Why no-one works on Entropedia?

Cool info; thanks Witte!

Do you have an easy way of figuring how many different accounts made updates? Is it a little info from a lot of ppl, or lots of updates from a few?

No idea how to get specific numbers of updates/person .. but for a general idea of who is doing the updates, just use the Latest Updates link in the bottom group on the lefthand side menubar.

I am just 12 monthes old and did 45 updates. Although i knew entropedia from first day of play I still waited march to make my first changes, wich seems reasonnable to feel immerged enough. Then it is a participating story, everybody takes 30 secs to update time to time and it will be allright (for loot).

As some others say, the why is you actually. Do it and some others, seeing updated loots tables, will participate too.

For mobs locations: I never dared to change something because i allways have a doubt wheter the spawn I am supposed to have found is or not a permanant spawn.

that was for a noob vision of the problem, I hope it represents lot of ppl, that would mean lot of newcomers, but i'm afraid it ain't the case at all, we lack serious populations (at least 1000 more players at every moment) imo. As it was splitted amongst three planets now it is even worst. Not to mention we have different mobs, so it is possible we have lost a lot of efficiency to quickly update things indeed. Need some ppl!!

filibert

Entropedia was a perfect source before VU switch. But now most mob locations seem to be wrong/not existant, the loot is a total myth now etc. Especially the new loot is often not added.

My reason: the update process for loot was way more simple some months ago, the current system takes way too much time.

What is the reason that you don't update?

Actually alot of people work on www.entropiawiki.com everyday You just don't see it, because it is small things.

The last week I have been doing alot of testing how much Damage wolfs do and I have located them on Rocktropia map.

Witte has been fixing my mistakes if I do something incorrect on the map.

So alot of poeple is working everyday on Entropedia. My ambition is to make Rocktropia map Complete in a month or
two.

Yes its quite annoying when information is wrong on the site so I just FIX it...it kinda is upsetting that more players don't help out the site and fix the information for other players...

~Danimal

Yes its quite annoying when information is wrong on the site so I just FIX it...it kinda is upsetting that more players don't help out the site and fix the information for other players...

~Danimal
Talk Mindark and all the Planet Partners in to not making the virtual universe so damn "dynamic" - i.e. changing all the time, mostly in their favor, in every way, nearly everyday so that everything gets nerfed constantly, and you might have tons of participants more willing to help out...

As it is the items in game change too darn fast - so fast that many of us are not even aware of the changes when they do happen, so keeping track of those changes and logging them over there is just too much of a hassle. Besides that... entropedia isn't the only wiki out there... entropiaplanets has one too... and since 711 runs ef along with entropedia, and sold the forum database to FPC, I think some that used to update there a lot are still irritated over that whole scuffle...

Why update that wiki database that he owns too since he's likely just going to sell it off someday too?

I used to try to update it when I could... but so many things change so fast, it's a pointless effort. As soon as you finish updating something, a new vu will come that changes it all, making all previous updates there completely outdated and useless. Some don't update it because of the nerfs... they are now holding an item that is worth less then it was when the update on that item was listed over there due to the changes, so why update it and lose whatever markup they could gain by not updating?...

Actually, that sort of stuff might be one of the ulterior motives for why that place was sort of setup in the first place... ? Lets get people to update here all the time so that we can all see everything's stats and then find ways to lower the prices on the things we want to get... or increase the percieved values of things we have and want to sell, etc... If MA wanted a "dictionary" why don't they put out one, and actually have their programmers write entries to it every time they make changes?

Last edited:
Talk Mindark and all the Planet Partners in to not making the virtual universe so damn "dynamic" - i.e. changing all the time, mostly in their favor, in every way, nearly everyday so that everything gets nerfed constantly, and you might have tons of participants more willing to help out...

As it is the items in game change too darn fast - so fast that many of us are not even aware of the changes when they do happen, so keeping track of those changes and logging them over there is just too much of a hassle. Besides that... entropedia isn't the only wiki out there... entropiaplanets has one too... and since 711 runs ef along with entropedia, and sold the forum database to FPC, I think some that used to update there a lot are still irritated over that whole scuffle a lot...

Why update that wiki database that he owns too since he's likely just going to sell it off someday too?

I used to try to update it when I could... but so many things change so fast, it's a pointless effort. As soon as you finish updating something, a new vu will come that changes it all, making all previous updates there completely outdated and useless.

info is power. why would anyone want to share true info... look to wiki for bs.

I ment to say the drones at Jason are llooting incredibaly well and i didn't want to have anyone else miss out on that. not really though

Last edited:

711 does not own Entropedia afaik, he simply provides free hosting.

Witte is the owner/admin/developer for the site.

711 does not own Entropedia afaik, he simply provides free hosting.

Witte is the owner/admin/developer for the site.

FREE? Really?

I guess it wouldn't matter if it wasn't free. But wasn't 711 really an avatar named neo something or other, that buyed another avatar.. it's all getting so muddled and so clear at the same time.

Last edited:
711 = Neomaven, which you can see here: Very old post, but it's still the same today?

yea that's it.... Neomavin ty Jenny there was another one he buyed though... it's right on the tip of my head.. i member it you see...

the other avatar had a good name, one i'd think i would remember lol. haven't seem either of them about for a long time now, you'd think you would see dem about wouldn't you?

Last edited:
yea that's it.... Neomavin ty Jenny there was another one he buyed though... it's right on the tip of my head.. i member it you see...

And just wth does any of this have to do with Entropedia ?

I've made over 26000 updates there - what I consider to be part of my contribution to the community.
Others have made thousands of updates too.

People like you make me wonder why any of us bothers.
Your account here was created in 2010, the controversy over Neomaven was in about 2007.
So presumably you have another account?

And just wth does any of this have to do with Entropedia ?

I've made over 26000 updates there - what I consider to be part of my contribution to the community.
Others have made thousands of updates too.

People like you make me wonder why any of us bothers.
Your account here was created in 2010, the controversy over Neomaven was in about 2007.
So presumably you have another account?

Shrug, what is the point of it?

yes i do have an account there, and i have made some updates.. real ones, bonifide ones

i have noticed though that other folks seem to make some not right ones

these may be bogus duribility ratings.. whatever use your imgination.

i choose not to go to the wiki anymore, no info is better than wrong info.

sorry to say that as i know people have put effort into it. I said in another thread it's (wiki) is not helpfull overall.

Sorry Serica, I don't have another account, I have flown?, flyed? wid you a few times though. Not a dis in anyway intended.

i dun know wat to say to you about dis.

Last edited:
S...

i have noticed though that other folks seem to make some not right ones

these may be bogus duribility ratings.. whatever use your imgination.

And did you 'mark' them in the update history, so that Witte could investigate ?

(He'll IP-ban people with a record of malicious changes to the database.)

Or just wander off and complain that the info is wrong, but not take any steps to ensure that its fixed for the future?

“Yet I have always believed that problems should be solved by those who see them ― that when a difficulty presents itself the person who becomes aware of it should answer it instead of trying to pass it to someone else.” ― Myste, ‘Mordant’s Need’, Stephen Donaldson, Chapter 15

And did you 'mark' them in the update history, so that Witte could investigate ?

(He'll IP-ban people with a record of malicious changes to the database.)

Or just wander off and complain that the info is wrong, but not take any steps to ensure that its fixed for the future?

“Yet I have always believed that problems should be solved by those who see them ― that when a difficulty presents itself the person who becomes aware of it should answer it instead of trying to pass it to someone else.” ― Myste, ‘Mordant’s Need’, Stephen Donaldson, Chapter 15

Did I mark them? Yes ofc, i lifted my leg and... you know.... what males do about these things, what else should we do?

I'm not complaining about anything.

From my experience the info is wrong, allot of the times i have looked there for info. Many times it is correct. So? :p

i think it's just wrong headed and in conflict wid EU in general

threre isn't much point in arguing this

just what I think, so ofc that's the end of it :D

Back