The Port Atlantis VCC Rally

Read the front page article about the event HERE

:)

Definitely check out the link posted above folks... :wise:

GREAT coverage (by Leo NewShoes Johnson) about the event, thank you Lykke for posting the article!!!

So, Chrome. The obvious question is: Are you going to do a follow-up event?

So, Chrome. The obvious question is: Are you going to do a follow-up event?

Funny you should ask that, as I was JUST thinking about it before I head off to work. :laugh:

I know Mark has some great plans in mind, and I may have some additional racing event ideas to contribute as well... either way, we'll keep you posted. ;)

<Oh, by the way... participants and officials please look for a PM from me within the next two days...> :cool:

<Oh, by the way... participants and officials please look for a PM from me within the next two days...> :cool:

I am up for it :) and u got a pm from me too

I don't mind though, it was still great fun, and I believe I actually finished in 2nd last over-all, due to the fact that SamPanda failed to finish when his car ran out of fuel and he was attacked by Corns.

Other favourite moments included (I think) Mike Masters stalling on the startline. I wonder, did anyone fall off the side of the cliff?
Sorry you didnt make your round Cat but I'm just really glad you even got to compete after the hassle you have had this week, so grats to you & well done on not coming in last I know that is what you wanted above all else so :thumbup:. I just had to laugh out loud because of Sam :laugh:. What were you thinking man, stock up on more fuel next time :silly2:!! Yeah some ppl never made it off the start line but where given a second chance in a heat that had space, I think that was Jason Jay.

I had learnt a great deal when I first attended Fishface's New Switzerland race when car's were newly introduced. I relayed what I had learnt from that experience to Chrome which made this event a more enjoyable experience in my opinion. Things like no passengers, less cars at startline, unspawning unnecessary vehicles, etc :).

Last edited:
Great event, it was a really fun night..... and yeah mark it was me that dc'd just as my heat started lol, i was devastated but really appreciated you guys letting me run in the following heat.

i knew the lag would be awful cos my pc and connection suck but i had a really enjoyable time and i do hope you guys do some more events.
very well done to the top 3 and to everyone else...... i cant wait to see the youtube footage taken by Danso from his heli

That was GREAT!!!

Thanks, my pleasure!

and lol
I started uploading the video to youtube and went to sleep
and now I found out you published the video/race report before I even had a chance of properly posting it in this thread the morning after :eek:

you are faaast. and, therefore, my humble excuses for the double post on page 21 hehe

Camelman

PS anyone who offers occasional heli-for-videomakers services, PM me pls ;)

I don't mind though, it was still great fun, and I believe I actually finished in 2nd last over-all, due to the fact that SamPanda failed to finish when his car ran out of fuel and he was attacked by Corns.

I'm so happy I could help, Cat :laugh:

Sam

great event!! more races please! :D

ty all and gratz spongey (i know.. again.. :laugh:) Great fun :cool:

I'm working on a new course... right... now... :smoke:

I'm sorry I didn't turn up on Sunday for the race. My girlfriend got me a cinema ticket for 'Black Swan', so I couldn't attend. Good movie as it turns out ... but I would have loved to race too. I was even practicing earlier in anticipation. Shame.

Anyway, please don't exclude me from entering new races ... I really am up for some racing. I even bought an MK1 for the occassion!

I'm sorry I didn't turn up on Sunday for the race. My girlfriend got me a cinema ticket for 'Black Swan', so I couldn't attend. Good movie as it turns out ... but I would have loved to race too. I was even practicing earlier in anticipation. Shame.

Anyway, please don't exclude me from entering new races ... I really am up for some racing. I even bought an MK1 for the occassion!

Sorry you couldn't make it on Sunday Photon, but there is certainly no need to worry about being excluded from future events... ;)

I'm working on a new course... right... now... :smoke:

you are :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Will I be aloud to take part again as defending champion? Please don't say no lol

Not sure if you all have seen this yet, The video of the final from the air. Great video. It was put on youtube by Tekatoarimo. Thanks Tekato. Great video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxvr5K3Mv8&hd=1

I didn't relize how close it was at the end. I was to worried to look behind me lol

Spongey

Wow was that a sleek video, AWESOME!! All credit to Teka, was inspired by your Helicopter driving (in and out of the trees) and camera nagivation :laugh: & look at how fast the cars were blowing past, the Heli had a hard time catching up but Kudos :thumbup:. Don't know how you racers manage to coup with all that lag caused by the flying vehicles, at the end I think I saw 5 landing :eek:. I think what spoilt the vid was the bugged vtol going up and down :(. But still a great video overall thanks again Teka & the cars reminded me of little matchbox cars :D.

Back