This Is A Joke!!!!!

RJ-Rob

Old Alpha
Society
Dirty Dingo's
RJ Rob James
Ok....

This is a big big joke i am sorry but i am doing a complaining thread for mining.....

Loot sucks for me at the moment i dont know about anyone else but for me i have now lost 5200peds in 19days

i have also dposited 7 times in the last 14 days total deposited 2800peds and i am getting no claims pretty much all the time, and when i do get a hit, it just takes it straight back without any claims i am just totally losing very fast i dont like to moan, but there has to be a big problem for me to lose this many peds in such a small amount of time i am in a bad financial mess because of this too because i am thinking 1 more deposit will help....

and also before you reply to the thread i have tryed many different things going down from f.o.m.a to calypso and to rock, tryed a bit of hunting and crafting and the results are he same nothing back worth while then it takes that little i get back on those tasks back too, i am just at a total loss for now nearly 3 weeks... never ever have i seen it this bad and had it this bad that i had to deposit 7 times in 14 days, it is totally unfair...... how can i enjoy a game when i am constantly losing all the time..... i did take a few days off too and it did not make any difference :(

i dont need any advice it isnt about advice, it is about the game being unfair to depositing players......

RJ Rob

hmm well if you used amps at times then that is a pretty reasonable loss after that time. However the general problem is that we don`t know your return % which decides how well or bad you have been rewarded by the loot system.
So far this thread is just a useless rant imho.

Personaly i have been extremely surprised by how low my unamped returns where... I had bad returns with amp too...
but that didn`t surprise me since that is normal for me and you kinda feed the ubers of others with mining amped.

i am in a bad financial mess because of this too because i am thinking 1 more deposit will help....

If this statement is referring to your out of game finances , I would suggest you stop depoing.

If not .. carry on.

Bones

Here is some stats

hmm well if you used amps at times then that is a pretty reasonable loss after that time. However the general problem is that we don`t know your return % which decides how well or bad you have been rewarded by the loot system.
So far this thread is just a useless rant imho.

Personaly i have been extremely surprised by how low my unamped returns where... I had bad returns with amp too...
but that didn`t surprise me since that is normal for me and you kinda feed the ubers of others with mining amped.

Belkar Stone 67 PED Sunday, December 26, 2010 21:18
Gazzurdite Stone 62 PED Thursday, December 23, 2010 20:12
Ganganite Stone 154 PED Thursday, December 23, 2010 15:57
Blausariam Stone 62 PED Thursday, December 23, 2010 14:31
Caldorite Stone 184 PED Monday, December 20, 2010 01:27
Ganganite Stone 60 PED Sunday, December 19, 2010 21:44
Caldorite Stone 51 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 18:59
Caldorite Stone 115 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 16:48
Ganganite Stone 67 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 16:25
Petonium Stone 59 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 16:25
Caldorite Stone 55 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 15:06
Zinc Stone 51 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 14:27
Ganganite Stone 207 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 12:22
Ignisium Stone 58 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 11:44
Lysterium Stone 178 PED Friday, December 17, 2010 00:39
Ganganite Stone 58 PED Thursday, December 16, 2010 22:02
Ignisium Stone 67 PED Thursday, December 16, 2010 13:35
Iron Stone 66 PED Thursday, December 16, 2010 12:45
Caldorite Stone 66 PED Wednesday, December 15, 2010 22:29
Narcanisum Stone 61 PED Wednesday, December 15, 2010 21:31

These are the last 12 days of my ET mining stats i have not hoffed since the 7th of dec with an amp which it took back after i got it, everythig i have done since then with my deposits was pretty much unamped and the 154hof i got on the 23rd of december it took back sraight after no hts in like 300 bombs so it took back double, how is that fair and how is it fair for me to depo soo much in 14 days i usually only need to depo once every week or sometimes 2 times a week but i dont always need to depo but i do anyway but the last 7 deposits i had to cos i have had no peds left everytime, and i am not ranting i want my voice heard and others should hear it too, i am sure i am not alone in this... i am just totally upset that i cant get any decent return :(

and even more stats i am getting soo many runs over 100 bombs dropped without a single hit my worst is that 300 bombs then when i hit after that bad run it usually is a modest claim then i hit nothing for ages again.... i am mining exactly the same as i always mine it is not me.....

RJ Rob

Last edited:
Like Bones said, if it's causing RL financial problems it's time to stop depositing. It sounds very much like you're chasing losses, and nothing good ever comes of that.

I'd take a break, and then when you come back (once the losses are forgotten) free up some peds clearing out storage and spend a while mining on the planet without amp.

But sympathies anyway, sounds like a stinker of a bad run :(

Like Bones said, if it's causing RL financial problems it's time to stop depositing. It sounds very much like you're chasing losses, and nothing good ever comes of that.

I'd take a break, and then when you come back free up some peds clearing out storage and spend a while mining on the planet without amp.

yes that would be the right advice to give me i would give the same advice too, but i have had a break tryed calypso in this time and it has not helped... yes it seems i am chasing my losses but wouldnt you too if u were in my situation we have too and the best place to get something decent is usually f.o.m.a formally known as cnd......

i will also say this if i sold my items and skills my avatar is worth 1kpeds max and i have deposited over 7400peds.... the stats on ET (entropia Tracker) are just turn over that is not actual value what i have it is just turnover....

RJ Rob

i dont need any advice it isnt about advice, it is about the game being unfair to depositing players......

So, you don't want advice...
And you think the game is unfair to depositing players?

Maybe I'd better not say anything. :scratch2:

100 bombs without a hit???/

300 bombs without a hit???

That is incredible!

If u mined unamped it's very hard to lose that amount of ped but if u amped that another story.

I have to agree that return lower than 50% happen more often than before on unamped mining. Personally my lowest was 37%, I had almost hit 35 nrf in a row lol.

But man, if you mine amped stop using amp. Most ppl are having hard times with the tt return, the amp won't help you. I dont even use the oa 101 because im afraid to count the return after a nice serie of nrf.

If you are doing this badly stop depositing.

It's not your fault that you're having bad luck, but it's really not wise to continue throwing money at the game in the hopes of something big. This is an expensive game to play. Putting even more money in isn't going to make it any cheaper.

100 bombs without a hit???/

300 bombs without a hit???

That is incredible!

yes i know it is.

and crome say what you want to say dont say you wont say anything cos then people wonder what u wanted to say haha

Over the medium / long term it'll even out. Over the short term you can get devastated.

Scale right back or take a break and come back and claim your tower. ;)

Hope you get a lucky hit soon.

yes i know it is.

and crome say what you want to say dont say you wont say anything cos then people wonder what u wanted to say haha

Well... My advice would be to stop playing altogether if you can't control how much you are depositing (spending) on a game. Also, the game never claimed to be "fair" to anyone, depositor or not.

Well... My advice would be to stop playing altogether if you can't control how much you are depositing (spending) on a game. Also, the game never claimed to be "fair" to anyone, depositor or not.

i know that but i feel it is very hard to stop depositing when i am losing soo much so fast, yes i knowit is the right thing to do, but i will not get it back if i dont play, plus i will be bored without EU in my life lol and yes i know it doesnt state the game is fair just *dynamic* those magical words hehehe what they mean is upto each nd every player to have theorys about :p

and also a reply for mega,
i dont even think i will get close to getting a tower let alone my loss back what i have lost in the last 3 weeks... maybe i just stop playing all together, cos it isnt healthy or fair to be treated soo badly and get no hits after no hits but hey oh we will see how i go the next few days then i will decide what to do next....

RJ Rob

lmao

oh sorry - from reading the title of the thread i expected a joke

hehehe i thought about that too when i made the thread sorry for the confusion hahaha

hehehe i thought about that too when i made the thread sorry for the confusion hahaha

well good luck mate, sometimes it is rough in this game - keep at it, you may get a big suprise someday :)

i know that but i feel it is very hard to stop depositing when i am losing soo much so fast, yes i knowit is the right thing to do, but i will not get it back if i dont play, plus i will be bored without EU in my life lol and yes i know it doesnt state the game is fair just *dynamic* those magical words hehehe what they mean is upto each nd every player to have theorys about :p

To stop yourself from depositing too much, just set a monthly limit for yourself? :dunno:

If you want to deposit any more than that, you're allowed to, but you have to shoot yourself in the leg with a tazer first :yay: (you wont deposit more than the limit then, and if you do that despite following that rule, you really SHOULD stop playing :laugh:)

Ok....

This is a big big joke i am sorry but i am doing a complaining thread for mining.....

Loot sucks for me at the moment i dont know about anyone else but for me i have now lost 5200peds in 19days

i have also dposited 7 times in the last 14 days total deposited 2800peds and i am getting no claims pretty much all the time, and when i do get a hit, it just takes it straight back without any claims i am just totally losing very fast i dont like to moan, but there has to be a big problem for me to lose this many peds in such a small amount of time i am in a bad financial mess because of this too because i am thinking 1 more deposit will help....

and also before you reply to the thread i have tryed many different things going down from f.o.m.a to calypso and to rock, tryed a bit of hunting and crafting and the results are he same nothing back worth while then it takes that little i get back on those tasks back too, i am just at a total loss for now nearly 3 weeks... never ever have i seen it this bad and had it this bad that i had to deposit 7 times in 14 days, it is totally unfair...... how can i enjoy a game when i am constantly losing all the time..... i did take a few days off too and it did not make any difference :(

RJ Rob

Hi! I play like that for 3 years. Ty.

One of the first things I did on returning after CryEngine handed me 14 months' vacation from Calypso was to poke a few holes and assess mining loot. Suffice it to say, I'm selling all my finders as soon as I get around to it.

Last weeks often 250 upto 750 ped losses a day. Not counting tiering costs, only decay+ammo on hunting + results of crafting.

[...]

RJ Rob

Been there. Done that.

Then: Relaxed. Took a break. Now just going casual. And now enjoying it.

But since you don't look for advice, just go on what you do, sell your car, sell your house, leave your family, let the kids starve to death.

All just for some shiny pixels. And it is not like the best pixels in the gaming sector, rofl.

You probably have a gambling addiction paired with work avoidance sickness. Which is bad for financial issues in any case. :evilking:

Now Poker isn't considered gambling for example, but if you play all-in the very first hand every table, you really expect to win every time? Taken those 2800 peds you mentioned. How likely are the odds to "break-even" if you a) buy 5600 probes and mine -only- calypso and gather information along the way where good spots are, respawn timers and else or b) buy 5 oa109 amps and drop 85 bombs on F.O.M.A.? (no idea what oa109 costs, just doing an example)

Spend only what you can afford to and you have no problems. The one and only rule everyone should apply here.

Last edited:
I too have noticed very bad returns around x-mas time now. 400 bombs with oa-105 and 1 global. Very unusual for me.

Since deposits are in ground and the ground for deposits has been multiplied (NI and MA-s single lootpool for mining atm) It may be that deposits have respawned to another location that is not mined and the more popular places are empty/overmined. Must I say, this is just a theory based on a fact (deposits are placed in ground and have nothing to do with particular avatar mining).

Who knows... maybe it will pick up soon. Hold on and spend only what you can afford to lose:wise:

RJ Rob

Dude, I just read this. You HAVE to STOP playing if you are thinking like this. Im serious. This sounds like going way too far. Or ask MA to put a monthly limit on your deposits. This game is cool but it's not worth losing your real life to it.

I'm serious - take extreme measures to limit your spending here. You will not profit in the long term, you will keep losing both ingame and in real life if you continue like this. Think of people playing slot machines (especially when you are mining on asteroid).

Once again - DUDE - STOP!

Worried community member,
Maska

How about some info like:
Your skills, finder used, amped mining or normal, using maxed amps or biggest available, FOMA mining or mining on other overtaxed places and not only loot sucks, lost 5k ped.

I have one thing that helps me out survive in EU - dont give them money, if they dont deserve them.
In other words - dont depo(play) when loot sux badly.

I think If everyone would think like that, MA has to make something with returns ingame. Anyway, they would go bancrupt.
Too bad its only me (and few others) :D

Dude, I just read this. You HAVE to STOP playing if you are thinking like this. Im serious. This sounds like going way too far. Or ask MA to put a monthly limit on your deposits. This game is cool but it's not worth losing your real life to it.

I'm serious - take extreme measures to limit your spending here. You will not profit in the long term, you will keep losing both ingame and in real life if you continue like this. Think of people playing slot machines (especially when you are mining on asteroid).

Once again - DUDE - STOP!

Worried community member,
Maska

omg yes you make it sound like i am going too far, but you know it is soo hard when u start losing soo much peds soo fast it is like slot machines lol except there is no end to the amount i could lose on EU, slot machines there is a limit depending on what slot machine u use, and yes i dont work and luckily i dont have a family to support either but that isnt the point is it, i still have bills to pay like everyone else hehe and the game yes sometimes messes my bills up too like it has recently but i will just have to sort them out eventually like always.......
thank you for caring though i appreciate it :)

And a Reply to Raffaele Meiers

i use of-105 tier 2 and enhancers on occasion, it is best orefinder for foma / ex-cnd i am now nearly 23 in prospector and i use 103 amps on occasion but a few weeks ago i did a run of over 100 103 amps in a row and yes i saw patterns
but it then went very very very downhill from there i have now been unamped for over 1 week and it is just soo bad.... but i did just get a 157 iron about an hour ago so fingers crossed my luck is changing, but who knows yet still to early to tell thanks again for your replys everyone :)

RJ Rob

Rob dont cry:) december deposited exactly 600 euro and i have 120 ped on my ped card :)

I got to 1600 mining and realized I couldn't afford to continue mining. Dropped it completely and switched to hunting and was rewarded with a 4k exarosaur HoF.

Take a breather and rethink how you're playing. If the normal places are dry perhaps it's because, like someone else said, the deposits have shifted. Go somewhere you don't normally go, bomb sparingly until you start getting some consistent hits then carpet the place. If that still doesn't work, quit logging on the game for a week or two. You'll survive, I promise.

Back