Why is this allowed?

Status

Last edited:
They still have to pay to kill the creature over and over again until they get the loot. For example, I know that Atrox Providers drop LR32(L)'s. How much you wanna bet that I could spend the whole day hunting them and still not get one?

Standard Drops and New VU Drops are two different subjects entirely buddy.

Last edited:
then enlighten me

Standard Drops and New VU Drops are two different subjects entirely buddy.

Then explain the difference? Aside from getting a new item HOF and possible being able to sell the item for a higher MU then it will end up having I know of no difference.

I used the trox as an example cause I got one just a few days ago.

are you serious? new unlimited item drops don't just keep dropping left and right like (L) items.. a few will drop right out of the VU then they come very slowly if at all..

so like when FPC told people which mobs would drop highend SGA items? (OK clues that were very easy to work out)

So FPC have been guilty of this on the forum?

so far

are you serious? new unlimited item drops don't just keep dropping left and right like (L) items.. a few will drop right out of the VU then they come very slowly if at all..

So far no new UL weps have been looted by ND or any one with close conections so I don't see this being a problem.

Last edited:
So far no new UL weps have been looted by ND or any one with close conections so I don't see this being a problem.
It's a problem since the potential is there... every time you pick up a lottery ticket it's not going to be a winner, but if you don't buy one there's 100% chance you won't win. Game developers should not be buying their own tickets. Might have possibly been ok when Neverdie was mearly another estate owner, with his LA being CND - but now that he's actually building parts of the game and being a planet partner, it changes everything.

Actually - it's more like raffle then like lottery... It's sort of like a someone having a raffle, but they are holding a few of the tickets back for themselves and their buddies instead of letting those that are actually buying the tickets have a fair chance. Doesn't matter if he's taking one pec or one million out of the loot pool. The fact is that something's been taken out means someone else can't get that which has been taken out.

It's kind of like that whole mining sweat thing that happened not long ago. Really irritated the sweaters since it took a lot of sweat out of the game that they were wanting. People are always saying stuff like that is a bug, but really a bug is something that is programmed. In essence, Neverdie's being able to be a game developer and a participant both is a bug and every time he mines, hunts, sweat, crafts, or anything else other then chat, it's exploiting that bug...

This sort of stuff is one of the biggest problems with Entropia Universe itself. It's TOO DARN DYNAMIC FOR IT'S OWN GOOD! All the constant changes does not contribute to a stable economy, something that I think both MA and FPC has claimed as one of it's duties for a long while now. They fix one thing and break 12 others, and then if/when people find some feature that benefits them instead of the house, they call it a bug even if all the participants did was use the system given to them, the dynamic system that is always changing... The invulnerable VTOLs, the sweaty mining, the neverdie looting, it's all tied together, not seperate things.... We are still beta testing this game for years. It never gets anywhere past that, and that's a very, very, very bad thing for MA, the planet partners, and all of us.

Last edited:

the problem isn't that it is happening currently. its that the opportunity for it to happen is there. your logic is to trust them until they do something wrong?

as shown on calypso time and time again.. the rules will be broken until the hand is slapped..

Point being?

It's a problem since the potential is there... every time you pick up a lottery ticket it's not going to be a winner, but if you don't buy one there's 100% chance you won't win. Game developers should not be buying their own tickets. Might have possibly been ok when Neverdie was mearly another estate owner, with his LA being CND - but now that he's actually building parts of the game and being a planet partner, it changes everything.

Actually - it's more like raffle then like lottery... It's sort of like a someone having a raffle, but they are holding a few of the tickets back for themselves and their buddies instead of letting those that are actually buying the tickets have a fair chance.

Last time I checked if you are holding a raffle you can reserve tickets for your friends, and even for yourself if a neutral third party makes the draw and those tickets are still payed for. In this case ND and his friends still have to pay the cost of hunting, and MA(the neutral 3rd party) controls the loot system.

Reactions: das
Guilty without a crime?

the problem isn't that it is happening currently. its that the opportunity for it to happen is there. your logic is to trust them until they do something wrong?

as shown on calypso time and time again.. the rules will be broken until the hand is slapped..

So because the potential is there for them to break the rules you are already judging them on that? Thats like saying because I own a gun the potential is there for me to shoot someone so I should be jailed before that happens.
There was a movie(can't remember it's name) where the cops had the ability to see crimes before they where committed, and thus arrest the guilty party before the crime even happened. Turns out that they could only a "possible future" and had arrested people based on what might have happened. Moral of the story, innocent until you actually commit a crime.

Back to the topic.

MS9's original premise is stands. Its still valid. MA/FPC/ND employees should, from a pr standpoint, not be allowed to profit in the game and be known as MA/FPC/ND employees. Its bad business. The fact that this thread was started in the first place is an indication that something is wrong. When you deal with the public, the paying public, perception is everything. If ND, or any of the others, has employees/family/hangers-on who are profiting in-game in a notably high profile manner, there will be talk, suspicions, allegations. Some may be true, some may not. But all are bad for business and it seems particularly shortsighted of ND not to have thought of this. Then again, he may not particularly care what the general playerbase thinks. I'd like to think he's not that kind of guy, but then I've been disappointed by a lot of people in this game.

On a personal note:
If you're gonna seemingly slap someone down ( that's how I read it) for using the term "sectioning off" and not "compartmentalizing", at least spell it right.
And, after a call for an investigation of MA/FPC/ND by just about every US federal law enforcement and security agency for conspiracy and fraud perpetrated against the EU/RT?NI playerbase, it seems like people are willing to willing now, after a post or two, and a couple of videos, to just let good ol' Jon keep on doin' whatever he's doin'. It smacks of just being a suckup. You can't have it both ways.

Good or bad, right or wrong, that's my opinion. Just like assholes, most everybody has one.

Last edited:

Last edited:

I guess you don't have fire insurance since your house hasn't burned down yet?

Are you and CuilwenOnnedhie just pretending to be this naive to troll the thread?

You could loot a Mod Fap with 2 pec TT value and no one would ever know.

The issue is not whether any misconduct is occuring or has occured no matter some of the people in thread have insinuated. It's not whether player X or player Y have integrity or are honest.

The issue is removing any possibility that it can occur so as to avoid the house burning down.

Chatting a bit with a chap on NI a few days ago.

He says that there are "water drake and air drake to come"

Another example that some people are privy to what's coming and are active players of the game. What happens if they know what damage type, what loot, what health etc? They can stock up on relevant armour and beat the rush when the mob appears on the markup.

Was it made known to people that Evi's were part of MM before it was announced? Would have stocked up on T'bird (L), before the rush.

You can't have people that develop and maintain a game that involves real money, actively playing the same game, and maintain credibility.

At best it makes every development/maintenance associated avatar exploiters of their own customer base.

At worst, it is criminal.

???

I guess you don't have fire insurance since your house hasn't burned down yet?

Are you and CuilwenOnnedhie just pretending to be this naive to troll the thread?

You could loot a Mod Fap with 2 pec TT value and no one would ever know.

The issue is not whether any misconduct is occuring or has occured no matter some of the people in thread have insinuated. It's not whether player X or player Y have integrity or are honest.

The issue is removing any possibility that it can occur so as to avoid the house burning down.

I do have fire insurance, but that wont stop my house from burning down so that is a bad example.
Are you naive as to not consider that some MA and FPC employees MIGHT have avatars that their employers don't know about. Or have friends who play that they leak info to? Why is no-one up in arms about that possibility?

Until one of them uses their special knowledge to get a huge loot, like say a unique weapon. I see nothing wrong with it.

Water drake and air drake?

I'm guessing that is just speculation, after all what kind of damage would water or air cause? Already got ice, fire and storm drakes(burn, cold, electric). I heard that the Mainland of NI was supposed to come online with this update, guess what it didn't.

I would hardly call 349 votes a sufficient sample size and this is most certainly a non-scientific poll.

Your own poll shows that
45% in favour of banning
41% against
14%undecided

a 4% lead in favour of banning is not a public outcry.

And frankly I think most of the people attacking ND are doing it out of envy, you guys keep grasping at straws and vague possibilities.

Didn't mean to put words in your mouth

Thanks for putting words in my mouth...

I went back and threw that in to my post before anyone started shouting "See the majority of people want ND banned"
I am sorry that it looked like I was putting words in your mouth.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth...

But you look so much cuter with something in your mouth :p

sorry couldnt resist :)

I'm guessing that is just speculation, after all what kind of damage would water or air cause? Already got ice, fire and storm drakes(burn, cold, electric). I heard that the Mainland of NI was supposed to come online with this update, guess what it didn't.

Ahhh, you another of the Alpha testers ??

actually

Ahhh, you another of the Alpha testers ??

Actually turns out at least some of the mainland came online with todays update. Hope I don't get accused of having insider information, lol.
No I'm not an Alpha tester, I just knew that snow was going to be coming to Calypso soon and I hate snow(in game and real life) so Next is my tropic vacation :)

Actually turns out at least some of the mainland came online with todays update. Hope I don't get accused of having insider information, lol.
No I'm not an Alpha tester, I just knew that snow was going to be coming to Calypso soon and I hate snow(in game and real life) so Next is my tropic vacation :)

OK, so then you are not as informed or involved as the guy I was chatting with then.

Status
Back