on the list when the event ends! ;)

Maybe i will, maybe i wont, see if time and finances allow

WooHoo!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Hmm well atleast it ain`t the "kill shot" like last year and we all remember how that ended with the point`s Merry Mayhem winner list 2009 and cat 1-2 is same like that year.

Gues we wount se thouse high points this year :cool:

So more fair now but dont know if gona put an effort or not this year ,still would like it even more aimed into solo effort :scratch2:

Yeah, its ironic how people whine about random people getting huge, "undeserved" ATHs, but when an event where everything else but some random luck matters, its still awful, unfair and stupid. :lolup:

right....anyway...who believe in luck have a chicken brain ,,or amiba one:p. Luck is invented by idiots.(no ofence):)

It's just "most damage when it dies". You don't have to shoot the killing shot and you don't have to loot.

Of course. Thanks!

Edited the post to reflect this.

thanks for clarifycation, good sir.

How does the 30 hour time limit work?

Could I get some clarification on the 30 hour time limit please?

When that 30 hours is up what happens?

- I cant log in? or
- Mission stops recording kill points? or
- disqualified if I stay online/ keep killing designated mob? or
- something else?

Thanks,
KikkiJikki

- I cant log in? or
- something else?

Thanks,
KikkiJikki

If you log in 30 Hours and 1 Second within those 5 day you are Disqualified from the event. So make sure you count for the 20 seconds it takes to actually log off as well.

Can the people who don't like the rules just not participate. Isn't there a section in these forums for a wish list or something? Why not put your ideas for events in there then maybe MA will give us an event sorta like this one in the future as well as keep this event. This is a great event that shows great Team Work and Coordination. So how about we stick to positive comments here and Mayhem discussion other then flaming a great event.

Ok go ahead and yell at me now, I know you want to you select few :laugh:.

If you log in 30 Hours and 1 Second within those 5 day you are Disqualified from the event. So make sure you count for the 20 seconds it takes to actually log off as well.

...some sort of ingame countdown would be ace! :)

- I cant log in? or
- something else?

Thanks,
KikkiJikki
You can accept the mission at any time after December 21st.

After you accepted it any online time from that point onwards, only counting between December 26th and December 31st, will be go towards the 30 mission hours.

If your online time exceeds 30 hours you will be disqualified.

If you think that you may want to spend more than 30 hours online during these 5 mission days you could wait and maybe apply for it on the 27th or 28th.

From the 1st post on the 1st page of this thread.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?203188-Merry-Mayhem-2010

During the 5 day event period, a participant may only compete for a total of 30 hours.

* Your total time online for the event must not exceed 30 hours.
* You may distribute these 30 hours as you want over the event, as long as you’re total playing time does not exceed 30 hours.
* Please note that your online session time counts from when you enter login and password to after the 20 second countdown on logout is finished (regardless of whether the client is closed or not), not from when the game world renders to when you press “log out”.
* Play responsibly. First Planet Company strongly recommends that you take regular breaks and get an extended rest period after long sessions online.

Thanks for the response but that kinda sucks. :(

I believe it was the one who looted it, not the kill shot:yup:

Hehe yeah you right my bad ( too many mission these days mess my mind up :p )

That timer function would really be great if it`s not possible now from MA side i think FPC should demand it from MA so you may get more function`s for the feature mission`s :silly2:

Hehe yeah you right my bad ( too many mission these days mess my mind up :p )

That timer function would really be great if it`s not possible now from MA side i think FPC should demand it from MA so you may get more function`s for the feature mission`s :silly2:

I think someone somewhere in the EU world has been actually listening to us these days and im gonna have to go ahead and assume that Merry Mayhem 2011 is gonna include better time tracking. Until then I will pull out the old Pen and Calculator and keep track of my time the best I can and will try not to forget room in there for some Lag lol.

i think for the timer system there should be only an pause switch and if you want the timer to start again you have to re-login. that would allow people participating to stop and do other things in entropia like hunting another mob for a bit because hunting the same mob for over 6 hours in one session is super boring and would allow people to carry on their business as usual in entopia rather than sacrificing all their week on hunting one mob for 30 hours and nothing else.
perhaps next year.

It just pisses me off that I cant go an do other stuff once the time is up.

If you think that you may want to spend more than 30 hours online during these 5 mission days you could wait and maybe apply for it on the 27th or 28th.

From the wording of the rules, it is not clear that is possible.

Pioneer, can you confirm if it is possible for example to play normally on the 26th and 27th, then on the 28th start the timer, then play 29.99 hours on 28-30th? Or is it max 30 hours from 26-30th no matter which day you start the mission?

I agree, it would be a lot easier if I had a timer in game. If I could add it, I would.

Are you saying that the mission system is not capable of something as simple as a countdown timer? =_=

If you intend to be an assistant, place your name in this thread, to help contestants find you.

And good luck to this year's contestants. :)

A few questions:

1) Will the mission itself remain in your completed missions list after the event?

2) Does the entry for the completed mission (if the answer to the above question is "yes") or the Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma display your personal score, number of kills, or any other unique information related to your event performance, or would one who stands no chance of winning (or top 10'ing) do just as well to accept the mission, maybe kill 1 creature, and turn the mission in to Carl Tucker?

3) Will the 30 hour Online time limit be enforced for those participating to complete the mission and earn the Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma, or only those competing for a top 10 spot? (definitely not saying that one would play more than 30 hours in 5 days anyhow, but sometimes I idle in EU away from the keyboard)

Thank you in advance for any response!

Hmm well atleast it ain`t the "kill shot" like last year and we all remember how that ended with the point`s Merry Mayhem winner list 2009 and cat 1-2 is same like that year.

Gues we wount se thouse high points this year :cool:

So more fair now but dont know if gona put an effort or not this year ,still would like it even more aimed into solo effort :scratch2:

It was the looter that got the point actually last year. He didn`t have to shoot much actually.. ;)

Pioneer, can you confirm if it is possible for example to play normally on the 26th and 27th, then on the 28th start the timer, then play 29.99 hours on 28-30th? Or is it max 30 hours from 26-30th no matter which day you start the mission?

It's max 30 hours from 26th to 30th, no matter which day you start the mission.

Are you saying that the mission system is not capable of something as simple as a countdown timer? =_=

You would have seen it already in the two timed missions if it was.

A few questions:

A few answers:

1) Will the mission itself remain in your completed missions list after the event?

Yes.

2) Does the entry for the completed mission (if the answer to the above question is "yes") or the Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma display your personal score, number of kills, or any other unique information related to your event performance,

No.

or would one who stands no chance of winning (or top 10'ing) do just as well to accept the mission, maybe kill 1 creature, and turn the mission in to Carl Tucker?

That depends on how much you value to have your name on the top 200 list for your category. If you don't, you'd probably do as well.

I might add that there are Iron Challenges for all these critters, so if you haven't completed those, you may work towards both Mayhem and an Iron Challenge.

3) Will the 30 hour Online time limit be enforced for those participating to complete the mission and earn the Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma, or only those competing for a top 10 spot?

It will be enforced for those on the top 200 lists or close to it (in case someone falls out by playing too long). However, it's handled separately from the mission, so you will get your Merry Mayhem Participation Diploma anyway. We won't take that away from you.

Thanks for your questions!

Dont have the peds to compete this year:(

GL to all who go for the prize tho :yay::yay::yay:

It has to be able to time us, one of the newer added missions was for mining and it had a 3 hour time limit if Im not mistaken :scratch2:

sorry posted before i got to the FPC response

From the wording of the rules, it is not clear that is possible.

It's max 30 hours from 26th to 30th, no matter which day you start the mission.

Thanks for rewording my question Xen and thanks for clarifying Pioneer|FPC.

Those are some awesome prizes! Wow

Hope I can find the time to compete!

I just want to clarify for sure for my own slow mind, i cannot log in and craft in this period without it counting towards my MM hours?

I would really like pioneer or hanne or someone to confirm this please.

I just want to clarify for sure for my own slow mind, i cannot log in and craft in this period without it counting towards my MM hours?

I would really like pioneer or hanne or someone to confirm this please.

Well I'm not Hanne or Pioneer but....

The way they described it, it makes it pretty clear that the moment you log in the clock starts clicking down
regardless of what activity you plan to do and pauses the timer when you log off.

Back