Why is this allowed?

Status

Aio

Elite
Society
Veterans
Aio Dakina
Ok, so this morning we get a nice new xmasy (? :D great word) VU. Of course, each planet partner is entitled to intro new items and such this, FPC's was mainly a bugfix for Medusa as we know.

But NEVERDIE? He intro'd some new items to (I'm guessing) his area of NI. Why does this warrant a thread?

Take a look at the next pictures; see if you notice anything a little... hmm, odd?

so this is about, 40minutes after the new VU?

Why is "insider info" still allowed - MA used to be this way in the past (oh hai imk3, rancher hat, suggababe's lulzy loots) but recently it seems has become much more professional about the way it operates. Cue NEVERDIE and his "amazing" production team.

It's not like I'm pissed I didn't get the items (wouldn't be hunting there in the first place), but it kinda makes a mockery of the system when a new "discovery" is found; because the person "finding" it put it there in the editor.

Perhaps a shark head and eye are worthless items (odds are they are), but what is stopping TEAM NEVERDIE placing the ultra-rare items, and then going looting them to make money from the community. It's hypothetical, but I wonder how annoyed someone would be if that soc looted a modfap or equivalent and sold it for $35k... little bit of extra income for his failing studio maybe?

Wouldn't mind an MA (at least FPC) response on this. Cos it's pretty blatant they're his mates (or worse, actual developers) abusing their insider knowledge to gain advantage.

The only one answer is Because (its like the fbi when you smell something wrong finally there is nothing wrong )...
There are a lot of examples that just proove Neverdie is advantaged (informations before other, land, item, .......)

Last edited:
and i thought it was warrants and aow we had our tin foil hats on for. i must admit it does seem like a fast discovery from the ND socmate or whatever.. dunno what can we do? go shoot on NI and find something i guess.

Makes you wonder what restrictions the new planet partners have regarding introducing items.

well hoping NOT to get banned again but there is a simple solution

Don't go there ... ND can only survive if ppl hunting/mining/crafting etc. on his grounds ...

If what the OP is correct and he uses his insider knowledge to favour close ppl (which irl would be highly illegal and would if found out be sentenced with prison time !!) then simply do not give him further funds by traveling to RT or NI.

Angel

It happens because they're the only people who hunt dead planets.

PS does anyone give a flying f... ? Seriously? They are worthless items :rolleyes:

and i thought it was warrants and aow we had our tin foil hats on for. i must admit it does seem like a fast discovery from the ND socmate or whatever.. dunno what can we do? go shoot on NI and find something i guess.

AoW are as in the dark as you and I trust me ;) Warrants though.... :D

It happens because they're the only people who hunt dead planets.

PS does anyone give a flying f... ? Seriously? They are worthless items :rolleyes:

Like I said, you wait til one of them gets an item worth 10K+.. questions questions questions :)

Last edited:
Ok, so this morning we get a nice new xmasy (? :D great word) VU. Of course, each planet partner is entitled to intro new items and such this, FPC's was mainly a bugfix for Medusa as we know.

But NEVERDIE? He intro'd some new items to (I'm guessing) his area of NI. Why does this warrant a thread?

Take a look at the next pictures; see if you notice anything a little... hmm, odd?

so this is about, 40minutes after the new VU?

Why is "insider info" still allowed - MA used to be this way in the past (oh hai imk3, rancher hat, suggababe's lulzy loots) but recently it seems has become much more professional about the way it operates. Cue NEVERDIE and his "amazing" production team.

It's not like I'm pissed I didn't get the items (wouldn't be hunting there in the first place), but it kinda makes a mockery of the system when a new "discovery" is found; because the person "finding" it put it there in the editor.

Perhaps a shark head and eye are worthless items (odds are they are), but what is stopping TEAM NEVERDIE placing the ultra-rare items, and then going looting them to make money from the community. It's hypothetical, but I wonder how annoyed someone would be if that soc looted a modfap or equivalent and sold it for $35k... little bit of extra income for his failing studio maybe?

Wouldn't mind an MA (at least FPC) response on this. Cos it's pretty blatant they're his mates (or worse, actual developers) abusing their insider knowledge to gain advantage.

I know John. He has no control over loot system at all. He can make all the new items he wants, but MA runs the system. My guess, why 2 people in the soc hit it, is most likely they knew which mob dropped it and its probably a common drop. Like Drake heads used in those new plate BP. So most likely, those shark heads are similar for some BP. It's not a conspiracy :)

I know John. He has no control over loot system at all. He can make all the new items he wants, but MA runs the system. My guess, why 2 people in the soc hit it, is most likely they knew which mob dropped it and its probably a common drop. Like Drake heads used in those new plate BP. So most likely, those shark heads are similar for some BP. It's not a conspiracy :)
So why should they know which mob drops it then? when the rest of us didn't know before they dropped and they have told us about it or it dropped in a globle...

Nothing new at all. Same thing with this ava and a well known close friend who hangs and hunts with ND in-game.

This also shows it:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=261780

Why is it allowed? Well no-one does anything about it or can to be frank.
He got those ultra common drops. So what? He was most likely 1 of first hunters. Everyone of those discoveries you posted, is not valuable or rare. Let's say calypso was the new planet for arguments sake and you were the 1 of the first players here. Your first hunt would like this: Culwen is first person to discover generic leather, first to discover eye oil etc..
There no conspiracy here.:cool:

He got those ultra common drops. So what? He was most likely 1 of first hunters. Everyone of those discoveries you posted, is not valuable or rare. Let's say calypso was the new planet for arguments sake and you were the 1 of the first players here. Your first hunt would like this: Culwen is first person to discover generic leather, first to discover eye oil etc..
There no conspiracy here.:cool:

but is she inside of ND's circle of influence. thats what this thread is about. its just a question really, and bringing it to everyones attention.

So why should they know which mob drops it then? when the rest of us didn't know before they dropped and they have told us about it or it dropped in a globle...

Let me put it to you this way. If you buy a planet, maybe you get to know which mobs drop what. So what??
The rest of us find out soon enough anyway. We know wich mobs on Calypso drop uber items. Does killing argo give you that ultra rare Korss unlimited worth 60k??? Even if you know what drops what, wont help you get anything of great value, so what, they got some mats for the new bp. Global has nothing to with anything but luck. Ive seen a 12k daikiba young on loot spam. :smoke:

but is she inside of ND's circle of influence. thats what this thread is about. its just a question really, and bringing it to everyones attention.

What attention??
This is not rocket surgery!! There already hanging out there on the planet, OFC they found it first.

Let me put it to you this way. If you buy a planet, maybe you get to know which mobs drop what. So what??
The rest of us find out soon enough anyway. We know wich mobs on Calypso drop uber items. Does killing argo give you that ultra rare Korss unlimited worth 60k??? Even if you know what drops what, wont help you get anything of great value, so what, they got some mats for the new bp. Global has nothing to with anything but luck. Ive seen a 12k daikiba young on loot spam. :smoke:
First of all I mentioned globle because if they did we knew what mob they looted it from without they telling us nothing more

And do you seriously think it's nothing wrong to know which mob will drop something before everyone else knows? (no matter which item, useless or 100k worth)
Yes or No?

(for further discussions I see this will probably lead to there is atleast two better threads for that one)

Tenacity (I believe is Michael - DJ and Vice President of ND Studios), Todd (graphics/models), EnzoMarius (Community Manager/Enzo is forum admin at the NI forum, and Marius is the admin at the RT forum, but both the same person), Force (Joe) Majeure (ofc mgr I am told), and ... other members of Rock Stars hang out in the ND Studios and even get shown stats of new items ... if you haven't seen it, check out ND's docudrama to see it all ... oh, and ... Force thinks he's a demi-god. :wise:

These people are on staff at ND Studios where the development is taking place for both ROCKtropia and Next Island, and where they have inside information (details) as to how the planets are being assembled. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think they should be allowed to play their regular EU avatars, and nor should ND be allowed to play his regular avatar. As staff people, they should be playing official avatars like FPC does, and with no benefits as a regular avatar. I really feel that ND and staff are taking advantage, and taking away from the community by playing their regular avatars. The OP shows proof that staff members were in game right after this current update and benefiting.

Personally, I don't think you truly do know what mob drops what item. There's a subtle difference: You (and I, and any other current player) knows what mob dropped item X last. A developer (or developers friends in this case) know what mob drops item X next.

Sure, we can be guaranteed about small items (such as pixie arms from a snablesnot for example), but can you honestly tell me that if a modfap drops next, you'll know on which mob? Umbra? Feff? Daspletor? Some new big mob?

Let me tell you this, knowing what mob an item drops from is a HUGE, MASSIVE advantage. You don't have to know loot frequency, or be hand-placed to receive that drop, to gain that massive advantage.

Put simply, those with inside knowledge should either be severely restricted by playing (i.e. test accounts which may not loot items) or we could just ruin the fun in the game and release all infos that these people know. I would much prefer, of course, for them just to be restricted.

My biggest problem is that if anyone was attempting to build a case against MA, especially focussed on gambling laws, this is just adding more ammunition to an already plentiful supply.

First of all I mentioned globle because if they did we knew what mob they looted it from without they telling us nothing more

And do you seriously think it's nothing wrong to know which mob will drop something before everyone else knows? (no matter which item, useless or 100k worth)
Yes or No?

(for further discussions I see this will probably lead to there is atleast two better threads for that one)
No i don't at all, i think it they earned that privilege. You the think the guy who owns a race horse does not get tips about which races he should bet or which horse might be doing better or worse. You don't think doctors get special privileges if they fall ill. I can go on and on here with every profession in the fu.. world. Not fair? lol what are you 10 years old? Life is never fair. :smoke:

No i don't at all, i think it they earned that privilege. You the think the guy who owns a race horse does not get tips about which races he should bet or which horse might be doing better or worse. You don't think doctors get special privileges if they fall ill. I can go on and on here with every profession in the fu.. world. Not fair? lol what are you 10 years old? Life is never fair. :smoke:
hmm dont know what to answer to this, where did I speak of fair? You do know this is real money we play with, right?

(was I childish enough for you now? this was my last reply here)

Tenacity (I believe is Michael - DJ and Vice President of ND Studios), Todd (graphics/models), EnzoMarius (Community Manager/Enzo is forum admin at the NI forum, and Marius is the admin at the RT forum, but both the same person), Force (Joe) Majeure (ofc mgr I am told), and ... other members of Rock Stars hang out in the ND Studios and even get shown stats of new items ... if you haven't seen it, check out ND's docudrama to see it all ... oh, and ... Force thinks he's a demi-god. :wise:

These people are on staff at ND Studios where the development is taking place for both ROCKtropia and Next Island, and where they have inside information (details) as to how the planets are being assembled. As far as I'm concerned, I don't think they should be allowed to play their regular EU avatars, and nor should ND be allowed to play his regular avatar. As staff people, they should be playing official avatars like FPC does, and with no benefits as a regular avatar. I really feel that ND and staff are taking advantage, and taking away from the community by playing their regular avatars. The OP shows proof that staff members were in game right after this current update and benefiting.

Nailed it again, no more to say. Couldn't +rep you for saying so.
Anyway over it, night all. Have fun.

Personally, I don't think you truly do know what mob drops what item. There's a subtle difference: You (and I, and any other current player) knows what mob dropped item X last. A developer (or developers friends in this case) know what mob drops item X next.

Sure, we can be guaranteed about small items (such as pixie arms from a snablesnot for example), but can you honestly tell me that if a modfap drops next, you'll know on which mob? Umbra? Feff? Daspletor? Some new big mob?

Let me tell you this, knowing what mob an item drops from is a HUGE, MASSIVE advantage. You don't have to know loot frequency, or be hand-placed to receive that drop, to gain that massive advantage.

Put simply, those with inside knowledge should either be severely restricted by playing (i.e. test accounts which may not loot items) or we could just ruin the fun in the game and release all infos that these people know. I would much prefer, of course, for them just to be restricted.

My biggest problem is that if anyone was attempting to build a case against MA, especially focussed on gambling laws, this is just adding more ammunition to an already plentiful supply.
Do you think the people who own these rare items like those fancy armors no one can afford or like you mentioned Modfap deserve to save that money? OFC you do, everyone wants the 1 pec decay for fap, but you got spend that 50k ped right? So for 10 million ped, maybe he gets a tip here and there. He deserves it no? 50k ped for fap you save decay, 10 million ped you get to know a thing or 2 . I really don't see any problem here at all. :smoke:

If thats the way it seen by ND Studios well fair enough but then he can kiss goodbye to my peds plain and simple.

Do you think it makes good business sense for a company that is after our entertainment dollar to make it obvious that the playing field is unbalanced unless you are on the inside?

Life may never be fair but dont come crying when the consequences come back and bite you on the arse :cool:

Given the ethics you display here remind me to never visit any of your planets,Pretty funny really given the song and dance you made in another thread about being ethical in all things you do. :silly2:

Do you think the people who own these rare items like those fancy armors no one can afford or like you mentioned Modfap deserve to save that money? OFC you do, everyone wants the 1 pec decay for fap, but you got spend that 50k ped right? So for 10 million ped, maybe he gets a tip here and there. He deserves it no? 50k ped for fap you save decay, 10 million ped you get to know a thing or 2 . I really don't see any problem here at all. :smoke:

This isn't spending £1k at a bar so the barstaff drops you a free champagne. This is a developer profiting on his own creation from his customers. I think if you read up a little on gambling laws, you'll find this is massively illegal. Let's not talk hypothetical situations with doctors and flu jabs here, I'm talking about real life. If you run a gambling institution, you're not allowed bet on your own shit.

hmm dont know what to answer to this, where did I speak of fair? You do know this is real money we play with, right?

(was I childish enough for you now? this was my last reply here)
I think your trying to find fault where there is none. The reason i mentioned about fairness, is because that's basically what your complaining about.

It seems to me the larger concern here is not whether ND's cronies have access to knowledge of worthless crafting materials about to drop for the first time from a mob, but whether MA will allow for some sort of special uber item to drop, and they'll have the only foreknowledge of the mob from which it drops. None of us care if Force Majeure discovers the Next Island version of eye oil. We do care if he, or another of the NEVERDIE soc pick up a Death Drake gun which turns out to have better stats than an imp strikehammer. So let me pose a question to all those suspicious out there of such goings on. Given that MA still controls the eco balance on every item, do you really think they will start introducing such items on any planet, much less Next Island? Sure, NEVERDIE can request a fap that has stats like a modfap, but that doesn't mean MA will produce it. More likely, it will come out with stats that look similar to a 2500 deluxe. Now I certainly do not think any of us condones insider trading where high end items are concerned, but honestly, do you really think MA, who is the real holder of power in this case, will ever let something like that happen to ruin their reputation, tarnished as it is already?

Edit: This is not to say that NEVERDIE and his lackeys won't absolutely try to do this, exactly. I believe with every fiber of my being that they are every bit nepotistic, and egoistic enough to do so.

Status
Back