The Port Atlantis VCC Rally

cancelling :( got a important diner...

There is a fork in the road at 60862, 78790. Which route is acceptable? A, B or C?
If route A is unacceptable I would recommend a clarification and the posting of an observer here.
Yes me and chrome knew this would be a grey area for some, but I think I can help. As you are approaching this sharp left turn there is a solid rock on the right hand side of the road. Get as near to this rock as possible before making the sharp left turn, as this rock does damage to vehicles. Will post a screenshot to help better see what I'm talking about. There will also be officials on the checkpoints so either myself or someone else will be standing there, behind barrels of oils marking the turn properly. We have 6 checkpoints so we are still looking for official helpers for this role.

Here is the first check point turn cords 60870, 78797. Then look at my picture below.

Cords from above & in pic look almost identical. So when you see this rock you make a sharp left turn.
Gl everyone & dont forget to register before sunday the 23rd.

ready for speed... the need for...:)

Mike "Jinx" Doe - Valkyrie Mk1 Green

see ya

* NEW * NEW * NEW *

Limit 50 Total Participants!!!​

Participation will be limited to keep this event within a reasonable time frame of no more than two hours.

Registering:

Salix Sol Maximus

Orange Valk.

Prizes:

600 PED
In Total Prizes!!!

1st Place = 300 PED

300_ped_oil.jpg

2nd Place = 200 PED

2nd_prize_200ped_oil.jpg

3rd Place = 100 PED

3rd_prize_100ped_oil.jpg

All prizes donated by
Mono Chrome Monochrome and Mark Rufen Power

Prizes now sorted out, enjoy :)

I would advise that even if we are full & we have 50 participants, that people should still arrive at the outpost near the lake 30mins early. Just incase some pull out before the event starts, in which case you can take their place & race :).

If anybody else would like to be an official please say so by posting so chrome can add you :).

Last edited:
ME ME ME :yay::yay::yay:

Sign me up please guys. Will check out the rote later today

Spongey

p.s my car is white.

seems to evolve into a very big event :yay:
great!! the more the merrier :grouphug:
dont have much time atm and wasn´t really playing the last weeks nor did i follow the thread
but did any of the organizer/promoter thought about any kind of coverage? :pic:
like i said, seems to get big so why not get some reporters or live coverage through AH radio or moving pictures like there was with the boxing championchips? maybe an article on the forum home?! just a lil idea but i think u guys know some people and have the connections to make this even bigger.

best regards
Hideo

but did any of the organizer/promoter thought about any kind of coverage? :pic:
like i said, seems to get big so why not get some reporters or live coverage through AH radio or moving pictures like there was with the boxing championchips? maybe an article on the forum home?!

I did contact Hanne about this a few weeks ago, no definitive response yet. :scratch2:

We will have some media coverage though, I'm on it. ;)

Took a trundle round the course this afternoon - cool stuff :)

Count me in! this sounds like fun :yay:

Sign Me up

Jack RING-187- Reacher im driveing in a green mk.1
Would love to join the race!!

A suggestion

Get as near to this rock as possible before making the sharp left turn, as this rock does damage to vehicles. .

Chrome/Mark,

I honestly think "Get as near to this rock as possible" is too vague. I believe route C on this picture, with the instructions, "Drivers must stay to the right of the tree", is much clearer. Please consider it.

Thanks,
Sam :)

p.s. My car is Olive :)

Last edited:
@ Sam Panda. C is not acceptable as we've said before. I honestly can't understand why this is such an issue for you after I posted a picture of the object I was referring to with cords as in the OP. After your C line there is a tree that is solo where the road becomes a tip, the rock in my picture is "just" behind it. I really don't understand it, the point is you stick on the road as much as possible where there is a road.

But don't worry like I said we will place oil barrels around this elusive corner so you won't make a mistake. Just don't cross over the barrels with your car and you will be fine, again follow the road where there is a road. If you like, me & you can meet ingame and I can take you through it, if it will help you get over your fear of sharp turns :).

Last edited:
My car is Olive :)

I appreciate the suggestion Sam, but we definitely plan to have a judge at this waypoint. The official will be standing right on the corner behind a line of oil barrels. Participants will HAVE to go counter-clockwise around the official.

I see Mark has already offered a drive, but please remember I am running two official "practice runs" the day before the event...

I'll update the color, thanks again! :D

I see Mark has already offered a drive, but please remember I am running two official "practice runs" the day before the event...
Ah yes forgot about that :). Well I'm off to bed Gn.

Not 100% certain of my availability but put me down for this as well.

Trinity Dusk Trinity - uncoloured Valk Mk1.

but please remember I am running two official "practice runs" the day before the event...

Will see you there :)

Just took a run around the track. looks fun but i'm a little confused about the last bit. Anyone who knows me knows thats not hard to do.

Going to be a fun event ppl get yourselfs signed up if you haven't allready

Trinity Dusk Trinity - uncoloured Valk Mk1.

Registered!

Just took a run around the track. looks fun but i'm a little confused about the last bit. Anyone who knows me knows thats not hard to do.

From the "last bit", I assume you mean heading up the hill from the beach...

First split, continue STRAIGHT heading up the hill and through a little "s" turn.

Shortly after that, there are a few roads coming together...
Turn around the corner as far right as possible, continuing north UP THE HILL.
You'll end up right back at the START/FINISH camp.

Hope that helps! :cool:

The VCC Rally Course:
Waypoint #1 - NORTH CORNER
60870, 78797
This checkpoint has a sharp left turn, heading west toward the coast.
Approximately 3 minutes
Apologies if this has been asked already, but are you going to place a VTOL or something similar for contestants to go around at this waypoint? There is flat ground as you approach this position and the temptation to cut across it (thus leaving the circuit) might be too much for some. If you place a VTOL and say that contestants must go around it (turn left to head west) in an anti-clockwise direction this could remove alot of confusion, and make it clearer if someone has cheated.

Anyway, consider this to be a bump.

Back