Why is this allowed?

Status
To Lavawalker ... your post was a perfect summary, so thanks for taking the time to put it together. In all fairness though, the only thing I would point out is the fact that David's statement was referring to the theme of a planet, and that is what's checked. It was referring to content and certain sensitive areas that might be offensive or inappropriate, and had nothing to do with conflict of interest. So we still need to find out what MA's position is on all of this.

That is fair enough, MA needs to come out with a clear statement on the company policies regarding the such.

The other fact remains ... ND is involved with the first two planets launched, and this issue came up before when ROCKtropia went live, but nothing was said or done about it by MA. Quite frankly, I don't think they give a rat's ass about the current community, but are banking on new players coming in who don't know anything different, or who might not give it a second thought. However, conflict of interest is conflict of interest, and I don't think the community should let this die this time. I'm sure that's what they're hoping will happen yet again, but it can't. This is far too important. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on this yet as a major controversy within a real cash economy.

I am hoping the media does not catch on personally.
Hopefully MA does do something about it and does show it does it without prejudice.
ie. Neverdie operates by the same token and handbook as all partners do.

Last edited:
Jod, you are miss quoting me to suit your own purposes. To make it as simple as I possible can, all I want is for people to stop insinuating(that means stop saying in a round about way) that ND can cheat when none of us have any idea what the rules for planet partners are. Maybe he can cheat, maybe he can't. I really don't know, and neither do you. Instead of trying to find a witch to burn try petitioning MA to release what the rules are.

If that is not as plain as it gets then I don't how to simplify it anymore.

Jod, you are miss quoting me to suit your own purposes. To make it as simple as I possible can, all I want is for people to stop insinuating(that means stop saying in a round about way) that ND can cheat when none of us have any idea what the rules for planet partners are. Maybe he can cheat, maybe he can't. I really don't know, and neither do you. Instead of trying to find a witch to burn try petitioning MA to release what the rules are.

If that is not as plain as it gets then I don't how to simplify it anymore.

I didnt mis-quote you at all.I didn't change anything in your posts and dealt with them piece by piece.
If you can point to where I altered your posts to suit my own purposes I'm more than willing to listen.

If you can see any signs of regulation please point them out.

Its absolutely clear that a planet partner can 'cheat' by getting a head start on knowing what is going to happen on his planet and when.(How many times must it be said that this is about all planet partners?)

If thats not as plain as it gets then I don't how to simplify it anymore.

You seem to just not want to get the important points being made in this thread when they've been explained umpteen times in eleventeen different ways.You just keep going back to things that have been explained away so I guess theres no point bashing my head against a brick wall trying anymore.

I have to agree with Jod on this one Corey ... there's no insinuating about it ... the "appearance of potential impropriety" is clearly present, and this has been made quite clear. And yes, this applies to every planet partner and not just to ND. However, it is ND who has set this rolling stone in motion if you will, by creating his own (taxed) island on a planet his studio is developing, while still continuing to play his regular EU avatar, along with his staff and family who frequently hang out in the ND Studios where development content is not isolated or secure ... not to mention Rock Star society members as well, so ... there is definitely a real issue here, and ... it's something that should be addressed by MindArk.

Whether you want to accept it or not Corey ... this community has some very valid concerns. :wise:

Reactions: jod
but ND says that Force brings in girls to the office all the time, and that it "sets the tone" ... except he also says, that it "distracts his staff" ... this to me isn't a professionally run development environment.

Yeah he was inboxing a very good friend and soc mate of mine on this forum he has never met in game or out asking her to Skype him out of nowhere and insulting me in the process. Nothing like revealing what a true asshole you are. And I used to think he was an okay guy. All I can say is FAIL! LMFAO

Just as a heads up ... I did send an email to David Simmonds and gave him a link to this thread. I mentioned that he might want to check it out, and that it would be nice if MA could make some sort of response to set the community at ease, because this was such a huge issue.

He responded to me, thanked me for the heads up, and said that he would look into it.

Maybe, just maybe we might get a post from MA that will shed some light on where they stand in all of this.

I'm hoping so.

Say it ain't so!

[/QUOTE] Force (Joe) Majeure (ofc mgr I am told), and ... other members of Rock Stars hang out in the ND Studios and even get shown stats of new items ... if you haven't seen it, check out ND's docudrama to see it all ... oh, and ... Force thinks he's a demi-god. :wise:[/QUOTE]

:eyecrazy: What? What?!!!??? WHAT?????????? You're telling me Force Majeure is not a Demi-God???!! :confused:

NOOOOoooooooo!!! It can't be true! :confused:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Okay last post then I am done.
Just because ND has advanced knowledge does not mean he can use that knowledge.
So its theoretically possible that MA is full of a bunch of morons and complete skipped any contracts.
More likely it is has executives who know what they are doing and had lawyers pour over the contract.
Just because MA doesn't reply to every little whine doesn't mean they are "sweeping it under the rug".

Somehow I get the feeling that I am going to be the one with a "distorted" point of view on this again. I really must be crazy :)

However, conflict of interest is conflict of interest, and I don't think the community should let this die this time. I'm sure that's what they're hoping will happen yet again, but it can't. This is far too important. I'm surprised the media hasn't picked up on this yet as a major controversy within a real cash economy.

Maybe MA are hoping the media pick up on it under the belief there's no such thing as bad publicity :D

But yeah, joking aside, this should have been dealt with a long time ago. No debate required.

Just because MA doesn't reply to every little whine doesn't mean they are "sweeping it under the rug".

Somehow I get the feeling that I am going to be the one with a "distorted" point of view on this again. I really must be crazy :)

And this is the type of statement that pisses me off ... sorry, but it does ... to label healthy discussion a whine is incredibly narrow-minded. There are no whines or complaints here, but valid questions being raised that have an effect on our community. If you can't even see that, then yes ... you are the one with the distorted point of view.

Last edited:
And this is the type of statement that pisses me off ... sorry, but it does ... to label healthy discussion a whine is incredibly narrow-minded. There are no whines or complaints here, but valid questions being raised that have an effect on our community. If you can't even see that, then yes ... you are the one with the distorted point of view.

I third that...
To Corey:
No one is whining here.... This information was asked for when RockTropia came out. Maybe go read my first post and see how MA USED to do things. We have every reason to to think they'd expect the same from their planet partners or at the very least clarify this for us. Their silence making the situation worse.

I guess if you haven't been here that long, (says you just joined in Nov of this year) then you possibly just don't understand the depth of this discussion and how things work overall. So, yes, bow out for a bit, open your mind to other peoples reasons..... read and learn. :wise: You're coming across as a fan boy in a very very serious discussion. :(

Reactions: das
Hey btw can anyone shoot me the link to the video of the women in the studio... ?

It seems the links were removed.

Just gotta see it. :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Last edited:
Hey btw can anyone shoot me the link to the video of the women in the studio... ?

It seems the links were removed.

Just gotta see it. :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

What links were removed, and from where?

*you pervert* :laugh:

Last edited:
Someone should really save that video before ND realises it should be taken down.

Last edited:
Look up, and click on the Neverdie Documentary link on Youtube, in the post above. That one:lolup:
I'm confused ... I linked the ND docudrama video in post #20 ... and why I'm asking what links were removed, because my link is still there and hasn't been removed.

Last edited:

And forth!

In that case, can you please post a list of all the full avatar names of people who work for or are similarly associated with the studios?

Can we take the lack of response to this as a no?

MS9 closed the other thread so i have to post here now, figures

You are one of about 4 or 5 who have posted opposing opinions on these issues, so I wouldn't call that something you could use as a statistic. If you've read every post in the threads now running regarding these issues, then you must be smart enough to realize that the majority are on board with regard to there absolutely being issues, no?

It's not about being against ND for making money, but about an excessive amount of branding that he himself said he was going to do across many planets to create a CND chain, which IMO, as well as others stating so, has a potential negative impact on our universe, and ... also about the conflict of interest that exists. However, it seems that this is a bit difficult for you to comprehend that many of us think this way, so you would rather throw a generalized statement into a post about some made up stats and personally attack me rather than adding something constructive to the discussion that expresses your point of view.

Welcome to the forum! :)

EDIT:

Community = the members of this forum who participate in discussions. I thought that you would have understood that.

well community to me is everyone that partakes in the entropia universe, wether they are in a forum or not.

and since that FPC is not the center of the universe you can not call this THE community any more.

and am i not allowed to have an opposing opinion?

trust me when i say there is way more people out there that dont care about forums that are a bigger part of this community.

and i use the term community as entropia universe platform, its web sites, and third party forums.

with new planets brings a new community way of thinking, and right now it looks like you need to adapt a bit.

oh and just because there is only 4-5 people coming out about this, dont assume that there isnt more.

so how come no one complained when that vexed clothing did there specific BRAND of components in this universe, where was all the complaining then if this isnt about just ND?

and how come we are not attacking F.O.M.A for branding his part of the universe too?

if we attack one, we must attack ALL that have branded names, or visions to spread their brand across the universe.

well community to me is everyone that partakes in the entropia universe, wether they are in a forum or not.

Fine, your definition, but ... I tend to interact with community members who participate at forums and find it advantageous to be informed and connected.

and since that FPC is not the center of the universe you can not call this THE community any more.

Guess what? ... THE community used to be a collective group when this was EF, but when the EF database was sold to FPC, they also sold the entire mass collective community, so this is where everyone is, and where the majority interact on issues concerning our universe. And as was made clear by JohnCapital (moderator), Hanne created this "Other Planets Discussion" sub-forum so that we would have a place to have this type of interaction since the majority of the posting community was here.

and am i not allowed to have an opposing opinion?

Of course you're allowed to have an opposing opinion ... that's what discussion is all about, but you came on like gangbusters and personally attacked me, just like you did at the NI and EP forums. You're not adding constructive content to the discussion, but rather aggressively attacking what is my opinion thank you.

trust me when i say there is way more people out there that dont care about forums that are a bigger part of this community.

It's a choice as to whether anyone wants to participate in a forum or not, but those that do, have opinions based on history and personal experiences, and these are the people who contribute to discussions about issuesthat concern them. Is that really that difficult for you to understand? :scratch2:

and i use the term community as entropia universe platform, its web sites, and third party forums.

with new planets brings a new community way of thinking, and right now it looks like you need to adapt a bit.

Funny how you think it's only me that needs to adapt ... obviously you haven't read the discussion threads completely through ... if you had, then your stats wouldn't be so skewed.

oh and just because there is only 4-5 people coming out about this, dont assume that there isnt more.

I can only laugh at this one! :laugh:

so how come no one complained when that vexed clothing did there specific BRAND of components in this universe, where was all the complaining then if this isnt about just ND?

You don't get it do you ... Vexed was an epic fail, an no one complained because they were on one planet, making a go of real life marketing of products. The issue here is excessive branding of one person across the entire universe that has the potential of being a negative, rather than a positive. It's not just one planet, but many, and ... on planets that are not owned by ND, but collecting income while he and his staff are still playing their regular avatars.

and how come we are not attacking F.O.M.A for branding his part of the universe too?

if we attack one, we must attack ALL that have branded names, or visions to spread their brand across the universe.

You're mixing apples and oranges, and obviously you can't see that with your references to Vexed and FOMA.

I'm done with you CM ... unless you come back less attacking and add something that makes sense to me.

Last edited:
so what are the specific negative parts of any specific branding of one such person or company across the entropia platform?

Last edited:
MindStar9 said:
You are one of about 4 or 5 who have posted opposing opinions on these issues, so I wouldn't call that something you could use as a statistic. If you've read every post in the threads now running regarding these issues, then you must be smart enough to realize that the majority are on board with regard to there absolutely being issues, no?

I have not posted about this because I have respect for people on both sides of the argument, and the thread(s) don't appear to be that constructive, regardless of what I posted someone would be offended.

My view on the branding issue:
It was stupid for anyone to expect a planet produced by a studio to not have that studios influence on said planet. Anyone who thought otherwise was delusional.
I have no issue with the "NEVERDIE" brand being used in sections of plants that his studio creates, it seems a logical way for business to me not even considering his known ego. If i play a sports simulator produced by EA Sports, then I expect to see EA logos within the game (and I do) how is this any different?

My view on studio employees playing the game:
I personally saw improvements and details made to Rocktropia over the summer that never would have been possible if there weren't people from the studio playing WITH the people.
I as a fresh immigrant to Rocktropia was able to play on a regular basis with TO2D, EZ, Marius & Tenacity, they played with the people and helped them. It wasn't a hidden government throwing down mandates and taxes, they were real people that you could communicate with. Now as someone who has established my self there I am able to send them pms with recommendations and issues, let them know what is going on in the community so that they have a feel for it. I have no idea if anything I say effects anything, but I am always treated as though my opinions are valuable, and that is really what matters. It is something I never felt on Calypso, either from the developers or from the established player base. And it came about because they had studio employees playing the game.
I honestly feel that is why Rocktropia has as strong a community feel as it does.

No, I dont feel that they should be allowed an unfair advantage. Yes it would be nice for there to be transparency as to MAs rules as well as any additional rules that ND studios has for their employees.

Do I think that them getting discoveries was because of insider information? Absolutely not. Any idiot would know that there were going to be discoveries that day, and there were many. Heck, I got some blueprint discoveries as well as some gun discoveries on rocktropia, are you going to burn me for insider information? I knew there would be blueprints, I've logged in every vu for the past 3 months and clicked something in hopes that would be the one.

I would much rather ND employees play openly where I can see them than to have MA/FPCs secret favored ones amongst us that I cant see or know about.

I don't like the image Force and the Rockstars have portrayed. I despise his view and attitude towards women. I despise the way some of his soc treated people(including myself) at revival areas. I think that he is damaging for neverdies image and company. (I have no idea if its real or a show, but it bothers me)

In conclusion:
1. These threads have been flame bait and so I haven't posted, but don't say that I agree with the "community" just because I have remained silent.
2. I have no problem with NEVERDIE branding on his work. (after all they are his work)
3. I have no issue with the studio players playing. But agree it would be nice to have public guidelines that they follow regarding "insider information"

narfi

... but don't say that I agree with the "community" just because I have remained silent.

I clarified that community to me meant those who were posting and contributing in the threads, not inclusive of those who weren't.

I clarified that community to me meant those who were posting and contributing in the threads, not inclusive of those who weren't.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that if I play EU (on any planet) and I do not post my opinion into threads on this forum or any other forum then I am NOT a member of the EU community?

If I understand correctly, you are saying that if I play EU (on any planet) and I do not post my opinion into threads on this forum or any other forum then I am NOT a member of the EU community?

I wish people wouldn't twist my words, but just for clarification ... when I use the word community within a discussion, I am referring to people who are actually contributing to the discussion. Sorry for the confusion, perhaps I should explicitly say that I am referring to members posting in a discussion instead of using the word community.

Better yet ... I am done with his discussion, and anything further that needs to be said can be posted by other members of this forum community.

I'm still hoping that we hear something from MA on the issues.

Reactions: das
Status
Back