The Great Entropia Games l Preliminary thread

Would you like to have an "Olympic" event to reward the many talents of Entropians?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Meculus

Elite
Blastoise Meculus Yarlboro
I've been brewing an idea for some time now of creating an "Olympics" for Entropia. I've done events involving hunting, mining, PVP, racing, search and find as well as a plethora of spontaneous and random events as an excuse to give away the occasional CB5 or 2 in Port Atlantis. So it's about time I put all this together for 1 massive multifaceted event. I do of course have my plans laid out, and will be soliciting planet partners to really make this a sensational intergalactic event that spans our rapidly growing universe. This will happen down the road a bit after we have a larger stock of planets and hopefully supplemented with an upgraded event system (as promised by MA). The large network of people in all trades I have come to know will be utilized to its fullest extent to make this an event where beginners can make a name for themselves, and veterans can truly show their talents.

In pursuit of maximum preparation, and idea building I'd like to hear what your thoughts are on the subject. I'm open to all ideas, and criticisms of course, though the goal here is to really pool your thoughts so I can bring the best thing possible to the community in the end.

What would you like to see in "The Great Entropia Games"?

Furthermore I've added a poll to this thread, I hope to use this to show the planet partners how much their cooperation will be appreciated, so please cast your vote as well as your thoughts on the subject.

This will most likely be 6-12 months out, the best events are the most well planned in my opinion, thus this thread

Thanks in advance for your input.

Last edited:
If you do somehow manage to get planet partners involved, maybe for the "games" there can be free round trip tickets between the planets that you set up somehow - no travel fees for the duration of the "game" and a free trip home. Might be interesting to make this an annual thing so there's at least one time a year that it'll be free for participants to travel to other planets.

Thanks everyone for your votes and contributions so far!!

Sounds fun :)

indeed!

maybe you could speak with promoters of recurring events to make these kind of qualifiers (or a league where u can earn points) for your big olympic finals. the road to championship

indeed!

maybe you could speak with promoters of recurring events to make these kind of qualifiers (or a league where u can earn points) for your big olympic finals. the road to championship

In order to pull this off working with other promoters will almost be a necessity. So I do actually plan on a "sub-cotracted" hierarchy for the event ultimately ;)

Thanks for your comments m8

Back