Why is this allowed?

Status
hmm IMHO after a long day of working a developer should also be able to enjoy the fruits of his work WITH his customers and not get flamed by them.
I think if we would communicate with them in a more reasonable way that would actually be beneficial for all of us.
However that just doesn't happen and I must admit so far their product is shitty. (sry but true...)

if he wasn't using the Neverdie avatar then no one would know. Just as Hanne and everyone else at FPC and Mindark has a secret avatar for use on the live servers.

What most people would like to know is that the same conditions of use that are applied to the FPC and MA avatars are also on the ND studio ones and on any other planet partners.

I am not a lawyer, so i dont know what exactly is illegal or not regarding the use of EU.
What i know is that this virtual world needs RULES, clear and transparent RULES regarding what player can do or not.
Now it is obvious when you are here surviving since a while that the rules and their application are not the same for all.
Ok, let's face it. The problem is that brakes the trust one can put in this game and those who run it. Mine has gone, for sure. So is going away my interest...slowly, but surely.
When MA, ND or whoever boys will play alone in their nice virtual worlds it will be too late..

If one person could kindly PROVE beyond a doubt that this discovery was made PURELY due to this "inside information" you all speak of I would appreciate it. Until then I am considering this thread an attempt to defame the NEVERDIE name and all people/companies associated with it.

P.S. When people speak of "illegal" activities.... maybe they should look at Libel, slander, and defamation of character here....

Menace

Can you give at least a semi-plausible alternative explanation ?

PS. please look up the actual meaning of terms before flinging accusations.

Please PLEASE answer this question.....

I have a real serious question here......

What happens when Arkadia opens up and someone from Dark Knights gets a discovery, or a big HoF/ATH etc? Are you all going to crucify Ozi? If so..... you're all just messed up in the head.... if not... then leave NEVERDIE alone already.

Menace

What happens when Arkadia opens up and someone from Dark Knights gets a discovery, or a big HoF/ATH etc? Are you all going to crucify Ozi? If so..... you're all just messed up in the head.... if not... then leave NEVERDIE alone already.

Menace

depends if "someone from dark knights" had inside info or not...
Fact that NVD was reading this thread 30 minutes ago & left wo a statement tells me a lot;)

you're all just messed up in the head...... then leave NEVERDIE alone already.

Menace

leave_neverdie_alone.jpg

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

Menace

If someone of DK or DK-Squires would work there and do so: Yes. Otherwise: No.

If one person could kindly PROVE beyond a doubt that this discovery was made PURELY due to this "inside information" you all speak of I would appreciate it. Until then I am considering this thread an attempt to defame the NEVERDIE name and all people/companies associated with it.

P.S. When people speak of "illegal" activities.... maybe they should look at Libel, slander, and defamation of character here....

Menace

Yeah, NEVERDIE definitely has more of a case against the people in this thread, especially as the majority of questions are legitimate (multiple avatars, conflict of interest, technical "insider trading").

If he wants to file a libel case against me personally he is more than welcome. I would assume that the judge presiding would have as much of a chuckle as I would about it.

Sure and what`s her secret avi, cos we know all MA have a secondary secret avi also.( Was admitted openly and it`s no speculation or even subject of debate.) Could be an exception Hanne doesn`t have one but the others do.

I am supporting MindStar's proposal and what you say has no bearing on that whatsoever.

If you have an issue with MindStar please take it up with her and do not try to dilute my comments.

I am supporting MindStar's proposal and what you say has no bearing on that whatsoever.

If you have an issue with MindStar please take it up with her and do not try to dilute my comments.

I think you misunderstood the post by Mikass ... there's no issue, and the person being talked about was Hanne/Skam, and not me. I think it was just worded in a way that could have been misinterpreted. :)

Interesting thing is that several items (including those the thread is about) that has been "discovered" has already been discovered before :silly2:

This seems to have gone unnoticed. It's a well known bug that some common items keep getting "re-discovered" after a VU (Basic Filters, Generic Leather Texture etc). As evidence, see Shark Head on Entropedia - click on the History tab and look at the time of creation. It is 10-12-2010 or December 10th. Shark Eye is not on Entropedia but Nighthawk was right about the head so the eye had probably been discovered earlier as well.

IMO there's no issue based on these two items.

Just a few of the previous discussions about multiple avatars. Most of those focus on others besides the multiple Neverdie Studio avatars though. This IS a major and ongoing series of issues that's been going on a long time, and that support seems to not want to do much about...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/....-Isn-t-it-obvious&highlight=multiple+avatars

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-we-do-about-it...&highlight=multiple+avatars

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-hunted-and-banned&highlight=multiple+avatars

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...at-no-longer-exist&highlight=multiple+avatars - Edited the first post in hope that FPC or MA or whoever is behind support might just take the time to read it again... much insider info, or at least politicial drama games there that could have huge impacts on the entire virtual universe, and already does sort of... stuff that MA|FPC actually appoves of by not doing anything about submitted support ticket!

Last edited:

Where did you get that idea? I have no issue with anyone.

Was just making a point that MA/FPC uses secondary secret avis.

Do you think would really make a difference if they make these well known avis into secret avis, the identity of which will remain secret to most people? Only difference it would make might be some public perception.
The advantages and others perks they have would be the same. People just won`t know who they are anymore and everything will be under some shroud of secrecy.

I`d rather have it all out in the open if you ask me, rather than having them pose as normal players.

Last edited:
I told em no sleep till u find them sharks...went missing after launch..

Word is they found em and got attacked!!!

Damn ferocious sharks! I guess I can't blame em for defending themselves, woulda done the same myself...

They forgot of course they were gonna make discoveries..

Good thing in my opinionmthat everyone knows they work for NEVERDIE Studios

Can't get any more transparent than that.. That way if they loot something rare and valuable you will be the first to know about it..

I don't stand for secret avatars at my company! I like to keep an eye on things!

Damn ferocious sharks! I guess I can't blame em for defending themselves, woulda done the same myself...

Can't get any more transparent than that.. That way if they loot something rare and valuable you will be the first to know about it..

I don't stand for secret avatars at my company! I like to keep an eye on things!

poor statement :(

Well, this statement doesn't help the main issues this thread is discussing ... insider info, conflict of interest, and your opinion as to what has been suggested by MindStar9 as a potential solution to this problem:
Yes, Skam had to retire her regular EU avatar, and was given an official avatar by FPC, and all other FPC staff use official avatars as well. The official avatars are definitely restricted, and I think this should be the standard for all planet partner development staff, no matter what position you hold in the company. I also don't think that regular EU avatar players in the society of a staff member should be allowed to casually hang out in the office either.......

Last edited:

Hmm make a statement errr play dumb. Hhmmm

Very professional, very... might work on your fans and the Mindless Mob.

I think it goes something like this if there is any knowledge...

They know an update will contain items, just as we should given it is a new planet. They maybe hunt 1 bullshit mob and find the next island version of eye oil and one other hide type thing just to advertise. I don't think they intend to discover the Holy Grail item; whether or not they avoid it is a different matter.

I'm pretty sure MA or FPC has done this before and will continue to do this for new mob spawns (eomon for example). No big deal as long as the stuff they find is relatively low value. I agree it may not be the best practice but maybe it is best in our current gamestate. What good is a week long eomon spawn if no one knows it came or left?

As for the hogglo imp mk3 thing, I knew exactly where hogs were as I was shooting one of them before I was shot in the back by one of them the looters. I don't think it was shady for the reason you mentioned Aio. Although, I did find it shady for other reasons.

But NEVERDIE? He intro'd some new items to (I'm guessing) his area of NI. Why does this warrant a thread?

Take a look at the next pictures; see if you notice anything a little... hmm, odd?

so this is about, 40minutes after the new VU?

Why is "insider info" still allowed - MA used to be this way in the past (oh hai imk3, rancher hat, suggababe's lulzy loots) but recently it seems has become much more professional about the way it operates. Cue NEVERDIE and his "amazing" production team.

It's not like I'm pissed I didn't get the items (wouldn't be hunting there in the first place), but it kinda makes a mockery of the system when a new "discovery" is found; because the person "finding" it put it there in the editor.

Perhaps a shark head and eye are worthless items (odds are they are), but what is stopping TEAM NEVERDIE placing the ultra-rare items, and then going looting them to make money from the community. It's hypothetical, but I wonder how annoyed someone would be if that soc looted a modfap or equivalent and sold it for $35k... little bit of extra income for his failing studio maybe?

Wouldn't mind an MA (at least FPC) response on this. Cos it's pretty blatant they're his mates (or worse, actual developers) abusing their insider knowledge to gain advantage.

I'm going to address a MAJOR problem with your post.

When Next Island went live EVERY SINGLE MOB looted new "discoveries" in the form of crystals or mob body parts. Now we know that there was a server sync issue which resulted in alot of mobs not being placed where they were supposed to be placed so there were missing mobs. We KNEW that this issue was supposed to be fixed with this update so we EXPECTED a few mobs to be spawned which we hadn't yet seen. Now seeings all the other mobs looted discoveries and loot a TONNE of these discovered items (they're as common as all the other common loots on Calypso) we can then assume that the new mobs will ALSO loot a shit tonne of these things AND... in the process.... spam chat with discoveries. If you knew ANYTHING at all about Next Island you'd know that everyone here expected a tonne of discoveries when the update came and put the missing mobs into the game. These discoveries really aren't anything special. If people would do their research before shooting their mouths off.... they'd realize that it's just a bunch of stackable junk and that it's completely meaningless.

I'm getting real sick of people stating bullshit opinions and ignorant remarks when they haven't even stepped foot on Next Island. NEVERDIE told the community on Next Island in-game that the update was supposed to fix the lack of mobs issue. Therefore EVERYONE here had inside information that YOU (the OP) didn't have because you're not here.... so deal with it. You chose to be left outta the loop because you've got a planet up your ass.....

Menace

I love a conspiracy as much as the next guy.. but I think you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill.

We knew sharks existed, or should have, since there was a disco the day NI went live. I went looking for them myself but couldn't find any.. apparently they were bugged.

The release notes SAID fish spawns fixed.. So a couple guys went to see, and got discos of worthless stackables that probably drop in every other mob. Not a big deal. Believe me I'll be the first to bitch if an ND employee discos Next Island Modified Mercenary.. but these mob parts are not a big deal.

At least neverdie is upfront about connections to MA.. that makes him more honest than most.. (half of his former socmates *cough* *cough*)

BTW, i've hunted the sharks, and they appear to be the most intelligent mob i've hunted in EU ...they seemed to go arround me (at least that was what i felt ) and hit me again. So, it was really fun.... and thank you for the shark

BTW, i've hunted the sharks, and they appear to be the most intelligent mob i've hunted in EU ...they seemed to go arround me (at least that was what i felt ) and hit me again. So, it was really fun.... and thank you for the shark

Yes... the sharks actually circle you... when you get 2 or 3 on ya they'll circle you and come in and attack then circle again until the next attack. Really GREAT mob behavior IMO. Good job on them sharks!

Menace

I've posted this elsewhere but I'll post it again here.. We don't do release notes yet, coz we don't know for sure what's been fixed or added until we go live.. This is due to our enormous backlog and the fact that our guys are trying to get as much into each new vu as possible, but we don't always know what made it before the deadline, or when the last synch was..

So were doing lots of stuff on the fly.. Were not FPC who have everything in and are just adding new content..
We are a new worlds still trying to get the basics in... Its rough, thankfully Todd and Michael are spending many sleepless nights trying to make up time...

I will say one thing about all these threads...he is deffo getting ALOT of press from them!
And for the record..his response was about the funniest thing I have read on here in days!

Yes... the sharks actually circle you... when you get 2 or 3 on ya they'll circle you and come in and attack then circle again until the next attack. Really GREAT mob behavior IMO. Good job on them sharks!

like those damn monkeys that jump over your head when attacking, then runs around to face you again? :laugh:

I've posted this elsewhere but I'll post it again here.. We don't do release notes yet, coz we don't know for sure what's been fixed or added until we go live.. This is due to our enormous backlog and the fact that our guys are trying to get as much into each new vu as possible, but we don't always know what made it before the deadline, or when the last synch was..

So were doing lots of stuff on the fly.. Were not FPC who have everything in and are just adding new content..
We are a new worlds still trying to get the basics in... Its rough, thankfully Todd and Michael are spending many sleepless nights trying to make up time...

So your avatars are all just "test" accounts in the "live" system? sounds a bit fishy..

think about it this way.. if Macro, Hanne, Frank and the rest of the FPC team decided to join up in game and make their own little soc called "Calypso Stars".. i think everyone here can at least see the issue with that.

lol

Status
Back