FYI: You Win :(

narfi

Elite
Society
Lost Renegades
Narfi Hungry Willem
http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studios/4273-planet-partner-avatars-prohibited.html

Neverdie announced today on his forum that he will not be able to interact with us like he has any longer.

I was also informed that the sponsoring for new player events, the flea market, and sweat purchases from new players(something I would never be able to afford on my own) will no longer be possible for fear that some of those regulations would trickle down to me and the other volunteers.

This was the most exciting summer I have had in game, the ability to personally interact with new players and help them get started and excited about the game. Sure I had done plenty of mentoring and small things in the past, but I will likely never get the opportunity to participate at this level again.

I understand the reasoning and fears that drove these events into occurring, but I am deeply saddened at the way they took place, the spirit in which it was done, and how it ended up.

I realize that I am just one person, who is looking at the whole thing from a different angle and hold no hard feelings. Just deep sadness.

narfi

What bothers me is that It took the ppl to make an uproar in public forum(s), for the owner of the planet, studio... and what not, to actually read his contracts with MA or even worse, he knew about this all along but thought, all is fine, since I CAN USE CAPSLOCK ALL OVER YOUR PUNY LIL VIRTUAL PEASANTS.lol

Thx,
Robo

well MA can't prohibit his wife's cousin's neighbour from playing with a NEVERDRY account )

whats good for the goose, must also be good for the gander.
if marco, who dreamed up this place we all live in, cant play the way we can, then its only fair that planet partners should also not be able to.
on the bright side, doesnt that mean NEVERDIE and Force Majure can don official robes?
perhaps interact with the populace of Rocktropia as MA and FPC avatars do?
the end of an era for sure for the avatars of planet partners, the beginning of a new one for the people behind them as well.
live long, and prosper....

It makes a lot of sense. ND and his staff has a lot more information available than regular avatars. Its not just information about spawn locations and other information that can be found on forums and entropedia. For example, FPC (or any other planet partner) decides to make a new DNA of an already existing mob (not so popular mob) - formidon, gokibusagi, oculus something like that. They know that after a VU it will start to drop DNA parts, so a few FPC employes grinds this mob and gets quite a few parts worth a lot of money. That woudn`t be fair, would it? Same goes for trading and such activities - they influence the market, possible manipulation, they have inside info in what new BPs will appear in the future etc.

well this i think this is pretty bad for ND himself as he is so passionate about this game. Great to have someone who actually cares about the game play, playing the game and having the ability to influences changes to make it better. Having this knowledge and ability is like one those use the power for good and evil kind things, where power itself is neither.

however, there is obvious conflict of interest between ND the player, and ND the planet partner, as well as his employees. Tough to have your favorite thing taken from you, specially to a guy who says he IS his avatar.

but I am deeply saddened at the way they took place, the spirit in which it was done, and how it ended up.

Agreed Narfi. It should never have got to the point where the participants were in a position to make a fuss about this.

You would have thought that ND would have read the Planet Partner Agreement seeing as it involves a large amount of time and money invested. If he had then he would have been aware that he would have to retire his avatar and the rules concerning his staff etc.

What gets me is that MA must have known for ages what was going on, and they let it go on. They seem to have only stepped in and enforced their rules following the participants getting jumpy.

None of the uproar would have occurred if he had played by the rules from the offset.

Reactions: das
What does this mean for the land areas owned by ND?

While I agree its sad, I'm one of those that pointed out the conflict.

I think ND has done the right thing here for the future of his business. I know he loved to play and interact with us as a player, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Perhaps he and his staff can get ava's like the FPC/MA official ones - play all they like, just have the same restrictions on withdrawal etc.

Well, we need to see official confirmation of this info

Then we need to know how they are gonna deal with hidden/secret avatars (or of family member/employee) of MA /planet partners or developers actively participating in game just like any other players.

If all of the above are taken care of only then we can say a winner......and then it's an excellent thing for the future of this game.

however, there is obvious conflict of interest between ND the player, and ND the planet partner, as well as his employees. Tough to have your favorite thing taken from you, specially to a guy who says he IS his avatar.

Yes, it's true...and I also feel bad about ND in this regard.

...........but he might be content with the fact that he is helping in a positive way in the evolution of the world of RCE MMORPG, ...a pioneer., ..... who has sacrifised his avatar to bring his vision into a reality,

Personally, I think this should far more staisfying to him than being always subject to pestering questions related conflict of interest, and insider info etc etc.

Perhaps he and his staff can get ava's like the FPC/MA official ones - play all they like, just have the same restrictions on withdrawal etc.

Well that's a good option for MA, planet partners or developpers who want to play......and the loots may be used for rewards in special events hosted by MA.......so, everything goes back to the loot pool

I really think MA should actively look into this and make everybody happy! :)

Last edited:
so you are now unhappy that neverdie can not be God and normal avatar at the same time in his universe :scratch2:
for me this is +rep and gj for MA

Finally someone has woke up :)

Glad to hear these news

(if I understood it right, all our screaming about ND and his soc members getting discovers 40mins after a vu release finally paid out?)

blackcrow_1__medium.jpeg

:shots::wise::handjob::argue::handgun:

U

its funny. ever since they were announced, players have dreamed of running a planet. planets aside, we call for the developer (previously MA, then FPC) to be more involved in the game, to come down from their ivory tower and get a feel for the day to day issues amongst the plebs. then one does but they are hounded by accusations, so the developer retreats back to the studio, no longer to be involved directly with the players. well done. ironically, it doesnt even address the issues people objected to, pretty sure no one cared about ND buying sweat or running events.

I was also informed that the sponsoring for new player events, the flea market, and sweat purchases from new players(something I would never be able to afford on my own) will no longer be possible for fear that some of those regulations would trickle down to me and the other volunteers.

Shouldn't he still be able to at least sponsor events tho? I mean, FPC does it so it wouldn't be too weird? :scratch2:

i personally see this as a big step back in the advance of this platform, but whatever, i guess rules are rules.

now that this is over, its time to take a look at home much power SEE has now that its in bed with FPC.

surely no one can miss the conflict of interest there.

If you whine, moan and bitch for long enough, and hard enough you WILL get what you want... A VICTORY! Or is it..?

Evidently many players are still in ignorance of the way in which ND avatars actually operated, despite me posting it on the previous bitchathon thread.

When condoning ND staff, remember ND studios cant just pull ped and prizes out of their ass in the same way FPC do, from what I know they do not have access to that system. All the funds for prizes, event sponsorship, and flea market funding comes straight from staff members ped cards.
Yes, they do play with an advantage over others, but the difference is that they do not play to make money in the same way many of us do. These players give out 100's of peds worth of prizes and event sponsorship every week from their own ped cards. Almost all prizes given out by ND studios staff were bought with ped.

You think Marco ran around buying the Angel/shadow armor parts FPC are giving away at Merry Mayhem? Of course he didn't. If ND Studios wanted to do the same chances are they would have to. That is the difference, and its a VERY big difference.

The ND avatars were only necessary because ND has no access to the same event system as Calypso.
They got discoveries before everyone else... so what? What do you think they're gonna do with it? Sell it, withdraw, and buy a mansion? Get over it!
Sure, they may have advanced knowledge of new mobs and new items, but the difference is they are not playing in order to make money. Sure, they are playing for fun, but ultimately they are still employee avatars, and they act ethically within the universe.
Only someone who has spent a long time on Rocktropia would understand.

Shouldn't he still be able to at least sponsor events tho? I mean, FPC does it so it wouldn't be too weird? :scratch2:
Indeed, difference being FPC are able to pull prizes out of their ass. Marco certainly didn't buy all those LA's and armor parts himself did he... ND's avatars on the other hand do not have access to that system, and have to go to the auction and buy the prizes.

If I were ND I would be suing MA for unfair treatment.

So who really has the advantage here?

Last edited:
i personally see this as a big step back in the advance of this platform, but whatever, i guess rules are rules.

now that this is over, its time to take a look at home much power SEE has now that its in bed with FPC.

surely no one can miss the conflict of interest there.

Obviously it seems that you have hard times to understand what people write to you.

How can you see a conflict of interest when a company buys another company ?
Is it the common adress between SEE and MA ?
Its time for you to elaborate your thoughts, because frankly I dont think anyone so far have understood you!

Regards Coach.

Indeed, difference being FPC are able to pull prizes out of their ass. Marco certainly didn't buy all those LA's and armor parts himself did he... ND's avatars on the other hand do not have access to that system, and have to go to the auction and buy the prizes.

why dont they? they have as much right to create land areas and have done so. They can ask MA to give them certain items for an event and to take the ped from their payments. They could have made their own merry mayhem using the mission system. He could have given a LA to every category and not just the top two, that would have got lots of players over there.

Jon does not need to give up his avatar Neverdie it just needs converting to an official one. When he took on the role of a planet partner he knew exactly what was expected (unless he didn't read the contract).

If he's not attracting players to RT and has to subsidise the economy then he should be asking why, not complaining that he can't do it anymore.

Last edited:
They heard us, they took the appropriate steps and we have gotten a small victory from them.
I am sorry for ND, but you bought a planet sir, you know more than us average, non planet owning folks. I am sure you can still make a wonderful time out of RT and your club on NI.
Thanks MA, I appreciate your support of depositers, i.e. me :)

A new year is upon us, along with a new hope for the future. It's always good to make a nice new years resolution that helps the community.

why dont they? they have as much right to create land areas and have done so. They can ask MA to give them certain items for an event and to take the ped from their payments. They could have made their own merry mayhem using the mission system. He could have given a LA to every category and not just the top two, that would have got lots of players over there.
The answer to that one lies within my post, but I will say it again. Rocktropia does not have access to the same mission and event system that Planet Calypso does. Rocktropia has to make do with the player event system, or giving out prizes by hand.

Ill-informed Calypsians complaining about something they have no knowledge of. Is it possible to be astonished, but not surprised?

Spend a week of Rocktropia, it will all become clear.

i think ma needs to allow planet partners to have official planet specific avatars. the way things were ran left too much room for funny business. sad to see it might hurt the rock player base though. but the sadder part is why did it take a 400 post thread of whining to make something happen. ma didn't notice this?

http://www.neverdie.com/neverdie-studios/4273-planet-partner-avatars-prohibited.html

Neverdie announced today on his forum that he will not be able to interact with us like he has any longer.

This was the most exciting summer I have had in game, the ability to personally interact with new players and help them get started and excited about the game. Sure I had done plenty of mentoring and small things in the past, but I will likely never get the opportunity to participate at this level again.

I understand the reasoning and fears that drove these events into occurring, but I am deeply saddened at the way they took place, the spirit in which it was done, and how it ended up.

I realize that I am just one person, who is looking at the whole thing from a different angle and hold no hard feelings. Just deep sadness.

narfi

Who are you trying to fool Narfi? A planet partners CEO and all his staff did not bother to play by the rules or even read their damn contract with MA and we was bold enough to point it out. And now you construct some misleading assumptions to make us look bad?

Nothing prohibits Mr. Jacobs to have an offical avatar and interact with the community. According to his own words he does not care though, because he can't cash that avatar out.

Nothing prohibits any planet partner to make a guide programm to help new players.

Nothing prohibits planet partners staff to organize events with their official avatars.

In fact, nothing that prevents them from having the planet(s) with best player supports ingame. The reactions you describe are simply the behave of someone who thought he does not need to play by the rules and is a bit sulky now.

If you really think it is about player interaction then this should enlighten you:

NEVERDIE said:
The Roleplaying and Undercover Avatars are subject to Mindark Restrictions so they are just TOY Avatars, for testing or event purposes...
Even if we have to use them, they have no intrinsic value, they are just empty shells, devoid of personality and must remain secret since their users identity is irrelevant, they cannot Cash out or Trade or mess with the economy etc, so they are not worth investing Time into nor are they a threat to the users.

You can say what you want about Mr. Jacobs, but at least he is not dishonest about whats his priorities are. What amazes me is the 4 or 5 people who think they must reinterpret clear statements and pretend the opposite then what we can read and see anyway.

The answer to that one lies within my post, but I will say it again. Rocktropia does not have access to the same mission and event system that Planet Calypso does. Rocktropia has to make do with the player event system, or giving out prizes by hand.

Ill-informed Calypsians complaining about something they have no knowledge of. Is it possible to be astonished, but not surprised?

It seems to me Dilly you are missing the conflict of interest points that many many people made

Not having the same system as Planet Calypso, is not really an excuse to have a private avatar as a planet partner. That is an issue to bring up with MA, but not able to give out prizes, come on, it would only take one puny angry phone call to MA from an angry planet partner to sort out a simple solution.

There is NO excuse for a planet partner to have a private avatar.....and to then go hunting with it, or crafting with it or mining with it or whatever with it. Conflict of interest....which you seem to convieniently forgotton

It would be interesting to know what is happening with ND's taxed LA's now, as it should be stated in the conctract that employess/owners cannot own assets within the universe (at least not their own planet)

Rgds

Ace

all PP's are using the same engine, they can only turn features off (if MA allow it) and not add planet specific ones. Sorry but in this case it sounds more like they haven't had time to look at the mission system rather not having access to it. They've got a 12 man team for ND studios? in all honesty it sounds more like they're massively over stretched and are fire fighting to just get things working.

You can provide source that ND Studios does not have the same access to technologies and tools as FPC has?

Or is this a mere assumption from your side because they have not implemented any missions yet?

Next Island has a contest going right now and the prize is a Lodge, so evidently they can have contests and give away prizes.

Isn't this years MM event the first time the mission system was used for an official event?

If it's as Dilly says and the other PP's don't have access to the same systems FPC does, that is clearly an issue between said PP's and MA. ND knew what he was getting into when he partnered with MA; still no stadium on Fortuna as far as I know.

At least now Mr. Jacobs can cross "Read Planet Partner Agreement" off his to-do list.

Edit:
Oh, and someone needs to break the news to Michael Jackson that he won't be able to play either.

It seems to me Dilly you are missing the conflict of interest points that many many people made

Not having the same system as Planet Calypso, is not really an excuse to have a private avatar as a planet partner. That is an issue to bring up with MA, but not able to give out prizes, come on, it would only take one puny angry phone call to MA from an angry planet partner to sort out a simple solution.

There is NO excuse for a planet partner to have a private avatar.....and to then go hunting with it, or crafting with it or mining with it or whatever with it. Conflict of interest....which you seem to convieniently forgotton

It would be interesting to know what is happening with ND's taxed LA's now, as it should be stated in the conctract that employess/owners cannot own assets within the universe (at least not their own planet)

Rgds

Ace

I recognise the conflict of interest, but I do not recognise exactly why.... I recognise that the reasons players have for disliking ND's use of proper avatars are based on assumptions that somehow these avatars are playing independently, trying to make money from their play, and become good players, in the same way that normal players do. Anyone who spends time on Rocktropia knows full-well that this isn't true.
You can provide source that ND Studios does not have the same access to technologies and tools as FPC has?

Or is this a mere assumption from your side because they have not implemented any missions yet?

I remember ND stating so himself on Rocktropias forum, I will search for the post.

Back