Why is this allowed?

Status
after reading through more posts i really think we all should voice our concerns in support tickets. by the way i know i have a bad habit of doing it but lets stay on topic so this don't get closed!

Reactions: jod

Last edited:
This discussion may just go into infinity without any resolution to the corruption and inside-trading info matters. Online ethics and morality is perhaps a serious issue and the perpetrators will just ignore, delete or flame here. If you think to have a case and warrants action to be undetaken, I suggest you compile your evidence and report it to the international FBI cybercrime division to have them launch a thorough investigation into the matter regarding this MMO. If the house is clean they have nothing to fear right?

Don`t delude yourself. Best case scenario they`ll pick some scapegoat to please few people. But next thing you know that goat will shed its skin and be reborn as some sheep or whatever animal of choice.

Business will just go on as usual. It`s human nature you have to change not spanking some goat.

I missed your ethics bit. I'll sum it up easy for you. Business is war. All is fair in Love & War. :tiphat:

Ok fair enough.

So if you own a publicly listed company and one of your employees leeks info to traders saying that your company is in trouble-not massively in trouble and its something you could trade out of if given the right amount of time till reports are necessary-which causes a mass sell out rendering your company worthless you wouldn't do anything about it because hey all is fair and love and war right ;)

Its fine if you see it that way but that door swings both ways :)

I wonder what those behind the desks are thinking atm.

ND : Oh I fucked up again.
MA : Don't worry about it, it will blow over, we will just sweep it under the carpet like everything else.
ND : Sounds good, btw, my next plan is to open McNeverdie Clubs all over Entropia.
MA : Wait for this to blow over first. Just stay quiet and we will do the same.
ND : Sure thing. Gotta run, surfs up !

Ok fair enough.

So if you own a publicly listed company and one of your employees leeks info to traders saying that your company is in trouble-not massively in trouble and its something you could trade out of if given the right amount of time till reports are necessary-which causes a mass sell out rendering your company worthless you wouldn't do anything about it because hey all is fair and love and war right ;)

Its fine if you see it that way but that door swings both ways :)
It's not a crime if you don't get caught ;):smoke:

This thread is just stupid! C'mon FFS..... Don't you people have anything better to do? They're worth like 1 pec each and are like getting animal oil residue from Calypso. STFU unless you're gonna come up and check the place out for yourselves.

Menace

LOL you may start the war but you certainly will loose the battle.

My suggestion is go over to NI/Rocktopia Forum you may find people who agree with you over there.

PS: I was 1 cm away with my mouse pointer to also neg rep you but I think my mouse will do the final 10 mm soon when I have to read more of you're fanboy blind eyed statements...
This has nothing to do with the blog at all. This person is abusing the repping system and thinks the whole world should think like them. The purpose in itself of these threads to discuss things, i respect people opinions. You do not neg rep somone for having a difference of opinion. Opinions are like a..holes, everyone got 1 ;). If we start neg repping for that, we would be at it all day. That person is fu.. ignorant piece of garbage!! I would not piss on em if there were on fire. To answer your blog, i am neither a fan boy, nor i am looking for anyone to agree with me. I don't need outside approval for my way of thinking. For example, i don't know you, and if you owned that planet , i would say same exact thing. This is the way see it. That's all, nothing more nothing less. I don't think less fo you for your views. But if want to attack me for my views, now we got a problem. Everyone way to judgmental, this is discussion thread is it not? so your saying you hate anyone who does not view the world your way? Narrow fu.... minded.:smoke:

For the record i did not start that war. Secondly the war won't end till one us stops breathing. I hate rude disrespectful people.

This thread is just stupid! C'mon FFS..... Don't you people have anything better to do? They're worth like 1 pec each and are like getting animal oil residue from Calypso. STFU unless you're gonna come up and check the place out for yourselves.

Menace

I'm sorry Menace, but you are missing the point here ... It is not about the value, its about pointing something out that irl is

ILLEGAL

and most likely illegal in EU as well ... If not illegal by the rights of the EULA then at the very most extremely unethical.
The actual ped value of the item or items in question is secondary (if that).

Wonder why not 'official' is responding to this thread ... Or are they all on ND's payroll ?

Angel

It happens because they're the only people who hunt dead planets.

PS does anyone give a flying f... ? Seriously? They are worthless items :rolleyes:
It's not the item............it's the way they are handling it... some players are getting insider info and taking adventage of it... Personally i think it's a serius issue and MA should address it asap.

Similar to insider info here is another issue:
I've explored the whole of mainland this morning....................the only mob i've encountered is Boar with low HP.. probability wise they are not gonna drop any good lot .....so ppl are not hunting there....oh yes a few monkeys too!

With the initial release, it was reported to be due to a bug no mobs were spawnning in main land of Next Island! Now, even after this new content release, the bug for the Mainland Mobs has not been fixed (only low hp boar and monkey?).... .on the ohter hand, we got 2 more new mobs in ND resort island.....

ND studio being the developper of the Next Island........ makes me wonder whether the main land mob bug is deliberate or not... i see a huge conflict of interest there...

Coming to your point... it's not the item.... it begs questions on ones character (if proven to be true). I think for the sake of MA's own future (and probably tied to our interest) these kind of things should be prevented at any cost....

Having said that...i've to admit I had a very nice return from hunting during the last weekend. Also i love this planet... i'm enjoying it's natural envirionment (not the disgusting pirates or big skulls and skkeleton spanning the streets or buildings at some tp location in ND island) .. and that's why i'm still here on next island.

Last edited:
Do you think the people who own these rare items like those fancy armors no one can afford or like you mentioned Modfap deserve to save that money? OFC you do, everyone wants the 1 pec decay for fap, but you got spend that 50k ped right? So for 10 million ped, maybe he gets a tip here and there. He deserves it no? 50k ped for fap you save decay, 10 million ped you get to know a thing or 2 . I really don't see any problem here at all. :smoke:

You really have no idea how business works do you. What you are referring to equates to insider trading. Otherwise known as unfair advantage. You can go to prison for it.

It's not a crime if you don't get caught ;):smoke:

I neither agree nor approve with a statement like the one above from you and I think it did not add to your reputation so thats what the rep system is for, in my view.

Really?

OK I'll name 1 for u..

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WHOIS information for clubneverdie.com :
[/FONT] [Querying whois.verisign-grs.com]
[whois.verisign-grs.com]

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: CLUBNEVERDIE.COM
Registrar: DOTSTER, INC.
Whois Server: whois.dotster.com
Referral URL: http://www.dotster.com
Name Server: NS1.CRYZTAL-WEB13.COM
Name Server: NS2.CRYZTAL-WEB13.COM
Updated Date: 18-nov-2010
Creation Date: 11-oct-2005
Expiration Date: 11-oct-2011

<<
Now guess which auction had NOT been announced yet by MA the 11th oct 2005? That's right.

There's also the case where he according to public records pawned his house few days before the auction was official, but I can't quite find those old threads atm... anyway, point? ;)

...moving on

If i am not wrong, ND wanted (or even did) bid on Treasure Island. Maybe he did the reg. and loan on his house just in case MA makes a new offer....
But it´s a bit fishy..

Menace

Interesting thing is that several items (including those the thread is about) that has been "discovered" has already been discovered before :silly2:

If i am not wrong, ND wanted (or even did) bid on Treasure Island. Maybe he did the reg. and loan on his house just in case MA makes a new offer....
But it´s a bit fishy..
Yes.. less than two weeks before the auction. Simply a coincidence. Sure :)

No i don't at all, i think it they earned that privilege. You the think the guy who owns a race horse does not get tips about which races he should bet or which horse might be doing better or worse. You don't think doctors get special privileges if they fall ill. I can go on and on here with every profession in the fu.. world. Not fair? lol what are you 10 years old? Life is never fair. :smoke:
If you don't get it after the opening post and MS9 post.... it;s not worthwhile to respond to your post anymore.... now have fun

I hate rude disrespectful people.

You should really see a shrink about your self-hate-issue :dunno:

People keep attacking me for no reason. You don't understand cause your not being persecuted.

No I have just been attacked, PM-spammed, threatened with IRL/ingame damage, followed by trolls, etc etc etc etc... I wouldn't understand :rolleyes:

Still trying to find that thread Neverdie made about the virtual egg sale.
Ah memories, if you read this ND, don't say I didn't warn you waaaaaaay in advance this would happen. :yup:

Funny how quick time catches up with you !

hmm IMHO after a long day of working a developer should also be able to enjoy the fruits of his work WITH his customers and not get flamed by them.
I think if we would communicate with them in a more reasonable way that would actually be beneficial for all of us.
However that just doesn't happen and I must admit so far their product is shitty. (sry but true...)

and i thought it was warrants and aow we had our tin foil hats on for. i must admit it does seem like a fast discovery from the ND socmate or whatever.. dunno what can we do? go shoot on NI and find something i guess.

This made me spit coffee all over my monitor at work :lolup:

hmm IMHO after a long day of working a developer should also be able to enjoy the fruits of his work WITH his customers and not get flamed by them.
Are you saying that getting paid an hourly salary to create 3d models and put them in the game is not enough payment? He also needs to be able to log in to that virtual world and take opportunities away from the real customers of that virtual world by taking possession of items that are set up for them to have (which is exactly what he's doing by killing stuff and looting it, crafting, etc.)?

If all he did was log in, not hunt, not mine, not craft, not plaster his name all over the place on gigantic billboards, but just enjoyed the social aspects of the game in chat, just paid the transport fees on his one avatar to move down to Calypso to handle the bank instead of taking money from the poor hanger owners by cheating the system with his second avatar, etc., I don't think anyone would have problems.

The problem is there's two avatars or more, insider info on where the spawns are since he created the blasted spawns in the first place - might not be able to know ahead of what will loot, but probably does know where the higher maturity mobs are as well as where the mob spawns are thicker in population size, what paths would be easiest to maneuver on land vehicle without a lot of SI damage as he created the terrain, etc.

Last edited:
My only hope from all these controversial issues is that, MA, ND and other plane partners will learn.... and make EU a better game....and the best MMORPG in the virtual world.

Are you saying that getting paid an hourly salary to create 3d models and put them in the game is not enough payment?

The problem is there's two avatars or more, insider info on where the spawns are (since he created the blasted spawns in the first place - might not be able to know ahead of what will loot, but probably does know where the higher maturity mobs are as well as where the mob spawns are thicker in population size, what paths would be easiest to maneuver on land vehicle without a lot of SI damage as he created the terrain, etc.)

To answer the first question: no. IMHO if u just want some hourly salary then you can chose a lot more comfortable ways to do so and even more profitable and secure. So I don't think it would be fair to take the experience away from the devs AND for community spirit.
In the second part of the post u allready answered the problem yourself... those who are in control of the loot (MA) don't play. Those who have no clue how the system works are allowed to play like everyone else. :)
Ohh and to avoiding SI dmg on car... just don't race into that tree. :tongue2:

Yes, Skam had to retire her regular EU avatar, and was given an official avatar by FPC, and all other FPC staff use official avatars as well. The official avatars are definitely restricted, and I think this should be the standard for all planet partner development staff, no matter what position you hold in the company.

I support the above proposal.

You really have no idea how business works do you. What you are referring to equates to insider trading. Otherwise known as unfair advantage. You can go to prison for it.

Sure, maybe in theory. Thing is insider trading is very difficult to prove and most just don`t give a damn and do it anyways cos there`s dozens of ways to circumvent the system.

Some say Gordon Gekko character from Wallstreet was based on Carl Icahn. Guy`s pretty much filthy rich and still taking over companies and free as a bird. Only place where he went to jail was in the movie, in some fantasy social Utopia of Oliver Stone.

I support the above proposal.

Sure and what`s her secret avi, cos we know all MA have a secondary secret avi also.( Was admitted openly and it`s no speculation or even subject of debate.) Could be an exception Hanne doesn`t have one but the others do.

If one person could kindly PROVE beyond a doubt that this discovery was made PURELY due to this "inside information" you all speak of I would appreciate it. Until then I am considering this thread an attempt to defame the NEVERDIE name and all people/companies associated with it.

P.S. When people speak of "illegal" activities.... maybe they should look at Libel, slander, and defamation of character here....

Menace

Status
Back